Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (328674 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:55pm On Mar 17, 2012
@ALL,
Believe you are all having a great weekend,mine is not shabby as well.
My God is GOOD(not dbanj/Kanye good)!I was on my way to a wedding with my friends and ALL our children when the brake bad of the Bus fell off on motion,my faithful Lord came through with no event nor mishap.

@HG,Keep on keeping on,Thumbs up.
Agaba is mourning Don jazzy/Dbanj "break-up"

@Barbie,Welldone! I am going to step it up this coming week as well,lethargy is almost stepping in and at the same time,I need to drop some inches,am getting comfortable and some clothes are fitting too snugly.
Ciao.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 7:13pm On Mar 17, 2012
^^^^^.Forgot to mention I was driving. cool
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:35pm On Mar 17, 2012
modath: ^^^^^.Forgot to mention I was driving. cool

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

God is truly good to His own. It shall be well my sister, we shall not be partakers of evil this year. Take care
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 11:22am On Mar 18, 2012
Sunday 18th March

Ive kicked off the start of the new week with my running session.

It's my 'long run Sunday' workout today - 60 mins

My new goals for this week:

-Exercising portion control in all my main meals this week.
- & Carb control.

Happy mothers day to all the mummies in the house! smiley

@modath, praise God for that mighty deliverance, God is faithful.

Cheering all my peeps on with our workouts this week, let's do it!

Wishing you all an energetic and fulfilled week ahead.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:36pm On Mar 18, 2012
babs2011: Sunday 18th March

Ive kicked off the start of the new week with my running session.

It's my 'long run Sunday' workout today - 60 mins

My new goals for this week:

-Exercising portion control in all my main meals this week.
- & Carb control.

Happy mothers day to all the mummies in the house! smiley

@modath, praise God for that mighty deliverance, God is faithful.

Cheering all my peeps on with our workouts this week, let's do it!

Wishing you all an energetic and fulfilled week ahead.

Good one and sign of a good week already. Well done

Today is my rest/stretch day and it will be Day3/2 of Shred tomorrow, all things being equal.

I may not be weighing for sometimes now, I confirmed yesterday that my chewing gum scale is spoiled. I was climbing on it everyday for 29 days but am not sure its enough to crack the thing. When you just have this fashionable stuffs, they don't last.

Uche, Burntcoal, agaba, ronky where are you all?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by nonnyp(f): 3:18am On Mar 19, 2012
friends my doctor said dt am free 2 start my workout am so happy.am kicking off ds morning in the next 2hrs 2 b precise,happy new week 2 all..
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 5:33am On Mar 19, 2012
nonnyp: friends my doctor said dt am free 2 start my workout am so happy.am kicking off ds morning in the next 2hrs 2 b precise,happy new week 2 all..

Good to hear that nonny, but what went wrong in the first place? I hope that is not a dumb question?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 12:25pm On Mar 19, 2012
@all:how was your weekend
@modath:praise God for His mighty deliverance.
@HG and babs:way to go girls, that's the recipe for a great week
logs for the past days
saturday 17/3/2012
JMs BFBM

sunday 18/3/2012
Hannah Watermans Body blitz
This week will be great by His grace.
Have a great week all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 2:51pm On Mar 19, 2012
@My lovely ladies,
Thanks for the outpouring of goodwill,I feel all warm and gooey inside. wink
There is a vast gap between cardio fitness and muscular endurance,i am a witness to the "you will have major DOMS if you take more than one week of strength training" Gospel. My glutes,Pecs,hamstrings etc have all conspired against me,they are killing meeeeeeeeeee grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 4:04pm On Mar 19, 2012
Ready to start the week on a positive note...will be hitting the gym for my daily aerobics class in two hours. I am feeling really energetic today. There's gonna be a big pool of sweat on the gym floor tonight lol
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 7:28pm On Mar 19, 2012
Monday 19th March

Compulsory rest day!

I had to listen to my body when I awoke this morning -was not feeling too strong and seemed i was coming down with something. Anyway, i heeded and rested today. It did me good as I am feeling stronger now.

