Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,914 members, 7,835,053 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:36 AM

Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (48395 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" / ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by SeanDada1(m): 3:06am On Jan 29, 2016
MeloGistDotCom:
Do you think the economist are in the right place to say this?

Lair Mohammed submitted that piece of crap to the Economist!! The words used in the write up clearly depicts words lair Mohammed and his APC cohorts used before and after the elections to denigrate GEJs image home and abroad.

Instead of these political Juggernauts to fix the issues plaguing the country presently, they keep trading blames!!!

Senseless and Inconclusive Government of Pandemonium and Anarchy indeed!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by bezimo(m): 3:26am On Jan 29, 2016
I know we have our issues here in Nigeria but I wont tolerate the use of denigrative words on our president past or present.
What a thrashy and relevance seeking idoits called economist. I follow global news papers but didnt even know the economist existed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Adminisher: 3:48am On Jan 29, 2016
bezimo:
I know we have our issues here in Nigerua but I wont tolerate the use of denigrative words on our president past or present.
What a thrashy and relevance seeking idoits called economist. I follow global news papers but didnt even know the economist existed.

You did not know Economist existed?. This is very sad.
When Nigeria was Nigeria, Time magazine, Newsweek and Economist were on sale at every new stand. Economist is very high brow.Maybe the rise of news on soctal media sites has affected that. The language they use has not changed and they don't call anybody by their titles

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 4:25am On Jan 29, 2016
this is the REAL award; and the real opinion of the world on gej, not those pseudo awards he is globetrotting around buying in a misguided effort to deceive only himself
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by spinoff: 4:37am On Jan 29, 2016
saxywale:
They are actually right. Nationals of developed countries don't pretend or fake things like Nigerians do. They tell it as it is.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by kenzysmith: 4:58am On Jan 29, 2016
Progressive01:
Calling that man an Ineffectual Buffoon is an insult to buffoons. He is worse than that quite frankly.
u re a disgrace to dis nation "spits"

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by amanikondo: 4:59am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
The Economist is a highly reputable & internationally read newspaper. They shouldn't be using their platform to address the President of a sovereign nation with such denigrating words. We can excuse petty blogs if they do so, but not the likes of CNN, VOA, The Economist, etc.
---
I detest the former president for how he managed the economy, but those words by a foreign newspaper is way out of line.
---
I am seriously gutted with the Economist. I would cancel my subscription with them immediately if I still had one running.
See the bold. Point of correction they were not referring to Buhari. FYI, Jonathan is a Buffon raised to POWER 10.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by focus7: 5:00am On Jan 29, 2016
I am a Nigeria and am not reacting but support the view. Those reacting are buffoon like him.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 5:17am On Jan 29, 2016
kenzysmith:
u re a disgrace to dis nation "spits"
Fvck you too, with knobs on. Jo was an ineffectual buffoon.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Ovamboland(m): 5:18am On Jan 29, 2016
Demmocrats:
The fool that wrote the article on economist wants attention and you guys are giving him that. Just a low life that wants recognition. The dude knows he will never be president of any country and who gave him the guts to insult someone that rule the most powerful black nation in the world.

Yes a rat ruled over the most powerful African lion and we should be proud of the fact abi?
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 5:21am On Jan 29, 2016
free2blast:
Watch how the wailing ekpas will be sounding like saints, the same set of E-diots that calls President Buhari all sorts of names everyday. whether you like it or not, your hero is an "INEFFECTUAL BUFFOON" grin
Ahap. They can go and die, who cares. Matter of fact, I've edited my siggy to constantly keep when reminded of whom their Hero is. grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Ovamboland(m): 5:27am On Jan 29, 2016
myners007:
Its not surprising that such statement is coming from the British because they are the most cunning and pretentious set of people in the world today. These same people will extol the virtues of Jonathan when he was in power for their own aggrandizement and insult him publicly when he is out just for the purpose of benefiting from Buhari Administration.
As long as I am concerned Jonathan deserved to be treated well because he was never overzealous to remain in power.
The British/economist Group should put their house in order before castigating others. My Questions for them are listed below:
1. Why was Princess Diana brutally killed without a trace yet not even the Queen nor the British government was labeled as treacherous and murderous buffoon?
2. Who stole away our artifacts during the illegal invasion and massacre of Benin?
3. Why did the British diplomatically hoodwinked USA into World War 2 when it was becoming apparent that they will concede defeat to the Germans led by Hitler?
4.Why will the British regard themselves as one of the world and economic powers when they produce virtually nothinh apert from extorting money from their citizens and other Nationals under the guise of taxation.
5. why cant Prince Charles be allowed to rule if he is competent?
Nigerians please do not be perturbed by their invectives on GEJ. We know them already cos we are better than them.

