Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,442 members, 7,816,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls (14592 Views)

Kogi Polls: Police Uncover Plan To Dress Thugs In Police Uniform / Aregbesola Wins Yoruba Living Legend Award and other awards / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Kobojunkie: 7:19pm On Jun 18, 2009
The criteria for nomination was based on

selfless service;[/b]Osama Bin Laden claims to be Selfless in his service as well.
enduring achievements; sincerity of purpose; resilience; patriotism; uprightness; respectability and incorruptibility.

[b]Selfless Service

a) Adeboye--- He claims to be selfless, doing it for ALLAH, however I do see his church is listed as HIS and not really the PEOPLEs
b) Osama Bin Laden --- He also claims to be selfless in his service and doing it for ALLAH, however it seems others get to die for his cause

Enduring Achievements

a) Adeboye --- One can definitely claim that he has been able to build numerous “STRUCTURES” for a price, with money donated to God by the people
b) Osama Bin Laden ---- One can absolutely say he has been able to build numerous camps for a price, with money donated by people and organizations around the world.

Sincerity of Purpose

a) Adeboye --- We can only speculate on his sincerity here
b) Osama Bin Laden ---- same applies to this one

Resilience

Both men definitely qualify

Patriotism

Define Patriotism?

How do you measure patriotism when the cause followed by both men seem to be in line with their religious ideologies and not necessarily that of their nation of origin

Uprightness

We can only speculate

Respectability?
Are you kidding me?? Roflmao!!!
Both men are respected in their “circles”. And No, Newsweek DOES NOT, I repeat DOES NOT speak for the majority of the world.

Incorruptibility

Hhmmmm…
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by redsun(m): 7:21pm On Jun 18, 2009
He would have been more useful to the society as a mathematician they said he is than this illusive money making scheme that he is involve in now.He is just collaborator of the mental enslavers,the missionaries.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by AloyEmeka9: 7:23pm On Jun 18, 2009
Jakumo:

Alloy Emeka, Pastor Adeboye earns BLOOD MONEY,  because the 24-hour traffic jams caused by his followers vehicles along the Lagos to Ibadan Expressway,  EVERY MONTH FOR THE PAST QUARTER CENTURY, have directly facilitated innumerable car crashes and loss of life, and also leave travellers trapped at the mercy of armed robbery gangs.   

This monthly marathon traffic jam is Pastor Adeboye's only sin, to most who know of him,  but it is grievous enough to constitute satisfactory evidence that the man is an evil and homicidally greedy profiteer who regards his profits as being on a much higher priority level than the lives of all those killed whenever his business enterprise blockades a federal highway located in a SECULAR democracy, as though it were private property. 

With due respect, I suggest to you that there is nothing at all "upright" or "selfless" about being the owner of a business whose bye product is the death and maiming of innocent road travellers.  Quite to the contrary, such a track record is betrays single-minded greed and wanton, long-term disregard for other citizens, which is the stuff of legend, all right, but of the loathsome variety.
grin grin grin grin Okay, this one got me to the floor. I will leave una go sleep ojare.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 8:16pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ollajay
who'd you think you're deceiving? Board of trustees indeed.
BOT is quite different from church elders or council.
Who are the members of the BOT of RCCG and what powers do they have.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 8:18pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ollajay
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 8:20pm On Jun 18, 2009
@ollajay
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by switch47(m): 8:22pm On Jun 18, 2009
PASTOR ADEBOYE IS A LIVING LEGEND, He don win am, he don win am, una no fit collect am from the man, God know wetin him an think of am, because he will show mercy unto whom he will and compassion unto whom he will, una can talk from now till eternity, for and against, wetin God go talk last last na im be the thing!! personaly I CONGRATULATE THE MAN!! more power to his elbow. may God continue to bless him and guide him. AMEN!! cool
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by saknel: 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2009
You guys really need to take it easy on  this Adeboye issue, i guess we all have an our own opinion of who we think a legend sould be , but the fact remains that no matter how much you insult or run him down, it wont change the fact that he has won the award and it wont also make him anyless the person he is,
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by nacom(f): 8:34pm On Jun 18, 2009
@  Tudor, Sam Milla, Kobo junkie,  redsun , Jakumo  and the rest of the haters

I'm sorry to sound sarcastic or rude !

