Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,564 members, 7,816,379 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry (67686 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by lomprico(m): 1:43pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
Dont judge so you wont be judged. Leave it fnr God to handle
Park well! Its how u are deceived. That's y this country is in such a very bad state. If you see what is bad condemn it!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
a sycophant and a mumu spotted....thats wat de use to make u gullible
receive sense ijn

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
plaetton:

Shut up.
We should Also mind our business when we see you being robbed or raped. After all, it's god that judges.
EPIC....BROS ABEG SEND ME UR PHONE NO I NEED TO SEND U AN AIRTIME..
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by JUBILEE2000: 1:50pm On Jan 10, 2016
Eronmosele:

Not all churches are like that. You should find a good one close to you and fellowship with other believers so that you can be strengthened and also strengthen others. I had a similar challenge when I was working in Lagos. I eventually stopped going to church and was doing my Bible study at home. But when I got to Abuja I made sure to look for an assembly without all this deceit and I found one. There is really no perfect assembly but at least one without these financial heresies but with sound doctrine will do just fine. God will help you please don't be discouraged.

pls what's d name of the church? Am in Abuja also n will be interested in knowing such a church
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 10, 2016
sholay2011:
This mentality is one of the problems of Nigerians.
EXACTLY
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Pennyways: 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
this is one of the patients of the very sickness the op is talking about

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Godmother(f): 1:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
I was at a Church today and I almost wept for the black race. Is it that people don't read their Bibles or they just choose to be gullible and stupid?

The Pastor or Prophet as he claimed he was always said that he isn't a beggar and he doesn't need anybody's money, but his actions were quite different. He acted like a beggar to me.

He was even so bold to request for so much money from his members and they saw nothing wrong at all. Okay, let me list all the money he collected so you can see for yourselves.

1) Who wants to give God the biggest note he/ she has in his/ her pocket?

2) Brown envelope.

3) White envelope.

4) Offering

5) Who wants to give money to the visiting Prophet? Tell the prophet thank you, Sow a seed now.

6) If you have 5000, 10,000 or any big amount of money you want to give to God.

Women came out mostly and I must say the church made almost N200, 000 or even more in just a day and this happens every Tuesday and other days they fellowship.

Things I noticed about the church...

1) The Pastor is an owner of a big car, while the members were mostly poor women and few men.

2) The Pastors dressed far better than the members. In fact, the members looked like people with lots of financial problems.

3) The only things the members get from these Pastors are prayers and a promise that God will reward them in 2016. I remember that I went to this same church some years back and the members still looked the same with no much of a change.

When will Nigerians get back to their senses to realize that these Pastors are using their beliefs, emotions and gullibility to steal all the money they have?

Only when we begin to think and come to a reasonable conclusion that God doesn't need money, but humans do, that is when we will begin to think right.

I wish I could take a video of what went on.

Please, let's desist from judging men of God. There's a grave punishment that comes with that. Let's leave them to God to judge and chastise. You just do your part. The Bible says 'give' which is all you should be concerned with. What happens to the money should not concern you. Just do your part and let the blessing that goes with giving locate you.

Another thing, that a pastor dresses better doesnt mean they use church members' money. Some of these pastors work or run businesses by the side. I dont know why we Nigerians seem to have this mentality that a pastor or man of God must look wretched to know genuineness. May God deliver us from this poverty mentality. And no, Im not related to any man of God, neither am I married to one.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by pkween(f): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
Bros/Sis you can say that again.The one i experienced today was in another dimension.The senior pastor just bought a Toyota Cor.2011 Model with full option,the car was to be dedicated by a junior pastor ,the junior pastor told the congregation of almost no car to sow at least 86.50naira to buy fuel for the senior pastor's new car so that they can tap into God's blessing of getting a new cars in 2016.In another development,the senior pastor's wife had earlier informed the small congregation that the chief pastor's had been bereaved of his step father and the church should assist the pastor,lo and behold,this same congregation agreed to give about 120k for a cow,where i was d only one that pledged the least amount of 2k so i will not seen as a bad person. ....Note,in this church we have people that can't even go to secondary school because they can not pay their fees. Do not forsake the gathering/assembly of the children of God.How do we know them when we can see their hearts! Please lets go back to the former calling of soul winning not money winning and strange competitions. I will rather stick to a church where the pastor is kin on winning souls and cares about the sheep not his belly. Where can we still find such men of God? When Christ come will he still find his own? This matter tire me ooooooooo

