Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said (46351 Views)

9 Things Buhari Did That Confirm CHANGE Is Really Here (list) / 15 Things Buhari Is Doing To Cut Down Cost Of Governance By Lauretta Onochie / 12 Things Buhari Govt Is Putting In Place To Revive Nigerian Economy - Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by monexx(m): 10:45am On Dec 31, 2015
BANNING OF HIJJAB MIGHT NOT GO DOWN WELL WITH SOME PPL IN THE COUNTRY, THAT COULD LEAD TO A MASSIVE PROTEST THAT COULD RESULT TO ANOTHER CONFUSION AND ANARCHY. MAY GOD INTERVENE..............................
Nice 1 tho

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by ekefre4(m): 10:46am On Dec 31, 2015
After the media chat,all I can say is this: If u don't believe that PMB has what it takes to rule this country kindly pack your bags and go to Togo. Give the man sometime and stop wailing afterall nobody is perfect and I strongly believe that if most wailers were to b president it might have been worse.

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 31, 2015
Efe3:
Buhari basically justified the shi'ite massacre when asked about it, he started talking about how shi'ites block roads and run a parallel government.

I DONT KNOW WHY MOST NIGERIANS HAVE POOR JUDGEMENT BASED ON SENTIMENT?
Efe im sure you are from Edo or Delta. In Bendel where me and you come from, nobody or group has ever block road or stop military convoy. Being a muslim or shiite does not give anybody or group more privilege than others.

They deserve to die. In the south, police and military kill innocent boys smoking ordinary weed in the ghetto. You are here depending militants.

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by giantstrides(m): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2015
Gaborone:
15. "I think"

16. "I will crosscheck with CBN"

17. In response to questions on devaluation : " Bad roads!"

18. "Credible members of bokoharam"

I have never seen such a thing in my life, yet, softwares in the form of e-paper tigers like mapet think they can muzzle me with insults.

cheesy

"My daddy said, my mummy said "

Are you still running around threads above your capacity ?

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by chacoonder(m): 10:48am On Dec 31, 2015
PMB is working, all we need is patience.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by lazeal: 10:48am On Dec 31, 2015
Teddeebear:

it is saddening to hear the buhari say that by giving political offices to individuals the district which the individual hails is well treated.

How does giving political offices to selfish politicians benefit the common man, how many of these politicians reach out to their people expect during another election period.

Buhari should be listing possible FG projects that he wants to embark on in the region that will touch their lives.

Moreover, the people have nothing much to show in terms of FG presence in their region for 100years and about 55yrs independence, they also have the right to decide not to be a part of Nigeria.

He should rather call for a conference, where our existence as a country should be negotiated, if after 100yrs, some people call themselves igbos, Yorubas and hausas with their own agenda, one claiming to be superior to another, then Nigeria is a joke.

These ethnic issues and tribalism should be handled seriously else our problems will persist.
It is your right to demand that from your people. You, this is the problem with Nigeria. We just keep watch like zombies... Fela said it: "suffering and smiling"
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Teddeebear: 10:51am On Dec 31, 2015
lazeal:
It is your right to demand that from your people. You, this is the problem with Nigeria. We just keep watch like zombies... Fela said it: "suffering and smiling"

i didn't quite get your point
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by profmallory(m): 10:52am On Dec 31, 2015
Gbam!!!, its that Intelligence that makes me smile when i wake up in the morning and remember we now have a President. yes he will get some things wrong along the way, and yes at sometime we might even disagree, but one thing is for certain, An Intelligent man is now the president of Nigeria.

akinladejo:
This man in very intelligent. see correct and unbiased answers to their biased questions.

2 Likes

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Tripleclick(m): 10:52am On Dec 31, 2015
demolinka:
Nigeria needs to be forcefully cleansed! All this rule of law BS wailers are screaming will either keep us redundant or throw us back into the doldrums. Even the Americans sometimes bypass laws and statutes for their greater good. Carry go, Daddy zahra.
Your pple r d one that needs cleansing.. as if u r animals... keep calm.. it mayb ur brothers turn tomorrow
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by anonimi: 10:53am On Dec 31, 2015
Opeedo:
On asset declaration

I declared my assets four times… I don’t have to ask them (Code of Conduct Bureau) to give you the asset declaration… You have a constitutional right to the documents.