But don't you guys think you are just sound like broken records or to sound meaner  (noisy pussies ) raising dust becose Pastor Adeboye was voted the living legend.

I think you guys should all grow up ! Gosh i can imagine how old men like you should start killing your selves over such.

When i grow up i hope i dont become as DUMB as you lousy empty barrels.

At 16,i certainly know better than to be killing myself when i got home work to do. LOL !
   lipsrsealed  undecided  
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bawomolo(m): 8:57pm On Jun 18, 2009
na.com:

But don't you guys think you are just sound like broken records or to sound meaner  (noisy pussies ) raising dust becose Pastor Adeboye was voted the living legend.

I think you guys should all grow up ! Gosh i can imagine how old men like you should start killing your selves over such.

At 16,i certainly know better than to be killing myself when i got home work to do. LOL !
   lipsrsealed  undecided  

if you have seen kobo's post, he actually has nothing against these prosperity and yanfu yanfu pastors.

as for jakumo, go on brother grin grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Kobojunkie: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2009
na.com:

@ Tudor, Sam Milla, Kobo junkie, redsun , Jakumo and the rest of the haters

But don't you guys think you are just sound like broken records or to sound meaner (noisy pussies ) raising dust becose Pastor Adeboye was voted the living legend.

lipsrsealed undecided

As someone already pointed out earlier, I am NOT AGAINST THESE MEN. Infact, I am of the mind that since the people who worship these men seem to have a need to worship another, I have absolutely no right to DENY THEM THEIR RIGHT TO WORSHIP WHOM they want.

Now, when it comes to making general claims like the article does, then I am quick to mention that it is possible these men are considered legends in the eyes of those who WORSHIP them, I wonder if outside of that group they actually QUALIFY for such honor. Sort of in the same way persons like Kim juan ill or Osama bin laden are worshipped and glorified by some but outside of their circle of worshippers, they are not really regarded with the same sort of respect.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by MSY: 9:30pm On Jun 18, 2009
6 pages and counting, and yet no one has seen this for what it really is.

This was nothing but a popularity contest! By what "Legend" yardstick would Kanu Nwankwo beat Gani fawehinmi, in a legend poll?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by AloyEmeka9: 9:46pm On Jun 18, 2009
MSY:

This was nothing but a popularity contest! By what "Legend" yardstick would Kanu Nwankwo beat Gani fawehinmi, in a legend poll?
My friend kanu Nwankwo is a soccer and social legend and will be beat Gani by a long short. Gani is just a govt critique and we have many of them in nairaland like Nuzo and Kobojunkie just that they are not as brave as Gani. As a matter of fact, fela was the greatest and fearless critique Nigeria produced followed by Wole Soyinka before you start counting Gani them. When it comes to something that has a direct impact on people's lives, Kanu wins hands down. Adeboye is a superstar and has influence in people's lives. He delivered many and offered moral and mental food towards them. kanu did not offer such but he still helped many physically and not only Nigerians but other Africans that benefited from his foundation. Give honour to whom honour is due.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by bawomolo(m): 9:54pm On Jun 18, 2009
how has that mental and moral food improved the lives of his parishioners?

interesting.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by SamMilla1(m): 10:01pm On Jun 18, 2009
na.com:

lipsrsealed  undecided  

They said that "when a child talks anyhow, he thinks that he has disciplined an elder"

next time before you mention peoples name, try to dig some info about those people.
you are still a kid being fed and supported by your folks, which means they :
1- decide where and when you go to church,
2- who you move out with,
3- books you read
4- who you vote for in contests like this topic and many more.

if not for people like us who sees the truth far ahead of you,
you must have been doomed by now,

my vote will go for GANI and Soyinka.

Standing up to a military Govt at the expense of your life is called selfless and fearless.

Kanu comes before Achebe for me.
Achebe wrote a good novel, Yes, I agree but i still dont see how that made him so selfless.
Before you condemn me, I am Igbo too which means i am not being tribalistic.
I never see America regard John Grisham, sidney Sheldon, James Hardly Chase and co so high.

one day you will become old enough to know that some people are killing and stealing in the name of God.

