Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,842 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? (60249 Views)

Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / Christ Embassy Church Charging ₦1000 To Attend 31st Night Service / Today Is Christ The King Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by babajeje123(m): 2:50pm On Dec 31, 2015
chimajii:

He needed to abuse u cause u're making no sense. Stick to ur religion and let odas stick to theirs'!!!! It can't be too hard for u to do. angry

I make more sense than you are. Check the number of likes I got for what I posted and compare it with what you got cool. If you are a Christian, I will advice that the earlier we start correcting our spiritual leaders for the heresies they preach the better. Else, many gullible ones, that are too lazy to search the scripture but based their lives on what their pastors preach, will find themselves in hell.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Favolly(f): 2:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
ElDeeVee:
Believers Love world
That's supposed to be another name for Christ Embassy?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ElDeeVee(m): 3:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
Favolly:

That's supposed to be another name for Christ Embassy?
Yes
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Favolly(f): 3:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
ElDeeVee:
Yes
Okay, thanks but I'll pass smiley
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Toks2008(m): 3:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
see the way u are complaining more than the members. The 1000 naira is to restrict invitation of people to the auditorium becos of limited space. If u can't pay the token, why not appreoach the other viewing centers? By the way no one is gonna eat their 1000 naira fee. The money realized will be used for the sponsor and support of the ministry.

You would have made lots of sense but as a former member of christ embassy and as strong Haven PCF member i wil tell you that Pastor Oyakhilome is a money freak and there is no other justifiable reason.

I won't say it is a bad or good idea but the fact still remains that he is money freak and though his embattled wife may not include this to her reason for getting pissed at him but this is one silent reason i presume,
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by NaijaProxyBase: 3:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
Who cares. Maybe the zombies paying 1k to hear sermon.
Boeing777pilot:

With or without u the place will be packed out I reckon...
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by NaijaProxyBase: 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
babajeje123:

I make more sense than you are. Check the number of likes I got for what I posted and compare it with what you got cool. If you are a Christian, I will advice that the earlier we start correcting our spiritual leaders for the heresies they preach the better. Else, many gullible ones, that are too lazy to search the scripture but based their lives on what their pastors preach, will find themselves in hell.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by shantelrandy(f): 3:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
see the way u are complaining more than the members. The 1000 naira is to restrict invitation of people to the auditorium becos of limited space. If u can't pay the token, why not appreoach the other viewing centers? By the way no one is gonna eat their 1000 naira fee. The money realized will be used for the sponsor and support of the ministry.
U are saying rubbish..Where in d bible did Jesus collect money to preach?Even when he fed d five thousand people.Tell me are people suppose to pay for hearing d word of God Or participating in church services? This is wrong, d members may b complaining but Will never complain to ur face...that doesn't mean der are happy with it.Its new year eve, everybody wanna b in church to thank God for d previous year,Do u think is every one that has d money to pay? What about those that ain't a member but just want to attend any Church close to them and will b restricted because they may not have d money to pay.If u talk about d crowd, there can still b a way to control it.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by shantelrandy(f): 3:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
U are saying rubbish..Where in d bible did Jesus collect money to preach?Even when he fed d five thousand people.Tell me are people suppose to pay for hearing d word of God Or participating in church services? This is wrong, d members may b complaining but Will never complain to ur face...that doesn't mean der are happy with it.Its new year eve, everybody wanna b in church to thank God for d previous year,Do u think is every one that has d money to pay? What about those that ain't a member but just want to attend any Church close to them and will b restricted because they may not have d money to pay.If u talk about d crowd, there can still b a way to control it...Stop defending ur church and call a spade a spade. Speak d truth and shame d devil.Biko
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by NaijaProxyBase: 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
Segregation in the house of God. The rich who has money to come forth while the poor is locked out. Stupid people old men and women worshiping pastors since the time of john the baptist.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ElDeeVee(m): 3:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
Favolly:

Okay, thanks but I'll pass smiley
Bye
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Rhea(f): 3:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
Assslayer:
I'm beginning to get more curious and furious about this , it has been going on for about four years now and people are not seeing anything wrong about it or i say his members are brainwashed to the highest order not to see anything wrong in this. Someone should please call this Christ Embassy church to order, every year they charge people coming to worship with them on the 31st night the sum 1000 naira as a gate fee. In the previous years they sell tickets before the show sorry i mean service, so all who wants to attend the 31st night service must come with their tickets to enter the church auditorium .

But this year they decided to craft another means of collecting this 1000 naira, they made it compulsory for each attendees to purchase an electronic gate pass for 1000naira. My question is , are they going to dance to the melody of a superstar singer or dance to sound of a superstar DJ ? Even the huge yearly program The Experience is free, someone should please call this Loveworld ministry aka Christ Embassy to order, reaping off our gullible citizens.

