Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls (14590 Views)

Kogi Polls: Police Uncover Plan To Dress Thugs In Police Uniform / Aregbesola Wins Yoruba Living Legend Award and other awards / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Emperoh(m): 3:16pm On Jun 18, 2009
Tk
I a not shooting anyone down. . . i won't and will not
But i just think our level of reasoning ought to change a bit. . . .  .in any case i will love to know the criteria for nomination and eventual winner!!

But if legend is what i know it to be, Adeboye still has some miles to cover. Mind you, this is not a test of popularity.
Heck why is Phillip Emeagwali not nominated and a host of others!!

These are people i consider should be remembered for innovations that add value to human existence and life.
My dear preaching on the pulpit is not enough. Moreso he is only popular amongst his congregation
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
Tk
I a not shooting anyone down. . . i won't and will not
But i just think our level of reasoning ought to change a bit. . . . .in any case i will love to know the criteria for nomination and eventual winner!!

But if legend is what i know it to be, Adeboye still has some miles to cover. Mind you, this is not a test of popularity.
Heck why is Phillip Emeagwali not nominated and a host of others!!

These are people i consider should be remembered for innovations that add value to human existence and life.
My dear preaching on the pulpit is not enough. Moreso he is only popular amongst his congregation
Emeagwali was there last year and i dont think he won

are you saying he'll be nominated every other year? lol

Preaching on the pulpit? i dont know what ure talking about.
Thats what the man does, thats where he got his fame

Kanu got his through his football skills, Gani through his legal runs
so how is that hard to figure?

ol boi, drop the arguement, u cant win
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 3:40pm On Jun 18, 2009
Now that the criminal adeboye has won,let him write the title on the first page of his bible and show his brainwashed flock. . . .*hisses*
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 3:42pm On Jun 18, 2009
Now that the criminal adeboye has won,let him write the title on the first page of his bible and show his brainwashed flock. . . .*hisses*
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by dejiariyo: 3:43pm On Jun 18, 2009
cecegorz:

@phemmy
Here are the criteria they used

''According to Vanguard and Silverbird, the project was borne out of the fact that “for too long in Nigeria, so much emphasis has been placed on materialism and wealth, which in turn has led to the get rich quick syndrome and the erroneous praise of visibly corrupt and irresponsible individuals, a situation that has led to undeserving and unworthy people being bestowed with National Awards while the real heroes of our time, who have contributed selflessly to the upliftment and development of our fatherland have had their achievements gone unnoticed because of the present day celebration of mediocrity and corruption”.

no vote is ever free and fair in nigeria and am not suprised that this was not a true reflection of the nigeria society, one day this man will be also made a prophet.

if the criteria used is anything to go by adeboye does not even fit in, cos he just acquired a jet while most of his congregation are in poverty, this same man had univeristy in his name and not in church name, he does not have any of his son in the so called university and most of his members cant even afford the university.

how can a church university be more expenisve than the govt ones, the missionaries gave education freely to nigerians back in the days and this are the same missionaries that gave us christianity, its a shame
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2009
Now that the criminal adeboye has won,let him write the title on the first page of his bible and wave it to his brainwashed flock. . . .*hisses*
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2009
Nobody there is a legend. Maybe Kanu undecided
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2009
Now that the criminal adeboye has won,let him write the title on the first page of his bible and wave it to his brainwashed flock. . . .*hisses*
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Emperoh(m): 3:52pm On Jun 18, 2009
Tudór:

TK
Now this is what you should be fighting not me!!!

tkb417:

Emeagwali was there last year and i dont think he won

are you saying he'll be nominated every other year? lol

Kanu got his through his football skills, Gani through his legal runs
so how is that hard to figure?

ol boi, drop the arguement, u cant win

Says who? You? I don't think so. . . . . .aside their profession, i have given you what others did beside their profession.
Do you know how many kids Kanu's heart foundation has saved?

tkb417:

Now this is where you got it all wrong!! Who told you its about fame?
Other got the fame and used it to help humanity and Nigerians. . . . . .ok Rev King is a Nigerian living Legend according to you?
Say something else man. . . . . . . . . Nomination no wahala but winning? Mba. . . .ekwero m. . . .
The voting doesn't even represent what Nigerians think. . . . . How many states watch Silver Bird!!

Also have it in mind, Adeboye is only popular in RCCG!!!!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 4:03pm On Jun 18, 2009
Emperoh
im not fighting you

Youre missing the point!!!
Kanu has a heart foundation, the man in question gives schorlarships to poor students, he fends for people, he has a UNI and a lot of people can attest to how he has helped them.

