Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,183 members, 7,818,585 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight - Health (122) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight (328179 Views)

Best Food Routine For Loosing Weight? / Guys You Need Abs, Just 30 Days Daily Exercise For A Start / Jogging Sit Ups Push Ups. . .whats Your Daily Exercise Routine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:45am On Apr 26, 2012
Thursday April 26th

Cathe HIIT workout 2 - 30 mins (was sweating buckets thru this one to the point that my hair style got ruined lol..worth it sha wink)

Sup house? Seems a tad quieter now, @HG how far? Guess with work resuming things are busy.
@ Ronky, ML, Agaba, Freshface, Modath ( know you're ok gal!), Uche and others trust you are all ok.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by CarlosDopipi: 1:54pm On Apr 26, 2012
mightlove:
really, what is this bootcamp going to be like. How do you people intend to go about it?

Hi, It is organised by a new Fitness Industry in Nigeria. The firm that is also trying to bring 'the Biggest Looser Nigeria' programme on HITV. IT is a 5 day a week cardio/strength training programme. Also a lot of advice would be given by Fitness and Health Experts from the UK. It's gonna be fun and its really affordable!!!

CARLOSFITNESS
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 6:42pm On Apr 26, 2012
CarlosDopipi:

Hi, It is organised by a new Fitness Industry in Nigeria. The firm that is also trying to bring 'the Biggest Looser Nigeria' programme on HITV. IT is a 5 day a week cardio/strength training programme. Also a lot of advice would be given by Fitness and Health Experts from the UK. It's gonna be fun and its really affordable!!!

CARLOSFITNESS
HITV is in receivership.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by modath(f): 7:14pm On Apr 26, 2012
@Barbie girl,
Thanks for the shoutout.I'm alright. cool
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 7:49pm On Apr 26, 2012
Hey guys, how are we all doing....my motivation for this week is low because of my job, have been short-staffed so am doing more than my regular routines, nevertheless, am still fighting the good fight.smiley

logs for tuesday 30 minutes cardio, it was not so great only because i felt i did not burn enough calories as i would have expected.

Yesterday....was too tired for any cardio, work was stressful for me so i resulted to doing 40 minutes yoga, i was stecthing and all those tight joints, loosened up.

Am hoping will have the strength to jump around today, will do somethings with the dumbells.... Hope to see you all tomorrow through my computer, love ya all!!!!!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by uche13: 12:54pm On Apr 27, 2012
Hello everyone smiley, trust we are all good. Thanks Babs for checking on us. Thank you Ronky for your suggestion, would defininetly try different work outs so as not to get bored.

@HG, I dey dance for you oh. Wow! I can just imagine the look on the face of your colleagues when you stepped in. And to think that what naturally occurs is that people tend to add weight after their vacation just goes to show how disciplined you are. Its not easy jare, neither is it something to gloss over. Abeg do plenty shakara jo grin.

Log for two days.

500 skips and 20 mins of JM six week pack level 1

Jm banish fat boost metabolism( I finally decided to do this workout based on Mightlove's recommendation on it in one of her posts and boy was i wrong! Its wasn't easy oh. My only issue with it is that it is too long. I love short intense work outs based on the fact that i usually get home late and work out at night so its easier to convince myself at 10:30pm to do a 20 minute workout. I sha loved it.

@Modath, i dey hail oh.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 9:56pm On Apr 27, 2012
Hello everyone,

@ Uche you are welcome, everly!!!

Hmmmm!!!! so logs for yesterday was great, i had fun and am sure burnt alot of calories, there was no dvd, no you tube exercise, it was just me with the dumbells and cardio, it was fun, i had a blast, did some muscle building, cardio exercises for 35 ,minutes and i finished it off with 500 skips for the very first time, God knows i was seeing stars at the end of the exercise.smiley smiley smiley but i felt good at the end of the exercise.

I wish everyone a lovely weekend.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 12:01am On Apr 28, 2012
@Uche: I'm with you on the short intense workouts, I tend to clock watch a bit on the longer workouts, although Tae bo ones are not too bad as Billy blanks really engages you. Oh girl you really try getting in from work that late yet still managing to workout...kudos to you :!

@ Ronky: great free styling there and well done on the skipping debut, excellent cardio smiley

