Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,215 members, 7,829,357 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:42 AM

Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said (46343 Views)

9 Things Buhari Did That Confirm CHANGE Is Really Here (list) / 15 Things Buhari Is Doing To Cut Down Cost Of Governance By Lauretta Onochie / 12 Things Buhari Govt Is Putting In Place To Revive Nigerian Economy - Adeosun (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Skento1: 1:39pm On Dec 31, 2015
Indeed, i cn c hw clueles he is compare to ur gej. Who landed us in dis mess... Sit down in his rum n write a chegue of 40b naira for sum1 to colebt witot folowin due proces, dat is a leader dat gat clues. Fooolsz
[/quote]
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by sample042(m): 1:40pm On Dec 31, 2015
PMB is trying jor...
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by sunsewa: 1:51pm On Dec 31, 2015
Clueless to the core by constitutional and human rights standard.

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by lumeneng22: 1:52pm On Dec 31, 2015
One more question for Mr president, sir what is holding back alert of December salaries and pension after you have order that it should be paid? Is it a confirmation that your government doesn't respect both court and presidential orders?
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by tunde1200(m): 1:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
cool
coolcharm:
That is my president. Hate him or love him, he is what we need at this point in time.

His stand on foreign exchange restrictions are on point. Our industries are not growing because of importation of basically everything... toothpick, frozen chicken, rice, generators, fabrics.... you name them. We can't continue that way. Most of these things are stuffs that can be produced locally. Nigerians should be grateful that the government is resolute enough to take that stand.

We can't devalue the naira because of businesses that do not contribute anything to employment and economic growth.

And of course, we can't subsidise the the dollar for them either.

But if they insist, they can source for forex from the black market.

Whatever you can no longer import because of rising forex... learn how to produce or manufacture it locally!

I love you PMB! I know a lot of well meaning Nigerians do too

We pray God helps you win the war against corruption and insecurity too
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by zzzzy: 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2015
NatureBoy91:
Nigerian media and their lies. This is not all he said, you are covering it all up. I watched him from the start to the end. You're fake, brown envelope journalism would Never prevail. GEJ came in, and you pretended as saints, now GMB is on, you claim to be holier saints. I tell you these day, that your lies will end up one day and put to shame. The Most High Creator has His Way of doing things, and HE shall show you all that you are nothing but Mortal Men, U bleed, U sleep, U slumber, and U sleep in death. Better repent, these Brown-envelop Journalists.
smiley
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by queensmith: 2:44pm On Dec 31, 2015
Has anybody on this forum actually addressed the inconsistencies with the detention of some and helplessness of others?

Corrupt officials can afford good lawyers whilst the likes of Dasuki & Kano are . . . .

How is he helpless in the case of some and soo strong in the case of others? There's favoritism going on here and we all know it.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by chosengocap: 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2015
So Nnamdi Kanu entered Nigeria with a Biafran passport?
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by ColeworldMD(m): 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
Bollinger:
I have a problem with;

"On the clash between Shi’ites and the Nigerian Army in Zaria and his silence

i. I have allowed the army and the Kaduna State government to come up with their reports before I come out to speak on the clash. This does not mean that the police and the DSS are not doing their part.

ii. The situation in Zaria is very serious… How can one group create a state within a state?

There is nothing like jurisdiction in the legal process in Nigeria. It does not make any sense. Who is in charge of this investigation? In the US, one agency would take charge of an investigation so as not to create confussion as well as not to waste valuable resource. We see it everyday. LASTMA, KAI, VIO, ROAD SAFETY, all doing the same thing which is absolutely insane.
its absolutely ridiculous. The same thing happens with our MDAs. I recently passed by the 'Federal Character Commission' building and ur guess is as good as mine. It was in a dilapidated state. Dust, spoilt ACs and the building looked abandoned. All this is going on while people wonder why there agitation for Biafra by IPOB even though Nigeria is a country of over 300 languages and 6 geopolitical zones. I had doubts in Buhari previously but after yesterday's PMC, even though he has has his downside, you'll agree with me that he's the best thing that has happened to Nigeria in recent years. This guy literally allows himself to be checked by the Judiciary & Legislative. When was the last time the Nigerian state had a govt whereby there are checks and balances by the different arms of govt? Smh
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by ril19(m): 3:54pm On Dec 31, 2015
playboy19:
I'm

What do you really want again? Dash them free money for doing their business? He has help them block compitetion from importer and the market is only left for them, so what do u want him to do again? Teach them how to sell to the willing buyers?
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Gee15: 4:04pm On Dec 31, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

Interesting! And how exactly do you approach the CBN?

This president is actually worse than I thought.

Anyway, the good thing about our current predicament is that even those who voted for and still supports Buhari, who is obviously the most clueless president in my lifetime, would also feel the heat one way or the other, except of course those directly employed by his government.

Then you remain the worst human being on planet earth.