I dont want to sound like im defending him, im against those writing rubbish against him cos he won a poll.
If it was Gani that won and people come with rubbish, ill still come here to defend.

The spirit of pulling down shld not be encouraged more so when we havent dont anything ourselves

Now this is where you got it all wrong!! Who told you its about fame?
Other got the fame and used it to help humanity and Nigerians. . . . . .ok Rev King is a Nigerian living Legend according to you?
Say something else man. . . . . . . . . Nomination no wahala but winning? Mba. . . .ekwero m. . . .
The voting doesn't even represent what Nigerians think. . . . . How many states watch Silver Bird!!

Also have it in mind, Adeboye is only popular in RCCG!!!!
i dont do unnecessary arguements
Rev King and Adeboye are not in the same category but if u wanna go that lane, ill ignore your posts

The voting doesnt represent what Nigerians think? you may be right and also wrong
I can only ask how you came about with your dedections?

Adeboye only popular in RCCG? meaning it was only RCCG people that voted for him?
hehehehehe
its funny you know how youre trying to justify ur points

Kanu, Ojukwu and everybody on that list could have come out tops
people voted and the sample size of the people who voted is representative enuff to make it credible
go back and read ur statistics books if u have doubts how a poll can be credible grin grin grin
(exept ure saying he rigged it)

i dont ave time
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Emperoh(m): 4:10pm On Jun 18, 2009
TK
Another misrepresentation here again? I ain't here to pull anyone down man.
I have two issues here. He won it cos of the religious sentiments Nigerians espouse in doing things.
Secondly, if the whole of Nigeria or at least a good majority where to vote, believe u me, Adeboye will not win.

I don't have issues with him or anything matter of fact i careless who wins but am we should learn to vote in things like this sans sentiments
It doesn't potray the exact feelings of the people. I bet you most people that voted for him didn't know much about the other contestants!!

If you were to vote, in all honesty, will you vote Adeboye? Say the truth and shame the devil? tongue grin grin grin grin grin

I rest my case. . . .see you later in the day. Am off to Festac!!!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 4:18pm On Jun 18, 2009
TK
Another misrepresentation here again? I ain't here to pull anyone down man.
I have two issues here. He won it cos of the religious sentiments Nigerians espouse in doing things.
Secondly, if the whole of Nigeria or at least a good majority where to vote, believe u me, Adeboye will not win.

I don't have issues with him or anything matter of fact i careless who wins but am we should learn to give it to the winner sans sentiments

If you were to vote, in all honesty, will you vote Adeboye? Say the truth and shame the devil?
im fine with ur points about religious sentiments. No probs
but people who voted do not share your sentiments so what do you do to that?
in fact the majority do not share your sentiments grin grin grin ( He won the poll remember)

kanu will win because we have a lot of football followers too or dont you think so?

if i were to vote, ill vote for Gani Fawehinmi
will vote for him if he contests for Presidency but im not sure he'll win

My position is we shld stop pulling down
Emperoh, im not saying ure pulling down. In fact, some have made points why they think he shouldnt win and thats fine but when people come here to say hes evil, hes stealing money, hes buying jets at the expense of his congregation, then i'll beg to differ

we do not need alll those details as everybody on that list cannot be said to be 100% perfect!

my 2 kobo smiley

emperoh baba
how ur babes na grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by GeorgeD1(m): 4:29pm On Jun 18, 2009
Tudór:

Your mouth will put you into trouble soon enough. Keep hissing at a man of God.
It's your call.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
What ever happened to David Oyedepo of Winners,
The whole religion thing has turned into something else, Now when they are asked to pay tax they grumble.
jesus never rode a car or anything moving from one place to the other on earth( the donkey he used to enter Jerusalem was even borrowed)
and even his disciples after his death where going from one place to the other preaching the word( and they did not buy a land or even own stuffs)
I am not saying the Pastors should not live a good life but it should not amount to keeping riches and showing off.
A 4billion naira Jet for Adeboye was what made me to stop tripping for the man.
perhaps he should have refused it and chose to be simple/.
If people say he is simple but doing complex things then what does that mean.
Oyedepo on the other hand won't even allow students who don't pay full fees write exams or stay in school.
And he benefitted from Missionary schools during his early stages in life.