Is there anything that can shock Africans out of mental complacency? A president by fiat diverted billions of dollars meant for national security to be shared to his cronies to secure a second term,, directly leading to the death of thousands of citizens and destruction of billions in property yet many many say he is humble, not over zealous or murderous.

Is there any record Hitler personally killed any Jew, yet his policies led to death of millions,m he is hated for that generally and Europeans said never again. Let this happen and Africans will continue to hail their own saying he is not the only one to do such and get away.

Your other 5 points are mainly from a position of ignorance and are not worth addresing. To help you read about the lend-lease act of USA, Japanese attack on Pearl harbour, and lol at UK not producing anything.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by ajepako(f): 5:36am On Jan 29, 2016
Never mind, there is no ugly tag they haven't given him here and ask Mr. Lie

Anyway, wait for these so-called international financial magazines to come for buhari soon

Its their way to undermine growing economies.

Anyway, how does that stops GEJ from being my LOVE? grin grin
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by arusoncd(m): 5:52am On Jan 29, 2016
Buffoon means a political rival. ineffectual buffoon means A political rival that lost in a political contest.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by allthingsgood: 5:54am On Jan 29, 2016
[s]
myners007:
Its not surprising that such statement is coming from the British because they are the most cunning and pretentious set of people in the world today. These same people will extol the virtues of Jonathan when he was in power for their own aggrandizement and insult him publicly when he is out just for the purpose of benefiting from Buhari Administration.
As long as I am concerned Jonathan deserved to be treated well because he was never overzealous to remain in power.
The British/economist Group should put their house in order before castigating others. My Questions for them are listed below:
1. Why was Princess Diana brutally killed without a trace yet not even the Queen nor the British government was labeled as treacherous and murderous buffoon?
2. Who stole away our artifacts during the illegal invasion and massacre of Benin?
3. Why did the British diplomatically hoodwinked USA into World War 2 when it was becoming apparent that they will concede defeat to the Germans led by Hitler?
4.Why will the British regard themselves as one of the world and economic powers when they produce virtually nothinh apert from extorting money from their citizens and other Nationals under the guise of taxation.
Nigerians please do not be perturbed by their invectives on GEJ. We know them already cos we are better than them.
[/s]

But GEJ remains an ineffectual Buffoon! grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Seun360(m): 6:11am On Jan 29, 2016
Progressive01:
Calling that man an Ineffectual Buffoon is an insult to buffoons. He is worse than that quite frankly.

Seconded!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by pulsa(m): 6:12am On Jan 29, 2016
GogetterMD:

1. She died in a car accident, your fictitious mind is going Sherlock Holmes on you
2. Where's proof that the stolen artifacts actually existed in the first place?
3. It's called the Art of War. I doubt if you'd understand that
4. They produce nothing? Really? Rolls Royce, Weapons, fashion lines is nothing too sha I guess. And they aren't the only economy that thrives on taxation
5. Because you want to kill mama Charlie and make Charlie king before his time abi?
are you dumb or crazy "proof of stolen artefacts".

