Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:22 AM

Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? (37740 Views)

Continuous Detention Of Dasuki, Kanu, Others Wicked, Barbaric – Fani Kayode / Abuja: Igbos Flout Biafra Sit-At-Home Order / Soldiers Seek Trial Of Okonjo-Iweala And Dasuki Over Arms Deal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by DANILSA(m): 12:01am On Jan 01, 2016
They came for Dasuki and I was happy because I am Apc not pdp. he should be killed I yelled.
They came for Kanu and I said let him rot in Jail, am not an ipob member.
They came for El-zakzaky and I rejoiced, sho t the man again I screamed because he was shiite and they said he formed a parallel government.
When Buhari came for me, no court again, the whole country was afraid to talk because he had instilled unwholesome fear in all.
MY TURN TO BE BEHEADED.
Danilsa Prince T.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by discusant: 12:03am On Jan 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Since the pronouncement of Buhari justifying Nnamdi Kanu and Sambo Dasuki's detention, some people have gone public to abuse the President and seeking to score cheap point. Has Buhari or DSS really violated the law in Kanu and Dasuki's trial?

On Nnamdi Kanu's Continuous Detention
Firstly, I want to make some clarification. At no time did any court "free or clear" Mr Nnamdi Kanu of any charge against him. What Justice Ademola of the FHC(Abuja) did was to vacate the order it first granted to DSS to detain Kanu for three months. The court vacated the order on the ground that it was unconstitutional to hold a suspect in detention for more than three months without charging such suspect to court. In the words of the learned judge;

What the DSS simply did was to detain Kanu and file case in court on charges that borders on treason. In other words, Kanu is no longer being detained without trial as it was before. It is left for him to argue his innocence with the judge. If the DSS had breached the court ruling, the judge would have summoned them for contempt.

Did Kanu Really Commit Treason?
What constitute treason in Nigeria? The offence of treason can be found in sections 37 to 49 of the Nigeria criminal code.

According to section 37(1) of the Nigeria criminal code; Any person who levies war against the State, in order to intimidate or overawe the President or the Governor of a State, is guilty of treason, and is liable to the punishment of death. Section 37(2) further stated that Any person conspiring
with any person, either within or without Nigeria, to levy war against the State with intent to cause such levying of war as would be treason if committed by a citizen of Nigeria, is guilty of treason and is liable to the punishment of death:

Through radio biafra, Kanu preached inciting messages and even went as far as soliciting for arms with intent to wage war against the State. This was captured in a video that has gone viral. I think that breached section 37(2) of Nigeria criminal code(in my opinion). It is however left for the judge to make pronouncement.

@Barcanista,

[b]Listen to this:

" I freed some slaves, but could have freed many more only if they knew they were slaves."

You are quoting a constitution supervised by only northern Nigeria soldiers who were carrying machine guns while they supervised the drafters of the constitution.

a constitution that is being contested today by much of southern Nigeria, perhaps excluding those southerners who are not sentient to even understand that they are under enslavement through the 1999 constitution- as amended;

a constitution whose flaws, and refusal of the north for amending the relevant flawed portions, led to renewal of agitation for Biafra;

a constitution drafted after Arewa soldiers restructured Nigeria politically by proliferating a whooping 20 federating units (19 states + Abuja) in once one northern region, but only 17 units (states) in once two southern regions. Fraud!!!

This fraudulent political structure created a super-political class in the far north of Nigeria. The super-political class from the far north of Nigeria can in Nigeria's political process urinate into the mouths of the Barcanisters from Kalabari or Ijaw - and no heavens fall for that.

The Nnamdi Kanus fight against this inequity in Nigeria.

In fact, ignorance is a mental disorder.[/b]

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 12:05am On Jan 01, 2016
refreshrate:

Are you seriously entering the new year with this type of grammar?

As in seriously?
Grammar or not,I have pass the information I wanted. If you are looking for good english you can visit literature section pls.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by anticabal1: 12:06am On Jan 01, 2016
In short, let me make it clear. Treason oh no treason oh. Fulani cannot kill a popular Igbo activist without paying through their nose in full measure. This no be yoruba matter or adaka boro issue. There will be grave repercussions.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by ROYALD(m): 12:09am On Jan 01, 2016
sameer1212:
Dude if I star insulting your and your miserable generations,no cry me river o.

