Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries - Career (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries (78474 Views)

Dangote Oil Refinery: Graduate Engineer Trainees Return After Overseas Training / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed / 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by babamajor: 2:37am On Jan 23, 2016
U see i pity u nd ur miserable life bcus after dis post i wont reply u again. But if u are knoledgable enof u can good back to dis same property section of march last year nd look for my name again u wil see wrn d last was advertised nd wen payment was finanlised.anyway dat one too is ongoing nd if u dont mind to do a labourer that i can tel my site supervisor to giv u job there instead of just wastin ur time nd enving ur fellow humanbeing cus u are swimming in poverty nd tink dat is how it shuld be for everybody. If can even cal d guy dat sold d land for me he wil tel i more.

Shut up there liar! 95% of Nigerians in America never see 6million naira cash in their life, and that includes those who have stayed there for 25 years. talk true, na check and tax yahoo yahoo you take make that money. 62% of Americans (first and white citizens)don't even have 1000dollars in emergency savings yet you come here to talk rubbish. Even Registered Nurse that most Nigerians go into are not rich, it will take them 15yrs to even come up with a down payment for a decent home. You must think everybody in NL are fools[/quote]
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by bbdd: 3:05am On Jan 23, 2016
femiero:

Thanks guys. I will check them out. The money saved on it will go into extra 10kg of poundo yam. grin

Saw poundo yam on amazon for $20. Outrageous.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by femiero: 3:13am On Jan 23, 2016
bbdd:

I get one Togolese babe wey dey sell for $16.99 grin
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by ronald4lif(m): 3:34am On Jan 23, 2016
iAmCharis:
I also read from a thread recently; no Okada to take you around town. If you no get money for taxi, O.Y.O grin grin

cheesy grin

Haha funny.

The mumu antispam bot banned me since yesterday from this section. Just got 'pardoned'. sad
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by sonnie10: 4:28am On Jan 23, 2016
femiero:

I get one Togolese babe wey dey sell for $16.99 grin

And for your mind your are getting it cheap. Go Resturant Depot, Semolina is $20 for 50 pound (22kg) bag.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by femiero: 5:12am On Jan 23, 2016
sonnie10:

And for your mind your are getting it cheap. Go Resturant Depot, Semolina is $20 for 50 pound (22kg) bag.

I actually know but I dey find something else for the babe side lol. *winks*
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 5:54am On Jan 23, 2016
ronald4lif:

cheesy grin

Haha funny.

The mumu antispam bot banned me since yesterday from this section. Just got 'pardoned'. sad
Lol ehya sorry
Ekaro
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by justwise(m): 9:17am On Jan 23, 2016
bbdd:

I read this then went to check but that is not pounded yarn , mixture of rice and potatoes is what they packaged there.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by nogoarea(f): 10:58am On Jan 23, 2016
Wat d op is trying to say is dat an oyibo man wit his qualification can't do such jobs in Nigeria.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by justwise(m): 11:02am On Jan 23, 2016
nogoarea:
Wat d op is trying to say is dat an oyibo man wit his qualification can't do such jobs in Nigeria.

That is not what he is trying to say
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 23, 2016
babamajor:
U see i pity u nd ur miserable life bcus after dis post i wont reply u again. But if u are knoledgable enof u can good back to dis same property section of march last year nd look for my name again u wil see wrn d last was advertised nd wen payment was finanlised.anyway dat one too is ongoing nd if u dont mind to do a labourer that i can tel my site supervisor to giv u job there instead of just wastin ur time nd enving ur fellow humanbeing cus u are swimming in poverty nd tink dat is how it shuld be for everybody. If can even cal d guy dat sold d land for me he wil tel i more.

Shut up there liar! 95% of Nigerians in America never see 6million naira cash in their life, and that includes those who have stayed there for 25 years. talk true, na check and tax yahoo yahoo you take make that money. 62% of Americans (first and white citizens)don't even have 1000dollars in emergency savings yet you come here to talk rubbish. Even Registered Nurse that most Nigerians go into are not rich, it will take them 15yrs to even come up with a down payment for a decent home. You must think everybody in NL are fools

Nigerians in America are the greatest liars! 62% of Americans are a paycheck away from living on the street. They can't even come up with a mere $500 for emergency. I talk with facts and that;s why I am posting links from CNN and trusted sites below. Stop hyping America, the top one million richest Nigerians made their money in Nigeria. Trust me you don't have a thousand dollars as we speak. You are just living paycheck to paycheck and I also know you cursed the day you traveled to America. Well you still have enough time before you life becomes a complete failure, kindly pack your bags and find the next available flight down to Nigeria. It was truly a misadventure.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-have-less-than-1000-in-savings-2015-10-06
http://money.cnn.com/2013/06/24/pf/emergency-savings/index.html

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by justwise(m): 1:48pm On Jan 23, 2016
ayodele234:

Nigerians in America are the greatest liars! 62% of Americans are a paycheck away from living on the street. They can't even come up with a mere $500 for emergency. I talk with facts and that;s why I am posting links from CNN and trusted sites below. Stop hyping America, the top one million richest Nigerians made their money in Nigeria. Trust me you don't have a thousand dollars as we speak. You are just living paycheck to paycheck and I also know you cursed the day you traveled to America. Well you still have enough time before you life becomes a complete failure, kindly pack your bags and find the next available flight down to Nigeria. It was truly a misadventure.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/most-americans-have-less-than-1000-in-savings-2015-10-06

Including you because you are an American or living there. That 62% figure you quoted was actually a survey from just 5,000 Americans questioned. The population of the United States is estimated at 320,050,716 so result from 5,000 people is by no means a representative of the whole population.

I have known you(here in nairaland) for sometimes now and you are one of the most hypocritical individual i have even come across.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by sonnie10: 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2016
femiero:

I actually know but I dey find something else for the babe side lol. *winks*

God no go let you enter child support. lipsrsealed
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by erico2k2(m): 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2016
edward1984:

Yes number 4 and 7 is bad and illegal, but I don't see anything wrong with other numbers, It's legal and pay the bills.. You prefer them to stay back in Nigeria and scam innocent people of their money, or carry guns to rob ?
Number 4 is legal in Holland.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2016
justwise:

Including you because you are an American or living there. That 62% figure you quoted was actually a survey from just 5,000 Americans questioned. The population of the United States is estimated at 320,050,716 so result from 5,000 people is by no means a representative of the whole population.

I have known you(here in nairaland) for sometimes now and you are one of the most hypocritical individual i have even come across.

I pity your life completely. You obvious don't know how polls are taken. Those polls are 100% accurate. When polls are taken for presidential elections they don't even survey more than 1,000 people. 5,000 people chosen from different sector of the economy is even too much. I won't even go into a long discussion with you. You know say suffer won kill you and that's why you keep following me up cos I don't even know you at all. I believe say you be hungry man wey they use American visa matter job people money. Nigerians are suffering in the US. even going to college self, the white man is saying it is no longer worth it yet hungry black man like you won die put for another people matter.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/09/news/economy/college-not-worth-it-goldman/
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by justwise(m): 11:18pm On Jan 23, 2016
ayodele234:

I pity your life completely. You obvious don't know how polls are taken. Those polls are 100% accurate. When polls are taken for presidential elections they don't even survey more than 1,000 people. 5,000 people chosen from different sector of the economy is even too much. I won't even go into a long discussion with you. You know say suffer won kill you and that's why you keep following me up cos I don't even know you at all. I believe say you be hungry man wey they use American visa matter job people money. Nigerians are suffering in the US. even going to college self, the white man is saying it is no longer worth it yet hungry black man like you won die put for another people matter.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/12/09/news/economy/college-not-worth-it-goldman/

Shameless, you complain bitterly about America but at the same time trying to take your wife there, if you are struggling work hard to sort yourself out because there are people making a decent living there. Go back to Nigeria if America dream has turn to a nightmare for you

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Chartey(m): 9:40am On Jan 24, 2016
justwise:

Shameless, you complain bitterly about America but at the same time trying to take your wife there, if you are struggling work hard to sort yourself out because there are people making a decent living there. Go back to Nigeria if America dream has turn to a nightmare for you

Please I'll need to contact you about something.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Sunnypar(m): 2:53pm On Feb 15, 2016
DSSHQ:
Exactly! People just write things ignorantly without research.
DSS TS reporting for duty.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by sarmie206(m): 12:37pm On Feb 16, 2016
Ctrl C and Ctrl V grin
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Taryur3(m): 2:18pm On Mar 22, 2016
vhickky:
lolzz..... Why it con pain you like this na?...... No be me talk say I go chase away Nigerians because they are becoming nuisance, so why are you cursing me?....... Just hope he doesn't win, if he does, he will chase all of them back home, either you cry or curse everyone you know......
Well....you ve spoken your mind and dt is all you know about america.Good luck.its obvious that Nigerians talk what they dnt know anything about if i tell you some truth now you will still argue.I will live you here.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by aariwa(m): 1:13pm On May 28, 2016
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Ugosample(m): 6:29pm On May 29, 2016
ayodele234:

How many Nigerians have $500 emergency money.

In fact, how many Nigerians even have N100,000 emergency money?

The problems with some of you is that your parents are still feeding you guys, or una never enter street see as e dey go because you are sheltered and stuff.
Go out there and see how Nigerians are suffering

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by spectator2001: 4:29pm On Aug 16, 2017
ayodele234:

Shut up there liar! 95% of Nigerians in America never see 6million naira cash in their life, and that includes those who have stayed there for 25 years. talk true, na check and tax yahoo yahoo you take make that money. 62% of Americans (first and white citizens)don't even have 1000dollars in emergency savings yet you come here to talk rubbish. Even Registered Nurse that most Nigerians go into are not rich, it will take them 15yrs to even come up with a down payment for a decent home. You must think everybody in NL are fools

Lol. Nigerians hate facts. I don't know of the 95% figure tho but it's very true to state that most of the Nigerians abroad (75%) are into these menial jobs for the sake of monetary benefits to "build" house, buy cars, send money back home because that's all there is to life! Nigerians are the most deluded people in the world, how on earth do they justify a Masters holder cleaning toilets because "Oyinbos" are doing it too? Its sad!