Equals to- I don't give a DAMN, not so

PhockPhockMan:
But Buhari, in the document titled, ‘I pledge to Nigeria’ had also said that all his political appointees would only earn salaries and allowances as prescribed by the Revenue and Mobilisation and Fiscal Allocation Commission.

He said, “I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees publicly declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment. All political appointees will only earn the salaries and allowances determined by the RMFAC. I pledge, as Commander-in-Chief, to lead from the front and not behind in the comfort and security of Aso Rock, to boost the morale of fighting forces and the generality of all Nigerians.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-vp-fail-to-declare-assets-publicly/

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837264_tmp9455fbimg14417792614671224457852_jpeg6dab6ee28b2554beeaa4f34b3a1f7675

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2827707_img20150905142543_jpegffcefa9483529d6999254d5bf1b3a54e

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by bobchigar(m): 10:55am On Dec 31, 2015
Teddeebear:

it is saddening to hear the buhari say that by giving political offices to individuals the district which the individual hails is well treated.

How does giving political offices to selfish politicians benefit the common man, how many of these politicians reach out to their people expect during another election period.

Buhari should be listing possible FG projects that he wants to embark on in the region that will touch their lives.

Moreover, the people have nothing much to show in terms of FG presence in their region for 100years and about 55yrs independence, they also have the right to decide not to be a part of Nigeria.

He should rather call for a conference, where our existence as a country should be negotiated, if after 100yrs, some people call themselves igbos, Yorubas and hausas with their own agenda, one claiming to be superior to another, then Nigeria is a joke.

These ethnic issues and tribalism should be handled seriously else our problems will persist.
Trash.........
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by banggy: 10:56am On Dec 31, 2015
I JUST LOVE THIS MAN CALLED PMB

NOW I CAN SAY WE HAVE A PRESIDENT!!!

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by BayLord01(m): 10:56am On Dec 31, 2015
Teddeebear:

Then why not attack those political office holder that didn't perform instead of disturbing Nig peace?
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by ourleader(m): 10:56am On Dec 31, 2015
His doing a bit GOOD but let him move to BETTER, for the BEST is not with him

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by banio: 10:56am On Dec 31, 2015
Death penalty 4 treasury looters. Dasuki is....

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by peedeeasobie(m): 10:57am On Dec 31, 2015
Let me say something here and please I want to be on record...

Many APC people will regret voting this man into power.

No matter your party affiliation, you should never support a president who flouts court orders. Its not a good thing for the democracy, that's how dictators are born.
He even had the guts to say 'I hope the judges are watching'.

When a president starts disobeying court orders and starts passing judgments on accused people who the law presumes innocent, we should be afraid.

The judiciary is the last hope of the common man, when their powers are neglected, the nation is sunk.

Listen to me carefully, this man will disobey more court orders, he has found out that its possible... after all there is no public outcry. He even ordered the police to shoot innocent people that protested against the continuous detention of Nnamdi Kanu.

Don't laugh when your neighbour's house is burning, because it will soon be your turn.

All the lawyers in this country, including myself should be ashamed of themselves. We should hide our faces in shame. Our legal profession is a huge embarrassment to this country.

The fact that we haven't boycotted the courts and gone on massive protests is a big shame.

Shame on Nigeria,
shame on APC,
Shame on the legal practitioners.

May our children not spit on our graves!

3 Likes

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by miqos02(m): 10:58am On Dec 31, 2015
ok
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Teddeebear: 10:59am On Dec 31, 2015
bobchigar:

Trash.........
doesn't sound like what you want to hear right … lol, village boy...

am waiting for your sensible reply
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Diablo666: 10:59am On Dec 31, 2015
ril19:
Your foreign exchange restriction policy is meant to discourage import of goods that can be produced locally. that's good.

Buh one question for you baba; what are you doing to encourage already established businesses within the country?

Take for instance the automobile industry. Local manufacturers like IVM and others need supports, incentives and concessions because such an industry can be a huge employer of labour in the country when fully harnessed. keep trying baba.

