Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,980 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment (63944 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Poses With His Sister At His Court Hearing Today. Photos / Ondo Election: Supreme Court Stops Jegede's Appeal. / Akwa Ibom Election Supreme Court Judgement: Live Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by fizzile(m): 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
nwadiuko1:
in order to actually have an unbiased grasp of what really happened during the elections in Abia...., we need to know the voting pattern/ strength of the state, We have to understand what is happening from
the historical perspective of Abia State politics.
Abia is divided into two distinct blocs - the old
Bende Division and the old Aba Division. The
old Bende Division has eight local government
areas and the old Aba Division has nine.
Abia North is exclusively old Bende, Abia South
is exclusively old Aba; and then in Abia Central,
we have three local government areas from
each of the two divisions. This is the
composition of Abia State.
Starting from the First Republic, Dr M. I.
Okpara, Premier of Eastern Region, was from
old Bende Division and when you come to the
period of the military rule, Commodore Ebitu
Ukiwe, Admiral Ndubuisi Kanu, Major General
Ike Nwachukwu, Amadi Ikweche, Admiral
Chijioke Kaja, Navy Captain Osondu were all
from old Bende.
Also, the first civilian governor of Abia State, Dr.
Ogbonnaya Onu, is from old Bende, before the
creation of Ebonyi State, when his community
became part of today’s Ebonyi State.
Civilian governors

The remaining former civilian governors, Orji
Uzor Kalu and Theodore Ahamefule Orji, were
also both from old Bende though under the
current political division, Kalu is from Abia
North while Orji is from Abia Central.
So, this has been the issue. No Ngwa person
had governed the state. All they have produced
since the days of the late Chief Sam Onunaka
Mbakwe of old Imo State were deputy
governors.

The two deputy governors that Mbakwe had, Dr
Agbalaha and Chief Paul Uzoigwe, were all from
Ngwa land. It is as if the rest of the state is
saying that the old Aba cannot produce the
governor of the state. So, Abians came together
and felt that it is fair that the current governor
of Abia State should come from Ngwa land,
from old Aba Division, especially from Abia
South, or if you like, from Ukwa Ngwa. This is
based on rotation.

During the last election, practically all the
political parties chose their governorship
candidates from Abia South as a sign that
everyone accepts the need for fairness based
on rotation. So, for the first time they had the
chance and they voted overwhelmingly for their
son.

So, for someone to say suddenly that this thing
they have been dreaming of and got is no
longer so is unacceptable, to them.
This is part of the tension, especially because
they were or about to be denied this
opportunity. Obingwa, the local government
area of origin of the governor, Dr Okezie
Ikpeazu, and the two neighbouring LGAs,
Isialangwa North and Osisioma, which is his
natural base, the votes of these three local
government areas, which favoured him
overwhelmingly, were totally cancelled by the
Court of Appeal.

This means that Ikpeazu, his wife, family and
relatives did not vote for him. Another issue
here is the voting pattern of Abia State. We all
know that to win a governorship election in
Abia State, you must win Obingwa and Bende.
Otti won in Bende and Ikpeazu won
overwhelmingly in Obingwa, his local
government of origin, only for the court to
cancel it, in addition to Osisioma and
Isialangwa North.

Now, when you look at the voting strength of
these three LGAs, it is one-third of the entire
voting strength of Abia State. So, there is
nowhere A or B can win Abia governorship
election without the result of one-third of the
state’s voting strength.........let justice prevail!!
You are simply talking trash. Do u think supreme court has time for all this analysis? What's their business with where the candidates are from? And if I may ask u,how come the REC cancelled results in those areas under contention? How come the number of votes cast were much more higher than the number of accredited voters uploaded on the inec database? People just sit and write with all manner of patisanship and self centredness. Am ashamed dat all some of u focus on is where and where a candidate is from. So because Okezie is constructin 3rd grade roads in Aba now makes him a perfect Governor. What has he done in other areas in Abia state? If u want to see world class roads,go to Akwa Ibom. Some of u r just so myopic.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by santinoj(m): 1:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
fizzile:
If u want to see world class roads,go to Akwa Ibom. Some of u r just so myopic.

