Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? (60246 Views)

Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / Christ Embassy Church Charging ₦1000 To Attend 31st Night Service / Today Is Christ The King Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ehinmowo: 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
og2711:

Slave

are u not more enslaved in ur mind. if u are not in d church n u think dey are collecting money to hear preaching. u are not just a slave bt a stupid one
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Amberon: 4:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
your moniker says it all. You're a menace to the society. We are all sinners saved by his grace. So once again, I'm redeemed and saved.
Menace2Society:
redeemed?more like delusional.U are a fuckin.g sinner just like me

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ehinmowo: 4:36pm On Dec 31, 2015
H2Ossss:

Hmmmm.... am flabawhelmed and overgasted... lol... u calling ppl bastards and calling ur pastor ur father? seriously? can we be more foolish? why do black people have to be the only 1 that cant evolve? Test all spirits my broda....

my statement was lik an open for any bastard to step into and u JST did.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by olusola11: 4:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
Wait oooo. if i hav a family of say six (my wife amd 4 children) and 2 relatives staying over at my place nah 8k bi dat oooo embarassed
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Gspot(m): 4:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
I pray God save or soul. FYI . there is no such thing as free program,the cost of setting up these programs far outweigh the stipend charged. Even experience it. Even salvation was paid for, technically speaking I think d attachment of fee to that is also for crowd control cos I know they can afford to bankroll it 100 percent. Its a shame u are not an enlightened bible scholar if not u won't come here to bring d body of Christ to disrepute.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Amberon: 4:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
You don't understand my point. Paying mandatory gate fee for entering a church is all levels of wrong. So what should the poor do even if they came hours earlier than the rich? Go home? This is segregation in the house of God and its bad.

I understand that bills needs to be paid to TV stations for air time but there are other means of realising the money such as "voluntary" donations.

Let's also not forget that Pastor Chris is the 2nd richest pastor in the whole entire world with a net worth of $50m. That money should be nothing to him.
lonzo:
Let me share my own opinion on this issue.

I worship in Christ Embassy

We the members mostly sponsor people to go to the LCA to attend the service free.

The program will be aired on Major Network Stations tonight (Ait,Nta,Mitv,Super screen, and others outside lagos)

Please anyone in Media should come and tell me how much 3hrs cost on air.

The program will be on all Major radio stations tonight. Again someone who works with Media should tell us how much 3hrs cost.

This program will be aired live around the tonight ( you can confirm from your friend anywhere in the world to check when it's 10pm)

This program is the Largest Outreach campaign by Christembassy and I can authoritatively tell you it's been streamed to over 50million viewers worldwide if not more.

Now all this streams mentioned above requires money I know dokpesi won't give airtime for free.

I will tell you Members give more than the 1k you talk about

Jesup Christ admonished us to make disciples of all Nations and that the main aim of tonight's Service.

Please feel free to walk into any Christ Embassy Church tonight. I am sure you will be blessed.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Blackeard(m): 5:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
What? The motive, the Action everything counts as sin as long as it's sin. There is no such thing as I lied but I didn't lie to do bad or any of those bs.
jared007:
see urself. Is masturbation a sin or the motive behind it? If u masturbate at the hospital to extract sperm 4rm ur penis to test against STD so u ve sinned right? Man judges the outward but God judges the heart. The concept of sin is in THE MOTIVES NOT THE ACTION!
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Blackeard(m): 5:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
Paying before entering the house of God is wrong on so many levels. Very wrong. I can never overemphasize how wrong this is.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 5:38pm On Dec 31, 2015
NaijaProxyBase:
Who cares. Maybe the zombies paying 1k to hear sermon.

It takes one zombie to identify his kind.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by NaijaProxyBase: 5:42pm On Dec 31, 2015
Nah...I'm not paying 1000 naira to listen to sermon when Jesus says salvation is free. Mumu.

Boeing777pilot:

It takes one zombie to identify his kind.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
lonzo:
Let me share my own opinion on this issue.

I worship in Christ Embassy

We the members mostly sponsor people to go to the LCA to attend the service free.

The program will be aired on Major Network Stations tonight (Ait,Nta,Mitv,Super screen, and others outside lagos)

Please anyone in Media should come and tell me how much 3hrs cost on air.

Thank you

NGN 5 million (naira) per hour on network at least for AIT. It's also airing on terrestrial and Satellite TV stations around the world.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 5:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
NaijaProxyBase:
Nah...I'm not paying 1000 naira to listen to sermon when Jesus says salvation is free. Mumu.

You were not forced. Ode
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by iyaijebu: 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
I blamed those that usually worship in that church..
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by NaijaProxyBase: 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
Hell awaits people turning the gospel of Jesus Christ to money making venture. Salvation is free.
Boeing777pilot:

You were not forced. Ode
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by tonyedouglas(m): 5:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
sambiyi:

brother,no One is forcing you to attend.

someone should... because now it seems they are more interested in the money than saving souls
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 5:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
For those saying salvation is free, it's not. Some one paid for it.
Read John 3.16, I'm not a bible person though.

