Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,106 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (48398 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" / ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Krayzeejhay(m): 12:51am On Jan 29, 2016
Hmmm.....
Yhu know what?...when the tables turn!,I'll be here waiting

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 12:55am On Jan 29, 2016
Well, you all call him a buffoon and now the world has joined you in doing the same, why are you angry?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 12:56am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
The Economist is a highly reputable & internationally read newspaper. They shouldn't be using their platform to address the President of a sovereign nation with such denigrating words. We can excuse petty blogs if they do so, but not the likes of CNN, VOA, The Economist, etc.
---
I detest the former president for how he managed the economy, but those words by a foreign newspaper is way out of line.
---
I am seriously gutted with the Economist. I would cancel my subscription with them immediately if I still had one running.

A win win for the shareholders I'm sure grin
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by TimeManager(m): 12:58am On Jan 29, 2016
I am waiting for the wailing buffoons to also direct that all patronage with the eonomist be stopped.

No lie only truth!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by banmee(m): 12:59am On Jan 29, 2016
MeloGistDotCom:

Seriously they have gone too far by pokenosing on nigeria's private issues..

Did you just say private issues? Nigeria is not an island you know. Everything we do affects other countries. God forbid a humanitarian crisis erupts because the economy completely collapses, then you will realize that what you consider private becomes the world's problem.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Bestbeelieve: 1:00am On Jan 29, 2016
myners007:
Its not surprising that such statement is coming from the British because they are the most cunning and pretentious set of people in the world today. These same people will extol the virtues of Jonathan when he was in power for their own aggrandizement and insult him publicly when he is out just for the purpose of benefiting from Buhari Administration.
As long as I am concerned Jonathan deserved to be treated well because he was never overzealous to remain in power.
The British/economist Group should put their house in order before castigating others. My Questions for them are listed below:
1. Why was Princess Diana brutally killed without a trace yet not even the Queen nor the British government was labeled as treacherous and murderous buffo?
2. Who stole away our artifacts during the illegal invasion and massacre of Benin?
3. Why did the British diplomatically hoodwinked USA into World War 2 when it was becoming apparent that they will concede defeat to the Germans led by Hitler?
4.Why will the British regard themselves as one of the world and economic powers when they procuse virtually nothinh apert from extorting money from their citizens and other Nationals under the guise of taxation.
5. why cant Prince Charles be allowed to rule if he is competent?
Nigerians please do not be perturbed by their invectives on GEJ. We know them already cos we are better than them.
dem thief crude!who buy am?haliburton nko! Economist papa yash na buffoon!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 29, 2016
It's offensive and I am offended by it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 1:04am On Jan 29, 2016
He is indeed a buffoon esp for the lie he said at Davos 2014 or was it 2013 during Amanpour interview and for trying to change unilag to MKO university just to win SW votes and for the NYSC corpers who lost their lives during 2011 election, whose parents were compensated with only 5million naira....To whom much is given, much is expected...if he were chinese, he'd be killed, but Africans love worshipping ppl for their rights.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by banmee(m): 1:07am On Jan 29, 2016
Our elders talk say "e better make you no dry your pant for outside make people no know how e dirty reach". Lol. When you don't handle you business properly, you are inviting insults from outsiders. In this case i call it constructive criticism. The outside word are not sycophants when it comes to issues like this. They'll tell you what you don't want to hear. People are busy hailing Jonathan as the "best president" we ever had. Unbelievable. When you live in shiit for too long, you become immune to the smell. Nigeria has never had a President/leader. What they have ever had were opportunists.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by banmee(m): 1:09am On Jan 29, 2016
gmyguy:
He is indeed a buffoon esp for the lie he said at Davos 2014 or was it 2013 during Amanpour interview and for trying to change unilag to MKO university just to win SW votes and for the NYSC corpers who lost their lives during 2011 election, whose parents were compensated with only 5million naira....To whom much is given, much is expected...if he were chinese, he'd be killed, but Africans love worshipping ppl for their rights.

Well said bro. Well said.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by quickly: 1:10am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
The Economist is a highly reputable & internationally read newspaper. They shouldn't be using their platform to address the President of a sovereign nation with such denigrating words. We can excuse petty blogs if they do so, but not the likes of CNN, VOA, The Economist, etc.
---
I detest the former president for how he managed the economy, but those words by a foreign newspaper is way out of line.
---
I am seriously gutted with the Economist. I would cancel my subscription with them immediately if I still had one running.

**** freedom of speech
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by longayink: 1:14am On Jan 29, 2016
Jonathan was given power to reform Nigeria as well as restructure the country's failed political structure and governance system.

But Jonathan squandered the opportunity as he rejected National Conference earlier in his presidency, but rolled out a National Conference when it became obvious to him that the set of Nigerians, mostly from the south, who clamoured for political reforms are losing patience with him.

Jonathan must have been raised during the years northern Nigeria military dictators reigned and cowed people like him in his geo-political zone, hence Jonathan stated that his 16 years in government house was like he was in a cage.