- go to bed baby boy
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Kobojunkie: 10:10pm On Jun 18, 2009
na.com:

@ Tudor, Sam Milla, Kobo junkie, redsun , Jakumo and the rest of the haters

But don't you guys think you are just sound like broken records or to sound meaner (noisy pussies ) raising dust becose Pastor Adeboye was voted the living legend.

lipsrsealed undecided

As someone already pointed out earlier, I am NOT AGAINST THESE MEN. Infact, I am of the mind that since the people who worship these men seem to have a need to worship another, I have absolutely no right to DENY THEM THEIR RIGHT TO WORSHIP WHOM they want.

Now, when it comes to making general claims like the article does, then I am quick to mention that it is possible these men are considered legends in the eyes of those who WORSHIP them, I wonder if outside of that group they actually QUALIFY for such honor. Sort of in the same way persons like Kim juan ill or Osama bin laden are worshipped and glorified by some but outside of their circle of worshippers, they are not really regarded with the same sort of respect.

I am not trying to make it seems as if the man is a bad man, or can only be compared with the worst out there. Just that I decided to pick out examples that the whole world is familiar with to help drive home my point. Now, I confess, I have no idea what Adeboye( the man) has actually accomplished in his own life. I only know he is the main pastor of a church – a church which is built and funded with money donated by members of the public and so I consider the members of the church the true owners of the church ( Just so you know, I do attend Redeemed every Sunday here). So, whatever he has built, he has built using people’s money and not his. And whatever he has donated, he donated people’s money and not necessarily his. So I have a hard time agreeing with the claim that the man himself made anything significant happen.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Kobojunkie: 10:16pm On Jun 18, 2009
MSY:

Exactly!!! I asked earlier how the decision was reached. And I believe you are right, this is nothing more than a glorified popularity contest ( Nigerian Style).
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by kayc33(m): 10:37pm On Jun 18, 2009
smiley
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by kayc33(m): 10:39pm On Jun 18, 2009
good for him
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by nacom(f): 11:07pm On Jun 18, 2009
[b]
Sam Milla:

They said that "when a child talks anyhow, he thinks that he has disciplined and elder"

next time before you mention peoples name, try to dig some info about those people.
you are still a kid being fed and supported by your folks, which means they :
1- decide where and when you go to church,
2- who you move out with,
3- books you read
4- who you vote for in contests like this topic and many more.

if not for people like us who sees the truth far ahead of you,
you must have been doomed by now,

my vote will go for GANI and Soyinka.

Standing up to a military Govt at the expense of your life is called selfless and fearless.

Kanu comes before Achebe for me.
Achebe wrote a good novel, Yes, I agree but i still dont see how that made him so selfless.
Before you condemn me, I am Igbo too which means i am not being tribalistic.
I never see America regard John Grisham, sidney Sheldon, James Hardly Chase and co so high.

one day you will become old enough to know that some people are killing and stealing in the name of God.

- go to bed baby boy

@ Sam Milla

Its pathetic that old men like you have the time and jobless enough to rant and rant like this.

Anyway why too bad your votes dont count since the polls results are out .

Old man face the reality and lets leave age out of it

[/b]
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by dokwesi(m): 11:09pm On Jun 18, 2009
Many of us are just running our mouth about daddy Adeboye. How many of us can God use to heal a broken heart, mend a broken marriage, stop an addiction. No promotion comes to a man except God gives. So lets apply wisdom before we speak.

The truth is that at least one of us or a family member should have benefited from the ministry. After fighting for freedom, whats the end of every man? Judgment isn't it?

Know that when a man encounters a problem no other man can solve we all run to the God. The only way he can solve problems is through his vessel. I am in no doubt that Pastor Adeboye deserves it.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by dokwesi(m): 11:11pm On Jun 18, 2009
Many of us are just running our mouth about daddy Adeboye. How many of us can God use to heal a broken heart, mend a broken marriage, stop an addiction. No promotion comes to a man except God gives. So lets apply wisdom before we speak.

The truth is that at least one of us or a family member should have benefited from the ministry. After fighting for freedom, whats the end of every man? Judgment isn't it?