#babathinko
He already stated that those with viable business that can boost our local productions and have valid means of substantiation can go through the central bank and make foreign exchanges at the official rates. its as simple as that. He also stated same process would be applied to the education sector with the min of education, finance, foreign Affairs and cbn for those already schooling abroad to ease their dilemma. as for those intending to go. they are on their own. this would greatly boost our local educational sectors.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by PMONEY6: 10:59am On Dec 31, 2015
"and the one you are calling Kanu" ( have a pregnant wife in the UK, yet he was caught in the act of sangalow)..PMB media chat grin grin
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by sabaeh(m): 11:01am On Dec 31, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

Interesting! And how exactly do you approach the CBN?

This president is actually worse than I thought.

Anyway, the good thing about our current predicament is that even those who voted for and still supports Buhari, who is obviously the most clueless president in my lifetime, would also feel the heat one way or the other, except of course those directly employed by his government.

You sounded like someone who is from somalia I'm so ashamed 4 u
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Nobody: 11:03am On Dec 31, 2015
giantstrides:

"My daddy said, my mummy said "

Are you still running around threads above your capacity ?

lol. Yes, they said...because they are enlightened enough to say. Moreso, I'm proud enough to repeat what they said. No questions asked.

And no, there is no thread on nairaland beyond my capacity. Try say something else to stop me from expressing myself. This one didn't work.

My mummy said ko, my daddy said ni.

E-warrior, have yourself a more meaningful year in 2016.

cheesy
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by mapet: 11:04am On Dec 31, 2015
Gaborone:
15. "I think"

16. "I will crosscheck with CBN"

17. In response to questions on devaluation : " Bad roads!"

18. "Credible members of bokoharam"

I have never seen such a thing in my life, yet, softwares in the form of e-paper tigers like mapet think they can muzzle me with insults.

cheesy

Did your Daddy tell you this too or your mummy
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by UyiIredia(m): 11:04am On Dec 31, 2015
TheCurse:
This is the curse. It is powered by the anger of 170 million good Nigerians. If you fall within the section of Nigerians who sees fault in every solutions, who subverts the progress of the nation for personal growth, who speaks from both sides of their mouths regarding what a well-meaning president is expected to do, who supports corruption and corrupt officials, who closes their eyes to all the atrocities committed by corrupt people in favour of screaming insane garbage about the rule of law and harrassing the judiciary to set looters and criminals free just so you can take your share, who wants all the good things about Nigeria to fail by all means and at all cost...TAKE NOTE: 2016 will be your year of agony. It will usher in an extended period of pain to you. (Just you, not your innocent family members - except they are culpable too). 2016 is the year you will watch your own personal ruins in 3D clarity. I dont know if you will survive to see 2017. Personally i wish you do, so that your agony and devastation will be drawn out to the fullest as you suffer every iota of pain you richly deserved to the maximum. That is for 2016. As for your last day of 2015, all i can say is that it shall not be well with you throughout today.

I am calm. I represent the voices of the masses who wakes up daily to place a curse on you, but are too busy struggling in the mess your corruption has created and propagated. Receive Your Curse. Know that if you are guilty and you insult me back, your curse and its effect shall be tripled. And Automatic.

Seconded.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by SHAIBULIAR: 11:04am On Dec 31, 2015
baba have spokened,wailers must spark
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by mashnino(m): 11:05am On Dec 31, 2015
Teddeebear:

Kip kwayet joor.. Nonsense

What are d state governors doing.. Who voted dem in?

You expect d president to come down to d state level and solve ur issues?

Una neva ready.. And u talkin abt people still claimin their respective region.. Its gonna b like dat till dis world wraps up.. Even in america dey still have segregation.. So plz...