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by idrezee(m): 1:57pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
Look am not saying the pastor is right....i meant we should just mind our business....the case is for God. All we can do is to wisen up so that these fake pastors wont exploit us
Talking about minding ones business, Why did u comment, Why not just mind ur business, you even called them "fake pastors" and that ain't judgement yet.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by omeke12(m): 2:06pm On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:
The OP's observation is a pathetic one. This can only happen among black people. But he still made a remark I feel he should correct. He asked if they don't read their bible or chose to be gullible. Is it not the same bible that started the whole shit of a benevolent vengeful god? A god who choses whom to bless. A god who choses who will die in an accident and who will survive. A god who made an adulterer and murderer like David a man after his heart. A god the Israelites claim gives them permission to commit genocide. That's what the pastors and terrorists are harping on. Don't blame them. Someone in the person of Moses started the lies. When we throw away religion, we'll begin to reap the fruits of this universe made by the Almighty God.

am a christian bro but... am with u on this..
I will not act like some Muslim brothers that chooses to b irrational when matter about their religion cones up

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by vislabraye(m): 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
I was at a Church today and I almost wept for the black race. Is it that people don't read their Bibles or they just choose to be gullible and stupid?

The Pastor or Prophet as he claimed he was always said that he isn't a beggar and he doesn't need anybody's money, but his actions were quite different. He acted like a beggar to me.

He was even so bold to request for so much money from his members and they saw nothing wrong at all. Okay, let me list all the money he collected so you can see for yourselves.

1) Who wants to give God the biggest note he/ she has in his/ her pocket?

2) Brown envelope.

3) White envelope.

4) Offering

5) Who wants to give money to the visiting Prophet? Tell the prophet thank you, Sow a seed now.

6) If you have 5000, 10,000 or any big amount of money you want to give to God.

Women came out mostly and I must say the church made almost N200, 000 or even more in just a day and this happens every Tuesday and other days they fellowship.

Things I noticed about the church...

1) The Pastor is an owner of a big car, while the members were mostly poor women and few men.

2) The Pastors dressed far better than the members. In fact, the members looked like people with lots of financial problems.

3) The only things the members get from these Pastors are prayers and a promise that God will reward them in 2016. I remember that I went to this same church some years back and the members still looked the same with no much of a change.

When will Nigerians get back to their senses to realize that these Pastors are using their beliefs, emotions and gullibility to steal all the money they have?

Only when we begin to think and come to a reasonable conclusion that God doesn't need money, but humans do, that is when we will begin to think right.

I wish I could take a video of what went on.

What's the name of the church or its location tongue .
But most small churches do this very often. I can't imagine a very large church spending minutes harassing members. Pastors should tone down a bit.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by vivypretty(f): 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:

Is Shekau and co also included? Remember that they too are doing the work of God.

Is it not your churches that misinterpret the bible to suit their tithes and offering purposes? If you think I'm the one misinterpreting the bible ask yourself why there are hundreds of churches around. Is bible interpretation not the key reason for their division?
am talking about bible which the christians use and i dont think shekau and co are christiagns even those that say they are christians by words and not by action are decieving themselves
even God said many will come in my name ....
Alot of people are opening churches here n there because is one of the easiest ways of making money most people fall prey because they are not looking for God to serve but fast miracle

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by oglalasioux(m): 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:

When? We've been waiting too long for the handling of that fruit Adam and Eve ate. When will the duping of gullible people by churches be handled?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by asids55: 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2016
Generalk007:
Eberybody wnt to b in redeem camp dnt forget some pple doneted money to turn dt place to mega city .money is d major key for chrch to grow

redeems entire offering in 6 months will turn the entire lagos state to a mega city..so abegi leave trash talk for lawma

