Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (328245 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by nonnyp(f): 8:05pm On Mar 22, 2012
tue 20/3/2011
50 skips of rope,10 reps of crunches,10 rep of squats
food log
BF;a portion of water melon,a portion of pineapple n a finger of banana.
Lunch
a serving of eba n oha soup,snacked on cucumber n peanut
Dinner
2 fingers of banana,1/2 slice of cucumber.
Wed 21/3/2011
10 mins jog,15 reps squats,30 skips of rope ,15 reps crunches.
food log

BF; a cup of chocolate drink with milk n 2pieces of cabin biscuit.
Lunch
2 fingers of banana,a portion of water melon,1/2 slice of cucumber, n a portion of pineapple.
Dinner
a serving of rice n veg soup.
Thurs 22/3/2011
no exercises
BF ; a serving of rice n veg soup
Lunch ;5 small pieces of yam n stew with 50cl pepsi( couldn't resist d urge God save me oh)
Dinner
a cup of choco n milk with 2 slices of bread.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Nobody: 8:59pm On Mar 22, 2012
nonnyp: tue 20/3/2011
50 skips of rope,10 reps of crunches,10 rep of squats
food log
BF;a portion of water melon,a portion of pineapple n a finger of banana.
Lunch
a serving of eba n oha soup,snacked on cucumber n peanut
Dinner
2 fingers of banana,1/2 slice of cucumber.
Wed 21/3/2011
10 mins jog,15 reps squats,30 skips of rope ,15 reps crunches.
food log

BF; a cup of chocolate drink with milk n 2pieces of cabin biscuit.
Lunch
2 fingers of banana,a portion of water melon,1/2 slice of cucumber, n a portion of pineapple.
Dinner
a serving of rice n veg soup.
Thurs 22/3/2011
no exercises
BF ; a serving of rice n veg soup
Lunch ;5 small pieces of yam n stew with 50cl pepsi( couldn't resist d urge God save me oh)
Dinner
a cup of choco n milk with 2 slices of bread.

pls help! Are all these sumptuous meal going to make me to add on or be reduced? :/ #this is really inviting!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 10:00pm On Mar 22, 2012
logs for today 22/3/12
35 minutes on the ellptical macjine, jari loves GER 1000 weight only workout
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:20pm On Mar 22, 2012
OlowoTee:

pls help! Are all these sumptuous meal going to make me to add on or be reduced? :/ #this is really inviting!

Those are wonderful and healthy choices. If they are maintained for long, you cannot imagine the results. Well done nonnyp, your rewards will soon be evident.

Hi all, am really cool o with some "wonderful" food choices today, its one of those days when I have to indulge myself and I enjoyed every bit of it, no guilt only those choices are likely not to be made tomorrow or often, lol.

1 Like

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 7:32am On Mar 23, 2012
hi nonny, great food logs there and great work.if you dont feel weak or hungry all the time then you are good to go,you know breastfeeding can make one feel really hungry. And please drink a lot of water too, that will help a great deal.
Please,what was ur prepregnancy weight, your post pregnancy/current weight and what is your target weight.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 1:55pm On Mar 23, 2012
Friday 23rd March

Jillian Michael 30 day shred level 1

End of the week, yippe! So i decided to round off with some strength training with our dear Jillian. Good stuff smiley

Wishing you all a good weekend.

Ps: will be giving the Sunday long run a miss this sunday as the clocks are going forward here so an hour less in bed for us sad I also need to be up early for a programme at church. Im thinking of doing my workout tmrw instead and resting on sunday..let's see sha...
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 9:23pm On Mar 23, 2012
*Sniff* *sniff*
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 9:55pm On Mar 23, 2012
How all nice logs up there.

Thank you Mightlove, you know i will be happier if the pounds i lost went through the scale,smileysmiley smiley
@Nonnyp....wahlai, that gari and oha soup is making my mouth water, i made poundo and ognosoup with okro, infact i was sitting in the pots smiley

Log for yesterday; 35 minutes booty camp, cardio burn. very good, loved it.

Everyone have a nice weekend.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 12:00pm On Mar 24, 2012
na wa oh agaba, where have u been all these while. Anyway welcome back.
Exercise logs for yesterdy 23/3/12
JMs BFBM dvd.
Have a great weekend all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 12:43pm On Mar 24, 2012
I have been a bit busy m.love. It took me time to adapt to this new NL. It also hid this thread from me. Just had to search last night.
@ Modath, na I was not mourning the split lol

Hello Hour G kiss

Babsy: Welcome back. Posting will resume in no distant time

@ All
Una do well oo

I have been active also
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 3:02pm On Mar 24, 2012
Happy weekend every!!!!!!!!

logs for yesterday, 30 minutes ''yoga melt down'' with Jillian Michaels...level 1.