If there was no missionary school. would there be Educaction this much as we have, and then it was all about please bring your child to school, Nowadays is if you don't pay the school fees, don't bring your child to school.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jun 18, 2009
The whole religion thing has turned into something else, Now when they are asked to pay tax they grumble.
jesus never rode a car or anything moving from one place to the other on earth( the donkey he used to enter Jerusalem was even borrowed)
and even his disciples after his death where going from one place to the other preaching the word( and they did not buy a land or even own stuffs)
I am not saying the Pastors should not live a good life but it should not amount to keeping riches and showing off.
Oyedepo on the other hand won't even allow students who don't pay full fees write exams or stay in school.

If there was no missionary school. would there be Educaction this much as we have, and then it was all about please bring your child to school, Nowadays is if you don't pay the school fees, don't bring your child to school.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by MrCrackles(m): 4:36pm On Jun 18, 2009
hailolive:

mess what happened to David Oyedepo of Winners or Losers!
The issue here is why does Adeboye deserve to win the living legend poll? angry
Bloody religious sentiments if you ask me and he doesnt deserve it nor does David Oyedepo or whatever his name is
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Ollajay: 4:43pm On Jun 18, 2009
hailolive:

Even the missionary schools stopped being free decades ago. My father is in his 70s and his parents paid through thier noses to send him to missionary schools. Whatever the position might have been historically, the reality today is that education is nt free anywhere in the world. The cost usually depends on the quality. Obviously, we cannot put payments for education at the affordability of everyone and still retain the quality.

Oral Robert University isnt free. Check!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by SegzyJoe(m): 4:52pm On Jun 18, 2009
[b]@post
If it is Nigerians and not Ghanians that voted Adeboye with a wide margin as a legend, what right have all these morons have to insult the people that voted him? Am sure some of them voted for their candidates yet they did not match up with Adeboye, isn't this the same way our politicians find it difficult to accepted elections results in Nigeria? Or is it possible to vote for somebody that has not touch your life in anyway, when you have the choice to vote those that have in many ways? Is this bitterness against Adeboye justified? Or are the people crucifying Adeboye only motivated by hatred and frustration? What has Adeboye done  to deserve all these insults?  

Ok, if Nigerians are brainwashed as some people would want us believe, then why did Adeboye made the list of the most influential men in the world by the world acclaimed magazine? Or are those people too brainwashed? Funny enough no other Nigerian made the list. Are we fools? Why do we always rejects what the world value and celebrates. The same  way we rejected Ribadu and El-Rufai and yet the world is listening to them where even our president will not be given audience.

I think Nigeria has a distorted value system. Yes I know that there are many people on this forum that uses the opportunity of a faceless information highway to spew their frustrations, but what I fail to understand is how such people are incapable of independent thought without allowing  religon, tribal and other frivolities to colour their judgement.

It is a shame
! [/b]
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by sirt1(m): 4:53pm On Jun 18, 2009
I believe Nigerians are not fools as some pple thought. Those that made the list of living legends deserve it. But my surprise is the attack on the personalty of the great man of God. If he should be criticised for establishing school that could not be afforded by majority of redeemers, then everybody that has participated in the running of affairs of this nation should be beheaded for not living up to their responsibilities.

Alhaji Aliko Dangote and the likes , with due respect, did not dash out their products free of charge or at lesser prices but rather at prevailing market prices. Kanu as rich as he is do collect his match bonuses whenever he plays for our dear country.

For Daddy G.O not fighting our political leaders like others you mentioned is scriptural and if you doubt it, then rever to your bible, if you have one.

Above all,If u are not satisfied with the result of the poll, then come out with your own result instead of blackmailing pple or perhap nominate yourself and stop the rubbish talk.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by SegzyJoe(m): 4:54pm On Jun 18, 2009
[b]@post
If it is Nigerians and not Ghanians that voted Adeboye with a wide margin as a legend, what right have all these morons have to insult the people that voted him? Am sure some of them voted for their candidates yet they did not match up with Adeboye, isn't this the same way our politicians find it difficult to accepted elections results in Nigeria? Or is it possible to vote for somebody that has not touch your life in anyway, when you have the choice to vote those that have in many ways? Is this bitterness against Adeboye justified? Or are the people crucifying Adeboye only motivated by hatred and frustration? What has Adeboye done  to deserve all these insults?  

Ok, if Nigerians are brainwashed as some people would want us believe, then why did Adeboye made the list of the most influential men in the world by the world acclaimed magazine? Or are those people too brainwashed? Funny enough no other Nigerian made the list. Are we fools? Why do we always rejects what the world value and celebrates. The same  way we rejected Ribadu and El-Rufai and yet the world is listening to them where even our president will not be given audience.