Monkeys and Baboons what is the insult about what your president called you.Please tell me
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 01, 2016
ROYALD:

Monkeys and Baboons what is the insult about what your president called you.Please tell me
Thank your stars am in good mood this afternoon but don't worry,I will definitely get your time some other day

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by kayfra: 12:15am On Jan 01, 2016
anticabal1:
In short, let me make it clear. Treason oh no treason oh. Fulani cannot kill a popular Igbo activist without paying through their nose in full measure. This no be yoruba matter or adaka boro issue. There will be grave repercussions.

Stop making foolish threats. It's shit like this that gets you guys in trouble. The unnecessary braggado with nothing to back it up. Last I checked 8 people have been killed and counting, nobody should be proud of the carnage. But your attitude guarantees more innocent blood will be shed. At some point your brain should supercede your brawn. God made us a higher animal, with higher intellect for a reason, he doesn't want you taking a knife to a gun fight.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by airmark(m): 12:17am On Jan 01, 2016
GIYAZZ:
Please, can you provide the video where Nnamdi KANU was soliticiting for arms?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XU2JtlUF6M

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by discusant: 12:27am On Jan 01, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
Since the pronouncement of Buhari justifying Nnamdi Kanu and Sambo Dasuki's detention, some people have gone public to abuse the President and seeking to score cheap point. Has Buhari or DSS really violated the law in Kanu and Dasuki's trial?

On Nnamdi Kanu's Continuous Detention

Through radio biafra, Kanu preached inciting messages and even went as far as soliciting for arms with intent to wage war against the State. This was captured in a video that has gone viral. I think that breached section 37(2) of Nigeria criminal code(in my opinion). It is however left for the judge to make pronouncement.

You have made your yeo-man's judgement; it is that Kanu committed treason and must be hanged. Stop your trepidation.

For you, an intended armed robber who publicly solicited for arms to rob, but did not eventually commit robbery - the intended robber can be charged, convicted and hanged for armed robbery.

This is an unjust criminal justice system encrypted in the 1999 constitution by your slave drivers to keep you quiet and never go for self-determination.

For example, for an Ijaw or Kalabari country - if the Ijaw does not fare well in Nigeria, Ijaw has a population well over 10 million people. Some small countries today have less than 50,000 population. Ijaw/Kalabari is populous enough to have a country. It is most important for a citizen to be happy in his/her country, not how big or small or rich the country is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by wristbangle: 12:30am On Jan 01, 2016
Very diplomatic article from you tonyebarcanista

Happy new year once again

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by bobosh02(m): 12:30am On Jan 01, 2016
drss:
nobody is heating any polity but d duara man himself. Does buari have evidence dat kanu engaged in terrorism like shekau (buari's friend) Evidence is wat d courts use to detarmine their case. It was because of lack of evidence dat made federal high court threw out d charges leveled against kanu. Buari is doing nothing but vendetta.
wait n see, all dis so call terrorism charges releveled against kanu will be dismissed by d courts as baseless.
who is charging Nnamdi Kanu for terrorism, re u in Nigeria @ all,dnt u know wat *treason* means

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by bolanto24(m): 12:32am On Jan 01, 2016
Tonye seems you're now writing for APC.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by kdfemi(m): 12:34am On Jan 01, 2016
drss:
''baboons n dogs will soak in blood'' Is dat not a treasonable crime
I think u r blinded by ur judgment to c that is simply a metaphorical sentence which can mean a lot and if u insist to follow the actual context meaning are u a baboon or a dog?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by dafuturis(m): 12:45am On Jan 01, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Barca...u dey try o...dis biafrans and ipod hate PMB...they will never see any good in anything he is doing!!!......your salient points are noted..but will be wailing biafrans agree?!!!!!!!

just imagine if Dasuki had been an Igbo man. they would have held Buhari to ransom with their "Buhari hate Igbos". they are yet to provide answers to the questions Buhari asked them on marginalisation.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by FisifunKododada: 12:46am On Jan 01, 2016
vedaxcool:
grin grin Washington post has been acting like santasuki activists who are bent on freeing and clearing him of wrong doing.

cool You mean Washington compost - that useless tabloid calling itself a newspaper.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by ACM10: 12:55am On Jan 01, 2016
It is only in Nigeria that suspect is arrested first before investigation is commenced.

