Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? (60264 Views)

Catholics: Today Is Christ The King Sunday, As We Mark The Beginning Of Advent / Christ Embassy Church Charging ₦1000 To Attend 31st Night Service / Today Is Christ The King Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
why are u lying on my head nah? Didn't I mention support and sponsor the ministry too? Or u don't know what supporting the ministry entails? My church doesn't lack money but our mega projects in reaching the lost trough quality services demands more money.

Your response is typical of " believers" who only read the bible through the notes of their pastors. If you read your bible especially Ephesians 4 you would see that the aim of the church is for each member to equip one another. Each believers is expected to bear fruit. They are not expected to pass on this responsibility to any organization. After all it is not organizations that will be rewarded by Christ but the individual. there is NO expense in preaching the gospel because it is done by individuals in the normal course of their lives and business. Forget the roadshow type Christianity that you see. It isn't the biblical standard.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
oglalasioux:
You are crying for mere 1000 naira as gate fee to cross over night. Wait until they start selling tickets for rapture before you complain.
God is not man, else tickets for rapture will be out of reach .

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by BillionaireVic: 1:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
People be saying what they are not sure of. Be careful before u face the wrath of God.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2015
These men of God are more of a problem in Nigeria than the politicians.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Amicable666(m): 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
kachola:
oga I disagree with you pls. so u mean if some one came to clinics and we ask him to masturbate in order to get sample he has sin. why are u guy reasoning like dis. motive behind masturbation is what makes it a sin. when did he mentioned abt fornication order thing u mentioned as not bein a sin. common reason. as for goin to worship in that auditorium. every bdy must not worship they. order centers are they to worship witout a token. u pple shuld face ur own and leave orders to do it de way they want it. meanwhile menbers are not complaining so whts ur own headic.
kachola:
oga I disagree with you pls. so u mean if some one came to clinics and we ask him to masturbate in order to get sample he has sin. why are u guy reasoning like dis. motive behind masturbation is what makes it a sin. when did he mentioned abt fornication order thing u mentioned as not bein a sin. common reason. as for goin to worship in that auditorium. every bdy must not worship they. order centers are they to worship witout a token. u pple shuld face ur own and leave orders to do it de way they want it. meanwhile menbers are not complaining so whts ur own headic.
kachola:
Sorry to say this
Bleep u
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by NaijaProxyBase: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
It has produced a lot. ha ha. What does a pastor who can't control his own immediate home has to say for me to pay 1k.
Boeing777pilot:

Talk is cheap.
If you are damn serious, take serious action and stop whining online.

What meaningful result has all the talk produced?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by erusen: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
ronaldbecky:
mumu useless members
its life ,his choice and his money is not ur concern
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Nobody: 1:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
why are u lying on my head nah? Didn't I mention support and sponsor the ministry too? Or u don't know what supporting the ministry entails? My church doesn't lack money but our mega projects in reaching the lost trough quality services demands more money.

Your response is typical of " believers" who only read the bible through the notes of their pastors. If you read your bible especially Ephesians 4 you would see that the aim of the church is for each member to equip one another. Not one person equipping thousands. Each believers is expected to bear fruit. They are not expected to pass on this responsibility to any organization. After all it is not organizations that will be rewarded by Christ but the individual. there is NO expense in preaching the gospel because it is done by individuals in the normal course of their lives and business. Forget the roadshow type Christianity that you see. It isn't the biblical standard.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by whitebone(m): 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
see the way u are complaining more than the members. The 1000 naira is to restrict invitation of people to the auditorium becos of limited space. If u can't pay the token, why not appreoach the other viewing centers? By the way no one is gonna eat their 1000 naira fee. The money realized will be used for the sponsor and support of the ministry.

You sound passionately similar to an unreasonable and uneducated fellow who has nothing but a malfunctioned analytical and logical processor.

One question for you and your pastor.. Would Jesus extort people when the multitude come to him if he were alive today?

People like you and your so called organization called church are creating a stain on the christian body.

I don't blame you who has been brained washed and zombified, there will always be a generation of mumu in every nation.

No doubt you are the head of one of the clans in such generation...

Enjoy your 1000bucks till dawn tozo grin

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by erusen: 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
menxer:
To those using lack of space to justify the toll, don't forget overflow is not a taboo concept in CEC.

And to those having an ish with the toll, please there is a diversion: 31st night service is everywhere.

