Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,984 members, 7,814,351 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:31 AM

If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss (8822 Views)

My Family Treats Her Bad And Now My Wife Wants To Leave Me / When Your Wife Is Taller Than You And You Need Support To Kiss Her (pic) / My Wife Wants To Buy The Following For The Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 29, 2015
I just don't like bossy women...not loyal,always right on their own,not God fearing,they ridicule everybody including husband and children. I'm a man and always be bold no time to tolerate nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by cococandy(f): 9:10am On Dec 29, 2015
agarawu23:
oga na small small e dey start jare, small time na the man go dey wash her pant cheesy

Free hand like?
Make oga say yes make she say no (continuously?)
if he washes her panties nko?
What's wrong with that?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 29, 2015
eyinjuege:
What does she do that makes her appear bossy?

The things she wants done that are not conveinent for you right now, what are they? When will they be convenient?

Life isn't that complicated, and oftentimes people disagree to agree.

Understand that your wife is an individual, who has her own thought process. You both don't have to think alike.

Have a round table discussion, listen to her reasons for wanting those things there and then, and listen objectively and be unbiased cos it seems you already feel its because she earns more.
Then tell her your own reasons why such can't happen yet. If its because of finances on your own part, and she says she'll drop money to do it, you shouldn't feel bad. Allow her, provided they are laudable things.

You are both supposed to help each other, so no big deal.

In this present economy, both man and wife have to put hands together to meet their basic daily needs else the man will just kaput or even run away when he gets overwhelmed.
Goodluck sha.

Very sensible

Most times men make things about them. It's very unlikely that whatever she is doing is against him, or to boss him around, she is simply trying to do what needs to be done or to improve things. Instead of him to truly sit down and discuss things reasonably and compromise, it becomes she wants things her way. I have this same problem with my 'husband'

8 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by agarawu23(m): 10:48am On Dec 29, 2015
cococandy:
What's wrong with that?
shocked shocked shocked

Please don't tell me you typed that shocked

1 Like

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Nobody: 10:51am On Dec 29, 2015
Burger01:
Oh I see. I better steer clear of her wahala cheesy
I am a peace loving person o, no wahala here

4 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Kk4(m): 11:03am On Dec 29, 2015
The husband should je je be the actor because after boss initial gra gra, actor go always win. Shikena
Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by lilmax(m): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2015
Miami11:
Whats wrong with a woman controlling the house.
My husband lets me run the house the way I want and he makes more.
grin grin I don't know why I find this funny

But it's the internet anyways grin

7 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by flokii: 11:22am On Dec 29, 2015
PastorAji:
Good morning and compliments of the season.

A friend of mine complained to me yesterday 'bout what he's passing thru and I was @ loss to give him advice.....
I noticed my wife lately that she wants to be bossy in the house. She always wants things to be done in her own way not minding whether it's convenient or not. I got really mad @ her yesterday night. Please what should I do?
P.S. I'm a salary earner while she's into business and what she earns in her business is 4-5 my salary every month

Cc. Lalasticlala

what tribe is ur friend and also that of his wife?

I have my answers already.. just want to confirm
Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Nobody: 11:32am On Dec 29, 2015
lilmax:
grin grin I don't know why I find this funny
But it's the internet anyways grin
internet where cat claim to be tiger grin grin grin