Have a good weekend everyone.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:50am On Apr 29, 2012
Hi all, ave been AWOL for a while now. Not only here o even in my office and everywhere except in my friendz house. His brother got wedded yesterday and trust me I was deeply involved. I had to take permission from my HOD again on Tuesday to just permit me. I only went to the gym on Monday and carried my kits everywhere but I could not just get there again. Well am good o, I need to do what ave gat to do. So this week hoping will surely speak well. I can see everyone is really well except 123. Where you dey?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 11:47am On Apr 29, 2012
Hour_Glass: Hi all, ave been AWOL for a while now. Not only here o even in my office and everywhere except in my friendz house. His brother got wedded yesterday and trust me I was deeply involved. I had to take permission from my HOD again on Tuesday to just permit me. I only went to the gym on Monday and carried my kits everywhere but I could not just get there again. Well am good o, I need to do what ave gat to do. So this week hoping will surely speak well. I can see everyone is really well except 123. Where you dey?
Honey, I am fine and was with you yesterday evening, remember. I am sure you are asking this so that Modath will not suspect but I can explain to her wink
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 3:24pm On Apr 29, 2012
Pls i wanna ask that can just joggin 4 1hour a day reduce body fat? Or wat exactly can help i can't seem 2b gettin myself again, am getin fat at every sec even widout eatin. Oti su mi o.*sobbin quietly* pls help fellow nairalanders
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 4:02pm On Apr 29, 2012
grin
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by mightlove(f): 4:17pm On Apr 29, 2012
Burntcoal: Pls i wanna ask that can just joggin 4 1hour a day reduce body fat? Or wat exactly can help i can't seem 2b gettin myself again, am getin fat at every sec even widout eatin. Oti su mi o.*sobbin quietly* pls help fellow nairalanders

hey burntcoal, i remember you joined the forum sometime back and disappeared. if you really want to see results, consistence is very important. what have you been doing to yourself since that time?
and to answer your question, yes running 1hour every day will make you lose body fat. its an effective form of cardio but you need to combine it with healthy eating. you will also need to include strength training a few times a week to improve your muscle tone. if run 1hr daily for most days of the week, you will surely see results. it way take a little while before you or people start noticing the results but you will surely see results.
so please, stop crying and get active, the key to your weight/fat loss is in you hands.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 6:24pm On Apr 29, 2012
mightlove:

hey burntcoal, i remember you joined the forum sometime back and disappeared. if you really want to see results, consistence is very important. what have you been doing to yourself since that time?
and to answer your question, yes running 1hour every day will make you lose body fat. its an effective form of cardio but you need to combine it with healthy eating. you will also need to include strength training a few times a week to improve your muscle tone. if run 1hr daily for most days of the week, you will surely see results. it way take a little while before you or people start noticing the results but you will surely see results.
so please, stop crying and get active, the key to your weight/fat loss is in you hands.

ML you took those words from me, I had wanted ask if she was the same babe. Welcome back burntcoal, we hope you stay this time. We need to see changes in you too and be proud of you, take care of yourself and start running.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Echala: 8:51pm On Apr 29, 2012
Just passing through. I trust that everyone is doing alright
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 7:57am On Apr 30, 2012
Yeah its true i joined d forum bt i had some chalenges wit my academics 2months ago, i nearly spilled ova but God save me from dose wicked lecturers . I think i binged ate cos i was fed up& depresd, but now dat all is ova& we r due for nysc by nov i wanna get busy. Tink i'll start with runnin&skippin. Any more ideas? Thanks
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:24am On Apr 30, 2012
Monday April 30th

Cathe Friedrich Cardio Core Circuit - 51 mins

Good morning house and happy new week smiley!

@Burntcoal: If you don't mind working out indoors sometimes, there are lots of free workouts to be found on youtube or if you are able get hold of Jillian Micheals/ Tae bo or similar dvd's, they will also help add some variety to your workouts. Try to keep logging your efforts on here too. All the best.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:36pm On Apr 30, 2012
This week will surely be better and next month starting 2moro is surely to be full of goodness. I dragged myself back to the gym today, logging my week 4 day 2 and it was not bad at all. Topped it with 20 mins on the elliptical trainer and 40 sit ups in all, am good now and so much energy to face the week.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 7:06am On May 01, 2012
Jst finished a 1hour(6am-7am) joging! it feels gr8 u kno pple in my neighbourhood were jst stealin glances@ me, u gotta see me in my swags. I av dis burnin sensation in my body& al of my back is achin&thigs sha. Bt am gud. Tanks y'all
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 8:12am On May 01, 2012
Burntcoal: Jst finished a 1hour(6am-7am) joging! it feels gr8 u kno pple in my neighbourhood were jst stealin glances@ me, u gotta see me in my swags. I av dis burnin sensation in my body& al of my back is achin&thigs sha. Bt am gud. Tanks y'all

You go girl, you can do it.

@all, an expert (about.com) said "consistency = boring but I will still preach it because its the only thing that gives weight loss results".
Have a nice day ahead
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 10:39am On May 01, 2012
Tuesday 1st May

Cathe HIIT workout 3 - 30 mins

Hour_Glass:

@all, an expert (about.com) said "consistency = boring but I will still preach it because its the only thing that gives weight loss results".
Have a nice day ahead

^ preach it! cool
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 3:38pm On May 01, 2012
babs2011:

^ preach it! cool

I will my sista, that is why agaby loves me. He loves to be the preacherz wife, I mean hubby.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ronkebp(f): 4:06pm On May 01, 2012
Hello guys, how are you all doing?

No exercise for me for friday anmd staurday.

Sunday, walked round for 45 minutes, took the exercise outside.

