Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,525 members, 7,816,281 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry (67684 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Lady Who Followed Her Friend To A 'Church Event' In Lagos In Unstable Condition / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by tevinsolt: 12:29pm On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:

Good response. I'll answer the question in your last paragraph. It's definitely not the god of the bible and Koran.

sure thing, share, willing to learn. you're not a deist are you
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by mrDennis(m): 12:32pm On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:

Thanks so much. You asked if I believed in charms and babalowos and if I do I should believe in God.

If you go back to my post you should know that what I don't believe in is that God as portrayed by religious books cannot be the God that created the universe.

God as portrayed by religious books is a partial vengeful god who choses who will live and who will die. Who will be poor and who will be rich. A god that will command Samuel and king Saul to kill everyone in Amalek including babies.

As for shrines and deities, they are indeed powerful. But ask yourself; why did they allow the white man conquer Africa? Why are some of the things with these shrines and deities archaic such as killing twins?

You know what? Gods, shrines, deities, prophets, miracles etc are nothing but the forces of the universe in action. Gravity, electromagnetic waves and the nuclear forces. That's why the African deities are still active but cannot stop the white man because the white man knows the workings of these forces more than the African.

There is power behind the universe. We don't know if it's in human form or energies. But God as portrayed by the religions is pathetic.

hmm I 100% understand your Point.. but you still failed to answer me.
you see these electromagnetic forces etc u mentioned are all controlled by something( a god or God). BEFORE you doubt whether any god or God created the univese you should remember even we humans create things just to destroy them, raise animals with care just so we can devour/eat them.

I'm not here to tell you what to believe in , but as far as u human u must believe in something .
I just choose to believe in the bible.. cos it serves as my moral compass and connect to the most high.
how God deals with my enemies isn't my concern.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by success10(m): 12:33pm On Jan 10, 2016
matrix199:
I know three big churches in this country, where the pastors are DG Stock exchange commissioners, not M.O.G. They do auctioning right inside the church while service is holding. I was invited for a programme in one of the churches, and my experience there made me realise those who wld make heaven are not necessarily inside the church, but in beer parlours, brothels, and night clubs. I'll open a thread for them one day once I get visual evidence.

PLS BRO.. DON'T FORGET TO MENTION MY USERNAME IN THE THREAD...

PATIENTLY WAITING..
THANKS.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
Religion has taken another dimension in our society. And i wonder why people have subjected themselves to guillibility.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
Nice write up brother,the fraudulent activities done in this church reminds me of a Church in Warri by the name Answers Assembly behind Oasis hotel

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by FAVOUR13: 12:36pm On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
I was at a Church today and I almost wept for the black race. Is it that people don't read their Bibles or they just choose to be gullible and stupid?

The Pastor or Prophet as he claimed he was always said that he isn't a beggar and he doesn't need anybody's money, but his actions were quite different. He acted like a beggar to me.

He was even so bold to request for so much money from his members and they saw nothing wrong at all. Okay, let me list all the money he collected so you can see for yourselves.

1) Who wants to give God the biggest note he/ she has in his/ her pocket?

2) Brown envelope.

3) White envelope.

4) Offering

5) Who wants to give money to the visiting Prophet? Tell the prophet thank you, Sow a seed now.

6) If you have 5000, 10,000 or any big amount of money you want to give to God.

Women came out mostly and I must say the church made almost N200, 000 or even more in just a day and this happens every Tuesday and other days they fellowship.

Things I noticed about the church...

1) The Pastor is an owner of a big car, while the members were mostly poor women and few men.

2) The Pastors dressed far better than the members. In fact, the members looked like people with lots of financial problems.

3) The only things the members get from these Pastors are prayers and a promise that God will reward them in 2016. I remember that I went to this same church some years back and the members still looked the same with no much of a change.

When will Nigerians get back to their senses to realize that these Pastors are using their beliefs, emotions and gullibility to steal all the money they have?