Please enlighten us on what is the allocation of Akwa Ibom compared to Abia!

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by fizzile(m): 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
Am sorry to say this,its just unfortunate that some of u r so myopic and don't write intellectually. So because Ikpeazu constructed few roads in Aba now makes him a Great Governor? What's the internally generated revenue in the state? What has he done in other areas of Abia? Am so embarassed that most of u are more concerned about where a candidate is from and forget the future of Abia. When Ikpeazu was in ASEPA what did he do? So because he is using cement and gravel on the streets of Aba,it now makes him one superb governor. Go to akwa ibom and u will see world class roads. Go to umuahia and look at infrastructural decay,take a look at the schools in abia. All most of u clamour for is someone fron ukwa ngwa. God have mercy. I wonder if abians r going forward or backward.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by inri: 1:53pm On Feb 03, 2016
in this Abia Governorship case, anything can happen
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by fizzile(m): 1:57pm On Feb 03, 2016
santinoj:

So are you telling me a state like Abia should depend solely on allocation? Do u knw hw much is generated from ariaria market alone? The tax generated from aba alone can fix so many things but abians are so emotional when it comes to selecting who leads them. An industrial center like aba shouldn't depend somuch on allocation. Go to aba,all u find are touts everywhere collecting all manner of levies and enriching themselves. Aba can generate millions of naira every month my brother.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by LadyExcellency: 2:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
fizzile:
So are you telling me a state like Abia should depend solely on allocation? Do u knw hw much is generated from ariaria market alone? The tax generated from aba alone can fix so many things but abians are so emotional when it comes to selecting who leads them. An industrial center like aba shouldn't depend somuch on allocation. Go to aba,all u find are touts everywhere collecting all manner of levies and enriching themselves. Aba can generate millions of naira every month my brother.

Being a class monitor is different from governing a State.

Your are like a Football spectator that thinks he knows better than a Coach.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by reflx(m): 2:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
status quo - Ikpeazu
21st to 22nd century from ideology to reality - Alex Otti

must surrounding states be our comparison! God Forbid!!! angry angry angry
our fullest potentials must be realised...
Abians outside Abia are the most progressive, forward thinking and blessed peoples..why is our state so backward...time to move forward!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by phiphis: 2:07pm On Feb 03, 2016
Otii has just been declared winner by the supreme court and order the Abia State CJ to swell Him immediately. can some one confirmed this pls.........

i am waiting......

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Arthaus(m): 2:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
All these guys copying and pasting verbatim, the interview granted to a PDP party member, should have also been reasonable to share the view of the APGA interviewee, as the same Vanguard newspaper carried both interviews at the same time. Shame that you couldn't even acknowledge your source. On performance, the same low town villa I saw during Ikpeazu's inauguration has turned a beehive of road and infrastructural construction activities, even after his late mum's burial. Whilst what obtains from that 7up axis down is nothing but a mix of half scraped roads, gravel and dusty patches.
Anya sakwaa unu.
Let Justice Be Served.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by henchamb(m): 2:11pm On Feb 03, 2016
phiphis:
Otii has just been declared winner by the supreme court and order the Abia State CJ to swell Him immediately. can some one confirmed this pls.........

i am waiting......

Swell ko..
İt's a lie tho.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Gozzzy(m): 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
kayce911:
I'm not an Ngwa man but you have just spoken the truth,you have just spoken the mind of of all equity and peace loving abians....As an ohafia man I love Justice and supreme court should give IKPEAZU Justice today.
I put it to you, that you are not an ambassador of justice... you are a sentimental and biased apology of a human being!!! you are talking because of ude oko chukwu!!!! because Otti's running mate is a woman,and you people may not get much from behind from her, just as ude oko chukwu was already doing!!!
justice should prevail!
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 2:12pm On Feb 03, 2016
Another appeal from Akwa Ibom State (SC/7/2016) is called up. Same appearances and proceedings as before; same arguments canvassed
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
phiphis:

