Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries (78441 Views)

Dangote Oil Refinery: Graduate Engineer Trainees Return After Overseas Training / 8 Kinds Of People Every Talented Person Need In Order To Succeed / 8 Categories Of Jobs That Can Frustrate The Life Of Nigeria Graduates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 8:50am On Jan 22, 2016
naijaboiy:

grin I just dey laugh here.

Dem wan finish you with words. gringrin

But you fùck up o! Some of your points got me opening my mouth like shocked

Ph.D. Holder, being a cleaner? In which country na? cheesy

No mind me boss. grin. How u dey?
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by fashrola(m): 8:52am On Jan 22, 2016
I know a dude who works as a factory worker in Houston, Texas.. he married a black American woman with three kids, he first travelled to Poland around 2005 to study Polish language, from there he moved to US, I can comfortably let you guys know that he buys auctioned and salvaged cars in texas and sends it to his family to sell it off for him and the family takes the profits... he has a lot of landed properties in Uyo and Calabar, even though he makes a lot 'of money from selling the cars, I think the guy is OK working as a factory worker in Texas

N/B: The dude has only an OND certificate

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 8:58am On Jan 22, 2016
vhickky:
don't mind them jare...... Let them go and slave in another man's country, let them do their wish, it's people like them that makes Donald trump insult us, he should even win the election so he can send them home.......... Greedy peeps.....

My dear, I tire ooh!
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by favouryemmy: 9:00am On Jan 22, 2016
The main reason for this is that Nigerian degrees are not reckoned with in several countries. Even if you go with your Nigerian Masters degree and wish to apply for a job with it, it would be set aside unless if you get one from an institution recognized. in UK, they run 3 years first degree while in Naija we run 4 to 5 years first degree. And there Masters is not more than one year. So a child can become a graduate at 19 or 20 years. Our educational system need to improve.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by bbdd: 9:01am On Jan 22, 2016
wristbangle:

My dear, I tire ooh!

vhickky and wristbangle

Two frustrated clowns, look at how your life and that of your fellow sadist wristbangle is.
You're wishing others bad to make yourselves feel better.

Na una type dey sleep for embassy. Sadistic fcuks!
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by vhickky(f): 9:05am On Jan 22, 2016
anonimi:

Most probably his relations who FLEX on his behalf while doing NOTHING productive in nigeria.
What a double LOSS and waste shocked
All because we want to be the LONE star on whom every other person in our IMMEDIATE reference group looks upon aka LOCAL champion.
Why would any SENSIBLE person want to be a voluntary SLAVE who works for others (that are doing absolutely nothing) to enjoy on his BEHALF? embarassed tongue

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2851374_img20150912232706_png2cc47861652284c85cf1f3e03aee197a

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2967330_crdkiuewwaaq0li_jpegba501e53a95d8337fc392fe0aa693a4c
bros thank you, I thought I was the only one reasoning this way............ I have a friend that travelled out to work as a garbage boy 2 years ago, till now his family is still in debt, trying to pay off his loan, while he is spending his money on food and accommodation....he would probably be happier if he decided to stay here with his qualifications ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by bbdd: 9:07am On Jan 22, 2016
anonimi:

Do you mean white UNDERgraduates deliver pizza
The white graduates who do these "below status" jobs, what is their percentage compared to the black GRADUATES?
Thanks.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2967417_nj_jpeg37ee3fbdac35f2474cf93c1a290bf69a

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/avatars/xv2r4ena5hlpfff67f3ip3h9957s9gcj1572403[/img]

ITS EVIDENTLY CLEAR YOU'VE NEVER STEPPED YOUR FOOT OUTSIDE NIGERIA...
Yes WHITE PEOPLE DELIVER PIZZA YOU BLOATED slowpoke!
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by seangy4konji: 9:12am On Jan 22, 2016
Na hin go first scream na yahoo boy deh talk rubbish but as d boy go do job abroad and they pay hin bills,he don commit offense. Na the beans weh d op chop this morning no stay for small intestine just go large straight make am deh talk rubbish.
usecondom:
And you op, would be among the first people to criticise and call the graduate lazy if he stays back and engaged in shady deals right?
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by DarkHenrie(m): 9:12am On Jan 22, 2016
This post is total nonsense. Why are you demonizing people's legitimate sources of income? This is the problem with Nigeria where everybody believes they must be at the top so they go about hating their small jobs or treating people on that level like scum. Even on prostitution, Why are you so self-righteous? Is it your pussy or dick that's being used in the transaction?
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by vhickky(f): 9:16am On Jan 22, 2016
bbdd:

vhickky and wristbangle

Two frustrated clowns, look at how your life and that of your fellow sadist wristbangle is.

lolzz....... You are very funny...... Why would I sleep in the embassy, just because I want to travel out to slave in another man's Country? ....... To me wealth is not all about money, but happiness, comfortability and being around the people that loves me and I love..... I will never travel out to do silly jobs....... I will only travel out for sight seeing and vacation, I will stay here in Nigeria and make it.......... I believe I have all it takes to survive, make it and be happy here in Nigeria....

