Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls (14591 Views)

Kogi Polls: Police Uncover Plan To Dress Thugs In Police Uniform / Aregbesola Wins Yoruba Living Legend Award and other awards / Pastor Leke Adeboye Shares A Political Poll Result Of Buhari/Jonathan - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by tkb417(m): 5:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
What ever happened to David Oyedepo of Winners,
The whole religion thing has turned into something else,  Now when they are asked to pay tax they grumble.
[b]jesus never rode a car or anything moving from one place to the other on earth( the donkey he used to enter Jerusalem was even borrowed)
and even his disciples after his death where going from one place to the other preaching the word( and they did not buy a land or even own stuffs)[/b]I am not saying the Pastors should not live a good life but it should not amount to keeping riches and showing off.
A 4billion naira Jet for Adeboye was what made me to stop tripping for the man.
perhaps he should have refused it and chose to be simple/.
If people say he is simple but doing complex things then what does that mean.
Oyedepo on the other hand won't even allow students who don't pay full fees write exams or stay in school.
And he benefitted from Missionary schools during his early stages in life.

If there was no missionary school. would there be Educaction this much as we have,  and then it was all about please bring your child to school,  Nowadays is if you don't pay the school fees, don't bring your child to school.
ignorance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus rode a donkey shey?

what was the means of transportation at that time?
Their were no cars nor jets at that time bruv so relax
The donkey Jesus rode had never been touched by anybody prior to when jesus rode it to the temple meaning it was a special donkey.
When you ride a donkey those days, it means ure one of the affluents in the society!

Read, read and understand stuffs b4 u throw poppycocks on the internet!

You definitely dont have any idea how tithes are collected in RCCG!

He doesnt pay tax? May be you should check and Lagos tax office!

May be you need to find out who actually owns the so called Jet, University or Schools!

RCCG does not belong to Adeboye. He did nont found the Church. He is only the present Pastor. All assets owned by RCCG belongs to RCCG both now that Adeboye is the pastor and after him.

Try to state only facts of which you have personal knowledge, not hear say, rumour or outright falsehood!
Ignorance will kill Nigerians
RCCG is not owned by Pastor Adeboye and pls enlighten them
If he dies today, another Pastor takes over
The Jet , the Schools, the cash and all belong to RCCG

please tell dem

and also, i say thank you for those who just reminded us that he happened to be amongst the top 50 most influential people in the world
abeg which other Nigerian made the list?

yes, those that picked him were brainwashed too shey?
i don tire grin

Ok!!! Why worry about making anyone a Legend in a country wrought with corruption? I mean what exactly was the po8int of this exercise? Rebranding?
hehehehe
Thats another good point! of what use is the whole shebang for real?
i personally dont believe in all these kinda things
anything PR has too much adverse effects on personalities

Now the man is being bashed right, left and center cos of one useless poll
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by vanilla143: 5:34pm On Jun 18, 2009
u people are just fighting and drinking panadol 4 another person head ache, Pastor Adeboye is my pastor any day any time, he is not deviating, God has called hime to work for hin which, he is doing, if his ways pleases God, his enemies will be at peace with him, so gossips mind ur mouth and dont let God Purnish you after all he prays fo the peace of the nation, which you and i are in. I luv my pastor any day any time,
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by hayoakins(m): 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2009
"Touch not my anointed and do my prophect no harm",

why not let God be the judge
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by skyone(m): 5:45pm On Jun 18, 2009
Well u guys can jump up to the sky and break your necks because Pastor E A Adeboye won the living legend poll in Nigeria. Anyway i'm not surprised some people dont deserve to be a Nigerian, they are simply created to ruin and bad mouth anything great that this nation is putting forward.

People of the devil who are not happy you have the right to protest and bring people like Babangida, maurice iwu, jame ibori, peter obi forward big MOOs.

However DR D K Olukoya should have made up the top five as well.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by skyone(m): 5:47pm On Jun 18, 2009
MrCrackles:

mess what happened to David Oyedepo of Winners or Losers!
The issue here is why does Adeboye deserve to win the living legend poll? angry
Bloody religious sentiments if you ask me and he doesnt deserve it nor does David Oyedepo or whatever his name is

Brainless and with myopic view of looking at circumstances.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by skyone(m): 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2009
People, pls le's cultivate the habit of thinking deeply so that we can see things from a better angle.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by redsun(m): 5:49pm On Jun 18, 2009
This has clearly shown the state of mind of typical nigerians,delusional disorder.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by hayoakins(m): 5:54pm On Jun 18, 2009
am not join in this craziness,

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by hayoakins(m): 6:04pm On Jun 18, 2009
"Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm",

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Tudor6(f): 6:06pm On Jun 18, 2009
Those of you claiming RCCG doesn't belong to adeboye are big fools.
Who controls the business? Who is he accountable to? If he decides to buy 5 jets who'll question him? Can he be sacked by anybody for mismanagement?