9 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Chidoks(f): 11:34am On Dec 29, 2015
doctoradekokolo:
You need to pray real hard for an increase, God answers prayers sir.
Detach yourself from your wife parmanently(not as if in malice).
Never allow her to replace your you by taking over your responsibillities(school fees, house rent, clothing of kids....)
Stay withrawn, smile often. Attend church services(with the kids).
Avoid arguements.
Please be determined to enjoy life.
The peace of God that surpasses human understanding shall not depart from your home.
Oga mi, won't this detachment kill the marriage? Stay withdrawn? No now. I can't imagine a marriage without friendship and laughter. The situation is already bad, that will just make them drift apart gradually...where will wifey be when he attends church services with the children?
Challenges must come up in marriages, the solution we settle with must be aimed at restoring the marriage to it's original state otherwise it's not a solution at all
Haven established that, I agree with you on not delegating primary responsibilities (i.e.school fees, house rent and feeding) problem is : the man didn't state his salary and size of his family.If he earns 20k per month with 5children,then the wife must come in in shouldering these basic needs.
He should pray alright but self evaluation is most needed. What's his attitude towards hustling.does he rely on his salary alone, or does he have some side business that he supplements with?
I say this because I once advised a dear friend to add something to his means of livelihood since he has the time and they often go on strike. He came up with excuses which includes money. I asked him to draw up a plan,lay it to heart and save towards it that provisions will come.He kept on complaining.I even suggested selling provisions since they often buy on credit and he struck it out.fast forward to 1still week of December,he called and during our discussion he mentioned how his wife didn't bathe their kids and ignored other chores till he came back from work and did them.I made excuses for her considering the fact that she was on maternity leave.but deep down I knew the cause.You can't bring back less Money and expect her to do more house chores(this doesn't apply to all women though)
All this couple need is a talk.either alone or with a marriage counselor.They need to bare their heart to each other and forge ahead. Nothing is seriously wrong yet.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Chidoks(f): 11:40am On Dec 29, 2015
Time for reporting,separation and'disciplining' never reach na.

JudgementHammer:
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

How are u even sure she doesn't hav anoda man outside by now. I would hav said u shd meet her parents concerning this but if she's their breadwinner they may not be disciplined enough to chastise her. But all her friends and family can't have same mentality. Even if telling them doesn't change anything, its still ok u tell dem so that when u take ur actions, it won't look foolish. Of course u knw u can't tell most of ur family ppl else u will double d wahala. And if u say u want to discipline her urself as a man, when ppl hear that she earns 4-5times more than u, they'll take her side wch is embarassing.

So my advice if u have children and u luv ur kids, let dem see/knw what's going on for a while if they can understand..this is very important especially 4 future sake. Then separate with her since seeing her disrespect u in ur home will hurt ur feelings but promise ur children to always be supportive to dem and keep d promise.

U will see after a long time when d kids are grown, she will then come back 2 her senses and say u shd take her back as if her senses evaporated into d air b4. But it might be too late sha.
Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Ngokafor(f): 11:42am On Dec 29, 2015
Miami11:

So you gave up witch hunting your sister in-law, now you are hunting me busy body
Girlfriend, the moment you get your own husband and house your family will be forever peaceful.

You are a certified witch for sure. If you can witch hunt me here. I wonder what you will do to that your sister in law. Mad woman

....Ouch!!! embarassed cry

4 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by PastorAji(m): 12:00pm On Dec 29, 2015
Chidoks:

Oga mi, won't this detachment kill the marriage? Stay withdrawn? No now. I can't imagine a marriage without friendship and laughter. The situation is already bad, that will just make them drift apart gradually...where will wifey be when he attends church services with the children?
Challenges must come up in marriages, the solution we settle with must be aimed at restoring the marriage to it's original state otherwise it's not a solution at all
Haven established that, I agree with you on not delegating primary responsibilities (i.e.school fees, house rent and feeding) problem is : the man didn't state his salary and size of his family.If he earns 20k per month with 5children,then the wife must come in in shouldering these basic needs.
He should pray alright but self evaluation is most needed. What's his attitude towards hustling.does he rely on his salary alone, or does he have some side business that he supplements with?
I say this because I once advised a dear friend to add something to his means of livelihood since he has the time and they often go on strike. He came up with excuses which includes money. I asked him to draw up a plan,lay it to heart and save towards it that provisions will come.He kept on complaining.I even suggested selling provisions since they often buy on credit and he struck it out.fast forward to 1still week of December,he called and during our discussion he mentioned how his wife didn't bathe their kids and ignored other chores till he came back from work and did them.I made excuses for her considering the fact that she was on maternity leave.but deep down I knew the cause.You can't bring back less Money and expect her to do more house chores(this doesn't apply to all women though)
All this couple need is a talk.either alone or with a marriage counselor.They need to bare their heart to each other and forge ahead. Nothing is seriously wrong yet.
he earns 36k
Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Chidoks(f): 12:16pm On Dec 29, 2015
PastorAji:
he earns 36k
That's something to work on
How many children?
Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by JudgementHammer: 1:11pm On Dec 29, 2015
Chidoks:
Time for reporting,separation and'disciplining' never reach na.

How u take know. He's a man not a woman. U know how long he don dey endure am b4 he voiced out?

