Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,378 members, 7,864,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:20 AM

Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? (4973 Views)

APC, A Ruling Party In Opposition - PDP / Two Brave Yoruba Men Standing Firm In Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? by vayne(m): 12:28am On Jan 09, 2016
scholes0:

Well, that one state is more inpirtant than all your eastern states put together , and there wull still be jara left.
Yes, we are from Lagos, leave us alone.
Hehehehe,una never see anything!
That's my new yr resolution,pikin wey say Im mama no go sleep,im too no go sleep!

1 Like

Re: Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? by Weedcrusher: 1:04am On Jan 09, 2016
I have told my yoruba folks times without number not to engage in petty argument these people from east of naija, they are attention seekers. Slap them with facts and see them mellow out. To answer your question idi.ot OP, if you saying we are in opposition also means having the vice president, senate president, deputy speaker, minister of finance and minister of works, housing and power then we are happy to be in opposition.
Just to slap you with some facts, when democracy returned in 1999, all tribes in nigeria be it major or minor have the same level playing ground. It is obvious the igbos have played their cards terribly wrong because none of the 6 eastern states governors in 1999 namely Orji Kalu (Abia), Chinweoke Mbadinuju (Anambra), Chimroke Nnamani (Enugu), Achike Udenwa (Imo) and Sam Egwu (Ebonyi) remain relevant in Nigeria politics now. I repeat NONE. In 1999, Tinubu was just a not too experienced politian, now he has political protege has governors, vice president and ministers. In that same 1999, Goodluck Jonathan and Umaru Yar'adua were naive politicians that just left lecturing jobs to become deputy governor and governor. Both of them by playing their political cards smartly eventually became president for 3 and 5 years respectively.
Just a breakdown: In the last 17 years of democratic rule;
Yoruba: President - 8 years (Obasanjo); Vice President - 1 year (Osinbajo)

Hausa/Fulani: President - 4 years (Yar'adua 3, Buhari 1); Vice president - 13 years (Atiku 8, Sambo 5)

Ijaw: President - 5 years (Goodluck); Vice president - 3 years (Goodluck).

Sad enough, the future looks bleak for the igbos because as usual, they have played their political cards wrong yet again. As a matter of fact, the igbos are not likely to become president earlier than 2039 because, Hausa/Fulani who rule till 2023, then power shifts to south. Yorubas having played their political cards smartly will rule again with either of these 3 prospective candidates of Fashola, Osinbajo or Saraki. The power will move back to the north for another 8 years before coming back to south in 2039. If the igbos become smart by then, their candidature can be considered. We know they will cry marginalization and discrimination during this period, but we shall let them know that we have heard that before grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? by EasternActivist: 2:04am On Jan 09, 2016
[s]
Weedcrusher:
I have told my yoruba folks times without number not to engage in petty argument these people from east of naija, they are attention seekers. Slap them with facts and see them mellow out. To answer your question idi.ot OP, you saying we are in opposition also means having the vice president, senate president, deputy speaker, minister of finance and minister of works, housing and power then we are happy to be in opposition.
Just to slap you with some facts, when democracy returned in 1999, all tribes in nigeria be it major or minor have the same level playing ground. It is obvious the igbos have played their cards terribly wrong because none of the 6 eastern states governors in 1999 namely Orji Kalu (Abia), Chinweoke Mbadinuju (Anambra), Chimroke Nnamani (Enugu), Achike Udenwa (Imo) and Sam Egwu (Ebonyi) remain relevant in Nigeria politics now. I repeat NONE. In 1999, Tinubu was just a not too experienced politian, now he has political protege has governors, vice president and ministers. In that same 1999, Goodluck Jonathan and Umaru Yar'adua were naive politicians that just left lecturing jobs to become deputy governor and governor. Both of them by playing their political cards smartly eventually became president for 3 and 5 years respectively.
Just a breakdown: In the last 17 years of democratic rule;
Yoruba: President - 8 years (Obasanjo); Vice President - 1 year (Osinbajo)

Hausa/Fulani: President - 4 years (Yar'adua 3, Buhari 1); Vice president - 13 years (Atiku 8, Sambo 5)

Ijaw: President - 5 years (Goodluck); Vice president - 3 years (Goodluck).