Nobody can be kept in slavery (by whatever definition) without his/her active participation.
they are not slaves
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Sacramento4real(m): 1:05pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
that's no extortion. Must u worship at the auditorium? If u don't want ur 1000 naira to sponsor the gospel why not proceed to ojo viewing center? You are right am one of the "brainwashed sheep" becos the brainwasing is propelling me 4ward and upward in life.
The money is being used to further the Gospel,you said?What happened the Tithes and offerings being collected?Christ Embassy is suppose to be the richest church in Nigeria.They don't pay their pastors,cos most of them work Part-time.Winners Chapel that pay their pastors and other church workers would not do what CEC is doing.Christ Embassy does not build churches,they only rent buildings and start their services there.I know what am saying cos i was a worshipper with Christ Embassy.There is nothing new you will tell me about that Ministry.They don't assist their Satellite churches out in terms of building worship centres.Christ Embassy came to my community in the year 2004.When they came,they started from the public school there.They stayed for a while and then moved to a Hotel hall there.From there,they moved to the town hall of the community.From there they moved to another hotel's hall in the community.When the owner of the hotel the wanted to start using it fully,they moved backed to a primary school classroom.Up till this very moment,they are still worshipping in a classroom.Winners Chapel came to the same community and in their second year in the community,the headquarters sent funds for the building project.The land and funds for the building was fully paid for.Winners chapel has the biggest and finest building in that community till date.

All the offerings and tithe that the members of that satellite church pays are taken to the regional headquarters and then to The main church but yet they can't be helped?I was one of the foundation members of the branch,but i grew tired of moving from one place to the other.
Christ embassy should look into this aspect of the ministry.

3 Likes

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by morganwizzy55(m): 1:06pm On Dec 31, 2015
jared007:
see urself. Is masturbation a sin or the motive behind it? If u masturbate at the hospital to extract sperm 4rm ur penis to test against STD so u ve sinned right? Man judges the outward but God judges the heart. The concept of sin is in THE MOTIVES NOT THE ACTION!

True talk
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by mrDennis(m): 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
Analysiscorner:
Look at this example. A medical doctor inserts his fingers into the vagina of a girl or woman for medical examination and another person inserting his fingers into the same for pleasure

in the old days it's is WOMEN who tend to women in labour . NOT MEN. even till today in villages its only women (what we call mid wives ). that attend to labouring mother's. go check dat fact!
that is why 95% of doctors are either athiest or passive xtians and Muslims.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by whitebone(m): 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2015
greenpasture:

Your response is typical of " believers" who only read the bible through the notes of their pastors. If you read your bible especially Ephesians 4 you would see that the aim of the church is for each member to equip one another. Not one person equipping thousands. Each believers is expected to bear fruit. They are not expected to pass on this responsibility to any organization. After all it is not organizations that will be rewarded by Christ but the individual. there is NO expense in preaching the gospel because it is done by individuals in the normal course of their lives and business. Forget the roadshow type Christianity that you see. It isn't the biblical standard.

Thumbs up bro.. You just drove in the point..
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Dec 31, 2015
nwakaibeya1:
Jeremiah 12,10 why should you attend christ embassy 31st night program after paying one thousand naira and Why do you fast if God never listens ?why would would you be at programs upon programs and stil be under evil marine&ocult bondages&Evil family wickedness and no liberation and peace as JESUSCHRIST promised? People should be above evil if they encounter the real JesusChrist or his called and that why we have told you and those who care to listen that there is UNBELEVABLE POWER, the LIGHT, the MANTLE which is available to you if only you wish to have UNBELEVABLE POWER with no fasting no night vigil and why not try&see if its true after all bible says test every spirit and know which is genuine. The truth and revelation is for very few people just like heaven is for very few people and not for every one
miracles that's what's blinding u... U 4get even d devil performed miracles... Jesus neva charged anyone for preaching or for releasing them from bondage but dis end time pastors.... Too much discrepancies from their mentor Jesus

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by whitebone(m): 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
erusen:
they are not slaves
But brain washed and zombified grin

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by NaijaProxyBase: 1:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
Church should be the last solitary place for people not clubs or shows. Collecting money to listen to sermon is nonsense. Why not stay at the gate to control the number of people entering the auditorium ? May God save us.
sarutobie:

the hypocrites will shy away from this particular post because it exposes them for who they are..one is not stupid when he subscribes 2-5k worth of data to multi billion dollar company like MTN, one is not stupid when he pays 5k for vip seats to watch davido and co..but one becomes gullibe when he gives offerings and tithes worth less (sometimes) to a place he believes impacts on his/her life positively?

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Sacramento4real(m): 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2015
MissSlimbody:
...Wish I could like your post a million times.
Na Godwin,sist.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by mrDennis(m): 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
sleeveless:
before I do that, quote a verse in the bible that says exam malpractice is a sin.

Exam malpractice is a crime against authority and the bible in Romance 13:1-7 admonish us to obey authority. That's why exam malpractice is a sin because if disobedient

if we are all to obey authority then why did xtians go to places and continents who already had authorities .(kings and gods) to preach about their own God and urge people to convert ?

why is nnamdi kanu going against Nigerian authorities , why is Christ embassy fighting south Africans authorities proposal to tax churches.?

u will just quote one line from bible forgetting its a part of a bigger letter by an apostle to another about a particular issue

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by QueenEunee: 1:16pm On Dec 31, 2015
Pls which local station will cover it live?

AIT did last year? Will dey again this year?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by QueenEunee: 1:17pm On Dec 31, 2015
@khez, Yes AIT will show it again tonight from 10pm... stay tuned!

