Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (107) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (327928 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 10:03pm On Feb 29, 2012
hey all, so sorry i have been away for a while. Work and family has kept me away. Good to see that the thread is bubbling hot. Thanks all for checking on me. I dey here oh, i no go anywhere.
HG, ronky, mody,agaba,ajanlekoko,good to know u are all keeping on.
@modath dear: no vex i just came here again since over a week ago.
About BFBM, its really intense and you burn a lot of calories if u do it well.its intense but doable as you do not alway do high intensity cardio.its all mixed up. Its about 50 minutes fro warm up to cool down.infact the road contruction no get part2 oh.its like its spreading tp many parts of abuja oh.but its all good, so we dont end up with crazy hold up like that of Lagos.

Logs for 28/2/12
32 minutes on the ellptical

logs for today 29/2/12
JARI LOVES GER strength training and abs
have a good night all
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:28pm On Feb 29, 2012
Welcome ML, it is really nice having you around and knowing you are doing well too.

@Kol, you are welcome to the thread.

@all, I said once that ave had stuffs up my sleeve now am out and I need to share it.

What I did was not deliberate but I got all out and excited about it along the way. I just finished a 29 day fasting programme (religious, not Lent) and trust me its been worth it. As much as I had the spiritual benefits rolling in and in expectation of greater miracles, I also saw myself in an experiment for the 29 days, I weighed in everyday, I can now differentiate the facts from myths, my body was the lab rat and it cooperated with me too.

I have not measured the inches but I am 4kg down (maybe its water loss and I may add it up in the next one month, lets wait and see). I did not workout except my daily field walk work and house chores. I was also drinking water throughout the day and I break with fruits, liquids and my calorie targets for each day. Its been a nice trial and I loved it.
As I said, ave learned a lot at least now I can look at food and not be tempted to eat, I had a strong will to say NO, THANKS to whatever am offered if it doesn't fit with my daily needs. Before the fast, I have started packing my lunch, at least the mamaput may make a great loss cos of me now. I am really loving myself the more on daily basis. I will still share more as the days roll by

I am re-starting my 30 Day Shred tomorrow. Each month comes with its own challenge now and I have it all written down and pasted everywhere from my fridge to the workout room etc. We shall all get there

I love you all
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 8:14am On Mar 01, 2012
wow, HG, dats great news. But keep your fingers crossed as the scale may move up a bit as you resume normal eating. It may just be very little especially if you eat right and workout well. This is from experience.
It truly pays to pack ones luch to the office oh.it saves you a whole lot of calories.
Congrats again.
@kol:welcome
@uche: i can imagine how good you felt.nice story.cant wait to get to where you are, when people will see me and shout hysterically because of the drastic drop in size.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:36am On Mar 01, 2012
mightlove:

wow, HG, dats great news. But keep your fingers crossed as the scale may move up a bit as you resume normal eating. It may just be very little especially if you eat right and workout well. This is from experience.
It truly pays to pack ones luch to the office oh.it saves you a whole lot of calories.
Congrats again.
@kol:welcome
@uche: i can imagine how good you felt.nice story.cant wait to get to where you are, when people will see me and shout hysterically because of the drastic drop in size.

Thanks for the note, the bolded is one of the things am also achieving. If and when it happens, I will also be bold enough to tell others. This journey is more of a learning process for me and that is why I read every article on weightloss (I just got some books). I might become a certified trainer tomorrow you know, lol. Take care
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 10:48am On Mar 01, 2012
@Ronke,  grin 1000 skips is very doable oh. I started with jump rope when i did not have any work out dvd and going to the gym everyday was an impossible feat so i just skipped away. I started with 100 skips five times making 500 and it just got easier.

@Mightlove, thanks oh. The change is awesome. I so wish i can share pictures cos i believe i have slashed half of my body grin.

@HG, Mighty congrats oh. You sure one of my many inspirations. If you see the way i am hungry for any information that pertains to weight loss eh! its amazing

@all, please congratulate me oh. This is my 6th month of abandoning soft drink totally angry. Not even tasted the thing sef and i am so not interested undecided. The funny part is that there is no urge for it at all though there is free food and drink for lunch at work.

The best part of this journey is how our body adjusts with time and all the cravings gradually leave us except at that time of the month. I used to be a kfc chicken fan and everybody in the office knew me for it. When i started this journey, i told myself that when i get to 68kg, i would treat myself to it. I got to 68, went past it and am 64kg at present and still have not bought it because there really is no urge for it. Sounds weird though cry.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Kol: 11:04am On Mar 01, 2012
Hour Glass.  refer to this site for the best free books and also a couple of good tips around weight-loss
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:50pm On Mar 01, 2012
Kol:

Hour Glass.  refer to this site for the best free books and also a couple of good tips around weight-loss

What a lovely site that is, but so so against my beliefs on weight loss. Thanks anyways.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Kol: 12:34am On Mar 02, 2012
Add a couple of mango fruits to your daily diet!!.
Scientists have revealed that the African mango predominantly available in Nigeria and Cameroun help greatly lower blood fat levels.
Read the full article here
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:28am On Mar 02, 2012
01/03/12