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by nkem1992: 2:23pm On Jan 10, 2016
Don't comment if u can't descern
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Eronmosele(m): 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2016
JUBILEE2000:

pls what's d name of the church? Am in Abuja also n will be interested in knowing such a church
I feel you Jubilee2000. But you know this is hardly the forum to discuss these issues. This church collects only one offering on most Sundays and does not collect offerings during week days programmes. Since I started attending this church in 2011, they have NEVER preached about money or tithes or all that. The only Sundays in a year I remember them calling for an extra offering was to support clearly identified church MISSIONARIES and pastors family support, once a year! It's not a 'perfect' assembly, if there is any such thing, they don't spend money on glamor: state of the art air conditioning or all that. It's a church older than most churches in Nigeria, it's a church you would find in Sambisa and on the dreaded Hills of Taraba where you still find people walking about naked.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Dondav(m): 2:26pm On Jan 10, 2016
It still baffles me how some people who can't afford 2 meals/day offer almost everything they've got to pastors in the name of a better tomorrow and faith.
The worst part is that they rebuke me and criticize my opinions and yet ask me to lend them money for food later.... lol!!! grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by vislabraye(m): 2:27pm On Jan 10, 2016
pkween:
Bros/Sis you can say that again.The one i experienced today was in another dimension.The senior pastor just bought a Toyota Cor.2011 Model with full option,the car was to be dedicated by a junior pastor ,the junior pastor told the congregation of almost no car to sow at least 86.50naira to buy fuel for the senior pastor's new car so that they can tap into God's blessing of getting a new cars in 2016.In another development,the senior pastor's wife had earlier informed the small congregation that the chief pastor's had been bereaved of his step father and the church should assist the pastor,lo and behold,this same congregation agreed to give about 120k for a cow,where i was d only one that pledged the least amount of 2k so i will not seen as a bad person. ....Note,in this church we have people that can't even go to secondary school because they can not pay their fees. Do not forsake the gathering/assembly of the children of God.How do we know them when we can see their hearts! Please lets go back to the former calling of soul winning not money winning and strange competitions. I will rather stick to a church where the pastor is kin on winning souls and cares about the sheep not his belly. Where can we still find such men of God? When Christ come will he still find his own? This matter tire me ooooooooo

This taxing is usually common amongst small congregation. I understand that the church has needs to be met but tge way this people go about it is discouraging sad .
A small church of 100 members want to be Winners Chapel overnight . It doesn't happen like that.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Husseink: 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
vislabraye:

This taxing is usually common amongst small congregation. I understand that the church has needs to be met but tge way this people go about it is discouraging sad .
A small church of 100 members want to be Winners Chapel overnight . It doesn't happen like that.
Addicted2Women:
[size=16pt]Religion is fake.

Church is fake.

Jesus Christ is fake.

Mohammed is fake.

Hell is fake.

Heaven is fake.

When was Jesus Christ born ??
Was there any camera during his existence ??

How do you come up with the picture of an insane man dressed in White and red robe, who was born 6 million years ago when there was no camera and tell me this is Jesus Christ.

Fucck out of here with that bullshit[/size]
I will advice you to find out with an open mind about The Holy prophet Muhammad and Islam as a religion. Thank God nobody has claimed to have his picture.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by tosinjay(m): 2:30pm On Jan 10, 2016
The Bible says, ye shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free, please don't generalize all churches. Because there are good ones out there. Growing up from a deeper life background i was brought up with the mindset where we don't even let the person next to us know the offering we're giving as hands are always very fixed.
Mind you i presently do not worship at deeperlife as my home church presently.

There are so many errors in today's churches that are damning and the Bible never said "judge not" as they quote it to be but we must judge righteously.

What is money needed for according to the Bible?
It's so there would be surplus in the house of God. Which actually means the poor are fed and taken care of, the widows are catered for, the lost are reached and nurtured to find life after our sojourn in this world, and there is agape love where we are all one even if you're a senetor.

My dad wasn't a serious Christian when growing up but my mum was and she was the one trying to get him along ok, he was so surprised getting to the camp and seeing men that could have esteemed themselves doing God's work by carrying things on their head with other poor people, as i was told these men were lawyers etc with their coats working for God and he was a press photographer like a journalist who knew probably some of them.

God do not bless you by you bribing him with money. He needs your service which starts with your own self. As someone asked me, "so it's wrong to kill animals and sacrifice etc" and i said it's wrong and evil as Christ paid it all at calvary which is the ultimate sacrifice once and for all, and then he said "what are we then supposed to do to appreciate God?" And i answered we must give ourselves as living sacrifice to Him as He gave himself for us. Search the Scripture as in it you think you have eternal life.

Seeing people say then how are they gonna build churches? ok this is it ooo... so many church are already built and these same churches are where harmed robbers worship, prostitutes worship and hired killers also worship, have these churches changed the hearts of these? No! So God's work doesn't need our carnal means to grow. Those churches are just what Christ called the den of thieves.