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by NaijaProxyBase: 1:18pm On Dec 31, 2015
Sacramento4real:

The money is being used to further the Gospel,you said?What happened the Tithes and offerings being collected?Christ Embassy is suppose to be the richest church in Nigeria.They don't pay their pastors,cos most of them work Part-time.Winners Chapel that pay their pastors and other church workers would not do what CEC is doing.Christ Embassy does not build churches,they only rent buildings and start their services there.I know what am saying cos i was a worshipper with Christ Embassy.There is nothing new you will tell me about that Ministry.They don't assist their Satellite churches out in terms of building worship centres.Christ Embassy came to my community in the year 2004.When they came,they started from the public school there.They stayed for a while and then moved to a Hotel hall there.From there,they moved to the town hall of the community.From there they moved to another hotel's hall in the community.When the owner of the hotel the wanted to start using it fully,they moved backed to a primary school classroom.Up till this very moment,they are still worshipping in a classroom.Winners Chapel came to the same community and in their second year in the community,the headquarters sent funds for the building project.The land and funds for the building was fully paid for.Winners chapel has the biggest and finest building in that community till date.

All the offerings and tithe that the members of that satellite church pays are taken to the regional headquarters and then to The main church but yet they can't be helped?I was one of the foundation members of the branch,but i grew tired of moving from one place to the other.
Christ embassy should look into this aspect of the ministry.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by fumstar(f): 1:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
Amberon:
are you kidding me?? No, like seriously? for real? is this what pastor Chris has been preaching to you?,that masturbation isn't a sin but the motive behind it is?

Holy Moses!!! this is the most absurd thing I've heard all my life. So murder is not a sin but the motive behind it is a sin. fornication and adultery are not sins, only the motive behind them are sins.

I'm really sorry for you..

Pls tell them cuz anything outside d bible is mere religion.
Gullible followers

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by erusen: 1:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
whitebone:

But brain washed and zombified grin
u think. I know many of them,they all a great life,probably too rich to dash 1k to their pastor.personally i wouldnt do it but i see adults who i admire doing,then it is insulting to call them zombies.it is their own kind of fun,people pay 50k to ay concept,so why should insult someone paying 1k from his abundant money to his church
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by shumuel(m): 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
tuffpivot:

Abegg how many pipo paid Jesus Christ to hear him preach.. Smh d judgement will start from God's house the Church so make una prepare

@bolded. Yeah i know, isn't that what am saying ?
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by Kingspin(m): 1:24pm On Dec 31, 2015
dorox:
Like all true capitalist, when demand exceed supply for a previously "free" service, you introduce price, and adjust the price upwards until there is equilibrium between demand and supply. With the kind of demand he was having something had to be done. So, don't blame him, the fault rest squarely on the idiots who can't seem to get enough of his shìt at any price.
Soon they will extend it to Sunday services, pls people should know how to be free and worship thq real God not man. I rather remain at home than going to anyhow church.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by erusen: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
Menace2Society:
redeemed?more like delusional.U are a fuckin.g sinner just like me

u dey mind that one.MR SAINT
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by erusen: 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2015
Spidermon:
I would rather use the 1k to watch premiership football matches.

Church isnt Rhythm Unplugged !
or rather watch my team destroy arsenal come febuary

1 Like

Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by ghenghen23(m): 1:33pm On Dec 31, 2015
There's no need to complain. Christians are daft beyond reason. In fact, the religion thrives on stupidity and an unwillingness to examine ones nature. MAN KNOW THYSELF.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by shumuel(m): 1:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
airsaylongcon:

I know you are being jocular here. Entertainment is for those that are willing to pay, a form of recreation meant for those that can afford it. A luxury really. The church on the other hand is meant for all, not those that can afford it. Think DStv vs NTA!

And I have never spent a penny on any of those acts. Until they start live performance instead of miming ("DJ, play me track 7) I shan't be attending any of their events

Just has i have said, its bad,, and i still stand on it.

Anyone who is not happy with it or that can't afford it should leave the fold/church and find a better/equal place of worship.

You don't go buying a DSTV when you know you can't afford it, do you ?

Men of God are currupt, yes we know but some churches have their own way of blessing their members,, Honestly a church is not a place to collect but a place to give.
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by MissSlimbody(f): 1:37pm On Dec 31, 2015
Lizabeth25:
For saying you no believe say dem dey collect 1k. undecided

And where in my post did you see that??

Did you read my post with your eyes closed, read words backward or you don't understand english language?

Some people just want to quote you, even without reading your post undecided
Re: Why is Christ Embassy Charging 1000 Naira To Attend 31st Night Service? by BillionaireVic: 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
Guys be saying what they are not sure of, be careful before the wrath of God will come upon you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Activist Tears Winners Chapel’s I.V, Accuses Oyedepo Of Preaching Hate / Oyedepo Paid Graduate Pastors ₦38,000 Monthly — Sahara Reporters / Taribo West Preaching At Alaba MarkET (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.