Back on form tomorrow by Gods grace. smiley

Nice work ML, Echala
Modath, easy with the strength training!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 8:17pm On Mar 19, 2012
@babs, thank God you are feeling better. It's important to pay attention to the sign your body is giving you. I have witnessed someone pass out in the gym.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:27pm On Mar 19, 2012
babs2011: Monday 19th March

Compulsory rest day!

I had to listen to my body when I awoke this morning -was not feeling too strong and seemed i was coming down with something. Anyway, i heeded and rested today. It did me good as I am feeling stronger now.

Back on form tomorrow by Gods grace. smiley

Nice work ML, Echala
Modath, easy with the strength training!

Sorry dear, that last week was intensive anyways.

Modath,you are the bomb!!! not boko haram pls. Try to rest as much as possible and stretch always even within a ST workout, it works and reduces soreness.

My shin is giving way again (now in both legs) and it saddens my heart a lot because my challenge for April is running, am feeling so sad about it already, but I believe I will win come what may.
Please buddies can you share what the heat is doing to you right now, I feel so weak when am up in the morning, na only me?

Well done Echala and ML, where is Uche and Ruth?

19/03/12

Day 3/2
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 5:06pm On Mar 20, 2012
@Hour-glass

I'm here ma smiley. Yes oh, I started level 3 yesterday and was so happy. Level 2 is actually a killer mhen.

@Modath,

Thank God for that mighty deliverance oh. It is well.

Greetings to mighty-love, ronky, babs2011 and the rest of the crew. Such strong motivation i tell you.

I have made one crazy observation. When i strength train, i usually feel lighter but the scale tilts forward. If i have like a three day period when i do not work out and maybe indulge, the scale then drops. I wonder if the drop is due to the loss of the muscles being built. Abeg experts help me oh.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by loretta(f): 5:39pm On Mar 20, 2012
Hi people, I am really interested in wat u giys are doing. I did ceasearan operation a year ago and really need to lose some weight but don't know whether I can participate
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 7:37pm On Mar 20, 2012
Tuesday 20th March

Running - 35 mins

Hope you are all having a good day.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 7:51pm On Mar 20, 2012
Welcome to the thread Loretta wink You are more than welcome to join in and I'm sure that after a year since your c- section you should be ok now to do some exercise. what are your current stats and what is your goal weight?

Make sure you start with gentle exercise to ease yourself into the habit of working out. Activities that raise your heart rate are what you should aim for. So things like going for brisk walks of 20mins plus, and if you can get hold of exercise Dvds they can be quite effective especially if you are short on time and no gym near you. If you have good Internet access there are quite a few workouts on YouTube you can follow. The key is to start with small goals and build on it in time. Logging your exercise here will keep you accountable and there is support if you are losing motivation. Hope this helps.

@Uche, well done girl on getting to level 3! As per the whole weight and scale issue with strength training, that happens to me too and I tend to loose inches rather than pounds or kgs. Not sure of the eating more etc, could be your metabolism is faster due to muscle built... ?? I'm not sure of the reason sha..Maybe someone can shed some light?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 10:36pm On Mar 20, 2012
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 10:37pm On Mar 20, 2012
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:40pm On Mar 20, 2012
Hi all, I am posting this in between bleary eyes right now. On my feet for the most part of today, too tired for comfort, hungry and worn out. As much as I wanted to be stubborn about it, my friend won't let me, in his words "you are not looking right for a workout tonight" and immediately my body succumbed too. Talk to y'all tomorrow, love you all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 11:03am On Mar 21, 2012
Wed 21st March

Running - 35 mins

HG- hope you were able to get proper rest and feel recharged this morning.
Modath- knew you would come thru with some good info smiley thanks it's very informative!

Have a nice day all x
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 11:35am On Mar 21, 2012
hey all, welldone.
@babs:thanks jare
@lorreta:welcome.u are in the right place.babs has said it all.1 year after C-section is more than enough to stary exercising and like babs said, start gradually.
@HG:pele,take it easy oh.
@echala:way to go
@uche:i notice that too.i got concerned about the scale moving down when i dont workout for a while cos i thought i was loosing muscle.i had to go tp the internet to research how how long it takes to loose muscle if one does not strength train.i discovered that a few days of strength not strength training will not make one loose muscle.they gave an explanation which i can put together and said that once i resume working out, the weight will get back to normal.and truly, afterabout 3 days of resuming workouts, my weight got back to where it was originally.
Logs for yesterday 20/3/12
jari loves GER cardio workout(30 minutes)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:19pm On Mar 21, 2012
babs2011: Wed 21st March

Modath- knew you would come thru with some good info smiley thanks it's very informative!

