Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? (86624 Views)

Nigerian State Bans Consumption Of Coke, Fanta, Sprite At Its Events / Nigerians Still Drinking Fanta And Sprite After High Court Ruling? - CNN Polls / Benzoic Acid: Important Information About The Substance In Fanta, Sprite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by datigbogirl: 6:54pm On Jan 07, 2016
opey112:
Tandi guarana nko
Pali Soda is my kind of drink
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
cruzita:
I know about those drinks and I even drank them but I am not old.I'm barely 18
Lie Mohammed
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
I remember how we used to drink them during Christmas. They used to complete the table for the birthday cake photographs back then. Mirinda and Fanta where my favorite right from when i was a kid due to their sugar content.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Omeny: 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
This bottles are not so Old as the poster want us to see them nau!

This is the immediate bottles coca-cola did away with and came up with this current bottles now as part of their market fight and strategy!

Is like seeing the Super Eagles Jersey to Brazil 2014 and the current one now! Are you gonna say the one of 2014 is now ancient?
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by flyingdutchman(m): 6:56pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ginger Ale was my favourite. It tasted like Peppered Sprite. It also had a refreshing taste, not to mention the foam it made when spilled. They also came with Chapman

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by sonnie10: 6:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
penisilin:
it's called "CRUSH" the best orange drink ever, there are other old drinks also like Afri-cola, Dr pepper, Pepsi-cola, Tandi gurana, Parley Soda.... even though I'm in my late twenties, I was quite exposed to a lot of stuffs in the eighties and nineties cool Sunday Rendevous angry grin that yellow compere grin

You forgot Green Sans Sandy (in green bottle, that is why agboros call twenty Naira "Sandy" because it is also green). Others are Canada Dry and Inter-Soft ( that is why soda is called soft drink in most part of Nigeria). Oro is another one but not so popular, 7-up took their market. Then Swaps came but because smokers were using it to flush their throat, it was not kids friendly. I wish they could come up with something like Tongo again because the taste was just unique. Least I forgot, do they still have bitter lemon? They told us it has no sugar but not until they were required to list the content on the bottle that we knew the truth.

Indomie generation please forgive my insensitivity, I know you are lost.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by mimicious(f): 7:01pm On Jan 07, 2016
nuelzy:
ur lie can move mountains

I think she drank it through breast milk
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
Ahem!! if u tasted dis drink and u are still claiming 18..ur case is worst dan Ebola" grin

cheesy cheesy pls im 11 yrs old. And i tasted that grin
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by LouisVanGaal(m): 7:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
Adaure4ever:
I love fanta and also dat drink called CRUSH back then.
#memories
I loved crush to the moon and back!
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by bidemi12(m): 7:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
Fanta ginger ale. Boys used to it in excess in their rooms. Apparently after sex, babes would drink it and supposedly it could prevent pregnancy. Lol...good times.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jan 07, 2016
nuelzy:
I cant just imagine what d ginger Ale tastes like

It tastes like ginger ale...lol
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by nuelzy: 7:17pm On Jan 07, 2016
mimicious:

I think she drank it through breast milk
gringrin
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by simpleseyi: 7:19pm On Jan 07, 2016
cruzita:

You have finally taken the Guinness Book of Record Award of Liar of the Century from Lie Mohammed.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 07, 2016
emeijeh:

Its called Crush

Nairaland has really got many kids as members. It means Op doesn't even know drinks like Canada dry and Gold Spot aka the Zing thing. Oh dat advert is still very fresh in my head #1990

#80skidsrock!

I played with that. I'm just 20.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 07, 2016
Aminat508:
angry I don't know them.. ..

Btw Ginger Ale, sound like alcohol nah angry

It was non-alcoholic.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
tofolo:
One was called Brahma Guarana.

the natural one....
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by blackb2(m): 7:33pm On Jan 07, 2016
I drink and drank those flavours...
If you did same nd still claim 24, you need medical check up(s) cheesy

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Ecoterrorism(f): 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
emeijeh:

Its called Crush

Nairaland has really got many kids as members. It means Op doesn't even know drinks like Canada dry and Gold Spot aka the Zing thing. Oh dat advert is still very fresh in my head #1990

#80skidsrock!

why are you reminding me of my days of. Yonder, I remember how. Coke was shared in birthday parties. Five or six kids will be given a bottle of coke to share

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by teebee22(f): 7:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
emeijeh:

Its called Crush

#80skidsrock!

and limca, soda water etc with that limca advert on T.v. ta la la la la limca grin
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Jan 07, 2016
comradeodunze:
Wey Fanta chapman, dat wan wey red like ...sotey peeps fear to drink am grin

Briefly introduced in the 1990's....very refreshing.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Exxit(m): 7:55pm On Jan 07, 2016
englishmart:
those days when oly the rich take minerals

Then it's only xmas or festive periods that i take them
minerals?? or soft drinks? your handle does not define you at all.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by BeauHomme: 7:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
Yeah. Saw them, drank them. There was also Fanta Club Soda. It was when Nigerian Breweries revived Schweppes and Crush in the mid-1990s that these Fanta brands began disappearing. Guess they couldn't stand the competition.

So...yeah. Saw them, drank them...and I'm barely 16 gringrin

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Profitsng(m): 7:58pm On Jan 07, 2016
Like seriously,
I know.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Rayd502(m): 8:00pm On Jan 07, 2016
Morhziez:
Yes The ginger ale was my favourite..i was 49years then.. thank God am 16years now!!
The curious case of Morhziez...
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Achilies(m): 8:02pm On Jan 07, 2016
Oh God I have old oooo cry cry
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Stylaay(m): 8:03pm On Jan 07, 2016
emeijeh:

Its called Crush

#80skidsrock!

Honestly bro. The good old days we don old o. I need go Shiloh as I nefa marry
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by dejonathan(f): 8:08pm On Jan 07, 2016
abumeinben:
grin grin

Years of crush, Dr Pepper, Pepsi Cola, Mirinda (aaaahhhh)
LOL remember Afri Cola...Dr Pepper Is My Mum's Favourite Sha

1 Like

Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Jolumania432(m): 8:11pm On Jan 07, 2016
cruzita:
Your Lie Fit Wake Dead Body
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by nigeriancuban: 8:16pm On Jan 07, 2016
hmm I remember doing my birthday with that fanta bottle,the taste was gr8t then not the sugar diluted ones we have now
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Lovelynature(m): 8:34pm On Jan 07, 2016
ellahzy:
I saw those bottles but I didn't drink from it.
same here
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by chinae(m): 8:35pm On Jan 07, 2016
ginger al nd tonic; dat year.
Re: Did You Know That Fanta Use To Be Like This?? by Adortem: 8:39pm On Jan 07, 2016
englishmart:
those days when oly the rich take minerals

Then it's only xmas or festive periods that i take them
So true... grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Jollof Rice Was Served In A Party (pics) / Man Kills Monkey That Looks Like Human Being In Port Harcout. See Reactions / Pictures of Giant Manta Ray Fish Caught Near Bonny Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.