Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,041 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (48394 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi: "I Didn't Write The Economist 'Ineffectual Buffoon' Article" / ''Tolu Ogunlesi Wrote "The Economist" Article Calling GEJ ineffectual Buffoon'' / THE ECONOMIST Tags Jonathan As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
The Economist is a highly reputable & internationally read newspaper. They shouldn't be using their platform to address the President of a sovereign nation with such denigrating words. We can excuse petty blogs if they do so, but not the likes of CNN, VOA, The Economist, etc.
---
I detest the former president for how he managed the economy, but those words by a foreign newspaper is way out of line.
---
I am seriously gutted with the Economist. I would cancel my subscription with them immediately if I still had one running.

You will cancel your subscription with the Economist indeed!
Have you eaten at all? Has your father paid your school fees? Stop deceiving yourself, son.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 29, 2016
Demmocrats:
The fool that wrote the article on economist wants attention and you guys are giving him that. Just a low life that wants recognition. The dude knows he will never be president of any country and who gave him the guts to insult someone that rule the most powerful black nation in the world.

And the f00l and idiot who wrote this wants likes!
Thunder fire you and your entire generation

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by kenzysmith: 8:38am On Jan 29, 2016
Progressive01:
Fvck you too, with knobs on. Jo was an ineffectual buffoon.
u and ur entire generation can never attained the height Jonathan ve reach u re of the problem in this country

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 8:46am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
The Economist is a highly reputable & internationally read newspaper. They shouldn't be using their platform to address the [b]President of a sovereign nation [/b]with such denigrating words. We can excuse petty blogs if they do so, but not the likes of CNN, VOA, The Economist, etc.
---
I detest the former president for how he managed the economy, but those words by a foreign newspaper is way out of line.
---
I am seriously gutted with the Economist. I would cancel my subscription with them immediately if I still had one running.
. My friend listen to me; I donot care all u wrote up there; but DONNOT EVER call than man My president; he is no longer the president of this country(God be praised). Do not ever wish such doom on us again...

As for "the economist". I care less what they refer to him as, after all, he is a. Normal Nigerian like me...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by bayinq25(m): 8:47am On Jan 29, 2016
MeloGistDotCom:

Seriously they have gone too far by pokenosing on nigeria's private issues..
corruption isn't a private thing because it involves stealing of public funds thereby rendering many Nigerians useless..corruption led to loss of lives as a result of humongous funds looted in the military..many are rendered homeless,fatherless,motherless and useless today...now how private is that?
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by minnato: 8:48am On Jan 29, 2016
myners007:
Its not surprising that such statement is coming from the British because they are the most cunning and pretentious set of people in the world today. These same people will extol the virtues of Jonathan when he was in power for their own aggrandizement and insult him publicly when he is out just for the purpose of benefiting from Buhari Administration.
As long as I am concerned Jonathan deserved to be treated well because he was never overzealous to remain in power.
The British/economist Group should put their house in order before castigating others. My Questions for them are listed below:
1. Why was Princess Diana brutally killed without a trace yet not even the Queen nor the British government was labeled as treacherous and murderous buffoon?
2. Who stole away our artifacts during the illegal invasion and massacre of Benin?
3. Why did the British diplomatically hoodwinked USA into World War 2 when it was becoming apparent that they will concede defeat to the Germans led by Hitler?
4.Why will the British regard themselves as one of the world and economic powers when they produce virtually nothinh apert from extorting money from their citizens and other Nationals under the guise of taxation.
5. why cant Prince Charles be allowed to rule if he is competent?
Nigerians please do not be perturbed by their invectives on GEJ. We know them already cos we are better than them.
N.B

So many persons have quoted me for the wrong reason by supporting the humliliating and scandalousb write up against our immediate past president. If a Nigerian paper or group should write anything bad against the Govt of England or the Queen they would have demanded for immediate apology or resorted to the indiscriminate deportation of law abiding Nigeriana living in the UK.
Remember oyr National Pledge for the sake of Patriotism
I PLEDGE to Nigeria My Country
To be FAITHFUL,LOYAL and HONEST
To Serve Nigeria with all my STRENGHT
To DEFEND her UNITY,UPHOLD her( HONOUR) and GLORY
So Help Me God.
I remain loyal and hold nobody any apology on my stands to defend Nigeria. Thank You.

Jonathan is not Nigeria!!!
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Abel202: 8:53am On Jan 29, 2016
[b]The Economist is a very respected news outlet.
I have always loved the way they write and analyse issues.