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Tczar(m): 6:08pm On Dec 31, 2015
I'm really optimistic after watchin PMB speak,one can only help him with prayers & hope everythin turns out the way we all want. SaiBaba
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by sammhi(m): 6:13pm On Dec 31, 2015
mradjoy:
Respect the law my foot! So Dasuki respect law abi? Whoever disobeys law when committing atrocities, the same law should be disobeyed when dealing with such person simple.
no sir.....two wrongs don't make a right...
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by sammhi(m): 6:19pm On Dec 31, 2015
mradjoy:
Respect the law my foot! So Dasuki respect law abi? Whoever disobeys law when committing atrocities, the same law should be disobeyed when dealing with such person simple.
no sir.....two wrongs don't make a right...
even in the Quaran..you have to try someone using witnesses before you deal with him.....so why are you now disobedience to the law so you can be right....the essence of punishment is not revenge but deterrence....
also when you disobeys the law , PMB is also breaching the Constitution ....
please learn to remove emotion. from. this...it should not be a personal thing....
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Teddeebear: 7:14pm On Dec 31, 2015
Sibrah:
Do you guys think at all before typing? So after the political appointments what is Buhari suppose to do? You talk like he is suppose to take allocation used to cater for people of SE extraction in other states back to the SE and keep it there. Common sense dictate that should a SEner living in Kano falls sick, he or she goes to Kano based Hospital and used up Kano state resource, so if you like more federal presence in SE make it more conducive for people of the Federal Republic of Nigeria to live there.
you must be a bigot, you didn't understand what I wrote, by the way what crisis is in east that stops others from living in east.

read wat you wrote again, you are a dunce, are you saying allocation for SE should be taken to areas were igbos live, you must be crazy with such thoughts.

let the people go, simple!! stop tribalism, hatred, else let the people go, they have the right to decide to be part of Nigeria or not, get some sense.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by giantstrides(m): 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2015
Gaborone:

lol. Yes, they said...because they are enlightened enough to say. Moreso, I'm proud enough to repeat what they said. No questions asked.

And no, there is no thread on nairaland beyond my capacity. Try say something else to stop me from expressing myself. This one didn't work.

My mummy said ko, my daddy said ni.

E-warrior, have yourself a more meaningful year in 2016.

cheesy

I wish you a meaningful constructive new year in advance,

See you soon.

1 Like

Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by iboboyswag(m): 7:59pm On Dec 31, 2015
Sincere9gerian:

Interesting! And how exactly do you approach the CBN?

This president is actually worse than I thought.

Anyway, the good thing about our current predicament is that even those who voted for and still supports Buhari, who is obviously the most clueless president in my lifetime, would also feel the heat one way or the other, except of course those directly employed by his government.

What are you saying, is it the same people who were given concessions and they misused and misappropriate the privilege to pillage our country?

The same IVM that was given concession under Automotive policy of Gej and he used the opportunity to import vehicle tires in as much as 200 40ft containers, mind you tires were contraband at the time..... Please let us speak the truth for the sake of the development of this country or the curses invoked by a poster before me will befall all the enemies of Nigeria within and without.
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by stzy(m): 11:48pm On Dec 31, 2015
Other countries as d tym of filling this comment are in 2016 n Nigeria is still in 2015.... Na GEJ cause am joor... Mtcheew
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by mikolo80: 3:39am On Jan 01, 2016
ril19:
Your foreign exchange restriction policy is meant to discourage import of goods that can be produced locally. that's good.

Buh one question for you baba; what are you doing to encourage already established businesses within the country?

Take for instance the automobile industry. Local manufacturers like IVM and others need supports, incentives and concessions because such an industry can be a huge employer of labour in the country when fully harnessed. keep trying baba.

#babathinko
I am an innocent supporter but the truth is he is importing not producing. and I don't think restrictions reach his side cos we obviously cannot produce cars yet
Re: Media Chat: The 14 Things Buhari Said by Kingkamal(m): 9:31am On Jan 02, 2016
BlackPeni5:
I admire the president's honesty...He didn't try to sugar coat anything.

But the down side is that, he sounded clueless about many issues. He would need to ask the CBN Governor, He may have missed the programme which exposed his Ministers' involvement in corruption, etc.

The chat also showed that with enough pressure, Buhari can bend (which is evidence that he doesn't have a clear objective) as it relates to his agreement to ban Hijab when pressed by the journalists.

Buhari is a good man, but the Dictator is still strong within him as he doesn't respect the Judiciary. He even made the police look inferior by saying "How can the Police investigate the military when it should be the other way around".

We are in for rough times ahead.
Military have Military Police they have military intelligent (DSS)they have court Marshall they are Organised not a civilian police can investigate Military... Don't speak hates on what you are ignorant of.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uche Nwosu Speaks On Dumping APC For PDP / SARS Victim Presents Photo Of Officer Who Paralysed Him / Ganduje Orders Emergency Allocation Of Land To Kano INEC Officials (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.