Bill gates owns microsoft but still answers to the board of directors, shareholders and investors.
Bottomline adeboye OWNS RCCG and its assets worldwide. That makes him a criminal CEO.[img][/img]
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Jakumo(m): 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2009
hayoakins:

am not join in this craziness,

Don't worry about your anointed getting touched without your consent, Mr. Broken Record, because you sound like the sort of seedy character who will ALWAYS have to pay of carnal knowledge, and up front too.  

Furthermore could you please refrain from asking God to perside over this court of public opinion.  God is an extremely busy Deity, and would need some persuasion to even bother sending a representative to participate in this internet forum discourse, talk less of attending personally.  

Wait     I feel a vision of signs and wonders coming on.

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by NosaHenry(m): 6:09pm On Jun 18, 2009
When we talk of NIGERIA LIVING LEGEND, we are looking at men and women who have put national interest beyond personal interest, men who have put their lives on the line in the course of projecting the unity and progress of the country.

To be very candid, i do not know how Adeboye qualified to be the Nigeria legend in this regard. To me he is just like any other good pastor around.

If Obasanjo despite all his 'sins' against the Nigeria state is being elevated beyond true legends like Anthony Enahoro, who moved the motion for independence and has since being charting the course for better Nigeria even in his old age, it goes to show that the exercise is nothing but rubbish.

When you conduct a survey among a population that is largely illitrates, ethnic and religious conscious, it is very difficult to have an outcome that will truly reflect the fact being sought.

In conclusion, i will say that Nigerians know their LEGENDS as such we don't need Vanguard or any other group to give us a customised list.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by NosaHenry(m): 6:12pm On Jun 18, 2009
When we talk of NIGERIA LIVING LEGEND, we are looking at men and women who have put national interest beyond personal interest, men who have put their lives on the line in the course of projecting the unity and progress of the country.

To be very candid, i do not know how Adeboye qualified to be the Nigeria legend in this regard. To me he is just like any other good pastor around.

If Obasanjo despite all his 'sins' against the Nigeria state is being elevated beyond true legends like Anthony Enahoro, who moved the motion for independence and has since being charting the course for better Nigeria even in his old age, it goes to show that the exercise is nothing but rubbish.

When you conduct a survey among a population that is largely illitrates, ethnic and religious conscious, it is very difficult to have an outcome that will truly reflect the fact being sought.

In conclusion, i will say that Nigerians know their LEGENDS as such we don't need Vanguard or any other group to give us a customised list.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by NosaHenry(m): 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2009

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by NosaHenry(m): 6:15pm On Jun 18, 2009

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by NosaHenry(m): 6:18pm On Jun 18, 2009

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Okwyjesus(m): 6:20pm On Jun 18, 2009
Anybody that says Babe Adeboye dont deserve the overwhelming vote must be out of information. Early this year Pastor Adeboye was shortlisted the 49th most influential man on earth and it was not Nigerians only that voted. He was the only Africa in the expensive list and the only pentecostal Pastor in a list that has men like Obama etc.

Pastor Adeboye is a legend, he will remain a legend all his life.

lf dont you like that you are free to jump into the atlantic ocean. When he sold his only car as a lecturer for Gods work in RCCG,  peole  didnt  talk. Now that God has blessed him with a jet that concerned members bought for him everybody is talking.

Una never see anything yet, Pastor Adeboye is a legend that is on the unveling process
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by SamMilla1(m): 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2009
Whatever happened to Pastor King and co never opened the eyes of some blind followers.
I am a Catholic but I question Pope sometimes.
That is called Religion.
Religion is not to "believe without doubt", It is faith.
And we must not have faith in another human being no matter what.

I know this is off the main topic but i am saying this for
Brainwashed morons who are following some Pastors with their eyes closed.
Where again in the world has the number of Churches Like NIGERIA ?
Yet NIGERIA is one of the worst countries on the Planet Earth.

Pastor adebayo should win the living legend of the people of his Church, Not My own Nigeria.
What happened to all those people who cut across the entire Nation
People like , Okocha, Kanu, even Garba lawal made the whole nation happy with soccer.
Even seun osewa has a platform for the whole Nigerians to interact.
Even Osuofia dazzled the whole nation with his talent?