Know that when a man encounters a problem no other man can solve we all run to the God. The only way he can solve problems is through his vessel. I am in no doubt that Pastor Adeboye deserves it.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by mark44(m): 11:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
I believe it was announced in one of the REDEEM CAMPS that pastor ADEBOYE was Nominated ,
and they probably told all Redeemers to vote for him (and you can imagine how BIG REDEEM is in NIgeria) so that they can receive Blessings from the Lord or something
and you know how Nigerians are now sharp sharp, dey do go start to dey vote even though most of the Congregation
are living below 100Naira a day undecided, Nigerians tend to get so desperate in search of wealth and well being thereby being forced to
go and be brainwashed by these so called Spiritual leaders, and therefore giving in to anything they ask them to do

This reminds me of a Similar case when Pastor Chris Okotie said that GOD [/b]told him in a revelation that He would be the Next [b]president of Nigeria,
and he made his followers believe in him and they all started campaigning for him, when Silverbird did a poll about who you think should be the
next president that year, he came in 1st or 2nd can't remember, I heard from a reliable source that he was giving out free recharge cards in church (isn't this meant to be some form of rigging?) back then just to ensure that people voted for him on the poll (how desperate, something similar to what just happened with this Adeboye's Victory), but at the end of the day he didn't win the Original Elections doubt even if he was in top 10,

Please don't get me wrong I'm not trying to attack the religion or anything but I think this so called Spiritual Leaders are being Over celebrated
Nigerians need to learn how to pray and worship the God that they serve without worshiping there pastors/imams too because at the end of the day we are all human and will still die and answer the call May God bless Us all,

I really don't see the man as a Living Legend though, jjust my little 2 cents, undecided

Nigerians please let us be free thinkers, desist from being Brain washed and Follow follow attitude,
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by mark44(m): 11:35pm On Jun 18, 2009
I believe it was announced in one of the REDEEM CAMPS that pastor ADEBOYE was Nominated ,
and they probably told all Redeemers to vote for him (and you can imagine how BIG REDEEM is in NIgeria) so that they can receive Blessings from the Lord or something
and you know how Nigerians are now sharp sharp, dey do go start to dey vote even though most of the Congregation
are living below 100Naira a day undecided, Nigerians tend to get so desperate in search of wealth and well being thereby being forced to
go and be brainwashed by these so called Spiritual leaders, and therefore giving in to anything they ask them to do

This reminds me of a Similar case when Pastor Chris Okotie said that GOD [/b]told him in a revelation that He would be the Next [b]president of Nigeria,
and he made his followers believe in him and they all started campaigning for him, when Silverbird did a poll about who you think should be the
next president that year, he came in 1st or 2nd can't remember, I heard from a reliable source that he was giving out free recharge cards in church (isn't this meant to be some form of rigging?) back then just to ensure that people voted for him on the poll (how desperate, something similar to what just happened with this Adeboye's Victory), but at the end of the day he didn't win the Original Elections doubt even if he was in top 10,

Please don't get me wrong I'm not trying to attack the religion or anything but I think this so called Spiritual Leaders are being Over celebrated
Nigerians need to learn how to pray and worship the God that they serve without worshiping there pastors/imams too because at the end of the day we are all human and will still die and answer the call May God bless Us all,

I really don't see the man as a Living Legend though, jjust my little 2 cents, undecided

Nigerians please let us be free thinkers, desist from being Brain washed and Follow follow attitude,
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by SamMilla1(m): 11:37pm On Jun 18, 2009
na.com:

@ Sam Milla

Its pathetic that old men like you have the time and jobless enough to rant and rant like this.

Anyway why too bad your votes dont count since the polls results are out .

Old man face the reality and lets leave age out of it

Normally i am not supposed to be responding to your posts.
i am supposed to be debating with your parents.
Meanwhile i like hearing peoples views of things no matter your age.

Whenever you close your eyes to sleep, just pray that you will live up to 28 years before they stab you to death
because the way you are running your mouth, i dont see you living out your remaining teenage life.
There is a section called FORUM GAMES here, maybe you should just go there and stay out of serious isues like this.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by mark44(m): 11:38pm On Jun 18, 2009

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by MrCrackles(m): 11:39pm On Jun 18, 2009
Sam Milla:

Normally i am not supposed to be responding to your posts. i am supposed to be debating with your parents.
Meanwhile i like hearing from peoples views of things no matter your age.