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wristbangle: 9:33am On Jan 22, 2016
bbdd:

vhickky and wristbangle

grincheesy

Easy brother.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by fpeter(f): 9:43am On Jan 22, 2016
contrary to what the OP was trying to portray, there is dignity in labour abroad.
The jobs mentioned above are good paying jobs, they're not like their counterparts
here. For example, a security man abroad is well trained and a professional too, they
usually have the same intelligence as police unlike the ones in Nigeria who always appear
hungry and tacky. The mortician is a professional and i bet you, they're a far cry from the
mortuary attendants you're used to in Nigeria.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Holyfield1(m): 9:43am On Jan 22, 2016
daveyjay:
I see nothinq annoyinq in those legit jobs as lonq as it pays their bills...full stop
Let me dash you one like grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by daveyjay(m): 9:46am On Jan 22, 2016
Holyfield1:
Let me dash you one like grin grin grin grin

Lolz...hope say the 'like' qo yield money?! Cos owo ni koko
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by blackprowler: 9:59am On Jan 22, 2016
One major difference - rather, THE major difference between Nigeria and decent foreign country is that there are little opportunities in Nigeria. Life is made too easy for few with the right connections and impossible for most others. The reason why some seemingly-qualified people you know do odd jobs abroad is because they can not - as yet - apply for better jobs. The oyibos don't do "graduate" "graduate" like in Nigeria. First thing is: are you legally allowed to apply and get the good job? That knocks out 90% of the people you know. The good thing is if you have legal papers, your upward mobility in life is dependent on your will to try. So a security guard for example will be working towards a certification to apply for a better job and in 5yrs he could be a "big boy". Your life is in your hands abroad if you are legal. In Nigeria the system traps you in failure and blames you for it, frustrates you till you agree you're good for nothing. Note that I've lived both lives and I'm still in it

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by ollins(m): 10:06am On Jan 22, 2016
One of the major problem in nigeria is that there is no diginty in labour and that is why there is widespread laziness and corruption among our youths in nigeria today.in the western world honest labour is well respected and honoured.a cleaner and the president are accorded the same regard and respect.banks respect you,everywhere as long as you are not stealing or defrauding anyone.lets learn to have diginty in labour in nigeria.and btw a cleaner earns much more than many so called white collar jobs in nigeria
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by 9jatatafo(m): 10:07am On Jan 22, 2016
akilo1:
this is why you will always unemployed ,wear your eyes glass and be typing on nairaland critisizing APC because of your low memory statue mumu,from security guard to safety officer,now my salary is 373000k,can you fet this for a month in shell?brain infected maron

Now you have suddenly changed to safety officer because we were hammering on security men. Good for you and I will not use the same foolish words you used on me. Be blessed for the words
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by jerikoyan(m): 10:07am On Jan 22, 2016
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by wayodude(m): 10:14am On Jan 22, 2016
ariesbull:

There is a thin line between decent living and humiliating living all are jobs but prostitutions ain't decent at all unless you are a Benin man

Drugs aibt decent at all unless you are a Columbian or Latino

Credit card racket aint decent at all unless you are Y man

You must be mad. Bigot!
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by jerikoyan(m): 10:21am On Jan 22, 2016
Op, I think people should enlighten you not scold you on your ignorant post. Firstly once you are over 18+ in western countries you are OYO and you have bills to pay (insurance, house rent and utility bills) this are basic payments even the whites are grateful when they see these jobs. These jobs you said are what people do to pay bills and still remit back money to help our dying economy in Africa. Secondly, you said our professors do menial jobs here....My bro/sis Education standard of Nigeria is low...Nothing serious is been taught only engineering and medical students are lucky a bit (practical courses advantage)...Thirdly, ego as earlier pointed out is many Nigerians B.sc graduate problem. Who the heck are you....Why didn't you create your own job if you can't do these listed jobs Lazybones, my brother there is nothing special in B.sc o na just parlie. Next time do a profound research before posting things Online...This is a globalised World everybody sees what you post

2 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by justwise(m): 10:24am On Jan 22, 2016
vhickky:
lolzz....... You are very funny...... Why would I sleep in the embassy, just because I want to travel out to slave in another man's Country? ....... To me wealth is not all about money, but happiness, comfortability and being around the people that loves me and I love ..... I will never travel out to do silly jobs....... I will only travel out for sight seeing and vacation, I will stay here in Nigeria and make it.......... I believe I have all it takes to survive, make it and be happy here in Nigeria....