Only when we begin to think and come to a reasonable conclusion that God doesn't need money, but humans do, that is when we will begin to think right.

I wish I could take a video of what went on.

MR OP, PLEASE LEAVE THAT FOR GOD TO JUDGE, AND CONCENTRATE ON AMENDING YOUR WAYS WITH HIM. IF YOU CAN DO I SERIOUS CHECK ON YOUR LIFE, YOU MAY BE SURPRISE THAT YOU'RE DOING WORST THAN THAT. THANK YOU

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Elliotmarvelous: 12:38pm On Jan 10, 2016
Addicted2Women:
[size=16pt]Religion is fake.

Church is fake.

Jesus Christ is fake.

Mohammed is fake.

Hell is fake.

Heaven is fake.

When was Jesus Christ born ??
Was there any camera during his existence ??

How do you come up with the picture of an insane man dressed in White and red robe, who was born 6 million years ago when there was no camera and tell me this is Jesus Christ.

Fucck out of here with that bullshit[/size]

may u not die in ur sin in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by oglalasioux(m): 12:39pm On Jan 10, 2016
vivypretty:

All the people u said were after God's own heart do u know what made them unique
they always know when they v wronged him and how to go to him and even when they are forgiven they never go unpunished.
Is a shame that people interpret the bible these days to suit their selfish purpose

Is Shekau and co also included? Remember that they too are doing the work of God.

Is it not your churches that misinterpret the bible to suit their tithes and offering purposes? If you think I'm the one misinterpreting the bible ask yourself why there are hundreds of churches around. Is bible interpretation not the key reason for their division?

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by bluecircle470: 12:41pm On Jan 10, 2016
Instead of u giving money to pastors rather go to a motherless babies home and see if GOD will not bless u in ten fold

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by oluamid(m): 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
Eronmosele:

Dear Anslem, don't bother replying people like that. Even if God chooses to reveal Himself specially to some of this kind, they will still not believe. They are a frustrated lot. Notice the vulgar talk. Flagrant disregard for God. Most of these type started out on a totally wrong foundation, some traveled as far as holding fellowship EXCO and pastoral positions without truly having that encounter with Jesus. All the while living a lie, living in deliberate willful sin. They were never truly born again, never regenerated. They belong to the category of people who if present in Jesuss' day would have accused him of healing with the aid of demons. Don't waste your time next time, only God can show him/her mercy.

Start a church already and watch the money pile up.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
Also don't fight Boko Haram, leave it for God to handle...you hear? Don't look for food to eat, leave it for God to handle...mscheww
Daughterzion:
Dont judge so you wont be judged. Leave it fnr God to handle

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
u r one of d ushers

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Pque(m): 12:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
shadowgwalker:
don't mind this op ooh! if you really wanna give thanks to God, let it be from your heart. if you think it's not right then follow your heart.

whatever way 'a prophet ' deceives people, it's none of my business cos I know God is watching. He is the God of Justice.

God gave us brain 4 a reason, to think nd not 4 simply decoration.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:
MY SIS. READ JER.5:30,31. ISAIAH 9:16; JER.23:29-31.MATT.13:13-16. MATT.5:13-15. IF THE BLIND LEAD THE BLIND, WHERE DO U THINK THEY WILL HEADING TO? BE VIGILANT MY DEAR. HAPI SUNDAY
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Eronmosele(m): 12:54pm On Jan 10, 2016
oluamid:

Start a church already and watch the money pile up.
Thanks. But I will pass. Church matter? Abeg abeg I'm not worthy.
Have a great year!
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by ybalogs(m): 12:55pm On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
I was at a Church today and I almost wept for the black race. Is it that people don't read their Bibles or they just choose to be gullible and stupid?

The Pastor or Prophet as he claimed he was always said that he isn't a beggar and he doesn't need anybody's money, but his actions were quite different. He acted like a beggar to me.

He was even so bold to request for so much money from his members and they saw nothing wrong at all. Okay, let me list all the money he collected so you can see for yourselves.

