Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,373 members, 7,958,037 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 07:50 AM

How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story (42157 Views)

MURIC Calls For Arrest, Prosecution Of Oro Priests In Ikorodu / How Oro Festival Paralysed Activities In Ikorodu Town, Lagos / Movement Around Ikorodu Will Be Limited Tomorrow Due To Oro Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story by macof(m): 7:02pm On Jan 25, 2016
ogbanje1:

No, your miserable tribe.

omo ode. I don't have a tribe. your people still exist as a tribe...nd u call ur superiors barbaric, uncivilized and what not
Re: How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story by MadCow1: 11:00am On Jan 26, 2016
BenKafor:
You don't know what you are saying, it's not a shitty phone.

The TECNO is like the retarded cousin of all other Smartphones

1 Like

Re: How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story by ChidinmaRose(f): 6:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
MadCow1:

Lmao, so not true
Re: How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story by BenKafor(m): 4:05pm On Jan 27, 2016
MadCow1:

Lmao, now You are just being dramatic. It's a cool brand joor
Re: How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story by MadCow1: 4:18pm On Jan 27, 2016
BenKafor:

Lmao, now You are just being dramatic. It's a cool brand joor

If Smartphones were cars..

Tecno would be a KIA picanto.
Re: How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story by mosjames: 7:24pm On Jan 27, 2016
MadCow1:

And Gionee would be?
Re: How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story by MadCow1: 10:00am On Jan 28, 2016
mosjames:

And Gionee would be?

Gionee would be an Innoson.
Re: How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story by mosjames: 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2016
MadCow1:

Gionee would be an Innoson.
Innoson ko Innodaughter ni cheesy
Re: How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story by BenKafor(m): 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2016
MadCow1:

Why so dramatic? Lolz
Re: How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story by Wyttcat: 2:46am On Jan 31, 2016
Nice to be back!

Cats ain't lazy, they like to hunt for their food.

The owner of this site doesn't know what he's setting himself up for. I was like ook when I saw you mentioned Ibadan in your first post I quoted. The wicks said they are in Ibadan with Yoruba names to go with it and even spoke Yoruba well, but not as clean as those that have lived in the SW for a long time, some pronunciations gave them away as impostors. Same way their desperation can drive them to find out the names of these things from the local herbalists, you just can't put anything pass them.

Got your email address, and will shoot you a mail.
jomoh:

Lol. I think you're right I've seen it couple of times hunting for bush rats on the fences.

Woow. This is some serious allegation here. I've gone through some of your posts and I must say your comments would have made you so many enemies from that section of the country. Contrary to what you think though, am from Ibadan or how else do you think someone from that side will know something like Madarikan.

My mail is still the same as the one I used to send you a PM(omoh4u2nv@yahoo.com. I only have two emails, the one for formal engagements and the one for social media. If you choose to reply I would so much love to do mails. At least start from somewhere then you get to know who I really am.

BTW I should be the one to be weary cos am an old guard on this forum you on the other hand, you're the new cat wink

CIAO
Re: How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story by jomoh: 9:05pm On Feb 05, 2016
Wyttcat:
Nice to be back!

Cats ain't lazy, they like to hunt for their food.

The owner of this site doesn't know what he's setting himself up for. I was like ook when I saw you mentioned Ibadan in your first post I quoted. The wicks said they are in Ibadan with Yoruba names to go with it and even spoke Yoruba well, but not as clean as those that have lived in the SW for a long time, some pronunciations gave them away as impostors. Same way their desperation can drive them to find out the names of these things from the local herbalists, you just can't put anything pass them.

Got your email address, and will shoot you a mail.

nihin ni oluwa ran mi ni I owo de. trying harder than this would be downgrading. though I see you taking their threat too serious. I doubt anyone would go to the extent of consulting an herbalist just to reply a nl post.

where've you being? I thought you've left nl or you changed your moniker because of the threats.

Hope you're good sha. happy new month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story by JuanDeDios: 12:43pm On May 13, 2018
macof:

u eat shit as a symbol of someone's flesh and blood. then say u don't do cannibalism grin so funny
Even without grasping at straws, there's a lot that is wrong with Christianity and Islam. And it is good to preserve our culture. But shouldn't we weed out what is bad from our traditions if they are to truly endure? Do you think it serves our culture right if we insist on retaining aspects of them that all good people find repugnant? For example, do you think it would be cool they still killed twins in Calabar?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FACTS About The Great Wall Of Benin / How To Identify A Nigerian (pic) / Abdul Rasheed Akanbi And His Pregnant Wife (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.