Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry (67680 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Rexnegro(m): 11:42am On Jan 10, 2016
lilmax:
How do we build a church without money?
J witness don't give offering bro yet they have many branches everywhere, ask ursef how did they build their churches? They give a voluntary donation, out of it they still print their awake, watch tower And other books which they also give out for free tho they ask for Your donation which is not a must....

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 10, 2016
I fell a victim a couple of times to some hungry god of men in d past ...now i know better!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by matrix199(m): 11:42am On Jan 10, 2016
I know three big churches in this country, where the pastors are DG Stock exchange commission, not M.O.G. They do auctioning right inside the church while service is holding. I was invited to a programme in one of the churches, and my experience there made me realise those who wld make heaven are not necessarily inside the church, but in beer parlours, brothels, and night clubs. I'll open a thread for them one day once I get visual evidence.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Eronmosele(m): 11:45am On Jan 10, 2016
anselm791:

It's okay not to believe na, even the bible said we should choose who to serve. It is not by force mbok, all to his own.
Dear Anslem, don't bother replying people like that. Even if God chooses to reveal Himself specially to some of this kind, they will still not believe. They are a frustrated lot. Notice the vulgar talk. Flagrant disregard for God. Most of these type started out on a totally wrong foundation, some traveled as far as holding fellowship EXCO and pastoral positions without truly having that encounter with Jesus. All the while living a lie, living in deliberate willful sin. They were never truly born again, never regenerated. They belong to the category of people who if present in Jesuss' day would have accused him of healing with the aid of demons. Don't waste your time next time, only God can show him/her mercy.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 11:46am On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
Dont judge so you wont be judged. Leave it fnr God to handle

I hate it when people make d comment u just made. Let's call a spade a spade

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Eddufy(m): 11:49am On Jan 10, 2016
Incorruptible:
I can challenge You op that u dint attend any church.
Al these were coined out from what u have heard in order to defame Christianity.
Shut the Bleep up. Will someone see something and say something else. What will the Op gain?
All this things are happening in Nigeria. Pastors using congregations money to build houses, buy cars and private jets etc and the members don't have assets on their own.
#ShineYourEyes2016BcosPastors

#AreCollectingTheMoneyBack2Back.

#RestMyCase

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by EZEIGBO1OFIMO: 11:50am On Jan 10, 2016
matrix199:
I know three big churches in this country, where the pastors are DG Stock exchange commissioners, not M.O.G. They do auctioning right inside the church while service is holding. I was invited for a programme in one of the churches, and my experience there made me realise those who wld make heaven are not necessarily inside the church, but in beer parlours, brothels, and night clubs. I'll open a thread for them one day once I get visual evidence.

come on... share your story

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by ttmacoy: 11:52am On Jan 10, 2016
Oh please stop playing that card.

Being a pastor doesn't mean you should not be held accountable. Nigerian pastors have used do not judge and touch not my annointed to keep Nigerians in bondage making it a taboo to ask questions.

Just keep quiet and do what pastor says, no need for common sense.

Yet with all our supposed holiness and tons of churches with constant prayer, what has been the impact on Nigeria? Please tell me.

Daughterzion:

5 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by onyebuchiii(m): 11:54am On Jan 10, 2016
you said my mind....some ppl are just so blind to see
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 10, 2016
Nothing plants the seeds of faith in religion, crime and gullibility than being poor, idle and uneducated. It is almost a law of nature. It will be a long time yet in Nigeria before thieving pastors and susceptible congregations fade from existence. Unfortunately.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by MicKaro: 11:56am On Jan 10, 2016
I've always said it b4,Nigerians prefer givin money to church than investin,tomorrow they will lament that govt is not workin.How can someone who hasn't paid rent,don't have enough food,don't have kids school fees donate 50,000 naira to a church,if he uses that money to invest,his dividend will be bigger than the so called reward from a non existent God.BTW its not a black problem,if you doubt me go to central America and see scammers or pastoral thieves scamming people.In all,the root cause is POVERTY and POVERTY

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by alexanorah: 11:57am On Jan 10, 2016
IamDarlington:
I smell lies!

Or sorry exaggeration!

But nonetheless these things happen.

But the best we can do is wail and lament on nairaland.

As a Christian you should know that no man can fight 4 God. God himself will reward them accordingly!

If no man can fight for god, why fighting the devil? Why preaching for god? Is it not fighting to win souls for him?

My friend shaarap!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by oluamid(m): 12:01pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:

This post is an important example of why some Pastors will continue to live fat on their church members' sweat.

Some pastors are the best marketers there is. They play on gullible people's emotion and turn them to some sort of zombie atm.

'Sowing of seeds'. If God is so rich and can give me in abundance, why do I need to give him money first? What's the difference between this and yahoo yahoo?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by FlyboyZee: 12:03pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
Whether you like it or not, we will all be judged on the judgment day...

Make you dey there dey deceive yourself, if you like judge. If you like, no judge, we all, yes , all, including you will be judged...

Una no go even read Bible small sef, Una go just dey run una mouth anyhow...

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by TaiKuun(m): 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
Addicted2Women:
[size=16pt]Religion is fake.

Church is fake.

Jesus Christ is fake.

Mohammed is fake.

Hell is fake.

Heaven is fake.

When was Jesus Christ born ??
Was there any camera during his existence ??

How do you come up with the picture of an insane man dressed in White and red robe, who was born 6 million years ago when there was no camera and tell me this is Jesus Christ.

