Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (113) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (328077 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 11:52am On Mar 28, 2012
One other challenging quote for me.

"Workout to your heart's desire, but if you are NOT eating right, it's a waste of time".

Last week was actually not good, but am back on my feet now.

Shred is shredding my knees, I hope its not that am doing something wrong or na so level 2 do everybody?

Good morning to you all, my leave is going on well with 3 days into it. Am not bored yet as I plan the day/activities ahead. Workout is doing well too only this heat is killing, but I believe we are survivors.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 12:40pm On Mar 28, 2012
Hello everyone. HG, Modath, Mightlove, Babs2011, Ronky, Echala, Agaba123, Nonnyp and the rest of the crew. Nice to know we all are keeping up. smiley.

Log for yesterday
1,000 skips with 250 different strength exercises.

I am angry oh angry. My cousin that stays with me is just too much undecided. When we skip, i am still in 800 and always have to stop to lace my canvass once in a while, while she finishes 1,000 straight. Even when doing the shred together, whenever i stop to catch my breathe, she no dey rest at all. I must get stronger oh embarassed. That is the essence of healthy competition grin.

But the good part is that i used to weigh 2kg more than her but now i am slimmer than her tongue
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2012
welldone HG, by the time your leave is over you would have lost a great deal.
Level 2 of shred is hard ooooo, but you will like the result.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 1:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
@uche:lol, dat is really healthy competition.but chei, ur cousin string oh.1000 at a stretch? Dats a challenge for me too oh.it feels so nice to have a workout partner, am sure it keeps you more motivated and also makes the workout more interesting.
@nonny:how u dey?trust you are still doing well.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:00pm On Mar 28, 2012
1000 jumps, 800 jumps, 500 jumps, 100 jumps *+#-';:=, am not sure I like the workout.
1. I don't know how to skip
2. I tried to learn by following a challenge but shin splints killed me. It grew worse at a time that I cant skip 50 before am caught in the pain.
I don't blame myself for not knowing 'how to' but I always wish I knew how to and not learning at this stage of my life. And to make matters worse when my friend wants to show me, he will just do fia fia and 100 has gone, lol. He doesn't know how to teach.

Anyways as much as I desire to also record big numbers like this, I am not able to at least for now.
I also thank God am not alone in this, my cyberbobo (agaby) doesn't skip either, making two of us. His own reasons are that he doesn't want to hang himself in the bid to skip lol, and na true talk. I still need you around me abeg.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 2:23pm On Mar 28, 2012
Hour_Glass: 1000 jumps, 800 jumps, 500 jumps, 100 jumps *+#-';:=, am not sure I like the workout.
1. I don't know how to skip
2. I tried to learn by following a challenge but shin splints killed me. It grew worse at a time that I cant skip 50 before am caught in the pain.
I don't blame myself for not knowing 'how to' but I always wish I knew how to and not learning at this stage of my life. And to make matters worse when my friend wants to show me, he will just do fia fia and 100 has gone, lol. He doesn't know how to teach.

Anyways as much as I desire to also record big numbers like this, I am not able to at least for now.
I also thank God am not alone in this, my cyberbobo (agaby) doesn't skip either, making two of us. His own reasons are that he doesn't want to hang himself in the bid to skip lol, and na true talk. I still need you around me abeg.

I've always been around honey. Just turn around slowly but be careful because I am too close that your lips could easily lock into mine without much ado wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:33pm On Mar 28, 2012
agabaI23:

I've always been around honey. Just turn around slowly but be careful because I am too close that your lips could easily lock into mine without much ado wink

You are not seriiiiooouuus!!! (Hisses *tscheeww* rolling eyes and leaving the room.)
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 2:41pm On Mar 28, 2012
Drags her back gently and wispers some sweet somethings in her ears
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:54pm On Mar 28, 2012
agabaI23: Drags her back gently and wispers some sweet somethings in her ears

*smiles a little but still leaving* sayin in low tones Who is Odunnu?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 2:58pm On Mar 28, 2012
Gives her a peck and says, Odunnu is a good friend not to be worried though wink wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:18pm On Mar 28, 2012
"don't let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."

~ Earl Nightingale
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 7:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
agabaI23: Gives her a peck and says, Odunnu is a good friend not to be worried though wink wink
lipsrsealed
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 7:29pm On Mar 28, 2012
Say something.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 9:35pm On Mar 28, 2012
agabaI23: Drags her back gently and wispers some sweet somethings in her ears
Hour_Glass:

*smiles a little but still leaving* sayin in low tones Who is Odunnu?
agabaI23: Gives her a peck and says, Odunnu is a good friend not to be worried though wink wink

You guys are just cracking me up. grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:51pm On Mar 28, 2012
modath:

You guys are just cracking me up. grin

that is the whole idea my sista, how una dey?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 10:08pm On Mar 28, 2012
agabaI23: Say something.

So that what will happen na, am still young and besides heat dey now sef. You can follow your friend anywhere, when rain start I will call you. How far with footie? Be careful don't go an grow belle o.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 4:48am On Mar 29, 2012
HG and Agba, please get a room smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:56am On Mar 29, 2012
Echala: HG and Agba, please get a room smiley

No way o, na public love we dey play o, no hiding.

How body? Good morning
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 12:52pm On Mar 29, 2012
Very often you hear people say that exercise without proper control of what passes through the mouth is futile. It all kind of makes sense. But then I always think to myself that if two individuals both consume 3,500 calories per day, one of them works out for alteast one hour per day and the other does absolutely no physical activity.

