Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,498 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said (46352 Views)

9 Things Buhari Did That Confirm CHANGE Is Really Here (list) / 15 Things Buhari Is Doing To Cut Down Cost Of Governance By Lauretta Onochie / 12 Things Buhari Govt Is Putting In Place To Revive Nigerian Economy - Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by bakila: 11:15am On Dec 31, 2015
PassingShot:
[s][/s]
That was an indirect dislike button created. He has 28 dislikes sofar.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by PassingShot(m): 11:17am On Dec 31, 2015
bakila:

That was an indirect dislike button created. He has 28 dislikes sofar.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 31, 2015
Nigerian media and their lies. This is not all he said, you are covering it all up. I watched him from the start to the end. You're fake, brown envelope journalism would Never prevail. GEJ came in, and you pretended as saints, now GMB is on, you claim to be holier saints. I tell you these day, that your lies will end up one day and put to shame. The Most High Creator has His Way of doing things, and HE shall show you all that you are nothing but Mortal Men, U bleed, U sleep, U slumber, and U sleep in death. Better repent, these Brown-envelop Journalists.

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Efe3: 11:21am On Dec 31, 2015
theshield:

I DONT KNOW WHY MOST NIGERIANS HAVE POOR JUDGEMENT BASED ON SENTIMENT?
Efe im sure you are from Edo or Delta. In Bendel where me and you come from, nobody or group has ever block road or stop military convoy. Being a muslim or shiite does not give anybody or group more privilege than others.

They deserve to die. In the south, police and military kill innocent boys smoking ordinary weed in the ghetto. You are here depending militants.

as a south southerner, I fit happy say north dey kill themselves as in karma for all their wrongdoings against the SS and SE,
but as a social commentator, I condemn this sort of inhumanity.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 31, 2015
coolcharm:
That is my president. Hate him or love him, he is what we need at this point in time.

His stand on foreign exchange restrictions are on point. Our industries are not growing because of importation of basically everything... toothpick, frozen chicken, rice, generators, fabrics.... you name them. We can't continue that way. Most of these things are stuffs that can be produced locally. Nigerians should be grateful that the government is resolute enough to take that stand.

We can't devalue the naira because of businesses that do not contribute anything to employment and economic growth.

And of course, we can't subsidise the the dollar for them either.

But if they insist, they can source for forex from the black market.

Whatever you can no longer import because of rising forex... learn how to produce or manufacture it locally!

I love you PMB! I know a lot of well meaning Nigerians do too

We pray God helps you win the war against corruption and insecurity too
.......GBAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMN! I MUST CALL ON FG TO APPOINT YOU THE DG # NIGERIAmustBEanEXPORTER# cheesy
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by timawoku(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2015
ril19:
Your foreign exchange restriction policy is meant to discourage import of goods that can be produced locally. that's good.

Buh one question for you baba; what are you doing to encourage already established businesses within the country?

Take for instance the automobile industry. Local manufacturers like IVM and others need supports, incentives and concessions because such an industry can be a huge employer of labour in the country when fully harnessed. keep trying baba.

#babathinko

CBN intervention loan for SMES and other ailing industries. This man get sense pass one kind phd holder like that and his shepopo.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by mradjoy(m): 11:38am On Dec 31, 2015
peedeeasobie:
Let me say something here and please I want to be on record...

Many APC people will regret voting this man into power.

No matter your party affiliation, you should never support a president who flouts court orders. Its not a good thing for the democracy, that's how dictators are born.
He even had the guts to say 'I hope the judges are watching'.

When a president starts disobeying court orders and starts passing judgments on accused people who the law presumes innocent, we should be afraid.

The judiciary is the last hope of the common man, when their powers are neglected, the nation is sunk.

Listen to me carefully, this man will disobey more court orders, he has found out that its possible... after all there is no public outcry. He even ordered the police to shoot innocent people that protested against the continuous detention of Nnamdi Kanu.

Don't laugh when your neighbour's house is burning, because it will soon be your turn.

All the lawyers in this country, including myself should be ashamed of themselves. We should hide our faces in shame. Our legal profession is a huge embarrassment to this country.

The fact that we haven't boycotted the courts and gone on massive protests is a big shame.

Shame on Nigeria,
shame on APC,
Shame on the legal practitioners.

May our children not spit on our graves!
What kind of a lawyer are you, charge and bail?

A learned lawyer who chose to condemn a political party of a 7 month old Administration and partially left out d other political party who put us in dis mess after ruling us for 16 good years? I guess you're part of them that sends d one who stole pepper to 10 years imprisonment and give a slap on d wrist to d one who stole billions of dollars meant for national growth and security because he's gonna share d loot with you or what.