He literally refused to campaign for re-election, leaving his supporters like the Fayoses and others in the south east supporting an unwilling president for re-election, unknown to them that they were supporting a candidate that had been cowed to abdicate from the throne.

Alas Jonathan surrendered Nigeria to the group which resents political reforms. That's after Nigerians who clamoured for needed political reforms have lost patience with him.

If the Economist called Jonathan a buffoon, figure out why.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by alexlee50: 1:15am On Jan 29, 2016
This is a paid write up by APC agents, quoting verbatim remarks made by lai Mohammed and other front runners in this administration.total rubbish, no serious minded person would take this paper serious
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by banmee(m): 1:21am On Jan 29, 2016
myners007:
Its not surprising that such statement is coming from the British because they are the most cunning and pretentious set of people in the world today. These same people will extol the virtues of Jonathan when he was in power for their own aggrandizement and insult him publicly when he is out just for the purpose of benefiting from Buhari Administration.
As long as I am concerned Jonathan deserved to be treated well because he was never overzealous to remain in power.
The British/economist Group should put their house in order before castigating others. My Questions for them are listed below:
1. Why was Princess Diana brutally killed without a trace yet not even the Queen nor the British government was labeled as treacherous and murderous buffoon?
2. Who stole away our artifacts during the illegal invasion and massacre of Benin?
3. Why did the British diplomatically hoodwinked USA into World War 2 when it was becoming apparent that they will concede defeat to the Germans led by Hitler?
4.Why will the British regard themselves as one of the world and economic powers when they procuse virtually nothinh apert from extorting money from their citizens and other Nationals under the guise of taxation.
Nigerians please do not be perturbed by their invectives on GEJ. We know them already cos we are better than them.
1. Princess Diana died in a motor accident. Produce evidence to the contrary. They are not Nigerians where people are jailed based on suspicion.
2. Yes they did steal our artifacts. That's bad. But it is your leader's fault for not fighting to get them back like normal leaders do.
3. The British did not hoodwink USA into world war 2. America joined the war for two reasons. a) Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, killing thousands of sailors and 2), they weren't just going to sit back and let the Third Reich take over the whole of Europe. Did the British hoodwink the Russians too?
4. They are doing what other NORMAL countries do which is generate income from taxation. Are you going to accuse Germany of the same thing? The fact that you and other Nigerians don't understand this concept is no one's fault but yours. Do you see the UK crying because of the fall in Oil prices?
5. The queen is alive and has all her faculties.

Bro's, i beg to remind you that not all Nigerians are unenlightened. There are actually some who are well traveled and knowledgeable. So, research properly before trying to deceive the gullible ones

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 29, 2016
well i see some Nigerians are angry with the economist for calling gej an ineffectual buffoon, but none of them are countering the reason for the name-calling with an intelligent and superior argument.

we all know he is a buffoon and was ineffectual. no argument about that but...

would it be ok then to just think it and not say it out loud?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 1:22am On Jan 29, 2016
Based on what I could infer from the comments that have preceded mine, I gathered that some people are more incensed by Jonathan being referred to as ''an ineffectual buffoon'' than his economic woos...

Jonathan presided over an economy mainly dependent on oil for foreign revenue when the value of crude oil sold for $84/barrel, and then rose to $96/barrel around 2013..

He also inherited a huge amount of foreign reserves, coupled with the fact most of Nigeria's international debts have either been pardoned or paid off, thanks to Obasanjo ( mind you, I'm not his fan).

To the passionate defenders of Jonathan, what then is his excuse? He surrounded himself with people who simply embezzled until they got bored stealing, thereby impoverishing the country.

Let's just admit Jonathan was clueless but then, if you can't fly a plane, why can't you surround yourself with pilots? Very ineffectual, Yes! A buffoon, well...........

That's not to say Buhari is the messiah we hope for, but he won't be as bad as Jonathan. If his puritan stance will enable him minimise theft, I think Nigerians will feel the effects, which would mean a somewhat improved standard of living for Nigerians.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by banmee(m): 1:27am On Jan 29, 2016
oboman:
Based on what I could infer from the comments that have preceded mine, I gathered that some people are more incensed by Jonathan being referred to as ''an ineffectual buffoon'' than his economic woos...

Jonathan presided over an economy mainly dependent on oil for foreign revenue when the value of crude oil sold for $84/barrel, and then rose to $96/barrel around 2013..

He also inherited a huge amount of foreign reserves coupled with the fact most of Nigeria's international debts have either been pardoned or paid off.

To the passionate defenders of Jonathan, what then is his excuse? He surrounded himself with people who simply embezzled until they got bored stealing, thereby impoverishing the country.

Let's just admit Jonathan was clueless but then, if you can't fly a plane, why can't you surround yourself with pilots? Very ineffectual, Yes! A buffoon, well...........