If you know u re nt comfortable with the present situation plz lve... Not like dre is enuf to go round sef..
As it is na manage we dey.. And na so we go manage am till everything start to dey make sense
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by mradjoy(m): 11:05am On Dec 31, 2015
sammhi:
the OP must be Garba or Sheu but it is good. I enjoy the OP summary better than listening to PMB . maybe PMB has problem with conveying his message .
I didnt watch it but heard a few over the radio ..but this summary really conveys the message
PMB means well but he should learn to be respect the law too..no matter his sincerity if PMB does not respect the law then why should the court listen to him....
Respect the law my foot! So Dasuki respect law abi? Whoever disobeys law when committing atrocities, the same law should be disobeyed when dealing with such person simple.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Teddeebear: 11:08am On Dec 31, 2015
BayLord01:

Then why not attack those political office holder that didn't perform instead of disturbing Nig peace?

listen here, did the people appoint Ngige minister?

Is the minister responsible to his district or the entire country?

Even the governors that rule the state won through political scheming not the choice of the common man,
Apart from a few cases all Igbo state governors are trying based on the resources available to them (after looting which seems to be normal at the moment)
What is FG doing to make their presence felt in those regions

Note that the agitation didn't start today, and its multi faceted.

How do you feel in a country where you are regarded as 5%, how do you feel when a king of a land, says you will die in lagoon.

at the moment, yorubas have stopped selling properties to igbos in Lagos, they even want to use Hausas to buy the properties back, how comfortable will you live in that kind of country?

so the people are saying, let us go …
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by mashnino(m): 11:09am On Dec 31, 2015
peedeeasobie:
Let me say something here and please I want to be on record...

Many APC people will regret voting this man into power.

No matter your party affiliation, you should never support a president who flouts court orders. Its not a good thing for the democracy, that's how dictators are born.
He even had the guts to say 'I hope the judges are watching'.

When a president starts disobeying court orders and starts passing judgments on accused people who the law presumes innocent, we should be afraid.

The judiciary is the last hope of the common man, when their powers are neglected, the nation is sunk.

Listen to me carefully, this man will disobey more court orders, he has found out that its possible... after all there is no public outcry. He even ordered the police to shoot innocent people that protested against the continuous detention of Nnamdi Kanu.

Don't laugh when your neighbour's house is burning, because it will soon be your turn.

All the lawyers in this country, including myself should be ashamed of themselves. We should hide our faces in shame. Our legal profession is a huge embarrassment to this country.

The fact that we haven't boycotted the courts and gone on massive protests is a big shame.

Shame on Nigeria,
shame on APC,
Shame on the legal practitioners.

May our children not spit on our graves!

You were there wen he ordered d police bah

Hypocrite.. I voted for buhari and by the grace of God.. It's gonna do what is good for d common man

And dat is wat i need.. Good for d common man
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by joseph1832(m): 11:10am On Dec 31, 2015
I believe any sane mind can attest that PMB, knows what he's doing and he sure do know what he's talking about.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by fscream(m): 11:10am On Dec 31, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

Interesting! And how exactly do you approach the CBN?

This president is actually worse than I thought.

Anyway, the good thing about our current predicament is that even those who voted for and still supports Buhari, who is obviously the most clueless president in my lifetime, would also feel the heat one way or the other, except of course those directly employed by his government.

Are you sure you don't need help?
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Teddeebear: 11:12am On Dec 31, 2015
mashnino:

Kip kwayet joor.. Nonsense

What are d state governors doing.. Who voted dem in?

You expect d president to come down to d state level and solve ur issues?

Una neva ready.. And u talkin abt people still claimin their respective region.. Its gonna b like dat till dis world wraps up.. Even in america dey still have segregation.. So plz...

If you know u re nt comfortable with the present situation plz lve... Not like dre is enuf to go round sef..
As it is na manage we dey.. And na so we go manage am till everything start to dey make sense
listen up young man

Note that the agitation didn't start today, and its multi faceted.
How do you feel in a country where you are regarded as 5%, how do you feel when a king of a land, says you will die in lagoon.
at the moment, yorubas have stopped selling properties to igbos in Lagos, they even want to use Hausas to buy the properties back, how comfortable will you live in that kind of country?
so the people are saying, let us go …

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Soldiers Punishing A Civilian In Public (Pictures) / Wike: Forget My Rough Face & How I Talk, Vote For Me As Your President (Video) / Jonathan Pictured With Peter Obi And Datti In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.