Fucck out of here with that bullshit[/size]
another slowpoke has been spotted on nairaland! Well, because Christianity is fake doesn't mean Islam is fake. All these things you listed are quite in contrast with Islam. Have u seen a pic of Muhammad (S. A. W)? No! Do Muslims draw pictures of jesus? No!

So why are u generalizing your own stupidity?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Obeenah(m): 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:

Yes don't judge but still the bible request that we test all spirits and search the scriptures and not take everything hook line and sinker as propagated by modern day men of God.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:
The OP's observation is a pathetic one. This can only happen among black people. But he still made a remark I feel he should correct. He asked if they don't read their bible or chose to be gullible. Is it not the same bible that started the whole shit of a benevolent vengeful god? A god who choses whom to bless. A god who choses who will die in an accident and who will survive. A god who made an adulterer and murderer like David a man after his heart. A god the Israelites claim gives them permission to commit genocide. That's what the pastors and terrorists are harping on. Don't blame them. Someone in the person of Moses started the lies. When we throw away religion, we'll begin to reap the fruits of this universe made by the Almighty God.

ONLY THE FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART THAT THERE'S NO GOD.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:08pm On Jan 10, 2016
Freciprocal:

when u saw this happening... what did u do?
What should I have done?
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by fireforfire: 12:12pm On Jan 10, 2016
lilmax:
u must b a pastor

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by tevinsolt: 12:15pm On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:
The OP's observation is a pathetic one. This can only happen among black people. But he still made a remark I feel he should correct. He asked if they don't read their bible or chose to be gullible. Is it not the same bible that started the whole shit of a benevolent vengeful god? A god who choses whom to bless. A god who choses who will die in an accident and who will survive. A god who made an adulterer and murderer like David a man after his heart. A god the Israelites claim gives them permission to commit genocide. That's what the pastors and terrorists are harping on. Don't blame them. Someone in the person of Moses started the lies. When we throw away religion, we'll begin to reap the fruits of this universe made by the Almighty God.

while you think those people are gullible, you are pretty much the same but on the other spectrum. God doesn't choose when you die in most cases, thinking you're invincible and going over the speed limit and dying in a crash is your own damn fault, or nature just following it's course like it is meant to, or just pure bad luck.

Yes God is a benevolent, a understanding, loving God and he is also a consuming fire. His universe, his rules if you can't play by his rules he won't force you into heaven, meaning you get what you've been asking for all along an eternity separate from God. Yes, David was a murder and an adulterer, but he repented, you my friend, while you might not have killed, you aren't so much better off.

and it's interesting to you think the universe is created by a God, I wonder what God it is?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by vivypretty(f): 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:
All the people u said were after God's own heart do u know what made them unique
they always know when they v wronged him and how to go to him and even when they are forgiven they never go unpunished.
Is a shame that people interpret the bible these days to suit their selfish purpose

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Lumiere91: 12:17pm On Jan 10, 2016
People don't want to obey God's command thats why they prefer prophets telling them what they wanna hear
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by oglalasioux(m): 12:19pm On Jan 10, 2016
tevinsolt:

while you think those people are gullible, you are pretty much the same but on other spectrum. God doesn't choose when you die in most cases, thinking you're invincible and going over the speed limit and dying in a crash is your own damn fault, or nature just following it's course like it is meant to, or just pure unluckiness.

Yes God is a benevolent, a understanding, loving God and he is also a consuming fire. His universe, his rules if you can't play by his rules he won't force you into heaven, meaning you get what you've been asking for all along an eternity separate from God. Yes, David was a murder and adulterer, he repented, you my friend, while you might not have killed, you aren't so much better off.

and it's interesting to you think the universe is created by a God, I wonder what God it is?

Good response. I'll answer the question in your last paragraph. It's definitely not the god of the bible and Koran.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Bianda24: 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
Truly the way our pastors behaves especially when it comes to the issue of money is unbecoming. They have deceived their members to a point where many of them have become poor. This is disgraceful and disheartening, some of these pastors keep on prophesying and these prophesies are stalemate. They render the gullible ones inactive financially. In as much as it is good to give in the house of God, such giving shouldn't be under stress but on one's volition

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by oluamid(m): 12:21pm On Jan 10, 2016
Something tells me heaven is going to be like a grand Walking Dead where the 'saints' will just be walking around aimlessly and instead of the 'ooh aahs' we'll have 'hosanna hosanna'.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by oglalasioux(m): 12:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
britzz:

ONLY THE FOOL SAYS IN HIS HEART THAT THERE'S NO GOD.

I didn't say there is no God. Please read my post again. But if it's God as portrayed by the bible and Koran count me out. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
some of them are just running business enterprises..but who are we to judge?
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by oglalasioux(m): 12:25pm On Jan 10, 2016
Kennitrust:
at least , u believed there's an Almighty God!

I believe in an Almighty God. A God of everything. Not God as portrayed by the bible and Koran.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nice write up brother,the fraudulent activities done in this church reminds me of a Church in Warri by the name Answers Assembly behind Oasis .
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by knightsTempler: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
Islam gave us malevolent and overly hypocritical "religious leaders'' and irresponsible enthusiasts who employ religion as a tool of suppression, oppression, retrogression and mayhem.

Christianity gave us a multitude of gullible fanatics who'd rather leave EVERYTHING to God instead of using their common sense.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by edupedia: 12:28pm On Jan 10, 2016
lilmax:
...what about miracle?..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service / ''Wicked Village Wait For Me, I'm Coming'' (Photo) / Waking Up From Sleep With Thin Blade Marks On My Body.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.