Lost 2 pounds this week, so increasing my calories for the week has helped pretty well, will increase it again this coming week, but different days, say, maybe, monday my normal intake, wednessday, would increase it a bit, friday would increase it a bit, only because i don't want my body to be used to status-quo.

might not work-out today, taking the day off. will resume back tomorrow, see you all in the new week.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 12:11pm On Mar 25, 2012
I am about to go engage my jump rope. Target jumps is 1,000 minimum, but I am hoping I can push my self to 1,500. Wish me luck smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 1:00pm On Mar 25, 2012
Echala: @babs, thank God you are feeling better. It's important to pay attention to the sign your body is giving you. I have witnessed someone pass out in the gym.

I ended up doing 1,600 jumps at a time of 20 minutes. I really pushed the envelope this time. I have taken my bath and the sweat is still dripping down like MAD.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 2:08pm On Mar 25, 2012
Echala:

I ended up doing 1,600 jumps at a time of 20 minutes. I really pushed the envelope this time. I have taken my bath and the sweat is still dripping down like MAD.

Up you,Yayyyyy! I love skipping too,its a lot of fun and when am doing the shred its my cardio of choice.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by nonnyp(f): 12:03am On Mar 26, 2012
@ HG,Ronkebp,Mightlove
thanx a bunch have to post my food los 2 be motivated and funny enough i am already seeing the good result.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:53pm On Mar 26, 2012
Hi all, its good to see everyone doing really good.

The previous week was not really bad but it was not good either. I put in just two days outta five last week, no excuse but I had reasons.

1. TOM took over everything from cravings to pains and moodiness, and I allowed her to take over for 1 to 2 days.

2. There were lots of arguments with my friend on my next challenge of running, he is not just cut out for my running in our surrounding. Nice place with good terrain but the guy is afraid of the inhabitants. I was so apprehensive last week I almost cried. We eventually agreed on gym membership, "settled".

3. I got so excited about this challenge that I felt like abandoning everything and starting immediately. I loved the gym (not far from my workplace, fully stocked nice treadmills too), I loved the staff as they were very accomodating and ready to help anyhow. Of course almost immediately 30 day shred became a bore.

But today I am awake from my slumber and trying to finish up the shred if not I lose my rewards (a step or an exercise ball or a large mirror).

So, in someone's words "this is a no nonsense week". I have to double my efforts with 2 workouts per day so I can meet up to start Level 3. I believe it will be easier to finish up now because I am on my annual leave starting today.

My non scale victories:
When I suck my guts in now I see this definition in my abs, that ave not noticed in years.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 2:35pm On Mar 26, 2012
Hour_Glass: Hi all, its good to see everyone doing really good.

The previous week was not really bad but it was not good either. I put in just two days outta five last week, no excuse but I had reasons.

1. TOM took over everything from cravings to pains and moodiness, and I allowed her to take over for 1 to 2 days.

2. There were lots of arguments with my friend on my next challenge of running, he is not just cut out for my running in our surrounding. Nice place with good terrain but the guy is afraid of the inhabitants. I was so apprehensive last week I almost cried. We eventually agreed on gym membership, "settled".

3. I got so excited about this challenge that I felt like abandoning everything and starting immediately. I loved the gym (not far from my workplace, fully stocked nice treadmills too), I loved the staff as they were very accomodating and ready to help anyhow. Of course almost immediately 30 day shred became a bore.

But today I am awake from my slumber and trying to finish up the shred if not I lose my rewards (a step or an exercise ball or a large mirror).

So, in someone's words "this is a no nonsense week". I have to double my efforts with 2 workouts per day so I can meet up to start Level 3. I believe it will be easier to finish up now because I am on my annual leave starting today.

My non scale victories:
When I suck my guts in now I see this definition in my abs, that ave not noticed in years.

You go girl, do your thang.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2012
"There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results."

~ Kenneth Blanchard.

Inspired by this...
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:11pm On Mar 26, 2012
agabaI23: *Sniff* *sniff*

Is it smelling nice?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 8:47pm On Mar 26, 2012
Hour_Glass:

Is it smelling nice?
smells sexy wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:28pm On Mar 26, 2012
Hour_Glass: "There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results."

~ Kenneth Blanchard.

Inspired by this...

Love love love this.I preach same to my once in a fortnight exercise warrior friend. Waking up @ 5 to do my runs is not a walk in the park neither is getting DOMS after slacking on my strenght training for some time but the days of "Are you pregnant,Mama Ibeji or take it easy cos of your condition" is in my past and I am not going to accept anything that falls short.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:30pm On Mar 26, 2012
agabaI23: smells sexy wink
Hour_Glass:

Is it smelling nice?