Whenever you close your eyes to sleep, just pray that you will live up to 28 years before they stab you to death
because the way you are running your mouth, i dont see you living our your remaining teenage life.
There is a section called FORUM GAMES here, maybe you should just go there and stay out of serious isues like this.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked grin grin grin
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by mystics(m): 12:14am On Jun 19, 2009
i no wan read all the post by the bad belle people wey think say man of God suppose be poor man, make them rich pass am, As far as i know, Adeboye deserve am, the margin was great and this shows that God is in the business of uplifting his people. God said in his word that if ye be willing and obedient, thou shall eat the good of the land. Let the mockers keep mocking, God is still working, let the talkers be talking, God is still WALKING in the favour of his children, if you dont believe GO TO HELL AND BURN TO ASHES. Congratulations to PAPA ADEBOYE O JARE.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by sugabelle: 2:43am On Jun 19, 2009
I know that if some of these nasty people had their way, they would blame all the misfortune and poverty in Nigeria on daddy Adeboye. Never mind, if you're lucky to ever be rich, go ahead and open a FREE university. Don't you guys get it, with or without the award, this man of God is loved by God and God knows him for his good works on His children. You guys need deliverance from what ever bondage u are under that gives you the nerve to speak against something you can never hope to understand. "My people perish for lack of knowledge---"
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Kobojunkie: 3:07am On Jun 19, 2009
mystics:

i no wan read all the post by the bad belle people wey think say man of God suppose be poor man, make them rich pass am, As far as i know, Adeboye deserve am, the margin was great and this shows that God is in the business of uplifting his people. God said in his word that if ye be willing and obedient, thou shall eat the good of the land. Let the mockers keep mocking, God is still working, let the talkers be talking, God is still WALKING in the favour of his children, if you dont believe GO TO HELL AND BURN TO ASHES. Congratulations to PAPA ADEBOYE O JARE.

So, Nevermind that Jesus Christ whom the Christian Faith is based on would frown on your calling for people to GO TO HELL AND BURN TO ASHES, because your daddy Adeboye is involved here, it is ok to ignore Jesus so that Adeboye may be glorified?? Well, go with your conscience.

sugabelle:

I know that if some of these nasty people had their way, they would blame all the misfortune and poverty in Nigeria on daddy Adeboye. Never mind, if you're lucky to ever be rich, go ahead and open a FREE university. Don't you guys get it, with or without the award, this man of God is loved by God and God knows him for his good works on His children. You guys need deliverance from what ever bondage u are under that gives you the nerve to speak against something you can never hope to understand. "My people perish for lack of knowledge---"

Even the devil is loved by those who adore him, that does not change the fact that this man in the eyes of others who do not necessarily see him as their “daddy” may not worship him as you do. I happen to attend REDEEMED and I fail to see how what you said above makes sense at all considering the Christian faith calls for everyone NOT TO TRUST IN MAN AS NOT A SINGLE ONE OF US CAN CLAIM TO KNOW THE HEART OF ANOTHER.

If anything, I say you need deliverance from this need to GLORIFY this man AGAINST the word of your own GOD. It is ok to have respect for someone but there is a line that THE BIBLE says we should not CROSS and people seem to easily cross that line in this day and age in disrespect of God but claim they are holier in doing so.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by mystikal(m): 3:18am On Jun 19, 2009
whatever made "a pastor" a legend.
so every pastor in the land should be a legend then. are they not all doing the same thing? D likes of Bakare, T.B Joshua, Chris, Rev King, that local pastor somewhere in Ajegunle, etc all fall in there! Hisss!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by switch47(m): 6:58am On Jun 19, 2009
@ ALL THE CRITICS, SAM MILLA AND CO

OH YES, YOU dont believe he deserves the award, bt he has won it anyway, no matter how you talk/post from now till eternity you cant take it from him those who love and respect pastor adeboye has voted for him according to the truth as they see it and you dont have a right to insult their intelligence for that, as you are no more entitled to your opinion then they of their own opinion. e dey your body, e dey their body. EVERYBODY HAS A RIGHT TO CHOOSE THE TRUTH ACCORDING TO THEIR CONVICTION. if i say adeboye is a legend THAT IS MY OPINION AND NO HUMAN HAS A RIGHT TO ATTACK ME FOR WHAT I TRULY BELIEVE EXCEPT IT INFRINGES ON HIS OWN RIGHTS. i personaly have millions of reservation on what catholics do that i dont like but do i have to come to nairaland and rant like a mugu/maga who has just been hit by a yahoo boy?? Grow up man!! GROW UP people

meanwhile i congratulate who the people voted!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Amaechi: Jonathan's Government Blew N34b On River Niger / Just In: PDP Holds 84th NEC Meeting In Abuja / Yakubu Dogara Appointed As Chancellor Of Achievers University Owo Ondo State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.