I dont even know the adeboye, perhaps i have heard of RCCG but never ever consider going there (to do what actually), to receive the key of Heaven i guess,

How did pastor adebayo, kumuyi, bakare, king,(the one that blows vocab and the one that relaxes his hair ),
how did they manage to be More popular than the Pastors of Europe who brought Church to them?

Who has the Answer? How, Its because of the money of the poor people, poor uneducated citizens of our beloved country.
I have seen a thread here where one idiot asked if he should use the only money he has to pay for TITHE or House Rent? lol, see what i am talking about?

Blind fools,
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Ollajay: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2009
Tudór:

[b]Those of you claiming RCCG doesn't belong to adeboye are big fools.[/b]Who controls the business? Who is he accountable to? If he decides to buy 5 jets who'll question him? Can he be sacked by anybody for mismanagement?

Bill gates owns microsoft but still answers to the board of directors, shareholders and investors.
Bottomline adeboye OWNS RCCG and its assets worldwide. That makes him a criminal CEO.[img][/img]

Well, it is wrong of you to call me (or us) a fool (s) for saying Adeboye does not own RCCG or its assets. Such unprovoked abusive statements show that you are very immature.

Your comments shows that you are completely ignorant of even the very basic rules and operations of running an organisation like a church.

First, RCCG was founded many years b4 Adeboye became a member. So I repeat RCCG or its assets does not belong to Adeboye.

Second, Adeboye does not control the 'business'' of RCCG. The business of RCCG is controlled  by its Board of Trustees.

Surely Adeboye can be challenged and if need be removed by the Trustees.

Fourth, Adeboye does not control the finances of RCCG nor is he a sole signatory (if at all) to any of RCCG bank account.

Adeboye cannot solely decide to buy 6 jets and nobody would challenge him.

Even if he bought 6 jets, he can only buy in the name of RCCG and he can not ride all the jets at the same time.

A simple check at the CAC or investiagtion of RCCG affairs should confirm to you that Adeboye does not control RCCG business as you state.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by sowura(m): 6:25pm On Jun 18, 2009
sir t:

I believe Nigerians are not fools as some pple thought. Those that made the list of living legends deserve it. But my surprise is the attack on the personalty of the great man of God. If he should be criticised for establishing school that could not be afforded by majority of redeemers, then everybody that has participated in the running of affairs of this nation should be beheaded for not living up to their responsibilities.

Alhaji Aliko Dangote and the likes , with due respect, did not dash out their products free of charge or at lesser prices but rather at prevailing market prices. Kanu as rich as he is do collect his match bonuses whenever he plays for our dear country.

For Daddy G.O not fighting our political leaders like others you mentioned is scriptural and if you doubt it, then rever to your bible, if you have one.

Above all,If u are not satisfied with the result of the poll, then come out with your own result instead of blackmailing pple or perhap nominate yourself and stop the rubbish talk.
Aliko Dangote and other business men sell products they produce with their money or money they pay interest on, Adeboye built his school largely with the tithe and offerings collected from millions of impoverished Nigerians yearly, he does not even pay tax. so dont compare him with business men because he is not. He is a man of God or supposedly so, until him and other so called men of God muslim or xtian start acting like one they will not get any respect from majority of Nigerians. Even his secondary school is beyond the reach of ordinary Nigerians. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad shocked shocked shocked cry cry embarassed embarassed angry angry angry angry
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by redsun(m): 6:26pm On Jun 18, 2009
Adeboye is a legend because he is exploiting and living off the poor and the gullible,leading them deeper and deeper into limbo.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Ollajay: 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2009
?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Jakumo(m): 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2009
Ladies and Mantlepieces, please let us now witness a return of decorum to this debate, as there has been enough sensationalism and innuendo in this thread to keep the Rotary Club busy for years to come.

Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2009
I don't believe Adeboye, or any Nigerian for that fact deserves such an award!!
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by asha80(m): 6:46pm On Jun 18, 2009
Jakumo u go kill person. grin

Sam Milla:

Whatever happened to Pastor King and co never opened the eyes of some blind followers.
I am a Catholic but I question Pope sometimes.
That is called Religion.
Religion is not to "believe without doubt", It is faith.
And we must not have faith in another human being no matter what.