i am waiting......
Hahahahahaha, you APGA people are just pathetic and sore losers. The Supreme Court is still hearing the six Appeals from Akwa Ibom State. Abia has not been mentioned yet until later in the day
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by nwadiuko1(m): 2:15pm On Feb 03, 2016
fizzile:
You are simply talking trash. Do u think supreme court has time for all this analysis? What's their business with where the candidates are from? And if I may ask u,how come the REC cancelled results in those areas under contention? How come the number of votes cast were much more higher than the number of accredited voters uploaded on the inec database? People just sit and write with all manner of patisanship and self centredness. Am ashamed dat all some of u focus on is where and where a candidate is from. So because Okezie is constructin 3rd grade roads in Aba now makes him a perfect Governor. What has he done in other areas in Abia state? If u want to see world class roads,go to Akwa Ibom. Some of u r just so myopic.
you can say what you want but it doesn't change the fact that whatever I wrote up there is nothing but the truth........you ask why the REC cancelled the votes in the first place? I l answer that question by telling you that RECs have no right under the Constitution of the federal Republic of Nigeria to cancel any result from even a polling unit, not to talk about a whole local government..... and I ask you why did he latter admit those results?

you also want to know why the number of votes cast was more than the number of accredited voters in inec database? I will also answer that by telling you that the inec card reader was not the only allowed mode of accreditation during that election.....inec allowed manual accreditation! ( you can look into the case of inec vs pdp in lagos state to get your self informed)

meanwhile irrespective of who wins today......we are still abians , we are brothers.....God bless Abia

3 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by KingTom(m): 2:19pm On Feb 03, 2016
nwadiuko1:
malaria.........kingtom you are needed here ASAP
and typhoid grin

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by fizzile(m): 2:20pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief46:

Hahahahahaha, you APGA people are just pathetic and sore losers. The Supreme Court is still hearing the six Appeals from Akwa Ibom State. Abia has not been mentioned yet until later in the day
In ur opening statement u stated dat u won't be biased,so why r u now being biased? Even if u r pdp supporter,u shldnt hv made such response. Not nice of u abeg.

5 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by kingofabia: 2:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
God bless you forever and ever. He is building smalll roads and everyone is hailing him.has he told us how much he spent to build those road. Why is he not building the road that leads to ariria and ahia ohuru or cemetery. Our fingers are so crossed

fizzile:
Am sorry to say this,its just unfortunate that some of u r so myopic and don't write intellectually. So because Ikpeazu constructed few roads in Aba now makes him a Great Governor? What's the internally generated revenue in the state? What has he done in other areas of Abia? Am so embarassed that most of u are more concerned about where a candidate is from and forget the future of Abia. When Ikpeazu was in ASEPA what did he do? So because he is using cement and gravel on the streets of Aba,it now makes him one superb governor. Go to akwa ibom and u will see world class roads. Go to umuahia and look at infrastructural decay,take a look at the schools in abia. All most of u clamour for is someone fron ukwa ngwa. God have mercy. I wonder if abians r going forward or backward.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by modik(m): 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
KingTom:
and typhoid grin

Gbam
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by betterABIAstate: 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
Bigchief46:

so the op is a partisan after all, okezie will lose and you will break the news here.

So because he did few substandard roads, he's now a good governor, God forbid he buys my heart with his road gimmicks.
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by kayce911(f): 2:27pm On Feb 03, 2016
on the 3rd of November 2015 the tribunal gave IKPEAZU victory and on the 3rd February the supreme court gave the same IKPEAZU victory.

We are already drinking to the victory.

long live our able governor

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by betterABIAstate: 2:29pm On Feb 03, 2016
kingofabia:
God bless you forever and ever. He is building smalll roads and everyone is hailing him.has he told us how much he spent to build those road. Why is he not building the road that leads to ariria and ahia ohuru or cemetery. Our fingers are so crossed

he's building those substandard roads to get few sympathizers and voters in case a rerun comes up. I watched his documentary on AIT yesterday and laughed at the roads he's building, he should take a walk to akwa ibom and Enugu to see how roads are been constructed.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by kayce911(f): 2:31pm On Feb 03, 2016
Gozzzy:

I put it to you, that you are not an ambassador of justice... you are a sentimental and biased apology of a human being!!! you are talking because of ude oko chukwu!!!! because Otti's running mate is a woman,and you people may not get much from behind from her, just as ude oko chukwu was already doing!!!
justice should prevail!
mechia onu...abians have suffered a lot. God will never allow another wicked capitalist to be in charge of abia...abia will rise again.

ikpeazu is the man

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by fizzile(m): 2:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
kingofabia:

hahahahah.. Don't mind dem. Road that is a necessity. Something that is our right and people are rejoicing as if the man turned water into wine.