You just listed things majority don't get in Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Taryur3(m): 10:34am On Jan 22, 2016
[quote author=vhickky post=42211433]don't mind them jare...... Let them go and slave in another man's country, let them do their wish, it's people like them that makes Donald trump insult us, he should even win the election so he can send them home.......... Greedy peeps..... [/quote.
You most be a goat.so you wishing them bad luck.may you not live nigeria for greener pasture in Jesus name.na poverty go kill you there.celebrate those living well and stop envying them.America is a great nation where everyone will love to be.bad belle.with your bad mind you can never get the visa.idiot.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by blackboy2star(m): 11:07am On Jan 22, 2016
Nothing wrong with those agitating for IPOB, same with Catalonians in Spain... Am a yoruba boy though undecided
wristbangle:

Lol. Anyway it is still a bit better than political thugs and those agitating for another country.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by 4thDimension: 11:15am On Jan 22, 2016
I barely comment on nairaland but for what the op wrote about them jobs.l will rather comment with examples.
First am a Nigerian married to a European lady for about 4years now and we live in the Northern part of the UK with our 2boys.
I studied political science and graduated from UNN, l work as a security guard here and my my wife work as a facilities coordinator,btw us we average about £4000 every month with my own salary as a security guard averaging £2500 every month.
Having said that, I will say its depends what you count as work and the program you have for yourself that is important.
As human, you must know when to exit...but you might consider staying back home and take your chances but l took mine and l am where l am and l know where l am going to be next.
It's all about yourself and no one else, if l had stayed back home l bet l wouldn't have achieve what l have achieved now.

Thinking do not put food on the table......

4 Likes

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by kgrace: 11:21am On Jan 22, 2016
ollins:
One of the major problem in nigeria is that there is no diginty in labour and that is why there is widespread laziness and corruption among our youths in nigeria today.in the western world honest labour is well respected and honoured.a cleaner and the president are accorded the same regard and respect.banks respect you,everywhere as long as you are not stealing or defrauding anyone.lets learn to have diginty in labour in nigeria.and btw a cleaner earns much more than many so called white collar jobs in nigeria

Maybe in Fantasy land, but not real life.
If you are on government benefits (lowest is about N60,000 every two weeks excluding rent assistance) then no one will help you unless you are young and pregnant, or have little kids.
Real estate agents will basically ignore you, and laws have changed. Now, you need money to just prove you are who you say you are. Unless you have a university degree, it is impossible to get a job and without a job, you can't afford uni.

Even in the West, things are bad. Not as bad as in Africa, but bad enough that whites think N30,000 a week is 'poverty' - and they get paid that by the government just to look for a job (in Australia at least.)

The western world does not respect labour, not anymore. People look down at you if you have holes in your clothes, or shoes, or if you live on the street. Anti-migrant views are louder now, and anti-islam. The West respects only the rich, everyone else is dirt.

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by oshaosha2014(m): 11:37am On Jan 22, 2016
If I can do those jobs you destroy with your write up and build house in Nigeria, buy a nice car, take care of family and friend, of which not many jobs you do here that you will be able to perform those responsibilties, then I can assure you that you have successful written nonsense up there.
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by vhickky(f): 11:42am On Jan 22, 2016
[quote author=Taryur3 post=42214880][/quote]lolzz..... Why it con pain you like this na?...... No be me talk say I go chase away Nigerians because they are becoming nuisance, so why are you cursing me?....... Just hope he doesn't win, if he does, he will chase all of them back home, either you cry or curse everyone you know......
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by ariesbull: 12:26pm On Jan 22, 2016
I am sorry but that's the fact and that was what I saw in the streets on Europe
wayodude:

You must be mad. Bigot!
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by ariesbull: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
4thDimension:
I barely comment on nairaland but for what the op wrote about them jobs.l will rather comment with examples.
First am a Nigerian married to a European lady for about 4years now and we live in the Northern part of the UK with our 2boys.
I studied political science and graduated from UNN, l work as a security guard here and my my wife work as a facilities coordinator,btw us we average about £4000 every month with my own salary as a security guard averaging £2500 every month.
Having said that, I will say its depends what you count as work and the program you have for yourself that is important.
As human, you must know when to exit...but you might consider staying back home and take your chances but l took mine and l am where l am and l know where l am going to be next.
It's all about yourself and no one else, if l had stayed back home l bet l wouldn't have achieve what l have achieved now.

Thinking do not put food on the table......

It is not 2500 GBP but how much is left after all these taxes ,utilities and levies ...don't come and tell us how much they pay

I have been around UK so we know how cookies crimbel around Kent and the wages also

But brother let us tell ourselves the truth ...its an infra dig to see an MSc holder as a security guard ..at least we can do our own business ....if that is what you do with exit plan fine by me but if no exit plan then

It is wrong for one to spend so much in visa and ticket to end up been a security guard

That money would have been used to open a business in Nigeria
Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by ariesbull: 12:35pm On Jan 22, 2016
blackboy2star:
Nothing wrong with those agitating for IPOB, same with Catalonians in Spain... Am a yoruba boy though undecided

God will bless you for this truth you said

1 Like

Re: 8 Annoying Jobs Nigeria Graduates Do In Order To Survive At Overseas Countries by Nobody: 12:37pm On Jan 22, 2016
wristbangle:

Lol. Anyway it is still a bit better than political thugs and those agitating for another country.

What is your own job exactly??

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Rank Would An ND2 Certificate Holder Occupy In The Nigerian Army? / CRIN Workers Strip To Underwear To Protest Against Management (photos) / Nigeria's First Females Army General And Naval Rear Admiral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.