Oga lawyer, you said PMB flout court orders, ehen he should allow Dasuki to run away as Dieziani did abi? But wait oga lawyer, why didn't Dasuki think about court orders before deciding to send his people in d north east to their early graves. If this is what it'll take us to d ever elusive promise land so be it.

The judiciary that is full of corrupt judges is what you're expecting PMB to obey so as to allow corrupt lawyers like you to advantage of. You ought to know better when it comes to law right? So you didn't know that a criminal can be rearrested with a different charges even after a court discharges/absolves him of d former charges?

Abeg go back to school and spend more time with ur books.

2 Likes

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by AfroKnight: 11:41am On Dec 31, 2015
[b]This is the real breath of fresh air. A media chat where reporters were unafraid to ask important questions on controversial issues unlike the rehearsed watered-down rubbish Jonathan fed us with.

Anyone can see the sheer honesty of the President. He never sugar-coated even issues that didn't make look good. He will lead Nigeria into greatness.

On the issue of secession, he was on point. Where is the marginalisation? They are led by their own indigenous governors, senators and reps; they enjoyed a good number of federal appointments in the past administration. They have even been appointed commissioners in faraway Lagos (ACN/APC leadership) even when they are generally hostile to non-natives back in their homeland. Nobody has imposed any outsider on them.

It is funny that this needless agitation did not rear it's head in Jonathan's time. Perhaps this is because he continued to appoint them to important positions, appeasing them. No other tribe protested about this. Now in a balanced government they have started shouting "marginalisation". Interesting. What of the myriad of minority tribes in the middle belt and south south? Are they screaming murder like you?

If the real wailing is about marginalisation regarding elected positions then this agitation is purely stupîd, because in the nascent days of APGA, you abandoned Ojukwu and followed PDP. Even in present day Anambra, Enugu and Abia, APGA still struggles with PDP. You cannot even support your indigenous party yet you seek federal elected positions on a platter of gold. What a bunch of jokers.

It is a shame that someone like Nnamdi Kanu is your crusader. Well, intelligent people are sometimes led by bold, brash and brainless thugs.

Buhari is a leader. Not the typical politician and that is a blessing we will all enjoy.

Forgive my harsh words.[/b]

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by coolcharm(m): 11:42am On Dec 31, 2015
ZuzuMan:
.......GBAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMN! I MUST CALL ON FG TO APPOINT YOU THE DG # NIGERIAmustBEanEXPORTER# cheesy

Lol.. you will be the secretary then. grin

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 11:42am On Dec 31, 2015
[quote author=TheCurse post=41506220][/quote]
My bros, for your mind you don post meaningful thing
But the way i read your post,
E be like say your brain carry u go customary court go divorce you
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by hmuhammad(m): 11:43am On Dec 31, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

Interesting! And how exactly do you approach the CBN?

This president is actually worse than I thought.

Anyway, the good thing about our current predicament is that even those who voted for and still supports Buhari, who is obviously the most clueless president in my lifetime, would also feel the heat one way or the other, except of course those directly employed by his government.

this wailer is still yet to recover from march 28th defeat. He needs our help

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Nobody: 11:44am On Dec 31, 2015
coolcharm:

Lol.. you will be the secretary then. grin
.... cheesy offer accepted! cool
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by hmuhammad(m): 11:48am On Dec 31, 2015
mradjoy:
What kind of a lawyer are you, charge and bail? A learned lawyer who chose to condemn a political party of a 7 month old Administration and partially left out d other political party who put us in dis mess after ruling us for 16 good years? I guess you're part of them that sends d one who stole pepper to 10 years imprisonment and give a slap on d wrist to d one who stole billions of dollars meant for national growth and security because he's gonna share d loot with you or what. Oga lawyer, you said PMB flout court orders, ehen he should allow Dasuki to run away as Dieziani did abi? But wait oga lawyer, why didn't Dasuki think about court orders before deciding to send his people in d north east to their early graves. If this is what it'll take us to d ever elusive promise land so be it. The judiciary that is full of corrupt judges is what you're expecting PMB to obey so as to allow corrupt lawyers like you to advantage of. You ought to know better when it comes to law right? So you didn't know that a criminal can be rearrested with a different charges even after a court discharges/ absolves him of d former charges? Abeg go back to school and spend more time with ur books.
you truly deserve 2 cartons of cold stout for this, how do I waybill them to you?.... you gave that wailer a perfect reply.