1) Who wants to give God the biggest note he/ she has in his/ her pocket?

2) Brown envelope.

3) White envelope.

4) Offering

5) Who wants to give money to the visiting Prophet? Tell the prophet thank you, Sow a seed now.

6) If you have 5000, 10,000 or any big amount of money you want to give to God.

Women came out mostly and I must say the church made almost N200, 000 or even more in just a day and this happens every Tuesday and other days they fellowship.

Things I noticed about the church...

1) The Pastor is an owner of a big car, while the members were mostly poor women and few men.

2) The Pastors dressed far better than the members. In fact, the members looked like people with lots of financial problems.

3) The only things the members get from these Pastors are prayers and a promise that God will reward them in 2016. I remember that I went to this same church some years back and the members still looked the same with no much of a change.

When will Nigerians get back to their senses to realize that these Pastors are using their beliefs, emotions and gullibility to steal all the money they have?

Only when we begin to think and come to a reasonable conclusion that God doesn't need money, but humans do, that is when we will begin to think right.

I wish I could take a video of what went on.
May God bless you
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by oglalasioux(m): 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
mrDennis:

hmm I 100% understand your Point.. but you still failed to answer me.
you see these electromagnetic forces etc u mentioned are all controlled by something( a god or God). BEFORE you doubt whether any god or God created the univese you should remember even we humans create things just to destroy them, raise animals with care just so we can devour/eat them.

I'm not here to tell you what to believe in , but as far as u human u must believe in something .
I just choose to believe in the bible.. cos it serves as my moral compass and connect to the most high.
how God deals with my enemies isn't my concern.

There is a power behind the forces of the universe. But it's not God as portrayed by the bible and Koran. I cannot tell you to stop believing in your bible or the Muslim to stop believing in the Koran. But it's important to note that these two religions have caused more harm than good to the world. And they hid behind a God they created to justify their atrocities. How do they convince us that they are genuine? By manipulating the forces of the universe.

Ask yourself why all the religions perform miracles and healings. Don't tell me it's Satan that is behind the miracle of other religions because you cannot disprove the goodness of many African deities. The reason is that the forces of the universe are out there. If you know how to use it you can divide the red sea (scientifically possible), bring down the walls of Jericho (very possible in science), make the sun stand still (hope you've heard of solar storm), read people's mind and therefore prophesy to them (the US army perfected the recording of minds and dreams in 2012).

I've given you some things to research on. The internet is the greatest thing that has happened to mankind. Use it to learn. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by tunde233(m): 12:56pm On Jan 10, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Church is fake.

Jesus Christ is fake.

Mohammed is fake.

Hell is fake.

Heaven is fake.

How do you come up with the picture of an insane man dressed in White and red robe, who was born 6 million years ago when there was no camera and tell me this is Jesus Christ.

The earlier you wake up to the reality of eternity by accepting Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord the better for you.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by ybalogs(m): 12:58pm On Jan 10, 2016
This sure will serve as an eye-opener for most Nairalanders and I hope it's passed on to Nigerians generally. This is getting too much and needs to change.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by UpLoyo: 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
OP I think you are the biggest f00l I've ever come across. So you went to a church and the pastor asking for offerings is what is disgusting to you and made you cry. Are old are you 1diot? I'm guessing because it's Sunday you quickly had to made this up so you can get some read and that would add meaning to your pathetic life? And to incriminate yourself, your small brain also said you went their the previous year, so are you saying the last time you went there you were not disgusted or the pastor then didn't ask for money? You are nothing but a no good, empty life, jobless mofo. Even if the people gave their inheritance to the pastor of what business is yours, is it your money? Broke ass f00l, just shut your trap and go have a life.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by YoungWiseCash: 1:05pm On Jan 10, 2016
My church made(or should I say members sow seeds) of a million plus naira on Dec 27..i was like...

