Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,711 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? (86683 Views)

Nigerian State Bans Consumption Of Coke, Fanta, Sprite At Its Events / Nigerians Still Drinking Fanta And Sprite After High Court Ruling? - CNN Polls / Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by klassic(m): 8:42pm On Jan 07, 2016
You forget to mention Krest, limca n gold.. Something can't remember the name was Fanta look alike n sold for 10kobo or so. Not forgetting the old coke bottle u could crack kernel with. cheesy

sonnie10:

You forgot Green Sans Sandy (in green bottle, that is why agboros call twenty Naira "Sandy" because it is also green). Others are Canada Dry and Inter-Soft ( that is why soda is called soft drink in most part of Nigeria). Oro is another one but not so popular, 7-up took their market. Then Swaps came but because smokers were using it to flush their throat, it was not kids friendly. I wish they could come up with something like Tongo again because the taste was just unique. Least I forgot, do they still have bitter lemon? They told us it has no sugar but not until they were required to list the content on the bottle that we knew the truth.

Indomie generation please forgive my insensitivity, I know you are lost.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by placeofallure(f): 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
abumeinben:
grin grin

Years of crush, Dr Pepper, Pepsi Cola, Mirinda (aaaahhhh)
Plus Afrikola, Parle Soda, Randi Guarana, Limca, Goldspot and more.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by old2boy(m): 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
every 'mixed' crate of fanta then had about 3 bottles of the zingy ginger ale and 2 bottles of the bitter quine tasting tonic water.
No need guessing which was the last bottle to be opened.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by placeofallure(f): 8:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
abumeinben:
grin grin

Plus Afrikola, Parle Soda, Tandi Guarana, Limca, Goldspot and more.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Otota1(m): 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
Somebody actually told me I got gray hairs today.....so it means this drinks I used to drink then are antiquities...hahahahah
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by santos876(m): 8:44pm On Jan 07, 2016
cruzita:
I know about those drinks and I even drank them but I am not old.I'm barely 18
u go still dey 18 by nzt year too...,every year 18
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by kakaG: 8:50pm On Jan 07, 2016
When fanta was in form
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by FunadoysKitchen(f): 8:52pm On Jan 07, 2016
grin grin angry grin angry grin grin
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by ikkkkk: 8:57pm On Jan 07, 2016
I liked ginger ale better than any drink then. It had a very unique taste.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by dom(m): 9:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
That tonic water was so bitter that we called it "fanta quinine". Tear inducing nostalgia.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Generalkorex(m): 9:05pm On Jan 07, 2016
Dr pepper was my fav.I drank frm d bottle too.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by chuksnonny(m): 9:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
madridguy:
Ancient days Fanta.
end time nko?
ooops
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by sam90s(m): 9:21pm On Jan 07, 2016
Those bottles should feature in the next instalment of pirate of the caribbean
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Bishop(m): 9:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
I loved the Ginger Ale...... grin
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by ibkgab001: 9:28pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ginger Ale sweet .....
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by frank043(m): 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
cruzita:

Whether you drank them from that old bottle or you drank them from a plastic cup or you drank them from a feeding bottle, or you drank them from a geepee tank, my sister, you are above thirty, stop claiming an age you obviously aint.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by cybriz82(m): 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
D tonic water is a no no at all.only smoker do tek it back den.d ginger taste better bt bk den we no like am cus no much sugar.dis fanta bk den wz 1naira50kobo..n den 2naira den jump to 3naira.4rm 3naira to 6naira.n 2day is a diffrent story...I remember bk den in sch our teacher used share 3bottles of fanta to 35student..mix with water in a big bucket.n we student too go dey hapi deyy leak tongue.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by emyjay2015: 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
O boy I drink all of them oooo. Chai good old days. Thank God for coming this far
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Vomm: 9:38pm On Jan 07, 2016
Between you and cruzita, I don't know who lie pass but believe me the combination of una lies go fit break Nigeria into 36 Countries such that Maxi Kanu wud not need all these torturing he is undergoing presently
hotdi:
I drank it too, it contains alcohol then grin
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by ojnnaco(m): 9:41pm On Jan 07, 2016
if its now.. it could have been referred to as End time bottle
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by nefertitiram: 9:43pm On Jan 07, 2016
rezzy:

We used to sing one song from the advert

Parle soda good for the body....