The level of corruption that went on under former president Goodluck Jonathan while he watched is mind-boggling, that is a fact.
However the Economist has gone beyond their scope. This is down right insulting, unwarranted and unproffessional.
You don't use such words on a former president of the most populous Black nation on earth. This is insulting to the whole of us Nigerians and this is unacceptable.
The government of president Buhari should immediately register their official complaint on this or else they will soon use such words on him soon.

But this is a lesson to us all even here on Nairaland. It is ok to criticise. Infact its well within your right to criticise any seemingly erring public official even if he happens to be the president. But please don't use insulting words. Mind the words you use for others are watching. Its not when they use similar words to insult your father, you start crying me a river like we are doing now over this issue.[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Bevista: 8:54am On Jan 29, 2016
killerman47:
. My friend listen to me; I donot care all u wrote up there; but DONNOT EVER call than man My president; he is no longer the president of this country(God be praised). Do not ever wish such doom on us again...

As for "the economist". I care less what they refer to him as, after all, he is a. Normal Nigerian like me...
Noted Sir!
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Alwaystruth: 8:55am On Jan 29, 2016
My brother,If GEJ is an ineffectual buffoon,then Bubu as an imbecilic buffoon,simple and short.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 8:56am On Jan 29, 2016
kenzysmith:
u and ur entire generation can never attained the height Jonathan ve reach u re of the problem in this country
We don't have to. We are VERY comfortable. Jonathan is an Ineffectual Buffoon. If it pains you so badly, kill yaself. grin
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Bevista: 8:58am On Jan 29, 2016
JayJohnson:
Have you eaten at all? Has your father paid your school fees? Stop deceiving yourself, son.
And how does hauling insults at me do your poor self esteem any good?!
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 9:01am On Jan 29, 2016
APCsupporter:

Haba! There was no better way to describe his carelessness. I think he deserves it
Lol.. Bro, you think so?
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 29, 2016
Ahmedhussain3463:
jonathanians wont kill me with laugh i swear,u angry they bashing ur best ever nigeria president abi?
Me jonathanian? I think you are new here that's you don't know me.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 9:05am On Jan 29, 2016
MeloGistDotCom:

I tell you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by comrChris(m): 9:05am On Jan 29, 2016
oyb:
this is the REAL award; and the real opinion of the world on gej, not those pseudo awards he is globetrotting around buying in a misguided effort to deceive only himself
Have you or your father been awarded for anything? the answer must definitely be no.
you know what try getting one and see how difficult it is but as long as you have none and still have the effrontery to insult the likes of gej you are indeed a slowpoke that suffered a poor up bringing

lf you have someone like Jonathan in your lineage your life do not be the way it is

How can some people be celebrating this kind of derogatory and baseless statement by the Economist, its a slap on our face because you do not try this on the whites no matter how bad their leaders are and not be forced to apologise

the question is how long are we going to continue with gej this and gej that instead of holding the present govt responsible for our present woes? everyday things that deviate our attention from this govt keeps coming out and we are falling to it

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 29, 2016
The gullible myopic morons and intellectual ignoramus with their provincial mentality won't read and digest the whole article.

To summarize the article,the Buhari govt aka dullard of daura regime economic policy will cripple the Nigeria economy and turn a millionaire to an almajari begger in few years.

Ndi'aras!
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by malachytochukwu(m): 9:32am On Jan 29, 2016
Most times, common sense tells so much about the man/woman behind any comment.
Progressive01:
Calling that man an Ineffectual Buffoon is an insult to buffoons. He is worse than that quite frankly.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by ebenholer(m): 9:33am On Jan 29, 2016
I agree with Melaye but not a justifying reason for corruption continuity. Elder Statesman Obasanjo is writing to NA as he supposes to do. I believe Obasanjo realised for so long that he was not a saint but dear NA we voted u becos we believe d acclaimed Change will come through you but if u failed to ensure this, we will have to repent of our action in voting u in there...
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
And how does hauling insults at me do your poor self esteem any good?!

Your poor esteem, I ca feed the whole of your family for ten year with payment made in advance!!
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by trappatoni(m): 9:34am On Jan 29, 2016
Chukzyfcb:
Those that'll react to this will be divided along PDP & APC line; just observe!
nope! We're all together on this one, no matter how ineffectual GEJ was its not right for the economist to refer to a former President of a sovereign country in such manner. They should do the needful-retract and tender unreserved apology.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Orikinla(m): 9:36am On Jan 29, 2016
What of these insults on GEJ by fellow Nigerians? grin