Both of una don continue with una cyber flirtfest abi? smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 9:23am On Mar 27, 2012
@echala:congrats on the feat.u r on your way to 2000s
@ronkebp:congrats on the loss dear.
@HG:congrats on the NSVs,they keep u motivated when the scale doesnt buldge after all.
@modath:way to go girl, the only loss u make for embarking on this journey are lack of self esteem, unwanted baggage and all the ills that come with it.
@nonny:congrats on the result,if u keep it up, u'll see more results
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by gunuvi(m): 9:45am On Mar 27, 2012
Have you guys tried cooking with Virgin coconut oil?. You will be amazed the rate at which you will be losing weight and have your immune system boost.
try it today!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 9:54am On Mar 27, 2012
LOGS FOR THE PAST DAYS
24/3/12
nil, rest
25/3/12
jari loves get extremely ripped (1hr of weight)
26/3/12
31 minutes on the cross trainer
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:04am On Mar 27, 2012
modath:

Both of una don continue with una cyber flirtfest abi? smiley
Yes my dear wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 12:37pm On Mar 27, 2012
mightlove:
@HG:congrats on the NSVs,they keep u motivated when the scale doesnt buldge after all.

Did I mention that my beautiful scale got spoilt? Even when I feel like measuring "accurately" now, I can't. Though I have that other type that is very dusty am sure now. So I measure using my body changes now, I hope the scale will say the same thing when I stand on it.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2012
"People with goals succeed because they know where they are going... It's as simple as that."
~ Earl Nightingale.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 2:56pm On Mar 27, 2012
Good morning guys, how are we all doing? doing great on my end shaa!!! smiley

@ Mightlove: thank you dear, still have my motivation going...
@HG, nice one and plan you got going!!! good for you, nice quotes too, my dear, na motivation oooo, interest can do nothing in my own case....smiley
And everyone, i can see you are all ripping it, that is the spirit, bye-bye to FAT!!!!!!

No exercise for me for saturday and sunday, took those days off from exercising.

Log for yesterday, 34 mins total body cardio, really challenging, but helped to build muscles.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 10:08pm On Mar 27, 2012
Interesting article for the ladies......

Women: Why Weights?

"I don't want to bulk up!"

How many times have you heard this? How many times have you said it? Full disclosure: I've uttered these words myself. Then I met someone who taught me the error of my ways and it transformed my health, my physique, and my life.

Lifting weights, also known as strength training or resistance training, is not just about building big muscles. However, as a coach for women trying to lose weight and improve their general health, I run into this misconception all the time. Women with whom I work often approach me with the assumption that I will prescribe a strict diet and a healthy dose of cardio to help them meet their weight loss goals. They're right about the diet, but when I tell them they'll have to spend more time in the weight room than on the treadmill, they're incredulous. "But I don't want to bulk up, I want to lose fat!"

Exactly.

As a fitness competitor and coach, my personal and professional philosophy of training and health is centered on efficiency and effectiveness. I don't believe in wasting time, money, or energy -- my clients' or my own -- and the most effective and efficient way to lose fat and to improve and maintain one's general health is to combine the right diet with a workout program that focuses on strength training.

Strength Training for Fat Loss
The goal of strength training is to increase the amount of lean muscle tissue you have in your body. This isn't just to give you a muscular or toned look, it is to boost your metabolism and maximize your body's ability to burn calories and lose fat. Lean muscle is an active tissue that requires calories for energy beyond the moments you are actually exercising the muscle. The more lean muscle tissue you have on your body, the more calories you burn on an ongoing basis, which means more fat loss. With cardio, the calorie burn stops when you stop exercising. Not only that, while cardio burns fat, it simultaneously diminishes muscle tissue, which works against us in the game of efficient fat loss.

Strength Training for General Health
The benefits of strength training go far beyond just weight loss and weight management. Following a regular strength training program helps to prevent bone loss due to osteoporosis by causing muscles and tendons to pull on the bones, which in turn stimulates bone cells to produce more bone. It can also slow the effect of sarcopenia, the age-related loss of muscle mass. To top it off, strength training helps reduce the effect of many other chronic conditions associated with aging, such as heart disease, diabetes, and arthritis.

The Myth of Bulk
Despite the common belief that lifting weights will make you too big, the truth is that your size is in your control. If you want to get bigger you can, but it's very difficult and time-consuming to do so, particularly once you are in your 30s and 40s. The default is that you aren't going to put on a lot of muscle size unless you intentionally try to do so with diet and special training. With a standard strength training program and regular, healthy diet, you will increase your lean muscle mass and your muscles will become more defined as you lose fat, but you will not "bulk up."
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:54am On Mar 28, 2012
Wed 28th March

Tae bo Celebrity Get Fit - 43 mins

Hour_Glass: "There is a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in doing something, you do it only when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses; only results."

~ Kenneth Blanchard.

Inspired by this...

I also think this is a fab quote! I had a few changes to home life in the past few days with relatives over and an impending occasion coming up which is taking over everyones time at the moment.. Anyway it was begining to affect my routine and i found it difficult to get my flow back but i had to find a way to get back before i begin to descend down the slippery slope of excuses undecided. Thus the above quote really rings true for me.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 10:52am On Mar 28, 2012
logs for yesterday 27/3/12
36 minutes on the elliptical cross trainer

(1) (2) (3) ... (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.