2 Likes

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by amaechi1: 11:53am On Dec 31, 2015
Witi:
This summary is for the indomie brains that could not comprehend yesterdays interview. I hope we are clear now.

Guy you harsh ooo. Take it easy. Every body cannot comprehend at thesame pace.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by mradjoy(m): 11:55am On Dec 31, 2015
hmuhammad:
you truly deserve 2 cartons of cold stout for this, how do I waybill them to you?.... you gave that wailer a perfect reply.
You can send them to my inbox. lol. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Nobody: 12:00pm On Dec 31, 2015
No. 15: "It takes taa taa tango!" undecided

#FoolishDullard
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by ilyas26(m): 12:03pm On Dec 31, 2015
saxywale:
finally, a president with balls.
Real big Daura balls
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by pmbluv2015: 12:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
TheCurse:
This is the curse. It is powered by the anger of 170 million good Nigerians. If you fall within the section of Nigerians who sees fault in every solutions, who subverts the progress of the nation for personal growth, who speaks from both sides of their mouths regarding what a well-meaning president is expected to do, who supports corruption and corrupt officials, who closes their eyes to all the atrocities committed by corrupt people in favour of screaming insane garbage about the rule of law and harrassing the judiciary to set looters and criminals free just so you can take your share, who wants all the good things about Nigeria to fail by all means and at all cost...TAKE NOTE: 2016 will be your year of agony. It will usher in an extended period of pain to you. (Just you, not your innocent family members - except they are culpable too). 2016 is the year you will watch your own personal ruins in 3D clarity. I dont know if you will survive to see 2017. Personally i wish you do, so that your agony and devastation will be drawn out to the fullest as you suffer every iota of pain you richly deserved to the maximum. That is for 2016. As for your last day of 2015, all i can say is that it shall not be well with you throughout today.

I am calm. I represent the voices of the masses who wakes up daily to place a curse on you, but are too busy struggling in the mess your corruption has created and propagated. Receive Your Curse. Know that if you are guilty and you insult me back, your curse and its effect shall be tripled. And Automatic.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by pmbluv2015: 12:10pm On Dec 31, 2015
PMB our messier God bless you.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by shaqhead: 12:11pm On Dec 31, 2015
BlackPeni5:
I admire the president's honesty...He didn't try to sugar coat anything.

But the down side is that, he sounded clueless about many issues. He would need to ask the CBN Governor, He may have missed the programme which exposed his Ministers' involvement in corruption, etc.

The chat also showed that with enough pressure, Buhari can bend (which is evidence that he doesn't have a clear objective) as it relates to his agreement to ban Hijab when pressed by the journalists.

Buhari is a good man, but the Dictator is still strong within him as he doesn't respect the Judiciary. He even made the police look inferior by saying "How can the Police investigate the military when it should be the other way around".

We are in for rough times ahead.
Every country gets the kind of leader they deserve! You are rght abt the subtle dictatorial posture of PMB but just imagine we ddnt get Dasuki on a leash and he finds his way to lets say Saudi arabia on some phamtom medical check up. Gettin some of ds safe havens to gv him up wl b something else. Where do u think d fight on corruption wl b heading? Funny enough the dasuki man's health still dey kampe contrary to what he and his sympathisers wanted us to believe.

In essence what am sayin is imagine an Obj with his dictatorial tendency without the soiled fingers and ask urself if it would have gotten this bad! And yes am sayin in certain cases i fully support "breaking bones to make it heal properly".
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Sibrah: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
Teddeebear:

it is saddening to hear the buhari say that by giving political offices to individuals the district which the individual hails is well treated.

How does giving political offices to selfish politicians benefit the common man, how many of these politicians reach out to their people expect during another election period.

Buhari should be listing possible FG projects that he wants to embark on in the region that will touch their lives.

Moreover, the people have nothing much to show in terms of FG presence in their region for 100years and about 55yrs independence, they also have the right to decide not to be a part of Nigeria.

He should rather call for a conference, where our existence as a country should be negotiated, if after 100yrs, some people call themselves igbos, Yorubas and hausas with their own agenda, one claiming to be superior to another, then Nigeria is a joke.