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by mightyhaze: 6:13am On Jan 29, 2016
myners007:
my guy,u get brain!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 29, 2016
The writer and editor had a could have used a more civil language, but I bet they deliberately ignored it choosing instead a more derogatory language. We let them talk to us like that, we let them take our land, our resources directly and through African cronies, we even let them haul our dark ass into ICC jails when their own leaders who have equally committed crimes walk free and get to talk about peace in international conferences. We let them use derogatory term on us. Former president Jonathan ran this country poorly. Ayekooto!
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by iboboyswag(m): 6:17am On Jan 29, 2016
myners007:
Questions for the gods.... If and only if any of your questions addresses the reason for the wanton looting and balkanization of Nigeria's treasury under GEJ, will I then give thoughts to it... Until then, make good ur moniker and resolve those mysteries 007...
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by GogetterMD(m): 6:23am On Jan 29, 2016
pulsa:

are you dumb or crazy "proof of stolen artefacts".
lipsrsealed tongue
Yeah, does it sound strange to you ni? Prove that the artifacts were stolen in the first place

And BTW, how does all your blabbing change the fact that our ex-president was qualified with very derogatory comments by an independent publication of another country?
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by josite: 6:29am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
The Economist is a highly reputable & internationally read newspaper. They shouldn't be using their platform to address the President of a sovereign nation with such denigrating words. We can excuse petty blogs if they do so, but not the likes of CNN, VOA, The Economist, etc.
---
I detest the former president for how he managed the economy, but those words by a foreign newspaper is way out of line.
---
I am seriously gutted with the Economist. I would cancel my subscription with them immediately if I still had one running.

let us not be economical with the truth.is jona not an ineffectual buffoon?,im sure nigerians who lost their lives due to a head of state with primary school intellect will want a stronger word to describe jona ologogoro.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Metrofox(m): 6:36am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
---
---
same way Donald trump said America is being led by 'very stupiid people'
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by iboboyswag(m): 6:37am On Jan 29, 2016
Until the philosophy that confers messianic status on our leaders is discredited and abandoned, we would continually be stuck in the dung.... Until we develop the mental attitude of asking the right questions even whilst submitting to authority, we would continually be hoodwinked....

It is no error of judgement on the part of the Economist, GEJ was ineffectual and the matter of being a buffoon(or would you have preferred clueless,drunk,mumu.....) remains their own opinion and they are entitled to it... Because your culture does not allow you to vet authority does not mean another man's culture stops him from same.

The truth must be told maybe if done internationally then it may hit home....

P.S the UK parliament recently called Donald Trump a buffoon....

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by uchejames2(m): 6:39am On Jan 29, 2016
Progressive01:
sorry for you, if dem put u there u will be worser than the thing you wished jonathan was! Garra hia.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Rebelance(f): 6:41am On Jan 29, 2016
Progressive01:

if its alright with you, for a foreign newspaper to call your ex-ruler an "ineffectual buffoon", you should definitely not be a homo sapien!
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by APCsupporter: 6:43am On Jan 29, 2016
sameer1212:
Even though I never like GEJ,this Economist news paper has gone far and we can't take it Useless people Mtcheeew.

Haba! There was no better way to describe his carelessness. I think he deserves it
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by mrobruche: 6:46am On Jan 29, 2016
They are right
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by tiwiex(m): 6:48am On Jan 29, 2016
I never see direct link to the economist. Can someone post a credible link?
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Ahmedhussain3463: 6:48am On Jan 29, 2016
sameer1212:
Even though I never like GEJ,this Economist news paper has gone far and we can't take it Useless people Mtcheeew.
jonathanians wont kill me with laugh i swear,u angry they bashing ur best ever nigeria president abi?
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by mrobruche: 6:50am On Jan 29, 2016
The Economist is right. Jonathan was even worse than that.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by pulsa(m): 6:51am On Jan 29, 2016
GogetterMD:

lipsrsealed tongue
Yeah, does it sound strange to you ni? Prove that the artifacts were stolen in the first place

And BTW, how does all your blabbing change the fact that our ex-president was qualified with very derogatory comments by an independent publication of another country?
I was about wasting my time posting articles and images, but then I realised you were not worth the effort.

In between, I know Jonathan was clueless ( he still is), but I have a problem with other people; racist whites, insulting him, as they are actually insulting a former "President and Commanding officer of the federal republic of Nigeria", this can and must never be accepted as it sets a precedence to other derogatory remarks that will follow against our elected officials, and who knows they might insult a serving one next time.

And please don't quote me again, if you can not relate to and understand what I have said above.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem / President Tinubu Meets Oil Marketers Over Subsidy Removal / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To #EndSARS Campaign On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.