Yesterday 40 minutes intense cardio, very great!!! love it when i sweat, smiley
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 7:48pm On May 01, 2012
Hour_Glass:

I will my sista, that is why agaby loves me. He loves to be the preacherz wife, I mean hubby.
preacher's wife? Since when did you develop the long thing? grin

Happy holiday to all of una.

Keep the fire burning. Newbies and all, do not lose focus.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Freshface: 11:04pm On May 01, 2012
Hi everyone, its been a while. Trust y'all r doing great. I dey o. I was outta town over d weekend n could not workout (or chose not to!) and I ate poorly too(just happy I did not gain weight sha!) I'm back now, having trouble picking up where I left off sad my household dynamics just changed and I have been depressed sort of. Hope I can get it together by 2moro. If u av any ideas on aw to stay motivated pls help a sister out. Gudnyt xoxo
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 2:39am On May 02, 2012
Freshface: Hi everyone, its been a while. Trust y'all r doing great. I dey o. I was outta town over d weekend n could not workout (or chose not to!) and I ate poorly too(just happy I did not gain weight sha!) I'm back now, having trouble picking up where I left off sad my household dynamics just changed and I have been depressed sort of. Hope I can get it together by 2moro. If u av any ideas on aw to stay motivated pls help a sister out. Gudnyt xoxo

I am not sure anyone including you likes to waste a good effort. You have achieved a lot. Losing focus now in this biz is an invitation to square one trust starting off a second time will be more difficult. No pain no gain. Remember that tube dressand the little black dress you may not be able to slip into again. This is a livestyle and slacking is not an option. Talking about depression, exercise releases the happiness hormone and it is a very good cure for depression. Now go at!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 7:14am On May 02, 2012
After my one hour jog yesterday morn, this morn wen i woke to do my jog all my body just started aching me. Infact there's not a place in my body thats not in pains now. I wanna do my part pls Wat can i do. Or should a take drugs to supress the pains?
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by babs2011(f): 9:22am On May 02, 2012
Wed 2nd May

Brisk walking/jogging intervals - 50 mins

@Burntcoal: you need to adequately stretch your body after such a long run. Also I guess your body is not used to such strain on it. Running for 1 hour on your first run might have been a bit much tbh. You need to build up the running gradually so as to avoid injury (there is a couch to 5k programme if you google it, good prog for building up your running gradually). Have a rest day today to recover and do lots of stretches. Paracetamol/panadol should help with the aches. Take care.

@FF: pls don't fall off the wagon at this obstacle. As Agaba said it's always difficult the second time round, trust me I've been there mate undecided..to get the motivation back you need to 'just do it'. There will always be excuses and all, but time will still pass and you would wish you had got back on earlier. I remember your motivation was your sons 1st birthday coming up, well you don't want all your hardwork to go unnoticed when you've been doing so well!
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by HourGlass3: 9:59am On May 02, 2012
@freshy, you've been a great source of motivation for me especially on the jump rope stuff, if you don't want to make me a total failure in jumping then you need to keep on keeping on.

I finished my week 4 yesterday and am so blessed. 4 more weeks to go now and I start week 5 tomorrow, should be done by the end of this week.

@burntcoal, just as babsy advised I think you started too sharply, its not always that easy. I think you are even luckier there is no injury, so now is the time to just chill, rest and then google C25K (Couch to 5K) on the internet, start gradually and you will become a pro. I am not new to working out but I need to run 5K and I started the program last month.
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by agabaI23(m): 10:08am On May 02, 2012
babs2011: Thursday April 26th

Cathe HIIT workout 2 - 30 mins (was sweating buckets thru this one to the point that my hair style got ruined lol..worth it sha wink)

Sup house? Seems a tad quieter now, @HG how far? Guess with work resuming things are busy.
@ Ronky, ML, Agaba, Freshface, Modath ( know you're ok gal!), Uche and others trust you are all ok.

Agaba idu is good. Thanks for asking babsy
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by ssultana(f): 11:49am On May 02, 2012
I like dis
Re: Daily Exercise And Food Routine For Those Who Want To Lose Weight by Burntcoal(f): 2:27pm On May 02, 2012
Hour_Glass: @freshy, you've been a great source of motivation for me especially on the jump rope stuff, if you don't want to make me a total failure in jumping then you need to keep on keeping on.

I finished my week 4 yesterday and am so blessed. 4 more weeks to go now and I start week 5 tomorrow, should be done by the end of this week.

@burntcoal, just as babsy advised I think you started too sharply, its not always that easy. I think you are even luckier there is no injury, so now is the time to just chill, rest and then google C25K (Couch to 5K) on the internet, start gradually and you will become a pro. I am not new to working out but I need to run 5K and I started the program last month.

oh hourglass u da bomb. I've joined the site now and i'm going startin now. So yesterday will be my week1DAy1 take care. Well no exercise for me today o. Just wanna rest because of the aches in my body. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) (124) (125) ... (230) (Reply)

Male Infertility!!! Share Your Experience/success Story. / Nigerian Herbs- Uses, Local Names And Pictures / RIP DJDOLA- We Will Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.