Sad enough, the future looks bleak for the igbos because as usual, they have played their political cards wrong yet again. As a matter of fact, the igbos are not likely to become president earlier than 2039 because, Hausa/Fulani who rule till 2023, then power shifts to south. Yorubas having played their political cards smartly will rule again with either of these 3 prospective candidates of Fashola, Osinbajo or Saraki. The power will move back to the north for another 8 years before coming back to south in 2039. If the igbos become smart by then, their candidature can be considered. We know they will cry marginalization and discrimination during this period, but we shall let them know that we have heard that before grin
[/s]

And this is what you called fact?
Absolute rubbish. Though I love the way you fantasize so deeply.
Sufferisticated people my ass

Always playing opposition in every regime... Haba.
Yet no one has tackled the point of argument.
You lofts are just here misyarning like empty heads. Making the loudest noise.

As for the person I quote... You too misyarn grin
Re: Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? by Weedcrusher: 2:22am On Jan 09, 2016
EasternActivist:
[s][/s]

And this is what you called fact?
Absolute rubbish. Though I love the way you fantasize so deeply.
Sufferisticated people my ass

Always playing opposition in every regime... Haba.
Yet no one has tackled the point of argument.
You lofts are just here misyarning like empty heads. Making the loudest noise.

As for the person I quote... You too misyarn grin

How is the Yorubas that have one of the most significant stake in this administration playing opposition. Or do you not know the meaning of opposition? There is no argument here.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? by Rolings: 3:22am On Jan 09, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Its amazing the way ibos reason,these same ibos that just few days ago their farms were destroyed by Fulanis?,the ibos whose sisters and mothers are regularly raped by the herders,who have their lands colonized by Nupes,who are insulted by Ijaws,who are flogged by the Yorubas,these ibos that are referred to as 3rd class citizens.You are slaves to Nigeria,and you know it.You better go nd join your fellow slaves in their protests.

Chai you wicked ooooo bros, see as you finish a whole race of flat heads. One of the fools even mentioned use and dump, didn't obj used the ibos to form his government and later dumped them ? Even when power shifted southward after Umya was an ijaw man not chosen over ibos?
Joe igbokwe has said it that if ibos want power that should learn how to play opposition politics . Op the YORUBAS are no longer in opposition they are now in power while ibos and pdp yorubas remain in opposition.
Re: Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? by eazisky(m): 3:46am On Jan 09, 2016
Eshinwaju:

Illiterate...it's spelt 'dumped' not 'dumbed'... grin

Mumu is that all u have to say?

1 Like

Re: Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? by loopman: 3:52am On Jan 09, 2016
Very useless thread.
PDP just didn't steal most of the future of these youths, the party stole their brains too
Re: Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? by Liberty101: 6:14am On Jan 09, 2016
So you people do wake up as early as 3am, Log in to nairaland and start insulting each other. Nawa ooo this one us strong. Though the insult de sweet sometimes but it doesn't make sense at all. So my fellow Umunnem and omo Yoruba's is it not time to drop the insult hurled at each other and move ourselves and various tribe forward. Why would you spend your hard earned money to buy megabytes only to come on nairaland and start insulting the opposite tribe. Whether you are Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Ijaw, Fulani, Efik, Nupe, We are all one the only difference is our language and culture. We are still the same "black man" from Africa. Let's drop the bigotry my people it doesn't pay. How can you guys use one person or few persons to judge an entire tribe of millions of people, using the likes of Ojukwu to judge the whole Igbo tribe or using the likes of Awolowo to judge the whole tribe of Yoruba people, there is no sense in it guys. Let's say no to hatred and tribalism.
#my opinion
#saynototribalism
#liberty
Re: Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? by yetunsbay(m): 7:12am On Jan 09, 2016
EasternActivist:

Opposition is never a good thing, it shows how irrelevant the Yoruba's are in the political scheme.

And what about the Yoruba culture of getting used and dumped? grin

Even in OBJ regime Yoruba's played opposition as the Igbo's sustained the tempo.

Chai
in same vein Igbos will still be complaining of marginalisation
Re: Why Are Majority Of Yoruba Politicians Always In Opposition? by Fumbaby: 7:40am On Jan 09, 2016
What is this 3rd class citizen AKA nigeria slaves saying? LOL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

We’ve Located Abducted Chibok Girls – Defence Chief / Senator Abaribe Shouldn't Me My Igbo Heritage-chibuike Amaechi(min Of Transport) / Enugu To Host Osinbajo On Entrepreneurship Programme On Tuesday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.