I know this is off the main topic but i am saying this for
Brainwashed morons who are following some Pastors with their eyes closed.
Where again in the world has the number of Churches Like NIGERIA ?
Yet NIGERIA is one of the worst countries on the Planet Earth.

Pastor adebayo should win the living legend of the people of his Church, Not My own Nigeria.
What happened to all those people who cut across the entire Nation
People like , Okocha, Kanu, even Garba lawal made the whole nation happy with soccer.
Even seun osewa has a platform for the whole Nigerians to interact.
Even Osuofia dazzled the whole nation with his talent?

I dont even know the adeboye, perhaps i have heard of RCCG but never ever consider going there (to do what actually), to receive the key of Heaven i guess,

How did pastor adebayo, kumuyi, bakare, king,(the one that blows vocab and the one that relaxes his hair ),
how did they manage to be More popular than the Pastors of Europe who brought Church to them?

Who has the Answer? How, Its because of the money of the poor people, poor uneducated citizens of our beloved country.
I have seen a thread here where one idiot asked if he should use the only money he has to pay for TITHE or House Rent? lol, see what i am talking about?

Blind fools,

shocked  angry  embarassed  lipsrsealed
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by redsun(m): 6:48pm On Jun 18, 2009
Make us laugh jare Jakumo,if you take these yeye people seriously,you will run out of tears.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by omobachi(m): 6:52pm On Jun 18, 2009
Adeboye is among the 50 most influential people in the world and wins this living legend polls because he is bless of God, and for those of you who feels unsatisfied, should challenge it at Gods court of law and see if you would win, you ingrates.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Kobojunkie: 6:54pm On Jun 18, 2009
sir t:

Ok, if Nigerians are brainwashed as some people would want us believe, then why did Adeboye made the list of the most influential men in the world by the world acclaimed magazine? Or are those people too brainwashed? Funny enough no other Nigerian made the list. Are we fools? Why do we always rejects what the world value and celebrates. The same  way we rejected Ribadu and El-Rufai and yet the world is listening to them where even our president will not be given audience.

Well, it is one thing to be influential and another to be a true Legend. What defines a Legend? That ought to be the first question and then we decide, if based on the criteria, he truly is one. I mean even Osama Bin Laden can be considered to be both influential, and may qualify as a Legend.

I can help you by giving you examples from the Bible. I am not sure if it was Ezra or someone else who went to the king, after about 70 years  of the Isrealites being slaves, to ask that the king help him with rebuilding Jerusalem. God caused the king to give him tools needed to do the job. He was NEVER made a legend, neither was he made king of Isreal as a result. So no need to try make this a BIBLICAL war of some sort. We simply need to judge based on criteria to understand if he is a legend or not.
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by AloyEmeka9: 6:55pm On Jun 18, 2009

The criteria for nomination was based on selfless service; enduring achievements; sincerity of purpose; resilience; patriotism; uprightness; respectability and incorruptibility.
Can any of you tell me any criterion above Adeboye did not meet?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by AloyEmeka9: 6:56pm On Jun 18, 2009

The criteria for nomination was based on selfless service; enduring achievements; sincerity of purpose; resilience; patriotism; uprightness; respectability and incorruptibility.
Can any of you tell me any criterion above Adeboye did not meet?
Re: Adeboye Wins Living Legend Polls by Jakumo(m): 7:16pm On Jun 18, 2009
Alloy Emeka, Pastor Adeboye earns BLOOD MONEY,  because the 24-hour traffic jams caused by his followers vehicles along the Lagos to Ibadan Expressway,  EVERY MONTH FOR THE PAST QUARTER CENTURY, have directly facilitated innumerable car crashes and loss of life, and also leave travellers trapped at the mercy of armed robbery gangs.   

This monthly marathon traffic jam is Pastor Adeboye's only sin, to most who know of him,  but it is grievous enough to constitute satisfactory evidence that the man is an evil and homicidally greedy profiteer who regards the need to feed his gluttony for cash as being on a much higher priority level than the lives of all those killed whenever his business enterprise blockades a federal highway located in a SECULAR democracy, as though it were private property. 

With due respect, I suggest to you that there is nothing at all "upright" or "selfless" about being the owner of a business whose bye product is the death and maiming of innocent road travellers.  Quite to the contrary, such a track record is betrays single-minded greed and wanton, long-term disregard for other citizens, which is the stuff of legend, all right, but of the loathsome variety.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Students On Scholarship In Russia Beg For Survival / Body Of Senior Advocates Of Nigeria Backs NBA Position On Corrupt Judges / Shettima Names Estate After Tinubu In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.