Most of you shouting about it have no problems paying money to go to concerts etc

If Christians are OK paying to attend a service, then it's none of your Fu.c kinng ing business.
Bloody hypocrites!!!
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 5:49pm On Dec 31, 2015
tonyedouglas:

someone should... because now it seems they are more interested in the money than saving souls

It's a matter of choice. I didn't hear of any one being coerced to pay to attend. So what exactly is your problem?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 5:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
NaijaProxyBase:
Hell awaits people turning the gospel of Jesus Christ to money making venture. Salvation is free.

Salvation is NOT free.
Jesus paid for it.

There's nothing that's free. Some one somewhere paid for it. I guess you are Angel Michael's assistant that determines who makes heaven or not.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by BobbyDean(m): 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
see the way u are complaining more than the members. The 1000 naira is to restrict invitation of people to the auditorium becos of limited space. If u can't pay the token, why not appreoach the other viewing centers? By the way no one is gonna eat their 1000 naira fee. The money realized will be used for the sponsor and support of the ministry.
that means other church services like Shiloh or RCCG convention should go for @least 10k because of 'space & promotion of Ministry'
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by mrDennis(m): 5:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
sleeveless:
[quote author=mrDennis
if we are all to obey authority then why did xtians go to places and continents who already had authorities .(kings and gods) to preach about their own God and urge people to convert ?
why is nnamdi kanu going against Nigerian authorities , why is Christ embassy fighting south Africans authorities proposal to tax churches.?
u will just quote one line from bible forgetting its a part of a bigger letter by an apostle to another about a particular issue [/quote

Just try to get my point and stop quoting me words out of content.
Christian goes to places to preach cos there is no were it is that preaching is a crime,
Nnamdi Kanu comitted a crime dats y he is in detention of the authority
Christ embassy are not fighting with physical strength but through legal means so as not to go against the authority and there is nothing wrong in agitation provided its within d law.
Crimes are committed against authority ( law of a given place). And bible is against disobedient.

guy just admit u wrong and recant ur statement ... if preaching the gospel isn't a crime then why was Stephen and lots of early preachers killed?
why did the missionaries preach the gospel even after obas and chief priests warned them not to?
stop deceiving yourself ... xtianity has changed in a very different way from the bible xtians . accept that fact @least
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ahbey(m): 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2015
The 1K is for crowd control. Loveworld Convocation Arena can't accommodate everybody. If you can't pay the 1K, there are thousands of viewing centers in Nigeria and all around the world to be part of the service. Several TV stations, digital and terrestrial will also aired the service live....and let me tell you clear...the 1K collected from pple that still want to be with the man of God @ LCA will be use for charity purpose. Mind Christ Embassy are too very big....I repeat....very big to 1Ks collected. Thank you. I will be in one of the viewing center live in Abuja.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by NaijaProxyBase: 5:56pm On Dec 31, 2015
Yes, Jesus paid for salvation so no one would suffer for it again. Freely you were given, freely you share with others as well. Not start collecting 1000naira at the end of every year. Gullible dickkhead followers
Boeing777pilot:

Salvation is NOT free.
Jesus paid for it.

There's nothing that's free. Some one somewhere paid for it. I guess you are Angel Michael's assistant that determines who makes heaven or not.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by UpLoyo: 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
Assslayer:
I'm beginning to get more curious and furious about this , it has been going on for about four years now and people are not seeing anything wrong about it or i say his members are brainwashed to the highest order not to see anything wrong in this. Someone should please call this Christ Embassy church to order, every year they charge people coming to worship with them on the 31st night the sum 1000 naira as a gate fee. In the previous years they sell tickets before the show sorry i mean service, so all who wants to attend the 31st night service must come with their tickets to enter the church auditorium .

But this year they decided to craft another means of collecting this 1000 naira, they made it compulsory for each attendees to purchase an electronic gate pass for 1000naira. My question is , are they going to dance to the melody of a superstar singer or dance to sound of a superstar DJ ? Even the huge yearly program The Experience is free, someone should please call this Loveworld ministry aka Christ Embassy to order, reaping off our gullible citizens.

You are the definition of stup1dity. Of what business is yours whatever they collect as a gate fee, is it your church? Are you a member? If anyone decides to buy the ticket for N1000 is that any of your bloody business, is it your money? Some of you are just too stup1d for your own life. You just had to post some useless jargons in order to make your pathetic life mean something. Isn't this the same nonsense that's posted every December 31st? Another f00l would paste the same next December so your mental illness is not unique. Let their members speak for themselves and since it doesn't happen you are one, just shut your trap already. Goshhhh

2 Likes

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by tonyedouglas(m): 5:57pm On Dec 31, 2015
Boeing777pilot:

It's a matter of choice. I didn't hear of any one being coerced to pay to attend. So what exactly is your problem?
so the poor are not allowed into the house of God...or U will tell me God will provide anyone he needs inside the auditorium
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
Toks2008:

You would have made lots of sense but as a former member of christ embassy and as strong Haven PCF member i wil tell you that Pastor Oyakhilome is a money freak and there is no other justifiable reason.