Besides I no say make he separate immediately. I told him to go tell her sensible ppl 1st

If he no go report to her ppl or discipline her, wetin make he come dey do. Just sit and look? Or get provoked and beat her up?
Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by Chidoks(f): 3:03pm On Dec 29, 2015
JudgementHammer:

How u take know. He's a man not a woman. U know how long he don dey endure am b4 he voiced out?

Besides I no say make he separate immediately. I told him to go tell her sensible ppl 1st

If he no go report to her ppl or discipline her, wetin make he come dey do. Just sit and look? Or get provoked and beat her up?
The wife 'lately' started being bossy which means she wasn't like that from the onset.
The man earns 36k per month.I don't know the size of that family but let's assume they have 4 children, that makes them 6.plus one likely dependant(house maid)that brings it to 7. 7 mouths to feed,house and clothe. 5 children to pay school fees for. Remember the man has to save,send money to his mother or whoever.
There is this possibility that she didn't mind but as time goes by, the responsibilities become heavier(i.e.from primary to secondary school- higher school fees et.al) The burden may cause her change in behaviour.
In my opinion they should sit and talk.
Reporting her to any third party is not the best. It may make her spill the beans and they would both wash their dirty linen in public.
Another important factor is his attitude towards making and spending money because considering the cost of living these days,earning 36k is a big challenge

3 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by JudgementHammer: 4:08pm On Dec 29, 2015
Chidoks:

The wife 'lately' started being bossy which means she wasn't like that from the onset.
The man earns 36k per month.I don't know the size of that family but let's assume they have 4 children, that makes them 6.plus one likely dependant(house maid)that brings it to 7. 7 mouths to feed,house and clothe. 5 children to pay school fees for. Remember the man has to save,send money to his mother or whoever.
There is this possibility that she didn't mind but as time goes by, the responsibilities become heavier(i.e.from primary to secondary school- higher school fees et.al) The burden may cause her change in behaviour.
In my opinion they should sit and talk.
Reporting her to any third party is not the best. It may make her spill the beans and they would both wash their dirty linen in public.
Another important factor is his attitude towards making and spending money because considering the cost of living these days,earning 36k is a big challenge
Where in the orginal post did u see 36k

Sit and talk with someone who earns more than u. U fit use water quench petrol fire? When familiarity is already a problem on its own. She no go hear anything. Asking him to do it is just like calling cow uncle becus of d meat it has. I councelled him seeing beyond that. If u were a footballer na back u go dey dribble go? Only an outsider can make her see things properly not d broke husband she's familiar with. But just like I said in my previous post, he can do d talk at least to follow due protocol and fulfill righteousness so that he won't be blamed for acting foolishly later on since he can't find a better job.

Well oga op d ball is in ur court. All men have their tolerance span and limits. So keep tolerating d humiliation with a closed mouth at home and in public till u reach ur limit. Just make sure say by d time u reach ur limit, u never turn to wife and ur wife to husband or beta still, make d 3rd party a pastor u can trust.
Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by cococandy(f): 4:14pm On Dec 29, 2015
agarawu23:
shocked shocked shocked

Please don't tell me you typed that shocked
Yes I typed it.
What's wrong with a man washing his wife's panties?
I can wash my man's underwear. And if I was a man, I Can do same for my woman.

Y'all are weird. In a very strange way.

10 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by agarawu23(m): 4:18pm On Dec 29, 2015
cococandy:

Yes I typed it.
What's wrong with a man washing his wife's
panties?

OMG!!! shocked

Cococandy, I hail your husband cool

5 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by cococandy(f): 4:19pm On Dec 29, 2015
agarawu23:
OMG!!! shocked

Cococandy, I hail your husband cool
I hail your wife too.

5 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by agarawu23(m): 4:20pm On Dec 29, 2015
cococandy:

I hail your wife too.
I am not married. I am a single dad. angry
Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by 2mNaira: 7:01pm On Dec 29, 2015
cococandy:
What's wrong with that?

I find this ur qustion funny. A man washg his wife pants.In my own weird opinion, that is no longer a husband.That qualify for a house help.

4 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by 2mNaira: 7:12pm On Dec 29, 2015
cococandy:

Yes I typed it.
What's wrong with a man washing his wife's panties?