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by kingofabia: 2:33pm On Feb 03, 2016
OP, so u r not even neutral on this case. anyway i hope to see what u will type when judgement is given and its goes against ur will....U wud have just remained neutral on this case

Bigchief46:

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 2:40pm On Feb 03, 2016
Submissions by Counsels in the Akwa Ibom Appeas still ongoing. Chief Wole Olanipekun, SAN is still addressing the Court

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Nobody: 2:45pm On Feb 03, 2016
santinoj:

this my people are so myopic so u can't give ur people a standard project that can stand d test of time because of ur allocation
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by fizzile(m): 2:48pm On Feb 03, 2016
kevinscore:

this my people are so myopic so u can't give ur people a standard project that can stand d test of time because of ur allocation
My brother me I don't undstnd abians again. My own issue is,how about the taxes generated in Ariaria alone? What do they do with it?
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 2:49pm On Feb 03, 2016
fizzile:
In ur opening statement u stated dat u won't be biased,so why r u now being biased? Even if u r pdp supporter,u shldnt hv made such response. Not nice of u abeg.
And where exactly is the bias? Someone posted that Supreme Court has given Judgment in favor of Alex Otti and ordered the CJ to swear him in which is totally false when I am sitting right there in Court; does slapping him down for telling lies amount to bias?
And where did I say I am not partisan? Of course I am partisan and support some candidates whether in Rivers, Akwa Ibom, Kogi, Anambra, Abia. BUT I AM NOT BIASED IN MY REPORTING OF THE FACTS TAKING PLACE IN THE SUPREME COURT today. I hope you are intelligent enough to know the difference between partisanship in respect of the substance of issues and partisanship IN THE REPORTING of the issues. I will give you only the true facts of what is happening; where my sympathies lie is not for this thread

5 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by kalufelix(m): 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2016
fizzile:
haha you jus fall dat guy hand...

Bloody PDP tout forgot to be professional. Anyway na today company go fold make dem go chop the one wey reach dem in the last 6months
Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by modik(m): 2:54pm On Feb 03, 2016
kayce911:
mechia onu...abians have suffered a lot. God will never allow another wicked capitalist to be in charge of abia...abia will rise again.

ikpeazu is the man

GBAM. Louder pls.

1 Like

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by kingofabia: 3:01pm On Feb 03, 2016
kayce911:

ikpeazu is the man

so we should now suffer in the hands of a clueless man. A man that could do nothing as a man in ASEPA. what has he achieved as an individual prior to now. has any company be built in aba or umuahia. someone is building cement roads and we r rejoicing.... roads without drainage or street light.. My dear, visit lagos or akwa ibom or enugu and u will be ashamed.... Even as amobode is being blasted, every where in Lagos has been lit up. Robberies have reduced. meanwhile kidnappers are back to abia state esp ABA cos the government is clueless....We are still waiting for the Judgement

2 Likes

Re: Abia Governorship Election Supreme Court Hearing & Possible Judgment by Bigchief46(m): 3:06pm On Feb 03, 2016
All Akwa Ibom Appeals have now been heard and Judgment reserved for later today. The Court is now starting with the Abia Appeals starting with SC/18/2016: Okezie Victor Ikpeazu (Ph.D) V. Alex Otti. It is the same panel that heard the Akwa Ibom Appeals and the CJN, Mahmud Mohammed is presiding

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Shaibu Vacates Office For LASU 5.0 CGPA Graduate as Acting Edo Deputy Gov (Pics) / Newly Acquired Military Equipment Being Transported Through Lagos / Photos Of Ike Ekweremadu's House Blocked By Armed Police In Abuja.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.