I won't say it is a bad or good idea but the fact still remains that he is money freak and though his embattled wife may not include this to her reason for getting pissed at him but this is one silent reason i presume,

Money freak?
I'm sure you know what Christ embassy does world wide.
By virtue of my job, I travel a lot and I see the impact of Christ embassy, even as a non member in many countries I have visited.

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Belmot(m): 5:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
ehinmowo:
it is wise for anyone that wants to go far in life not to collide with anybody called a pastor (either u perceive his fake or not).

these accusations are careful device of d devil to lure ignorant pple into peril. besides, pple dt are going there did not complain.

in addition, I will not be looking while some bastards are reigning insult on my father.
Na pastor chris born you? cheesy
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 5:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
tonyedouglas:

so the poor are not allowed into the house of God...or U will tell me God will provide anyone he needs inside the auditorium

For those who can't pay, there are numerous viewing centers across the world, I understand it's being streamed online, or is it not the same message that will be heard irrespective of where they participate from?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
NaijaProxyBase:
Yes, Jesus paid for salvation so no one would suffer for it again. Freely you were given, freely you share with others as well. Not start collecting 1000naira at the end of every year. Gullible dickkhead followers

Idiot.
I'm sure if you had a land and a church wants it, you will give it for free because Jesus paid for it.

Your reasoning faculty has gone on a suspended holiday.

I'm not a member but if I had to attend, I will gladly pay if you don't have any problems buying a bottle of beer or paying to watch a concert, what I do with my 1,000 is none of your Fu.ckingg business. If it pains you that people are willing paying to attend, buy a bottle of drink and shove it up your ass.ss.

Fu.ckingg hypocrites.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Toks2008(m): 6:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
Boeing777pilot:

Money freak?
I'm sure you know what Christ embassy does world wide.
By virtue of my job, I travel a lot and I see the impact of Christ embassy, even as a non member in many countries I have visited.

Does that change the fact that Oyakhilome is a money freak?

Why are other pastors not collecting money for 31st night worship?

Bishop oyedepo and Pator adeboye could as well follow suit. I joined christ embassy when i was in Lasu way back in 1996 and i became a haven member in 2000 so when i write some stufs i know what i am implying.

Look at the rhapsody you guys distribute every 1st of october in Nigeria and other countries,pastor chris owns the printing press and he makes people believe the rhapsody is free but nah..it is paid for by the members while he makes his regular profit after printing.

Now i do not have any problem with that except the fact that he makes people believe its actually free as in printed and distributed F.O.C

It is even an absurdity to hear that a church collects money before people who may have teh chance to get born again to pay their way into salvation..please let me just stop here.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by tonyedouglas(m): 6:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
Boeing777pilot:

For those who can't pay, there are numerous viewing centers across the world, I understand it's being streamed online, or is it not the same message that will be heard irrespective of where they participate from?
so now the poor has there own worship centers different from the rich Ryt..
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Boeing777pilot: 6:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
Toks2008:

Does that change the fact that Oyakhilome is a money freak?

Why are other pastors not collecting money for 31st night worship?

Bishop oyedepo and Pator adeboye could as well follow suit. I joined christ embassy when i was in Lasu way back in 1996 and i became a haven member in 2000 so when i write some stufs i know what i am implying.

Look at the rhapsody you guys distribute every 1st of october in Nigeria and other countries,pastor chris owns the printing press and he makes people believe the rhapsody is free but nah..it is paid for by the members while he makes his regular profit after printing.

Now i do not have any problem with that except the fact that he makes people believe its actually free as in printed and distributed F.O.C

It is even an absurdity to hear that a church collects money before people who may have teh chance to get born again to pay their way into salvation..please let me just stop here.

Your argument lacks a sound foundation.
About Rhapsody, it's 15 years in print and the price has not changed. Tell me the item whose price has not changed in the last 15 years.

If he owns the press and so effing what?
Doesn't the printing press have running costs?

I understand there are partners who pay for free distribution so others can get it for free, is that a problem?

Pastor Chris is not other pastor. If you don't like what Christ embassy does, the correct thing to do is pray, it's far more effective than criticisms.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Assslayer: 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
UpLoyo:

You are the definition of stup1dity. Of what business is yours whatever they collect as a gate fee, is it your church? Are you a member? If anyone decides to buy the ticket for N1000 is that any of your bloody business, is it your money? Some of you are just too stup1d for your own life. You just had to post some useless jargons in order to make your pathetic life mean something. Isn't this the same nonsense that's posted every December 31st? Another f00l would paste the same next December so your mental illness is not unique. Let their members speak for themselves and since it doesn't happen you are one, just shut your trap already. Goshhhh

Another pained wreck in loose, got not time for brainwashed patient like you. Hope you get well soon

In other news wishing you a happy new year in advance.. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Only Daughter (Photo) / Church Member Becomes Mentally Deranged After Burning Her Village Shrine / Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.