Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,837 members, 7,810,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:30 AM

Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? (86625 Views)

Nigerian State Bans Consumption Of Coke, Fanta, Sprite At Its Events / Nigerians Still Drinking Fanta And Sprite After High Court Ruling? - CNN Polls / Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I love fanta and also dat drink called CRUCH back then.
#memories
it's called "CRUSH" the best orange drink ever, there are other old drinks also like Afri-cola, Dr pepper, Pepsi-cola, Tandi gurana, Parley Soda.... even though I'm in my late twenties, I was quite exposed to a lot of stuffs in the eighties and nineties cool Sunday Rendevous angry grin that yellow compere grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by emeijeh(m): 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
rezzy:

We used to sing one song from the advert

Parle soda good for the body....

Parley soda is my kind of drink
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by AreTheyBitches(m): 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
philGeo:
I drink them.

grin grin grin
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by onadana: 6:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
coolThose sweet innocent days.Those days of plenty and abundance....oh our leaders....may God visit you and your generations with plagues.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by xtervaganza(m): 6:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I love fanta and also dat drink called CRUSH back then.
#memories
Crush not cruch

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Alezy(m): 6:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
The good old days grin
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by eddy1212(m): 6:24pm On Jan 07, 2016
ginger ale was nice
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by BobUg28(m): 6:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
Wow! The good old days..and it tastes better then.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by egee(m): 6:27pm On Jan 07, 2016
Good old days
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Plus234(m): 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
are saying that there is no crush drink in Nigeria now ?
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Ladiva: 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
Morhziez:
Yes The ginger ale was my favourite..i was 49years then.. thank God am 16years now!!

The curious case of Benjamin Button cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jan 07, 2016
nuelzy:
did u know fanta use to have different flavours like...

"GINGER ALE" and "TONIC WATER" ??

well...there is this room my dad neva opened since i was a kid...out of fear dat d room myt contain hideous stuffs..i forced my dad to open it dis xmas...he did..

bt den d room only contained alot of his old stuffs...his #450 yahama Generator...his olden days boxes..clothes..shoes and alot of old stuffs i neva knew dey existed that he bought at ridiculous prices grin... well these fanta bottles caught my attention..neva knew fanta use to be like that...

well..

did anyone here taste those flavours...??

hw did it taste..?? xpecially d ginger ale..

"...Ahem!! if u tasted dis drink and u are still claiming 18..ur case is worst dan Ebola" grin

They still sell all flavors in other countries except your Nigeria. All these multinational companies know that Nigerians are follow-follow that is why they give you people popular demand (coke).
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by arabaribiti(m): 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
Abegi upload tandi bottle also I love their advert more than anything anybody that can sing advert of tandi will get a card from me

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by teebaxy(m): 6:30pm On Jan 07, 2016
Adaure4ever:
#memories
what of Dr peepee
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by 18wheeler: 6:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
TOPCRUISE:
CRUCH KE! DO YOU MEAN ALOMO BITTERS
LOL. I'm sure he meant crush. there was an orange drink 'crush' then.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jan 07, 2016
nuelzy:
did u know fanta use to have different flavours like...

"GINGER ALE" and "TONIC WATER" ??

well...there is this room my dad neva opened since i was a kid...out of fear dat d room myt contain hideous stuffs..i forced my dad to open it dis xmas...he did..

bt den d room only contained alot of his old stuffs...his #450 yahama Generator...his olden days boxes..clothes..shoes and alot of old stuffs i neva knew dey existed that he bought at ridiculous prices grin... well these fanta bottles caught my attention..neva knew fanta use to be like that...

well..

did anyone here taste those flavours...??

hw did it taste..?? xpecially d ginger ale..

"...Ahem!! if u tasted dis drink and u are still claiming 18..ur case is worst dan Ebola" grin
I tasted everything because that is what we sell back then, so that means am older than you.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Okemmuo(m): 6:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
Truly...I drank from dis,but by then it was only festivities and it used to be 3 persons to one bottle... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
No one's really answered your question. I'm 24, I don't remember taking Ginger ale, but I remember Tonic and the normal "yellow fanata". The Tonic just be like Soda water.... Kids never liked it.... The worst they could do for a kid then was give he or she soda water at a party. However the elderly ones liked the Tonic.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by arabaribiti(m): 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
penisilin:
it's called "CRUSH" the best orange drink ever, there are other old drinks also like Afri-cola, Dr pepper, Pepsi-cola, Tandi gurana, Parley Soda.... even though I'm in my late twenties, I was quite exposed to a lot of stuffs in the eighties and nineties cool Sunday Rendevous angry grin that yellow compere grin

This guy don old what of soda water bro mukala onisiga favourite drink
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
Aminat508:
angry I don't know them.. ..

Btw Ginger Ale, sound like alcohol nah angry
no is not, but has quine which is believed to cure malaria.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
Aminat508:
angry I don't know them.. ..
Btw Ginger Ale, sound like alcohol nah angry

No alcohol but it had a lot of quinine , used to be my favourite drink.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by nuelzy: 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
vfactor:

U na pikin na. Those drinks were still sold even till mid 90s. There re also soda water and bitter lemon
I cant just imagine what d ginger Ale tastes like
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by arabaribiti(m): 6:37pm On Jan 07, 2016
ProfTPE:
No one's really answered your question. I'm 24, I don't remember taking Ginger ale, but I remember Tonic and the normal "yellow fanata". The Tonic just be like Soda water.... Kids never liked it.... The worst they could do for a kid then was give he or she soda water at a party. However the elderly ones liked the Tonic.

Egbon agba ni yin
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by NICOGRAVITY: 6:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
cruzita:
I know about those drinks and I even drank them but I am not old.I'm barely 18
It's very possible you drank from them. I still remember the production going on in the Eastern and Northern parts of Nigeria after most cities stopped having them.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
emeijeh:

Its called Crush

Nairaland has really got many kids as members. It means Op doesn't even know drinks like Canada dry and Gold Spot aka the Zing thing. Oh dat advert is still very fresh in my head #1990

#80skidsrock!

that is for ladies, I play with it, but still not married am a man sha.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Marriott1980(m): 6:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
Adaure4ever:
#memories

funniest thing is we still have Crush here in America, even Dr pepper. How i wish they can be sold again in Nigeria.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Marriott1980(m): 6:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
i remember using Krest bitter lemon to take my malaria drugs cos i cant use water or else i will vomit. Men i don old small o. Who also remember ZIT. if you know dont know ZIT them i am your ancestor. GBAM

2 Likes

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by nuelzy: 6:46pm On Jan 07, 2016
dancok:
I tasted everything because that is what we sell back then, so that means am older than you.
nawa o...would have loved to taste dem... they look sexy grin
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by damilove(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
cruzita:
Liar Liar pants on fire grin
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Temmytea70(m): 6:49pm On Jan 07, 2016
ellahzy:
I saw those bottles but I didn't drink from it.
chai... .. U miss big tym
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by coolh3ad(m): 6:52pm On Jan 07, 2016
cruzita:

I change ur name from today to "Misz LINUS".....You can lieeeeee!!!!
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by datigbogirl: 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
opey112:
Tandi guarana nko
Pali Soda is my kind of drink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Jollof Rice Was Served In A Party (pics) / Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions / Pictures of Giant Manta Ray Fish Caught Near Bonny Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.