Parle soda mixes so weeeeellll!
Parle Soda is so refreshing, Parle soda is my kind of drink.

All you need is a drink limca, lime and lemony drink limca.

Whenever there is thirst there's always the real thing. Coca cola is always the one, when the holidays come along there's always coca cola yeah!
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by IchieDi(m): 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
Crush was sold for #12 naira then wen naija was still alive
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by bigfrancis21: 9:47pm On Jan 07, 2016
nuelzy:
did u know fanta use to have different flavours like...

"GINGER ALE" and "TONIC WATER" ??

well...there is this room my dad neva opened since i was a kid...out of fear dat d room myt contain hideous stuffs..i forced my dad to open it dis xmas...he did..

bt den d room only contained alot of his old stuffs...his #450 yahama Generator...his olden days boxes..clothes..shoes and alot of old stuffs i neva knew dey existed that he bought at ridiculous prices grin... well these fanta bottles caught my attention..neva knew fanta use to be like that...

well..

did anyone here taste those flavours...??

hw did it taste..?? xpecially d ginger ale..

"...Ahem!! if u tasted dis drink and u are still claiming 18..ur case is worst dan Ebola" grin

Yea, I remember seeing those bottles growing up. They used to be popular up till the early 90s.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by slam7000(m): 9:52pm On Jan 07, 2016
englishmart:
those days when oly the rich take minerals

Then it's only xmas or festive periods that i take them

I remember you. You were at my friends birthday. I saw you and your five other siblings sharing a bottle of Fanta. As the youngest normally, your share was left in the bottle and you spent all day drinking it.

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by rukky2000(f): 10:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
penisilin:
it's called "CRUSH" the best orange drink ever, there are other old drinks also like Afri-cola, Dr pepper, Pepsi-cola, Tandi gurana, Parley Soda.... even though I'm in my late twenties, I was quite exposed to a lot of stuffs in the eighties and nineties cool Sunday Rendevous angry grin that yellow compere grin
it's really amazing when I flash back down d memory lane! Sunday rendezvous. thanx penisilin

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Joevics(m): 10:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
cruzita:
football age
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
abumeinben:
grin grin

The good old days are gone,never to return.

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by lollyberry: 10:23pm On Jan 07, 2016
End time Fanta
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by adorablevic: 10:25pm On Jan 07, 2016
DJBIGGY:
used it for my first birthday... any nairalander who has not seen this bottle should address some of us as uncle ooo grin
u don old oo
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Jabioro: 10:26pm On Jan 07, 2016
hotdi:
I drank it too, it contains alcohol then grin
You lie die !
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by xklucvG: 10:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
I saw and drank them all there was even fanta soda water. There was Krest lemon, Gold Sport, Canada Dry, OLO, and so many others. Then coca cola use to be in 28cl bottle.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Dinhoo: 10:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
nuelzy:
did u know fanta use to have different flavours like...

"GINGER ALE" and "TONIC WATER" ??

well...there is this room my dad neva opened since i was a kid...out of fear dat d room myt contain hideous stuffs..i forced my dad to open it dis xmas...he did..

bt den d room only contained alot of his old stuffs...his #450 yahama Generator...his olden days boxes..clothes..shoes and alot of old stuffs i neva knew dey existed that he bought at ridiculous prices grin... well these fanta bottles caught my attention..neva knew fanta use to be like that...

well..

did anyone here taste those flavours...??

hw did it taste..?? xpecially d ginger ale..

"...Ahem!! if u tasted dis drink and u are still claiming 18..ur case is worst dan Ebola" grin
Wey TANDY now?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Jollof Rice Was Served In A Party (pics) / Pictures of Giant Manta Ray Fish Caught Near Bonny Island / Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.