Am not quoting Scriptures here as typing this alone na work. But if need be I'll, like a brother said above. All God needs is those who will worship Him in truth and in spirit, seek Him first. Keep His word in their heart so they do not sin against Him because He's a righteous judge and will soon judge the world. When these men are supposed to be seeking God's lost sheeps they're enriching themselves with their NEW AGE theology.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by MathsChic(f): 2:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
This is really silly.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Dondav(m): 2:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
There you go.....

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by mysticwarrior(m): 2:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
I had a similar experience in a church i attended, i was invited to a church in warri, and was first stunned by what the pastor(a female) was putting on, so provocative, she went on to ask her members for, 1 offering, 2 seedfaith, 3 tight, 4 churchbuilding offering, 5 orphanage offering, and thanksgiving offering. These came after she has asked members to drop 50000naira on her altar claiming it was a devine ministrations. After all these she then asked the church members to pray to God to give her a husband.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
Most Nigerians are completely gullible...I wonder how long it will take them to realize that pastors are only after collecting from members...that we don't need to carry placards and cutlass to fight for politicians only to get killed or maimed...that we must stand for our right in Nigeria and not be deceived anymore...Nigerians need to wake up and stop these rubbish!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
You are either a daughter or wife to one of them. But you all need to repent before it is too late.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by mysticwarrior(m): 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
People now use the church to do business

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
Godmother:

Please, let's desist from judging men of God. There's a grave punishment that comes with that. Let's leave them to God to judge and chastise. You just do your part. The Bible says 'give' which is all you should be concerned with. What happens to the money should not concern you. Just do your part and let the blessing that goes with giving locate you.

Another thing, that a pastor dresses better doesnt mean they use church members' money. Some of these pastors work or run businesses by the side. I dont know why we Nigerians seem to have this mentality that a pastor or man of God must look wretched to know genuineness. May God deliver us from this poverty mentality. And no, Im not related to any man of God, neither am I married to one.

You should be ashamed of yourself with the utter crap you wrote. You need brain cleansing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
This is the reason why I said people are so gullible. You can stand there and watch your people perish for lack of knowledge, but I won't do the same. This same Bible also says, Judge but, judge righteous judgement. These pastors only quote "Thou Shall Not Judge" to keep you gullible.

You better wake up and stop telling people that 'Thou Shall Not Judge' crap.
@op, i av bookmarked a lot of posts like urs on my phone 4rm ds #land. 1 day, i'll combined all 2geda 4 d betament of d vast gullible simple nigerians, esp women.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by tosinjay(m): 2:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
FrancisDiote:
Most Nigerians are completely gullible...I wonder how long it will take them to realize that pastors are only after collecting from members...that we don't need to carry placards and cutlass to fight for politicians only to get killed or maimed...that we must stand for our right in Nigeria and not be deceived anymore...Nigerians need to wake up and stop these rubbish!

Not all pastors are after that please. Not all, but because there are hardly genuine ones so they all now carry that bad name but God will esteem those that are His own at last. The purpose of the church is to get souls saved for heaven's purpose and in the process of doing that the pastors see to the member's well being not necessarily with money but care like really concerned about their lives and not just telling them blessings this, deliverance that and miracle this in church. Visit them as Christ said. He even washed the feet of His disciples saying to them that He who will be great among you would be your servants.

Matthew 23:11-12
11 But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
12 And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jan 10, 2016
IamDarlington:
I smell lies!

Or sorry exaggeration!

But nonetheless these things happen.

But the best we can do is wail and lament on nairaland.

As a Christian you should know that no man can fight 4 God. God himself will reward them accordingly!
are you sure u read what you wrote?

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Samanza89: 3:10pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:

Is this the only Bible verse people do read in order to cover Evil? And u also 4get a Bible verse that says that "if u know what is good and u don't do it, just refusing to do it alone is a sin". You see some1 committing evil and exploiting others and u call that judgement? To me its not, rather is countering what is wrong.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by georgylee: 3:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
Most Churches are nothing but commercial enterprise ventures... Pity, black men and women are stupidly ignorant.... Sorry for being rude....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service / ''Wicked Village Wait For Me, I'm Coming'' (Photo) / Waking Up From Sleep With Thin Blade Marks On My Body.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.