Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m (11921 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. / Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by REALTRUTH1: 10:45am On Jul 02, 2009
OMO IBO:

around 21:45 i just dey my own jeje my girl friend mama call me say 'daddy G. O said we should pray againt death between 11pm and 1am'.

i take style vex but i reluctantly did it but not for 2 hours.
 This is madness in the highest order,,Many Nigerian Pastors have mental problems and the operate in a mentally challenged country that is the simple reason why they thrive in their business.
Between this time everyday in Nigeria,,Nothing can ever stop somebody or someone from dying,,,a country of over 160Million people,,,where there is no form of sound health care,,and in most cases more than half of the population is unhealthy as can be seen in the President,,,why wouldn't some one dies?
Now, more than the above,,why would any christian be afraid of death? Paul said in the Bible to die is even GAIN to a christian.As far as I know,,this is an indication that Nigeria has been so deeply messed up religiuos wise.Why would any christian or anybody wait until his/her pastor ask them to pray against a thing,,,
 Any pastor or any religion that tells you God is solely responsible for ur action or inaction is an irresponsible pastor or religion.People and christians needs to take responsibilty for thier lives and not handing their lives to pastors or people who are exhibiting one form of mental illness or the other,,why is it their prophecies is only about death?Nonesense !!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by tkb417(m): 10:49am On Jul 02, 2009
This is madness in the highest order,,Many Nigerian Pastors have mental problems and the operate in a mentally challenged country that is the simple reason why they thrive in their business.
Between this time everyday in Nigeria,,Nothing can ever stop somebody or someone from dying,,,a country of over 160Million people,,,where there is no form of sound health care,,and in most cases more than half of the population is unhealthy as can be seen in the President,,,why wouldn't some one dies?
Now, more than the above,,why would any christian be afraid of death? Paul said in the Bible to die is even GAIN to a christian.As far as I know,,this is an indication that Nigeria has been so deeply messed up religiuos wise.Why would any christian or anybody wait until his/her pastor ask them to pray against a thing,,,
Any pastor or any religion that tells you God is solely responsible for ur action or inaction is an irresponsible pastor or religion.People and christians needs to take responsibilty for thier lives and not handing their lives to pastors or people who are exhibiting one form of mental illness or the other,,why is it their prophecies is only about death?Nonesense !!!

madness is praying for urself?
who told you the man said people will die between the hours mentioned?

who is this baggar?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by kalmebad(f): 10:59am On Jul 02, 2009
Not so religious but there are things i don't doubt

Got two txt regarding this, the first one alarmed me

I did pray shaa eventhough i slept off half way, Chei devil @ work

Well, God will not forsake us nor our love ones
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by dlox01(m): 11:01am On Jul 02, 2009
Wilfem:

Virtually everyone in my office said they got it, including, I myself, although I slept off. May God have mercy on me

Y r u asking 4 mercy?is it coz its adeboye's txt?what happened to God can pass a message to u through anybody?if u think properly, ul see that signs have been sent through alot of people to u but u have ignored becoz u havnt seen them as GOD sent or divine(devil don cover ur eyes) while ur waiting for an adeboye txt,this prayer  is something u should be doing everyday not 11 to 1 am.

@ maykelly,
abeg shut your mouth and stop with ur T.B joshua fantacies,Death is inevitable,we all will die someday.this ur MJ analogy is so irritating,abi make d guy no die or God go postpone am becoz of he prayed through T.B??its people like u dat believe u cannot talk to God except through Miracle T.B,jerry curl Oyahkill,Gramma  n dramma Chris,Txt money seeking boye,private jet troting oyedepo and others,pls believe in urself,GOD answers all okay?dont waste ur trans money seeking when the answer is by ur bedside and with u always
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by REALTRUTH1: 11:08am On Jul 02, 2009
tkb417:

madness is praying for urself?
who told you the man said people will die between the hours mentioned?

who is this baggar?
 The problem you and others have is that you can only think with twisted religious perception,,,why he said so that you would not weep over ur loved ones,,,tell me what weeping over loved ones implies?
You know what? I believe in the one and only true God, who has called us into His ritghteousness and who sent His son and said as many as receive Him into their lives,,to them He gave power to become sons of God and a joint heirs to God's kingdom.
If you a Bible student and U read ur Bible very well,,,you would understand that most Nigerian pastors re manipulators,,,they would say they see,,when in real sense they never saw anything,,Until Nigerians start questioning some of these pastors,,we would continue to remain in spiritual doldrums,slavery and entrapement,,,
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Boslo: 11:09am On Jul 02, 2009
Okokomeji

Make Pastor Adeboye go sit down for somewhere, lies too much, wetin God no send you, he go say he does! Anyway, after this one e go be God says make all of una contribute money. Too much religious belief holds progress and logics.
How can you talk like this to a man of God.May God forgive you for you don't know what you are doing.