These ethnic issues and tribalism should be handled seriously else our problems will persist.
Do you guys think at all before typing? So after the political appointments what is Buhari suppose to do? You talk like he is suppose to take allocation used to cater for people of SE extraction in other states back to the SE and keep it there. Common sense dictate that should a SEner living in Kano falls sick, he or she goes to Kano based Hospital and used up Kano state resource, so if you like more federal presence in SE make it more conducive for people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to live there.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by shaqhead: 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2015
NatureBoy91:
Nigerian media and their lies. This is not all he said, you are covering it all up. I watched him from the start to the end. You're fake, brown envelope journalism would Never prevail. GEJ came in, and you pretended as saints, now GMB is on, you claim to be holier saints. I tell you these day, that your lies will end up one day and put to shame. The Most High Creator has His Way of doing things, and HE shall show you all that you are nothing but Mortal Men, U bleed, U sleep, U slumber, and U sleep in death. Better repent, these Brown-envelop Journalists.
Shoosh Son, the Most High Creator that sees the end from the beginning took power from your GEJ and gave it to PMB...this is enough to keep u sober!

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by peedeeasobie(m): 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
mradjoy:
What kind of a lawyer are you, charge and bail?

A learned lawyer who chose to condemn a political party of a 7 month old Administration and partially left out d other political party who put us in dis mess after ruling us for 16 good years? I guess you're part of them that sends d one who stole pepper to 10 years imprisonment and give a slap on d wrist to d one who stole billions of dollars meant for national growth and security because he's gonna share d loot with you or what.

Oga lawyer, you said PMB flout court orders, ehen he should allow Dasuki to run away as Dieziani did abi? But wait oga lawyer, why didn't Dasuki think about court orders before deciding to send his people in d north east to their early graves. If this is what it'll take us to d ever elusive promise land so be it.

The judiciary that is full of corrupt judges is what you're expecting PMB to obey so as to allow corrupt lawyers like you to advantage of. You ought to know better when it comes to law right? So you didn't know that a criminal can be rearrested with a different charges even after a court discharges/absolves him of d former charges?

Abeg go back to school and spend more time with ur books.

If this is your submission to what I wrote... you need to go back to school, start from kindergarten please.

2 Likes

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Udstar(m): 12:25pm On Dec 31, 2015
Buhari should always be the person to speak and clarify issues on things troubling the country and not some of his ministers.

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Bluffly: 12:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
ril19:
Your foreign exchange restriction policy is meant to discourage import of goods that can be produced locally. that's good.

Buh one question for you baba; what are you doing to encourage already established businesses within the country?

Take for instance the automobile industry. Local manufacturers like IVM and others need supports, incentives and concessions because such an industry can be a huge employer of labour in the country when fully harnessed. keep trying baba.

#babathinko

CBN sill supports Manufacturers
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by vislabraye(m): 12:27pm On Dec 31, 2015
BlackPeni5:
I admire the president's honesty...He didn't try to sugar coat anything.

But the down side is that, he sounded clueless about many issues. He would need to ask the CBN Governor, He may have missed the programme which exposed his Ministers' involvement in corruption, etc.

The chat also showed that with enough pressure, Buhari can bend (which is evidence that he doesn't have a clear objective) as it relates to his agreement to ban Hijab when pressed by the journalists.

Buhari is a good man, but the Dictator is still strong within him as he doesn't respect the Judiciary. He even made the police look inferior by saying "How can the Police investigate the military when it should be the other way around".

We are in for rough times ahead.

You said it all. But some zombies can never give a honest criticism. So sad.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by freedom96: 12:35pm On Dec 31, 2015
akinladejo:
This man in very intelligent. see correct and unbiased answers to their biased questions.
Is he very intelligent or very sincere?
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by playboy19(m): 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2015
I'm
ril19:

#babathinko

What do you really want again? Dash them free money for doing their business? He has help them block compitetion from importer and the market is only left for them, so what do u want him to do again? Teach them how to sell to the willing buyers?
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by praise007: 1:02pm On Dec 31, 2015
SAI BABA TILL 2022. like this
wailing Wailers are you there?
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by mradjoy(m): 1:26pm On Dec 31, 2015
peedeeasobie:

If this is your submission to what I wrote... you need to go back to school, start from kindergarten please.

Bro. you'll still need to prove to me you aren't a charge and bail lawyer!
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by oyeah786(m): 1:31pm On Dec 31, 2015
Only info that will kill biafran movement that you will post did u not tell this forum that any issue concerning biafra shud be stopped. Be a man of you words
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by ColeworldMD(m): 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
Teddeebear:

Buhari should be listing possible FG projects that he wants to embark on in the region that will touch their lives.
please what is the work of the ministers? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wike: Forget My Rough Face & How I Talk, Vote For Me As Your President (Video) / Jonathan Pictured With Peter Obi And Datti In Abuja / Melinda Gates Is In Nigeria, Meets With El-Rufai In Kaduna. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.