[size=15pt]Unfortunately, your fury amounts to nothing if it is only displayed on the pages of nairaland. If you want it to mean something, then stop patronizing them. chris oyakhilome is in the business of winning souls for his church. He is a business man who ploughs the fields of the gullibility of his followers. He also makes no apology for doing so. He is also not alone in the game. If you look around you, you will find at least 3 people who cannot afford their next meal due to circumstances beyond their control. That N1000 will mean much more to them than it will to you or oyakhilome and his business partners. So, if you are truly tired of being arm-twisted every new year's eve for N1000, then wake up and do something definite and tangible about it. I am now waiting for the next "touch not my anointed" yadiyadiya[/size]

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by kindredspirit(m): 3:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
ikorodureporta:

Is that not a means of acquiring shares u'r calling donation? Y dnt he donate to govt Uni.....mtchew!

Err, he donated a 650-Seater ultra-modern auditorium to the Edo State-owned Ambrose Alli University in Ekpoma last year though.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/01/oyakhilome-donates-auditorium-aau/
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ayobarmy(m): 3:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
I was more curious than the op, and every other non member of the Ministry here on Nl, during my first experience at the loveworld arena... When i first heard about the 1k charge, i immediately cancelled all my plan of attending any service there because i can't just imagine paying any money because i want to attend a church service..... But after so many plea from my wife, i decided to attend...... But still, that gate fee makes me feel dizzy so i decided to visit one of the churches in Lagos, Shomolu to be precise where i was told that there's no tickets again, but what surprised me was when they told me to go and get dressed and come with my wife that we will join them even without Tickets.... Lo and behold they took us from Bajulaye rd in Shomolu to Ikeja To and Fro without taking any penny from us.... Even at the venue it was one of the securities that tour on ticket into two and gave me and my wife,... He now explained to us that the essence of the charges is purely crowd control and also the money realized will be used to sponsor the ministry outreaches like Healing school, reach out Nigeria, and so many more...... Since then i decided never to say anything about anyone until i find out the real fact.. ....... The charge is just like taking from those that have more to give to those that doesn't have, but u will not understand until u move closer to them.. ..... God bless us alll

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by shantelrandy(f): 3:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
ehinmowo:
it is wise for anyone that wants to go far in life not to collide with anybody called a pastor (either u perceive his fake or not).

these accusations are careful device of d devil to lure ignorant pple into peril. besides, pple dt are going there did not complain.

in addition, I will not be looking while some bastards are reigning insult on my father.
..SMH for u..I can see that u are so senseless, am ashamed of you bcoz u can't even see d truth and say it, u are scared of the truth.Why will anyone in his right senses collect money just to hear d word of God#tufiakwa#
D devil has already lured u into peril that is why you see black and call it red..U don't need to complain because u are blindfolded in seeing and speaking d truth.And in case u have forgetting u are d bastard here.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Onlymewakacum(m): 3:29pm On Dec 31, 2015
Teddeebear:
don't comment on anything you have no clear idea about and stop allowing social media rules your sense of reasoning

Maybe you give me a clear insight since it seems you hv a better understanding of the subject matter....
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Awoofawo(m): 3:34pm On Dec 31, 2015
grin grin grin

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by kindredspirit(m): 3:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
kachola:
oga I disagree with you pls. so u mean if some one came to clinics and we ask him to masturbate in order to get sample he has sin. why are u guy reasoning like dis. motive behind masturbation is what makes it a sin. when did he mentioned abt fornication order thing u mentioned as not bein a sin. common reason. as for goin to worship in that auditorium. every bdy must not worship they. order centers are they to worship witout a token. u pple shuld face ur own and leave orders to do it de way they want it. meanwhile menbers are not complaining so whts ur own headic.

Question for you : Let's assume I just happened to find myself at CECs " Cross over Service" oblivious of the N1000 access fee and I didn't go there with my wallet or any money. What happens? Would I be allowed access or would I get turned back at the entrance?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by boofydon: 3:41pm On Dec 31, 2015
sleeveless:
[quote author=mrDennis
if we are all to obey authority then why did xtians go to places and continents who already had authorities .(kings and gods) to preach about their own God and urge people to convert ?
why is nnamdi kanu going against Nigerian authorities , why is Christ embassy fighting south Africans authorities proposal to tax churches.?
u will just quote one line from bible forgetting its a part of a bigger letter by an apostle to another about a particular issue [/quote

Just try to get my point and stop quoting me words out of content.
Christian goes to places to preach cos there is no were it is that preaching is a crime,
Nnamdi Kanu comitted a crime dats y he is in detention of the authority
Christ embassy are not fighting with physical strength but through legal means so as not to go against the authority and there is nothing wrong in agitation provided its within d law.
Crimes are committed against authority ( law of a given place). And bible is against disobedient.
My question is if I smoke Marijuana in Washington(where it is legal), have I committed a sin?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Olasam12(m): 3:43pm On Dec 31, 2015
JESUS CHRIST, our saviour fed thousands.He performed several miracles without collecting a dime from those that seek Him.Christianity means living like Christ! It means, you're not a christian once you dot have the qualities of Christ. I urge us to be careful of the wolfs that cover themselves with sheep's garment.Be careful of devinish being that cover themselves with religion.Your faith is your faith.Your pastor's faith,beliefs or how he lives his life cant lead you to eternity with Christ and vice versa.But you can emuIate the good qualities which are in line with word of God.I dot care may be this story is truth or not but what i know is that the Almighty God judges man according to how they live their lives.So you that live your life to deceive others in the name of God,your rewards are on the way. Once again, be careful of #deceivers
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by snailspeed: 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
see urself. Is masturbation a sin or the motive behind it? If u masturbate at the hospital to extract sperm 4rm ur penis to test against STD so u ve sinned right? Man judges the outward but God judges the heart. The concept of sin is in THE MOTIVES NOT THE ACTION!