I think Nigeria has a distorted value system. Yes I know that there are many people on this forum that uses the opportunity of a faceless information highway to spew their frustrations, but what I fail to understand is how such people are incapable of independent thought without allowing  religon, tribal and other frivolities to colour their judgement.

It is a shame
! [/b]
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by sirt1(m): 4:58pm On Jun 18, 2009
I believe Nigerians are not fools as some pple thought. Those that made the list of living legends deserve it. But my surprise is the attack on the personalty of the great man of God. If he should be criticised for establishing school that could not be afforded by majority of redeemers, then everybody that has participated in the running of affairs of this nation should be beheaded for not living up to their responsibilities.

Alhaji Aliko Dangote and the likes , with due respect, did not dash out their products free of charge or at lesser prices but rather at prevailing market prices. Kanu as rich as he is do collect his match bonuses whenever he plays for our dear country.

For Daddy G.O not fighting our political leaders like others you mentioned is scriptural and if you doubt it, then rever to your bible, if you have one.

Above all,If u are not satisfied with the result of the poll, then come out with your own result instead of blackmailing pple or perhap nominate yourself and stop the rubbish talk.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by sowura(m): 5:03pm On Jun 18, 2009
sir t:

Aliko Dangote and other business men sell products they produce with their money or money they pay interest on, Adeboye built his school largely with the tithe and offerings collected from millions of impoverished Nigerians yearly, he does not even pay tax. so dont compare him with business men because he is not. He is a man of God or supposedly so, until him and other so called men of God muslim or xtian start acting like one they will not get any respect from majority of Nigerians. Even his secondary school is beyond the reach of ordinary Nigerians. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad shocked shocked shocked cry cry embarassed embarassed angry angry angry angry
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by sowura(m): 5:05pm On Jun 18, 2009
sir t:

Aliko Dangote and other business men sell products they produce with their money or money they pay interest on, Adeboye built his school largely with the tithe and offerings collected from millions of impoverished Nigerians yearly, he does not even pay tax. so dont compare him with business men because he is not. He is a man of God or supposedly so, until him and other so called men of God muslim or xtian start acting like one they will not get any respect from majority of Nigerians. Even his secondary school is beyond the reach of ordinary Nigerians. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad shocked shocked shocked cry cry embarassed embarassed angry angry angry angry
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by sowura(m): 5:11pm On Jun 18, 2009
sir t:

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by sowura(m): 5:14pm On Jun 18, 2009
sir t:

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by hade(m): 5:14pm On Jun 18, 2009
whatever happens i dont think any of us has the right to judge or condem any body, if any one has any beef or is not satisfied with pastor Adeboye or his lyf styl leave God to Judge and stop commiting sin by slanding the man of God. Fear God
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by sirt1(m): 5:15pm On Jun 18, 2009

True talk. Help me educate them.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by hayoakins(m): 5:17pm On Jun 18, 2009
am not join in this craziness,

"Touch not my anointed and do my prophect no harm",

why not let God be the judge
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Ollajay: 5:19pm On Jun 18, 2009
sowura:

You definitely dont have any idea how tithes are collected in RCCG!

He doesnt pay tax? May be you should check and Lagos tax office!

May be you need to find out who actually owns the so called Jet, University or Schools!

RCCG does not belong to Adeboye. He did nont found the Church. He is only the present Pastor. All assets owned by RCCG belongs to RCCG both now that Adeboye is the pastor and after him.

Try to state only facts of which you have personal knowledge, not hear say, rumour or outright falsehood!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by hayoakins(m): 5:21pm On Jun 18, 2009
am not join in this craziness,

"Touch not my anointed and do my prophect no harm",

why not let God be the judge
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Kobojunkie: 5:23pm On Jun 18, 2009
Ok!!!  Why worry about making anyone a Legend in a country wrought with corruption? I mean what exactly was the po8int of this exercise? Rebranding?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by sirt1(m): 5:24pm On Jun 18, 2009
sowura:

Ask, if u dont know, and it shall be given, so says the scripture. All the schools u are mentioned are not owned by Adeboye, but by RCCG. Watch ur mouth before God will give u dirty slap!!!!!!!!!!!!! Me I no dey ooooooooooooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. / APC NWC Writes Hon Jibrin To Keep Evidence Away From Public Domain (pix) / Senate Seeks 20% Of National Budget As Their Constituency Projects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.