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Bevista: 9:38am On Jan 29, 2016
JayJohnson:
Your poor esteem, I ca feed the whole of your family for ten year with payment made in advance!!
I would seriously appreciate that. How do I send in my family request?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by ebenholer(m): 9:39am On Jan 29, 2016
sorry for above mix up comments by me. it is actually meant for another topic entirely
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Elbowroom: 9:40am On Jan 29, 2016
myners007:
Its not surprising that such statement is coming from the British because they are the most cunning and pretentious set of people in the world today. These same people will extol the virtues of Jonathan when he was in power for their own aggrandizement and insult him publicly when he is out just for the purpose of benefiting from Buhari Administration.
As long as I am concerned Jonathan deserved to be treated well because he was never overzealous to remain in power.
The British/economist Group should put their house in order before castigating others. My Questions for them are listed below:
1. Why was Princess Diana brutally killed without a trace yet not even the Queen nor the British government was labeled as treacherous and murderous buffoon?
2. Who stole away our artifacts during the illegal invasion and massacre of Benin?
3. Why did the British diplomatically hoodwinked USA into World War 2 when it was becoming apparent that they will concede defeat to the Germans led by Hitler?
4.Why will the British regard themselves as one of the world and economic powers when they produce virtually nothinh apert from extorting money from their citizens and other Nationals under the guise of taxation.
5. why cant Prince Charles be allowed to rule if he is competent?
Nigerians please do not be perturbed by their invectives on GEJ. We know them already cos we are better than them.
N.B

So many persons have quoted me for the wrong reason by supporting the humliliating and scandalousb write up against our immediate past president. If a Nigerian paper or group should write anything bad against the Govt of England or the Queen they would have demanded for immediate apology or resorted to the indiscriminate deportation of law abiding Nigeriana living in the UK.
Remember oyr National Pledge for the sake of Patriotism
I PLEDGE to Nigeria My Country
To be FAITHFUL,LOYAL and HONEST
To Serve Nigeria with all my STRENGHT
To DEFEND her UNITY,UPHOLD her( HONOUR) and GLORY
So Help Me God.
I remain loyal and hold nobody any apology on my stands to defend Nigeria. Thank You.

even in your " copy and paste " you till saying rubbish.... bad English everywhere
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Osgilliat(m): 9:43am On Jan 29, 2016
MeloGistDotCom:

Nigeria private issues?? Seriously? Private issues.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Blooit004: 9:48am On Jan 29, 2016
Bevista:
The Economist is a highly reputable & internationally read newspaper. They shouldn't be using their platform to address the President of a sovereign nation with such denigrating words. We can excuse petty blogs if they do so, but not the likes of CNN, VOA, The Economist, etc.
---
---
. I disagree with you my dear nairalander, Jonathan was a grossly irresponsible and Incompetent leader that elevated impunity in our society to an unbelievable level. When are we going to learn to start calling a spade what it truly is? Many are sick yet doctors are jobless, no infrastructure yet engineers are jobless, pilots are jobless, zoology graduates are getting bank jobs while accountants and economists can find jobs. Is it until we wait till things get so bad that Nigerians start travelling to various developing countries to take odd jobs like security guards earning peanuts that we should start begging internationally recognized news outlets like the Economist to write about our plight? Jonathan was(is) more than an ineffectual buffoon and I have no problem with anybody saying so. The truth remains the truth, regardless of who says it.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Misselocon(f): 9:52am On Jan 29, 2016
Infact eh! who cares how white or international dey are? What da? Jux cheap talks everywhere.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by Progressive01(m): 9:52am On Jan 29, 2016
malachytochukwu:
Most times, common sense tells so much about the man/woman behind any comment.
Of course Mr Tochukwu, it does. cheesy

By their names, ye shall know them. Tochukwu this one is. grin
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by 989900: 9:53am On Jan 29, 2016
Oga Jona is 'clueless', but fxck the economist -- how dare they . . .
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by HRich(m): 10:04am On Jan 29, 2016
Don't blame them. They thought Goodluck still the Nigerian President and Buhari his Vice.
Re: Nigerians React After The Economist Tagged GEJ As "An Ineffectual Buffoon" by myners007: 10:06am On Jan 29, 2016
Elbowroom:

even in your " copy and paste " you till saying rubbish.... bad English everywhere
Even in ur widest imagination u can't stand me in terms of educational qualification,career achievement,wealth acquisition or societal development.Infact u are suppose to be referred to as an ineffectual Buffy instead of GEJ as u ve never contributed any meaningful thing in Nairaland as contained in your soury profile

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Kuje Jailbreak: 69 Persons Wanted By Nigerian Correctional Service (Photos) / Justice Sylvanus Nsofor, Ambassadorial Nominee Refuses To Recite National Anthem / President Tinubu Meets Oil Marketers Over Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.