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by dancewith: 12:57am On Jan 01, 2016
It's very disturbing the way we do selective arguments in Nigeria. We can write in support of the indefensible simply because of our political and other leanings and has unwholesome fellowship of like minds even in the face of obvious dishonesty and lies

In the case of Dasuki the judge clearly prohibited all security agencies from rearresting him, a fact that is public and part of the judgement yet Barcanister, in his haste to achive a prejudiced intention, conveniently quoted the portion of the judgment which he seeks to use, knowing full well most people are not going to research this and believe whatever he said to be factual

It is all well and good to prosecute people and uphold the constitution but same must be done within laid down rules and judicial principles. Without some of the reforms introduced in our electoral and political processes by the last administration, I doubt the present government would have been where they are. Under the obasanjo government the chances of an opposition party winning at the centre was almost non existent. We all know how elections conducted then were

The point is we must shun a system where the executive tries to take away the gains we have made as a society and takes us back to the dark ages where political, judicial and clanish success are completely predetermined and controlled by the executive and meted out to those they seek to reward or punish

We the governed should try to be apolitical and demand the government toes the path of the law rather than an illogical display of support even in the face of stone age and draconian tendencies simply because such Present tendencies are targeted at those we hate. There is a reason our forefathers insisted on the courts and laid down processes. If there wasn't such the present government surely won't be where they are now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by EasternLion: 12:57am On Jan 01, 2016
ACM10:
It is only in Nigeria that suspect is arrested first before investigation is commenced.
embarassed
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 12:58am On Jan 01, 2016
Even armed robbers can also rationalize their actions. However, the president has made it clear that it sees no wrong in disobeying court orders it disagrees with. This attempt to amend very clear statements of the president is null and void. A precedence has been set. Paid posters and other nonentities are entitled to their personal opinions.

Meanwhile, if the state has any solid evidence against Kanu, why wasn't it presented to the courts since he was arrested in October? In spite of the so called evidence of treason being circulated in the social media, Kanu has defeated the government in two occasions in two separate competent courts, reason the president had to resort to self help outside the rule of law. It seems the so called evidence is meant for only the social media.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by espn(m): 1:07am On Jan 01, 2016
kestolove95:
Buhari shud kill dasuki nd free anamdi kanu..na small pikin dey wori am nd buhari as a father shud forgv him
lol I actually love dat..u r a nutty sweet gal for saying that! And wats d Arabic on ur signature..r u a muslim?? Anyway. SALAM..
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by dammytosh: 1:11am On Jan 01, 2016
Who hack Barcanista's account ?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Jesusloveyou: 1:12am On Jan 01, 2016
drss:
duara man need anger management...
Modified: op's write up is a paid article. but wetin concern me.

How can dis article explain d rational behind d continued detention of Kanu despite federal high court judgement how can dis article explain d massacre of shiites n d brutal attack of its leader who's where abouts is unknown
how can dis article absolved buari from libel by assuming himself as d prosecutor n a judge
how can dis article explain d rational behind d arrest of dopkesi on d charges of accepting moni from dasuki (for a contract which he dully executed) when femi adesina, who is d current media adviser to bauri, also collected moni from same dasuki when he was editior of sun news papers is dis not selective justice
selective judgement in ur village

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Nobody: 1:14am On Jan 01, 2016
This thread only goes to show that Biafrans aren't a reasonable lot. The OP is explanatory enough, you can counter logically or shut up.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by FisifunKododada: 1:21am On Jan 01, 2016
Eluwilussit:

Why do you want him to rot in jail? It doesn't look like Nigerians like Igbos that much. Why not let the "Igbos" go? What's the big deal? I don't understand Nigerians one bit.

cool The penalty for treason is death. Rot in jail is lenient in comparison. Get it?

2 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by FisifunKododada: 1:24am On Jan 01, 2016
cool Nnamdi Kanu: "...If we don't have biafra EVERYBODY will die."

5 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by VirginFinder: 1:24am On Jan 01, 2016
The courts can attempt to humiliate PMB by releasing Kanu "unconditionally" and granting Dasuki bail again and again.

It'll be interesting how this drama ends.

The executive and judiciary are on an ego trip!

@OP
I love to see you wail! You are neither Yoruba nor northerner. Don't comment like most of us. Please wail!!!!!!!

The truth remains that PMB is disobeying court orders in these 2 instances either rightly or wrongly.This is not good for our democracy.
But then, the judiciary too should act rationally and sometimes emotionally so that they don't leave the executive with bad options most of the time.

2 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by freshvine(f): 1:25am On Jan 01, 2016
Nigeria is one hell hole. A place where the fundamental human rights and privileges is being trampled with reckless abandon.

This guy kanu has been tormenting the Nigeria state with his ideology on United Nations bill of charter on self emancipation of his people and when he was arrested by his oppressors the said government that has been hunting for him couldn't Trump up charges.