If truth be told here, yes, it is good to do that which you can -to survive, but if that's the basis of your existence that is "to be able to pay your bills", I think there is urgent need for such persons to re-evaluate the ramifications for their existence!
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by spectator2001: 4:34pm On Aug 16, 2017
vhickky:
lolzz....... You are very funny...... Why would I sleep in the embassy, just because I want to travel out to slave in another man's Country? ....... To me wealth is not all about money, but happiness, comfortability and being around the people that loves me and I love..... I will never travel out to do silly jobs....... I will only travel out for sight seeing and vacation, I will stay here in Nigeria and make it.......... I believe I have all it takes to survive, make it and be happy here in Nigeria....

"Sight-seeing and vacation" -Now that's life! You are absolutely correct! I just hate it, as in hate hate hate it when people think that money is all there is to life! It seems you've lived abroad before from the comment :people that loves me" -NOTHING ON EARTH BEATS THIS FEELING! I see these so-called "money-making" menial job workers everyday talking about shifts upon shifts even after obtaining Education from their host countries. Isn't it crazy you'd go to school to spend some thousands of dollars and refuse to work with your certificate where your mental skills could be utilized for the benefit of mankind? #Smh.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by spectator2001: 4:37pm On Aug 16, 2017
FabioPeter:

Congrats on completion of your building? However, you are capable of functioning at a higher level, at least that's what your degree suggests. By the way, who lives in your building?

The fact that nobody is on the same reasoning level like you on the comments thus far is the reason why I think there is something fundamentally wrong with Nigerians. "You built a house in Nigeria". What sort of baseless and illogical perspective these people got,gosh! "However, you are capable of functioning at a higher level, at least that's what your degree suggests." That is all, you've said it all!!!

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by spectator2001: 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2017
FabioPeter:
No matter how well you justify graduates taking menial jobs abroad, the fact is they are disappointingly doing a jobs that is way below their potential.
Why invest heavily in a masters degree then take a job that requires just a pair of hands and no brain?

It's exhausting trying to kick this point into the thick skulls of these people! Please stop at B.Sc if "hustle" is all you ever want to do. Please don't come here with the rhetoric of "Oooh, it's just for the time being" People do this shit till their 40's their most productive years!

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by grandstar(m): 10:08am On Dec 30, 2018
HungerBAD:
Aside the Drug Pushing and Prostitution, i see nothing bad.

The other Jobs are totally Legit, and as long as it is an Honest Job and pays the Bills, i see nothing wrong with it. To the OP, have you lived outside Nigeria?i am assuming no, and that is why you came out with this list.

Life Outside Nigeria is not the Bed Of Roses, people portray it to be. If you have lived outside Nigeria, and you are being picky with work, especially if you are "SQUATTING" somewhere, then in a short time you will find yourself homeless and foodless.

You work because you have bills to pay. More over, some of the Jobs on your list are actually high paying Jobs, like the Mortician and the Security Job, especially if you are employed by a High Profile Company.

Your mentality is exactly why there are plenty of unemployed graduates in Nigeria, as they are always picky and choosy with what they want, while squatting somewhere eating free food, and coming to the pages of Nairaland to complain how their hosts/Brother/Sister/In law and friend is treating them because they are Jobless.

There's nothing wrong in being picky when choosing a job. I would. It only becomes a from when one becomes too picky!

The problem in Nigeria is the dearth of jobs and not the pickiness. They wouldn't seem picky if there were lots of job in the first place

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Ugosample(m): 12:19am On Dec 31, 2018
sidneyj:
those one will pay them than Nigeria teachers hmmm
Master and BSce holder collecting 15k
and they will be scared of loosing the job...... tufiakpa
abi na

So sad
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by effico(m): 7:52am On Dec 31, 2018
ronald4lif:

I'm not entirely dismissing the claim that they do work in a mortuary. I'm only saying it's not as common as being paraded about. It's on the lower range and personally don't know of anyone who works in a morgue.

If it's that common at least I'd know at least one person who works there, just like I know many who do the other jobs you highlighted. And all your other listed points are accurate and on point.

But there's a reason why people who do those menial jobs do it. First is that they are uneducated and have no technical skill. And the last and most important is that they are living illegally and don't have the required legal paperwork to aim for better jobs.

Boss do you have any idea of how much I can use in total to do a Canadian visa and other requirements I'll need to travel to Canada?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

CRIN Workers Strip To Underwear To Protest Against Management (photos) / What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? / Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.