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by genaro2000(m): 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2016
oglalasioux:
The OP's observation is a pathetic one. This can only happen among black people. But he still made a remark I feel he should correct. He asked if they don't read their bible or chose to be gullible. Is it not the same bible that started the whole shit of a benevolent vengeful god? A god who choses whom to bless. A god who choses who will die in an accident and who will survive. A god who made an adulterer and murderer like David a man after his heart. A god the Israelites claim gives them permission to commit genocide. That's what the pastors and terrorists are harping on. Don't blame them. Someone in the person of Moses started the lies. When we throw away religion, we'll begin to reap the fruits of this universe made by the Almighty God.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by soniawarmate: 1:11pm On Jan 10, 2016
Weeee:
This is the reason why I said people are so gullible. You can stand there and watch your people perish for lack of knowledge, but I won't do the same. This same Bible also says, Judge but, judge righteous judgement. These pastors only quote "Thou Shall Not Judge" to keep you gullible.

You better wake up and stop telling people that 'Thou Shall Not Judge' crap.
hypocrite is it all you go to church to do? Judge men of God? Who are you to judge God's anointed huh, why not go to church and pray for God's forgiveness and blessing.... Am surprised people still go to church and mop like agents sent from hell.... Judgement is for God the creator. If you see your self as God then go ahead and judge and see how far you go in life.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by ewizard1: 1:16pm On Jan 10, 2016
aguntan!!!
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by soniawarmate: 1:18pm On Jan 10, 2016
tunde233:

The earlier you wake up to the reality of eternity by accepting Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord the better for you.
am not sure you are alive..., only a fool Say's there is no God... Heaven is real and hell his real believe it or not you will be in one of these at the end. Give you life to Christ now.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by kushsy: 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
As a christian,i love God n actively worships in a known Church but no amount of preaching about money that gets to me...I do when n if my spirit agrees with it, God sees the heart.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by izutex007(m): 1:34pm On Jan 10, 2016
lilmax:
How do we build a church without money?

Churches r built wit money. Money donated by pple who are led by God's spirit to.

BUT

When money becomes the reason why we gather every fellowship day, chances are we r a stone thow from error.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Bonnywest: 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Church is fake.

Jesus Christ is fake.

Mohammed is fake.

Hell is fake.

Heaven is fake.

Its fake to u simply because u r addicted to women, women has made u lose ur righteous mind and sense of reasoning, why don't u pray to God for u to regain your brain & right sense of judgement, cos obviously u've lost it. I recommend you read the Bible daily, the right & only cure for ur soul.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Derawiz(m): 1:37pm On Jan 10, 2016
Lemme just advise the poster of this thread.
If anything is done in the name of God and with a pure heart,if the person gave all those money because of his faith in God,whether the pastor is fake or not,he will reap his reward,but if the pastor demanded those for his own selfish interests,then it's up to God to judge and punish him,do not be caught in the crossfire please,never you insult a pastor,publicly or secretly 'coz he's not your servant..Leave a servant for his master.
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by SpencerLewis(m): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
Daughterzion:

Daughterzion u're too beautiful and young to be so gullible as ur reply to this post suggested. What do u mean by that crap u wrote? Who's judging who here.
The OP was just highlighting the gullibility of an average Christian and u are writing crap here.
Which 'god' are they giving all these money apart from their pocket? Even my beloved AMADIOHA doesn't make demandslet alone other fellow unseen deities.
tufiakwa!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by lomprico(m): 1:40pm On Jan 10, 2016
lilmax:
How do we build a church without money?
Did u see any church building fund in d list??
Re: My Experience At A Church Today Almost Made Me Cry by Khan1993: 1:42pm On Jan 10, 2016
Addicted2Women:

Church is fake.

Jesus Christ is fake.

Mohammed is fake.

Hell is fake.

Heaven is fake.

another loose atheist. Where rope please.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

First Presbyterian Church Of Bellefonte Holds Last Service / ''Wicked Village Wait For Me, I'm Coming'' (Photo) / Waking Up From Sleep With Thin Blade Marks On My Body.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.