What kind of ineptitude and executive recklessness is this? Can the FBI behave in unprofessional manner like the DSS?

How could a president make undemocratic but idiotic remarks on a legal matters when he's not even the judge? How can a democratic elected president turns a despot to be a prosecutor, judge and jury and already already passed judgment of guilt to a case not yet heard by a competent court of jurisdiction yet he's been applauded by suppose educated people.

It's a shame.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by FisifunKododada: 1:26am On Jan 01, 2016
discusant:

@Barcanista,

[b]Listen to this:

" I freed some slaves, but could have freed many more only if they knew they were slaves."

You are quoting a constitution supervised by only northern Nigeria soldiers who were carrying machine guns while they supervised the drafters of the constitution.

a constitution that is being contested today by much of southern Nigeria, perhaps excluding those southerners who are not sentient to even understand that they are under enslavement through the 1999 constitution- as amended;

a constitution whose flaws, and refusal of the north for amending the relevant flawed portions, led to renewal of agitation for Biafra;

a constitution drafted after Arewa soldiers restructured Nigeria politically by proliferating a whooping 20 federating units (19 states + Abuja) in once one northern region, but only 17 units (states) in once two southern regions. Fraud!!!

This fraudulent political structure created a super-political class in the far north of Nigeria. The super-political class from the far north of Nigeria can in Nigeria's political process urinate into the mouths of the Barcanisters from Kalabari or Ijaw - and no heavens fall for that.

The Nnamdi Kanus fight against this inequity in Nigeria.

In fact, ignorance is a mental disorder.[/b]

cool Mumu - anywhere in the world, soliciting for arms and ammunition to fight your government is treason. This has NOTHING to do with Northerners and Southerners.

7 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Lilswaghanxum(m): 1:27am On Jan 01, 2016
Why the constant attack of Igbo's on NL I don't get it. With what the president said in his media chat,which he the president doesn't see anything wrong in disobeying court order. I think a precedence has been set. How true is the rumour,about the DSS given Kanu a document to sign.

1 Like

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by Lilswaghanxum(m): 1:28am On Jan 01, 2016
Why the constant attack of Igbo's on NL I don't get it. With what the president said in his media chat,which he the president doesn't see anything wrong in disobeying court order. I think a precedence has been set. How true is the rumour,about the DSS given Kanu a document telling him to forget the Biafra struggle.
Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by FisifunKododada: 1:29am On Jan 01, 2016
kayfra:

Stop making foolish threats. It's shit like this that gets you guys in trouble. The unnecessary bragado with nothing to back it up. Last I checked 8 people have been killed and counting, nobody should be proud of the carnage. But your attitude guarantees more innocent blood will be shed. At some point your brain should supercede your brawn. God made us a higher animal, with higher intellect for a reason, he doesn't want you taking a knife to a gun fight.

cool My guy, if you are expecting an IPOB youth to display intelligence...then you are on a looooooooooooooong thing. Don't waste your time.

4 Likes

Re: Continuous Detention Of Nnamdi Kanu And Dasuki: Did FG Flout Any Law? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:32am On Jan 01, 2016
musicwriter:

This is the most biased thing you've ever posted on Nairaland.

What's more treasonable than the people who said they'll "make the country ungovernable", a threat made and carried out against Jonathan?. As far as you're concerned Buhari and co didn't commit treason?.

The judge couldn't entertain the case cause he could see a clear violation of the suspect's rights.

And you don't understand the danger it posses to all of us?. Release and re-arrest is a loophole any law enforcement authority can exploit to keep anybody in prison FOREVER, if we don't demand total compliance to rule of law.

The DSS is simply abusing the power vested on them by our constitution. Of course, Buhari who still see himself as a military ruler encourage this. Apparently, the president don't know the difference between military rule and democratic rule.

Even the police can keep YOU in detention forever using this loophole. All they have to do is prepare several allegations again YOU, and present them one after the other. If you're released for the first allegation, you'll be allowed to leave but re-arrested in front of the police station. Is that what YOU want?
How come the evil PDP, rather than charge Lawal Kaita for making the statement of making the country ungovernable, chose to accuse Buhari of making the statement?

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Edo Decides: Obaseki (APC) Won The Debates-Channels tv polls & nations Newspaper / Abducted Rann Nurse Becomes Boko Haram Member, Sends Warning Whatsapp Message / Nigeria's Squadron Of Mil Mi-35M Gunship Attack Helicopters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.