Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,658 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project - Business (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project (72887 Views)

12 Businesses And Employment Opportunities U Can Start Today / Contribute To The Growth Of Ecommerce In Nigeria / GEM Project Did Not Send Me Any Notification Mail. HELP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 1:42am On Jun 10, 2017
Any development on second tranche?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 12:55am On Jun 12, 2017
fatiaforreal:
Any development on second tranche?

Did you eventually receive the email with second tranche update?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 3:18pm On Jun 12, 2017
No, I understand it's in batches.
Have you been paid?
Congrats all the same.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
Pls I did my induction on 23rd. March 2017 in Lagos, what next? pls add me to whatsapp group 08130702229 of 2017 Gemitees
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by adejocharles(m): 9:45am On Jun 18, 2017
Hello house I did my induction on the 15th of may 2017 in Gombe .any update yet? Pls add me to the WhatsApp group thanks 08060555160
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Ciscagirl: 11:14am On Jun 18, 2017
Pls I want to know if there is any body in the house that their business was selected under BSDP consultancy services PROGRAM in GEMS
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 2:08pm On Jun 27, 2017
This house has been so quite. What's up?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Adulphus(m): 7:21pm On Jun 27, 2017
GEM is the most lowest programme in the history.
Even 2015 outstanding tranches has not being paid....
How do business thrive with this kind of procedure!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by thespokenword: 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2017
Pls someone should add me to the WhatsApp group. I did fill the dashboard for performance Grant since May 12 2017 but it's been quite quiet lately.....
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by thespokenword: 7:24pm On Jun 27, 2017
My number is 08033263805
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Abuks4real(m): 8:56am On Jun 28, 2017
thespokenword:
My number is 08033263805
Yes me too! I did submit mine too 5 may
Pls someone should add me to the watsapp group too. My number +212648050079
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 10:42am On Jun 28, 2017
Adulphus:
GEM is the most lowest programme in the history.
Even 2015 outstanding tranches has not being paid....
How do business thrive with this kind of procedure!
Hmmm! My brother. Government, World Bank and the their partners mean well. They set out well, but the cause of the delay is what is baffling. Maybe manpower challenges, considering the number of applicants and grantees they have to cope with. The bottom line is that some businesses are suffering while some might have died before necessary intervention. We should continue to pray for them and our respective businesses to be successful.

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 6:58pm On Jun 28, 2017
fatiaforreal:

Hmmm! My brother. Government, World Bank and the their partners mean well. They set out well, but the cause of the delay is what is baffling. Maybe manpower challenges, considering the number of applicants and grantees they have to cope with. The bottom line is that some businesses are suffering while some might have died before necessary intervention. We should continue to pray for them and our respective businesses to be successful.

I believe GEM suffers from the same problems that plague any laudable program in Nigeria, poor execution, stemming from corruption and ineptitude. From impractical goals/expected milestones to corrupt monitors. I doubt that world bank is the problem. Naija corruption is the main problem, I'm willing to bet. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Abuks4real(m): 10:02am On Jun 29, 2017
CocoEsta:

I did induction last year August. The Interview was a follow up of my business plan.
How long was it after you submitted ur business plan b4 they got back to you for the Interview?
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by asomech: 2:00pm On Jul 05, 2017
this whole thing is tiring me, they have kept us in the dark for long, no mail, no text message even to keep our hope alive. we need to ask question to the appropriate authority.

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 1:03am On Jul 06, 2017
This platforms was created for that purpose but never really lived up to the billing. Why? We all prefer to watch as long as we don't have a peculiar problem.
Anyway, everyone that eventually sees this to an end with his business surviving as a young business or startup deserves an award.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 3:24pm On Jul 15, 2017
It seems N-POWER is getting all the attention now and GEM is in the cooler.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 12:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
I was wondering if the current GEM awardees would fight for their entitlement just as YouWIn 3 guys did last year. Things aren't moving at all!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Adulphus(m): 2:15am On Aug 13, 2017
neksummi:
I was wondering if the current GEM awardees would fight for their entitlement just as YouWIn 3 guys did last year. Things aren't moving at all!
GEM Guys Are Not Cooperative!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by asomech: 6:35pm On Aug 13, 2017
please people we need to ask questions, i personally have contacted them severally to find out why the delay in processing of our second tranche, but all they keep telling me is that they are still sorting the receipts we sent to them. i think the earlier we act the better. let us meet this people in their office as a group and ask questions. please my contact no is; 07033224993.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by ENOCHEUNICE: 1:24pm On Aug 14, 2017
I just pray biz would survive by the time GEM gets back on its feet again, cos it is really sick.The attitude of Nigerian govt towards everything is really bad.No country can survive with this type of attitude. I believe someone somewhere has diverted the funds to anothere channel. May God help us in this Country.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2017
asomech:
please people we need to ask questions, i personally have contacted them severally to find out why the delay in processing of our second tranche, but all they keep telling me is that they are still sorting the receipts we sent to them. i think the earlier we act the better. let us meet this people in their office as a group an
d ask questions. please m
y contact no is; 07033224993.
I called ur line earlier ooon

I calllcai
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by asomech: 4:51pm On Aug 15, 2017
please call again, I didn't get the call. thanks.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 3:00pm On Aug 24, 2017
I received an email reminder that my receipts have not been received. The receipts and other requested documents were sent to them by courier and signed as delivered over 2 months ago. Very frustrating. Over one year since first tranche disbursement and the second tranche has become a unicorn.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 5:52pm On Aug 28, 2017
I got a mail from GEM in respect of a planned protest some moments ago. Who has an idea or received a similar mail? Honestly, it is sad what started so beautifully has now come to this. I'll encourage us to keep the peace and patience even in the face of pain we feel concerning our businesses. May God help us.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by nnekabrown(m): 9:13pm On Aug 31, 2017
Pls any update from Gem?I had my interview in Kaduna on the 18th of July 2017,after successful evaluation of my business plan..when will the grant signing take place?and disbursements? Pla contact me on 08033196213.thanks

2 Likes

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by vivixander: 3:50pm On Sep 26, 2017
fatiaforreal:
I got a mail from GEM in respect of a planned protest some moments ago. Who has an idea or received a similar mail? Honestly, it is sad what started so beautifully has now come to this. I'll encourage us to keep the peace and patience even in the face of pain we feel concerning our businesses. May God help us.

It's almost a month since the mail Fatiaforreal referred to above, which also said that those approved will receive their second tranche in about a month a less. Has anyone received their 2nd tranche? Na wa!
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by austynbch(m): 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
vivixander:

It's almost a month since the mail above which also said that those approved will receive their second tranche in about a month a less. Has anyone received their 2nd tranche? Na wa!
E tire me o! No mails, no calls
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by neksummi(m): 8:32am On Sep 28, 2017
GEM tire me seriously. Wish you guys the best.
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by fatiaforreal: 3:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
grin grin grin
cheesy ; cheesy cheesy
wink wink wink
sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by austynbch(m): 6:25pm On Oct 06, 2017
My brother receive alert today o! Second tranche
Re: Award Under The Growth And Employment (GEM) Project by Adulphus(m): 8:09pm On Oct 06, 2017
Are you serious? For real

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (29) (Reply)

US Bank Stops Western Union Transfers To Nigeria In Aftermath Of 80 Fraud Burst? / Which Business Can I Do With N300k As A School Teacher? / Dangote And Otedola Flaunt Cheap Phones That Will Surprise You (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.