I find it rather hard to believe that the two individuals described above will be on the same fitness level. My personal belief is that not watching what one eats has a great impact on the effect of their exercise efforts, in the same vein I think an individual is far better off working out than not at all, even if they haven't been able to gain control over their eating habit.

I had to get that off my chest smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 1:40pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hour_Glass:

So that what will happen na, am still young and besides heat dey now sef. You can follow your friend anywhere, when rain start I will call you. How far with footie? Be careful don't go an grow belle o.

You no receive the Ac wee me I send give you? You already have a good Gen set in case PHCN decides to hold power. Abeg make use of them if them no do, i still get mouth so I go blow the heat away.

No belle, I work hard though I travel a lot.

@Echala
Kpachapu anya gi o grin

@Modath
Make you laugh continue jare na your mouth wink!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:42pm On Mar 29, 2012
Echala: Very often you hear people say that exercise without proper control of what passes through the mouth is futile. It all kind of makes sense. But then I always think to myself that if two individuals both consume 3,500 calories per day, one of them works out for alteast one hour per day and the other does absolutely no physical activity.

I find it rather hard to believe that the two individuals described above will be on the same fitness level. My personal belief is that not watching what one eats has a great impact on the effect of their exercise efforts, in the same vein I think an individual is far better off working out than not at all, even if they haven't been able to gain control over their eating habit.

I had to get that off my chest smiley

If I get my facts right Echa, those 2 individuals are never on the same pedestal. The person working out is already creating a deficit with that workout and if the equation of the BMI/BMR stuff is done what the person is doing may make him/her maintain the present weight but may or may not be gaining weight. Unlike the potato in the coach, that one without any serious activity maybe gaining 1kg per week if care is not taken.
About watching what goes into the mouth is one of the hardest thing to do in this journey my dear. For me like some 5, 6 years ago, I ate anything I want to at anytime I want to and my weight (which I dint even care about at all) was just 58 - 60kg. When people make remarks, that I was becoming chubby, it was still not a matter as far as I am concerned. But oneday I climbed the scale and it 90kg 3 years ago, I opened my mouth and my heart nearly came out of it. I dint change diet, I never stopped working (now a more demanding job). So I concluded maybe its age that caught up with my metabolism, now I had to watch everything from water to the tiniest matter that enters my mouth, so tell me how the eating part of weightloss will not be hard for me. But I believe that we shall all get there sooner than later. Just keep on and do not faint, by the time this becomes the new healthy lifestyle we adopt, the weight will def come off by itself.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 2:50pm On Mar 29, 2012
agabaI23:

You no receive the Ac wee me I send give you? You already have a good Gen set in case PHCN decides to hold power. Abeg make use of them if them no do, i still get mouth so I go blow the heat away.

No belle, I work hard though I travel a lot

I got 'em but still don't come. Am not in the mood anyways.

On a lighter note, please do you sell workout shoes? I saw some related stuffs on your site yesterday. The ones I saw here between 13 - 16k, just to run? Abeg o. If yours are that range abeg no reply me o.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:03pm On Mar 29, 2012
Please can someone find burntcoal? Where are you? Pls just say a word and lets know you're still there.

GenBuhari, what happened again, I thought you vowed to come everyday now.

Nonnyp, yeah I understand - the baby - just take your time abeg.

What about that Koko guy? The guy no dey again?

OlowoTee, I thought you were fascinated and wanted to join us here? Good luck

I think every other remains constant.

Nice one NL has started sending me notification mails today, it stopped since the theme changed.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 3:28pm On Mar 29, 2012
@HG, I just got a pair of 'Nike free run' shoes. They are the best thing since sliced bread. It's so comfortable, I feel like I am bare footed when wearing 'em.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:40pm On Mar 29, 2012
Echala: @HG, I just got a pair of 'Nike free run' shoes. They are the best thing since sliced bread. It's so comfortable, I feel like I am bare footed when wearing 'em.

Keep it coming Echa, did you order for it? If not, where? How much?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 5:28pm On Mar 29, 2012
Yeah, got em from the USA. $104
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
Echala: Yeah, got em from the USA. $104

same range, I need something cheaper.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:06pm On Mar 29, 2012
Echala: Yeah, got em from the USA. $104

Thanks so much but its the same range, I need something cheaper.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 7:28pm On Mar 29, 2012
Hey guys, am back again!!!! how all of una?

Logs for tuesday; 40 minutes belly-off total cardio, very intense but great.

Logs for yesterday,; 30 minutes ''dorm burn'' cardio and muscles building. Am still sore from doing it, i no know whu send me oooo, but i was ripped.

@HG, 1000 what? girl!! you don't hurt yourself ooooo, that is too much naaa!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:15pm On Mar 29, 2012
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:19pm On Mar 29, 2012
ronkebp:
@HG, 1000 what? girl!! you don't hurt yourself ooooo, that is too much naaa!!!

Me ke? Who born me well? Check the post again, I was actually whinning on why I don't skip at all.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 8:33pm On Mar 29, 2012
@Echala&HG,
This issue is one that is just guaranteed to always bring up arguements and counter arguements but the basic truth is that no amount of workout(world class/elite athletes not inclusive) can ever nil of a bad diet.you can be fit but as long as the body still lugs around excess unnecessary fat the inherent metabolic risks are still there.
I was about 3kg above my lowest weight for about 3 months not because I wasn't working out(though I loosened up a bit on the frequency cos my face was starting to look all cheekbones cheesy )but cos my strict control over my diet was relaxed a bit but I can tell you that within two weeks(no junk just a slight increase in the quantity)of going back to my usual way I lost 1/2 inch in my waist and 1kg.

(1) (2) (3) ... (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.