That's not to say Buhari is the messiah we hope for, but he won't be as bad as Jonathan. If his puritan stance will enable him minimise theft, I think Nigerians will feel the effects, which would mean a somewhat improved standard of living for Nigerians.

Bro's just stop there. You are trying too hard to educate dull individuals with no concept of accountability, good leadership and good governance.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by litaninja(m): 1:29am On Jan 29, 2016
But did the article writer lie?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by myners007: 1:35am On Jan 29, 2016
banmee:

1. Princess Diana died in a motor accident. Produce evidence to the contrary. They are not Nigerians where people are jailed based on suspicion.
2. Yes they did steal our artifacts. That's bad. But it is your leader's fault for not fighting to get them back like normal leaders do.
3. The British did not hoodwink USA into world war 2. America joined the war for two reasons. a) Japan bombed Pearl Harbor, killing thousands of sailors and 2), they weren't just going to sit back and let the Third Reich take over the whole of Europe. Did the British hoodwink the Russians too?
4. They are doing what other NORMAL countries do which is generate income from taxation. Are you going to accuse Germany of the same thing? The fact that you and other Nigerians don't understand this concept is no one's fault but yours. Do you see the UK crying because of the fall in Oil prices?
5. The queen is alive and has all her faculties.

Bro's, i beg to remind you that not all Nigerians are unenlightened. There are actually some who are well traveled and knowledgeable. So, research properly before trying to deceive the gullible ones
if u believe that princess Diana was not murdered that means u re gullible and not enlightened as u claimed

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by GogetterMD(m): 1:45am On Jan 29, 2016
myners007:
1. Why was Princess Diana brutally killed without a trace yet not even the Queen nor the British government was labeled as treacherous and murderous buffoon?
4.Why will the British regard themselves as one of the world and economic powers when they produce virtually nothinh apert from extorting money from their citizens and other Nationals under the guise of taxation.

1. She died in a car accident, your fictitious mind is going Sherlock Holmes on you
2. Where's proof that the stolen artifacts actually existed in the first place?
3. It's called the Art of War. I doubt if you'd understand that
4. They produce nothing? Really? Rolls Royce, Weapons, fashion lines is nothing too sha I guess. And they aren't the only economy that thrives on taxation
5. Because you want to kill mama Charlie and make Charlie king before his time abi?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by banmee(m): 1:52am On Jan 29, 2016
myners007:
if u believe that princess Diana was not murdered that means u re gullible and not enlightened as u claimed

Princess Diana died in a motor accident. Produce evidence to the contrary. They are not Nigerians where people are jailed based on suspicion.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by myners007: 1:57am On Jan 29, 2016
banmee:

Princess Diana died in a motor accident. Produce evidence to the contrary. They are not Nigerians where people are jailed based on suspicion.
her death was masterminded by the govt and all evidence were concealed to cover up their evil deed. im not in a position to tell u facys about her death cos they might come after me
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by RickyTan: 1:57am On Jan 29, 2016
As much as I do not support GEJ, this insult by Economist is too much.
I will never click on their website or buy anything from the Economist.

Economist must pay or apologize.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by henryhemon(m): 2:04am On Jan 29, 2016
To be fair to him he was worst than that. Watched his interview recently that guy is sad how he became a president, there's absolutely something wrong with that dude I mean how did he get to the level of a doctorate degree? He's so so wack.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by banmee(m): 2:04am On Jan 29, 2016
myners007:
her death was masterminded by the govt and all evidence were concealed to cover up their evil deed. im not in a position to tell u facys about her death cos they might come after me

Lol. . .i've always found conspiracy theorist fascinating. 911 didn't happen. The lochness monster exists. Elvis is still alive. Garri and Epa isn't delicious? grin
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by airforcee007: 2:11am On Jan 29, 2016
OgbeifunErom:
IPOB youths and corruption supporters fighting back

No matter what you do, it does not change the fact that GEJ is a BUFFOON

...and you are sure you aint a gorilla?
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by dignity33: 2:25am On Jan 29, 2016
I'm sure this is APC sponsor.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 2:33am On Jan 29, 2016
buf·foon (bə-fo͞on′)
n.
1. A clown; a jester: a court buffoon.
2. A person given to clowning and joking.
3. A ludicrous or bumbling person; a fool

No be bad yab nau....if na Fani Kayode write the article, dem for call am erectile dysfunctionate bastard

Doyin Ikupe would have called him the devil's younger brother!
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 2:36am On Jan 29, 2016
RickyTan:
As much as I do not support GEJ, this insult by Economist is too much.
I will never click on their website or buy anything from the Economist.

Economist must pay or apologize.

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by ellovee(m): 2:37am On Jan 29, 2016
It is only in Nigeria that external body will ridicule her leader nd the ppl will celebrate it

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Reacts To #EndSARS Campaign On Twitter / We Can’t Fold Hands, Watch Country Deteriorate, CJN Tells Judiciary / Details On How Obasanjo Tore His PDP Membership Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.