Have a nice day all x

How for do now Barbie girl,all for one,one for all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:24pm On Mar 21, 2012
Hour_Glass: Hi all, I am posting this in between bleary eyes right now. On my feet for the most part of today, too tired for comfort, hungry and worn out. As much as I wanted to be stubborn about it, my friend won't let me, in his words "you are not looking right for a workout tonight" and immediately my body succumbed too. Talk to y'all tomorrow, love you all.
Babe,any day you spend up to 3 hrs on your feet,you've worked out!Kapish??
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 6:41pm On Mar 21, 2012
Hello everyone. How are we holding on? smiley.

@Babs2011, thank you so much for that information, @Modath, wow! That was highly educating. Geez, the kind of things you learn in this our pursuit to healthier living eh. I used to think before now that loosing weight was just all about eating right and exercising. It is a study on its own oh, what with all the things you learn like adding weight during TOM only for you to loose the water retention thereafter etc. I have learnt a lot and i am still learning everyday mostly from personal observation sef.

@HG, Pele oh Auntie mi. Trust you are well rested oh. Oya back to our level 3 kia kia. Am i teh only one that loves level 3 absolutely, unlike that wicked level 2 embarassed. Jilian kpa kpa said there that she wants us to feel like we are about to die cry.

@Mightlove, Thank God oh, I thought i was the only one in that boat. Now i know better. I got to go hide my scale sharp sharp and get my measuring tape angry.

Log
Day 2, level 3 JM
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 8:57pm On Mar 21, 2012
Hello guys how have you all been doing??

Logs for monday; 44 minutes hip hop dance.nice, was already sweating during the ''warm-up''
Tuesday : 35 minutes intense cardio, i felt ripped after the workout, my waist still hurts though.

Today: don't know yet, maybe will be going for a run, the whether is beautiful, time to get kicking outside.smiley smiley

My meal is changing, increasing my calorien intake a bit, so i can have enough to burn. still weighed the same from last week but dropped some inches.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:39pm On Mar 21, 2012
modath:
Babe,any day you spend up to 3 hrs on your feet,you've worked out!Kapish??

lol, you can say that again. I will put that to mind, ao u dey? Those links were nice

Thanks y'all for the concern o, its just one of those days. Am good and back on my feet now anyways.

@Uche am in Level 2 day 4, and I can tell you that many times I feel I am going to dieeee (in her words). Merely watching level 3 is enough to make me know its easier and more fun. You know my strategy for this witch these days, I think about other things while working out i.e. I allow my mind to wander around other issues like why am loosing weight, my rewards after this challenge etc, and before I say Jack 27 mins is off my clock. Trust me it worked
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by nonnyp(f): 9:41pm On Mar 21, 2012
[quote author=Hour_Glass]

Good to hear that nonny, but what went wrong in the first place? I hope that is not a dumb question

@hourglass not @ all jus had my baby thru c/s on jan 20th,went 4 routine check n my doctor certified me fit 4 workout hope i answered ur question.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:38pm On Mar 21, 2012
^^^^^ you did nonnyp, don't mind my wandering mind grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 11:07am On Mar 22, 2012
@ronke:great work, congrats on the inches lost
@uche:lol, thats a good one,i think i will do same for my workouts when am feeling stopping
@nonny:good for u.hope u have started already.lets see ur logs
@all:have a great day
my exercise logs for yesterday 21/3/2012
36 minutes on the elliptical cross trainer
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 3:52pm On Mar 22, 2012
Thursday 22nd March

Running - 45 mins

Just checking in, trust everyone is well. Such a lovely sunny day here today, spring has truly started smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by nonnyp(f): 7:30pm On Mar 22, 2012
logs 4 d week
mon 19/3/2011
20 mins brisk walk,10 reps squat,10 reps crunches
food log
BF; 1/2 slice of cucumber,2 fingers of banana n a fist full of groundnut.
Lunch
same as morning
Dinner
a serving of rice with veg soup.

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.