I re-started 30 Day Shred yesterday and with so much determination (wish me luck this time grin).
Thanks for being such inspiration to me
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:12am On Mar 02, 2012
Hour_Glass:

01/03/12

I re-started 30 Day Shred yesterday and with so much determination (wish me luck this time grin).
Thanks for being such inspiration to me
you can do it,so am waiting anxiously for updates and results.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 9:48am On Mar 02, 2012
HG babe, go gurly, u can do it.wish u all the best in this 30 day assignment.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:05pm On Mar 02, 2012
@ modath and ML, I know you guys will always be there for me. Thank you for those words, they meant a lot to me.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 11:04am On Mar 03, 2012
I woke up so sore this morning as if ave never done this before. I am keeping on anyways

02/03/12
Day2

03/03/12
27:18 mins of Billy's bootcamp workout.

So my challenge for this March is this:

5 days of Strength (30 Day Shred)
3 days of Cardio (any of my taebo DVDs), I have Cathe Fredrick workouts now too (She uses ball and steps and am yet to get those).

Simplifying my workouts this way should help me focused and of course there is a reward at the end of this, looking forward to it too.
cheesy
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 11:08am On Mar 03, 2012
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:23pm On Mar 03, 2012
Hour_Glass:

@ modath and ML, I know you guys will always be there for me. Thank you for those words, they meant a lot to me.
I will always be there for you too and you know it.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:32pm On Mar 03, 2012
agabaI23:

No I don't know, are you jealous I dint mention your name? Ok, where ave you been since? Ave missed you. tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:44pm On Mar 03, 2012
Yes I am jealous what do you expect? undecided I've been pretty busy and mobile. Sustained a little ankle injury from footie so I kinda soft-pedaled. How is you?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 1:07pm On Mar 03, 2012
oooohhhh soowwwiiiii, *pats the ankle lightly*. Take care dear.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 2:01pm On Mar 03, 2012
Smiles* Thanks wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:20am On Mar 04, 2012
agabaI23:

mr &mrs ,dis una love dey catch fire oooo!!
Hour_Glass:

No I don't know, are you jealous I dint mention your name? Ok, where ave you been since? Ave missed you. tongue
agabaI23:

sorry about the injury.
Yes I am jealous what do you expect? undecided I've been pretty busy and mobile. Sustained a little ankle injury from footie so I kinda soft-pedaled. How is you?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:27am On Mar 04, 2012
agabaI23:

sorry about the ankle ,and dont try kicking it up another notch if you aren't fully healed. *madam hg u dey hear*.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:37am On Mar 04, 2012
@Uche,how could I have possibly missed your report,so sorry for the ommission. Way to go girl and now you are where you want to be,please don't let it slip. You'd be surprised at the number of folks who'd make comments(good or bad)if you so much as gain any noticeable weight.I am stoked to hear that all the past habits that got in the way had been dispensed with,especially knowing food is not a great reward for weightloss.you are not weird in any way,shape of form.you are just on top of things which is why most people can't keep up and relax at the first sign of success. You have things in perspective, Thumbs up!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 5:40am On Mar 04, 2012
*sidebar* Today is my baiday!! cool
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:35am On Mar 04, 2012
modath:

*sidebar* Today is my baiday!! cool

Wow!!! Happy Birthday Baby Girl, March onto success dear, all shall be well. I love the month of March. wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Kol: 9:55am On Mar 04, 2012
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:21am On Mar 04, 2012
Happy birthday Mody

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Kol: 10:31am On Mar 04, 2012
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 2:23pm On Mar 04, 2012
happy birthday modath! I love this cake that agaba sent you its so beautiful.

@HG: keep going
@agaba:eyaa, sorry about ur ankle oh
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2012
This cake is so yummy, but am still jealous undecided

Mine is next week, be prepared
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:04pm On Mar 04, 2012
mightlove:

happy birthday modath! [s]I love this cake that agaba sent you its so beautiful.[/s]

@HG: keep going
@agaba:eyaa, sorry about ur ankle oh

Thanks ML, how una dey?

Don't mind the guy, am watching his every move today, he must not leave the room before "tins" dey happen behind my back. He told me he was going to see a friend o, na him I see cake for Mody. I love you o modath, but the guy na him cause am grin. Enjoy your day baby girl.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 5:24pm On Mar 04, 2012
Hey folks! I am back smiley and what a great day to resume back in the best forum on this site! Many happy returns dear modath smiley

@HG, ML, Ronky, Agaba, how you all dey na? great to see you all fighting fit and continuing on your programs. Well done guys! Also big helllo to the newbies on here too. smiley

I have been absent for much longer than I initially anticipated. Thank God I am now back to health and strength after feeling below par for a while. I really needed to the rest and time out to get my strength back.

Well this week it's back to business as usual.

I have 2 mini goals I want to set myself for this week.

1. I aim to work out at least 30mins a day for six days starting today and ending Friday. By workout this could take the form of brisk walking, run, exercise dvds etc. As long as my heart rate is up for 30 mins a day.
2. Log the workout daily on this forum.

Ok so those are my min goals for the week, I will assess by the end of the week, then set new ones for the following week.

Happy new week to you all

(1) (2) (3) ... (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.