So if I sleep with your 12 year old daughter with the motive of helping her get over are sexual feelings, it isnt a sin? Or if a womman approches me and says she is really feeling Hot and I should help our out by sleeping with her to get relief, it isnt a sin? You guys have been taught evil teachings from the pit of hell that will lead you straight to hell and you are truly lost. God help you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by henryutd(m): 3:45pm On Dec 31, 2015
babajeje123:

My Bro, what do you mean by 'concept of sin'? Last time I checked, there was nothing like that in the Bible. Sin is sin. There is no justification for sin. There is no right motive for sinning.

Don't mind those anti-christ embassy church members.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by kennygee18(m): 3:53pm On Dec 31, 2015
You must be sick..
quote author=jared007 post=41498778] see the way u are complaining more than the members. The 1000 naira is to restrict invitation of people to the auditorium becos of limited space. If u can't pay the token, why not appreoach the other viewing centers? By the way no one is gonna eat their 1000 naira fee. The money realized will be used for the sponsor and support of the ministry.[/quote]
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Danny1974: 3:55pm On Dec 31, 2015
How much is the Pastor being charge for his life.? Let him know that the judgement shall begin in the church

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by lonzo(m): 3:58pm On Dec 31, 2015
Let me share my own opinion on this issue.

I worship in Christ Embassy

We the members mostly sponsor people to go to the LCA to attend the service free.

The program will be aired on Major Network Stations tonight (Ait,Nta,Mitv,Super screen, and others outside lagos)

Please anyone in Media should come and tell me how much 3hrs cost on air.

The program will be on all Major radio stations tonight. Again someone who works with Media should tell us how much 3hrs cost.

This program will be aired live around the tonight ( you can confirm from your friend anywhere in the world to check when it's 10pm)

This program is the Largest Outreach campaign by Christembassy and I can authoritatively tell you it's been streamed to over 50million viewers worldwide if not more.

Now all this streams mentioned above requires money I know dokpesi won't give airtime for free.

I will tell you Members give more than the 1k you talk about

Jesup Christ admonished us to make disciples of all Nations and that the main aim of tonight's Service.

Please feel free to walk into any Christ Embassy Church tonight. I am sure you will be blessed.

Thank you

2 Likes

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by seangy4konji: 4:22pm On Dec 31, 2015
End time things.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by curiox007: 4:23pm On Dec 31, 2015
Assslayer:

Would'nt it be more aplaudable if such funds get into a sector that would benefit all, or will the fund help reduce the school fees of the school. Talking about free Rhapsody they share, how is that beneficial the well being of Nigerians presently, my people are hungry and you are here talking of Rhapsody book
eeyah..I noticed u keep mentioning hunger...but remember man shall not live by bread alone..get a copy of rhapsody and dwell on the word ...you will get ideas that will seize Ur hunger....seek ye first the kingdom of God and every other things shall be added unto you
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Amberon: 4:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
I see you cannot engage in meaningful conversations without raining insults If you cannot pass your message across without abusing then kindly desist from quoting me.

PS: I didn't read past the first line. Repent and be saved.
jared007:
you are so dull in comprehension and scriptures. I will painstakingly educate u sir. In galatians 5:19 the works of the flesh were listed. Now the only motive behind fornication,murder etc is greed or lack of love that's why God said u must love ur neighbour as urself. Do u masturbate against ur neighbour or ur own body? Do u love ur body as u love ur neighbours and God? Don't try to twist my word with ur dull reasoning.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ehinmowo: 4:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
shantelrandy:
..SMH for u..I can see that u are so senseless, am ashamed of you bcoz u can't even see d truth and say it, u are scared of the truth.Why will anyone in his right senses collect money just to hear d word of God#tufiakwa#
D devil has already lured u into peril that is why you see black and call it red..U don't need to complain because u are blindfolded in seeing and speaking d truth.And in case u have forgetting u are d bastard here.

it is year stupidity dt makes u think dt u cn fight for God. munmun
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Amberon: 4:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
Pls do not put words into my mouth, or get me wrong. I said masturbation.

If it involves masturbation, then it is a sin. This is what I said.
ImpactWorld:

I do not support masturbation and I have no reason to do so.

But...

Are you suggesting that all medical and diagnostic procedures that require semen should stop all over the world?

Including

Assisted reproductive techniques,
Semen analysis
etc etc

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
"Mugu fall, man of goat chop". Simplest English term I can use in describing it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Bolu Adubi: Pastor Adeboye’s Only Daughter (Photo) / Church Member Becomes Mentally Deranged After Burning Her Village Shrine / Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.