I laughed so hard!!! Because I am ever careful to never say what pple might construe as being an unsult, I will not say what I really think. But that fellow is certainly not weird.

3 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by cococandy(f): 7:27pm On Dec 29, 2015
mnairaland:

I find this ur qustion funny. A man washg his wife pants.In my own weird opinion, that is no longer a husband.That qualify for a house help.
But he can wash her cloths so What's the big deal if he includes the underwear?
Can someone genuinely tell me what's up with the discrimination between clothes and underwear.

agarawu23:
I am not married. I am a single dad. angry
Don't worry, when you marry you'll wash more than panties even.

5 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by babeabike: 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2015
PastorAji:
Good morning and compliments of the season.

A friend of mine complained to me yesterday 'bout what he's passing thru and I was @ loss to give him advice.....
I noticed my wife lately that she wants to be bossy in the house. She always wants things to be done in her own way not minding whether it's convenient or not. I got really mad @ her yesterday night. Please what should I do?
P.S. I'm a salary earner while she's into business and what she earns in her business is 4-5 my salary every month

Cc. Lalasticlala

Though I know money plays a lot of role in position assumption but often times its more about the personality than money.

Maybe your wife is a strong Choleric ,Cholerics like to be in charge regardless of their financial status.Financial status or contributions can also trigger their bossiness

I just feel you both need to sit,talk about it and draw her attention to your observations

1 Like

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by lilmax(m): 8:44pm On Dec 29, 2015
Oyind17:

of course grin

You dey mind am? lion online, domesticated animal offline grin

6 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by eyinjuege: 5:00am On Dec 30, 2015
mnairaland:

You will be surprised at how many men have ever washed their wives panties before in secret, but will swear publicly they can never do that.

2 Likes

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by SAMBARRY: 6:13am On Dec 30, 2015
JudgementHammer:
Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

How are u even sure she doesn't hav anoda man outside by now. I would hav said u shd meet her parents concerning this but if she's their breadwinner they may not be disciplined enough to chastise her. But all her friends and family can't have same mentality. Even if telling them doesn't change anything, its still ok u tell dem so that when u take ur actions, it won't look foolish. Of course u knw u can't tell most of ur family ppl else u will double d wahala. And if u say u want to discipline her urself as a man, when ppl hear that she earns 4-5times more than u, they'll take her side wch is embarassing.

So if u try those and e no work, my advice 4 u be say if u have children and u luv ur kids, let dem see/knw what's going on for a while if they can understand..this is very important especially 4 future sake. Then separate with her since seeing her disrespect u in ur home will hurt ur feelings but promise ur children to always be supportive to dem and keep d promise.

U will see after a long time when d kids are grown, she will then come back 2 her senses and say u shd take her back as if her senses evaporated into d air b4. But it might be too late sha.
grow up na undecided

Reporting your wife TO your kids or in-laws. Chaii.you're only opening doors of disrespect.where do you see talkative men that get respected. Meanwhile if it's a woman doing all this b.s you'll say she's immature and not ready for marriage. She talks too much She lacks self respect

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by SAMBARRY: 6:24am On Dec 30, 2015
agarawu23:
that's the problem with women tho some of them will come here and bite u but we can't be deceived ladies aren't the same.

THTRATEN HER, let her know she is gradually preparing to go back to her parents if you can't be the boss in the house. Even if she earns billion monthly, you are still the head and you have the final say in the house.

Though some husband are dull sha, they will tolerate nonsense until it get out of control
grin

You're writing letter to disgrace. Threaten a woman that earns 4x what you earn? grin

Why do you people's phenese shrink when she's relatively comfortable financially grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by SAMBARRY: 6:27am On Dec 30, 2015
Oyind17:

even Ben Bruce cc Mr head of the home

Re: If Your Wife Wants To Be Da Boss by agarawu23(m): 6:53am On Dec 30, 2015
SAMBARRY:
grin

You're writing letter to disgrace. Threaten a woman that earns 4x what you earn? grin

Why do you people's phenese shrink when she's relatively comfortable financially grin
she earns more than me doesn't mean I can't talk o, well, I don't know if she ready to marry her money cos I can't shitt from her angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Scared Of Remaining Single / Babies Are Attracted To Me. / Where Would You Go If You Had A Time Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.