Well,I got the txt and I forwarded to some friends and family.Was not too sure it was from the Man of God,but i still prayed though not throughout 11pm-1am.I thought of it that it mit be a scam from telecomms to boost their sales but then i still prayed cos it is not a bad idea.Besides the message might actually be from the Man of God.who knows.Whatever shall I prayed and God has answered.May we never mourn or weep over any of our loved ones.Amen.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by REALTRUTH1: 11:10am On Jul 02, 2009
dlox01:

Y r u asking 4 mercy?is it coz its adeboye's txt?what happened to God can pass a message to u through anybody?if u think properly, ul see that signs have been sent through alot of people to u but u have ignored becoz u havnt seen them as GOD sent or divine(devil don cover ur eyes) while ur waiting for an adeboye txt,this prayer is something u should be doing everyday not 11 to 1 am.

@ maykelly,
abeg shut your mouth and stop with ur T.B joshua fantacies,Death is inevitable,we all will die someday.this ur MJ analogy is so irritating,abi make d guy no die or God go postpone am becoz of he prayed through T.B??its people like u dat believe u cannot talk to God except through Miracle T.B,jerry curl Oyahkill,Gramma n dramma Chris,Txt money seeking boye,private jet troting oyedepo and others,pls believe in urself,GOD answers all okay?dont waste ur trans money seeking when the answer is by ur bedside and with u always

God bless you man,,I can see some people are now waking up to reality
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by sley4life(m): 11:13am On Jul 02, 2009
the problem about one section of 9ja is we worship human as our God. Arent u meant to pray everyday of your life. Why will one person send msg to pray 11pm-2am & u take it serious. Tomorrow, Rev king will send such msg & u lad will follow suite. Too bad, we need to change from such perspective. MTN,GLO, ZAIN & others have ripped u off your hard earned cash
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by argent(f): 11:18am On Jul 02, 2009
I got the text too and I felt that prayers cant be too much, since I will be praying to my God. I went on my knees and prayed but I didnt forward the text to people.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by tkb417(m): 11:19am On Jul 02, 2009
The problem you and others have is that you can only think with twisted religious perception,,,why he said so that you would not weep over ur loved ones,,,tell me what weeping over loved ones implies?
You know what? I believe in the one and only true God, who has called us into His ritghteousness and who sent His son and said as many as receive Him into their lives,,to them He gave power to become sons of God and a joint heirs to God's kingdom.
If you a Bible student and U read ur Bible very well,,,you would understand that most Nigerian pastors re manipulators,,,they would say they see,,when in real sense they never saw anything,,Until Nigerians start questioning some of these pastors,,we would continue to remain in spiritual doldrums,slavery and entrapement,,,
i hear you.
My point is, what is madness in praying for urself or people asking you to pray.
agreed you are supposed to be praying for urself daily_ agreed.

Now,someone says, would you pray for so so and so between so so and so time to avert so so and so cos we cant see what hes seen
and you call it madness?

are you on my page? is that what you really call madness?
madness is what you typed believe me.

madness is thinking u know all and you can do it all by urself
and madness is disregarding a word from the throne of God. Its actually madness+foolishness

madness+foolishness=untimely death
may you not die young
amen!!!

the problem about one section of 9ja is we worship human as our God. Arent u meant to pray everyday of your life. Why will one person send msg to pray 11pm-2am & u take it serious. Tomorrow, Rev king will send such msg & u lad will follow suite. Too bad, we need to change from such perspective. MTN,GLO, ZAIN & others have ripped u off your hard earned cash
ill be very hapi if i can be getting mssgs daily like dat
at least, ill be praying everynite since i dont usually pray

so whos benefitting from the prayers? tkb
whos benefitting for the texts? telcos- i dont mind so far the prayers are answered
chikena
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by seyenko(m): 11:21am On Jul 02, 2009
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth? 10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life. 13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God. 14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. 15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there. 17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work. 18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. 20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. 21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? 22 Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by tkb417(m): 11:22am On Jul 02, 2009
I got the text too and I felt that prayers cant be too much, since I will be praying to my God. I went on my knees and prayed but I didnt forward the text to people
thank u
i need prayers so its never gonna be too much.
forget who is telling me to pray now, im praying to God and ill so so much love it if i can do it everynite
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Iyara(m): 11:23am On Jul 02, 2009
I don't know if Pastor Adeboye sent the message or not. I'm inclined to believe it's a hoax. The basic difference between a hoax and a scam is that the former is done purely out of mischief not profit. It's like someone yelling fire just to see how many people will run.

Whether he did or didn't send it is immaterial. Those who saw the text did one of two things;
1.) Obeyed
2.) Ignored

I read the text on my phone and went to sleep, immediately.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by tkb417(m): 11:27am On Jul 02, 2009
I don't know if Pastor Adeboye sent the message or not. I'm inclined to believe it's a hoax. The basic difference between a hoax and a scam is that the former is done purely out of mischief not profit. It's like someone yelling fire just to see how many people will run.

Whether he did or didn't send it is immaterial. Those who saw the text did one of two things;
1.) Obeyed
2.) Ignored

I read the text on my phone and went to sleep, immediately.
nice one although you could have said one line grin
nyways, i almost slept too but lipsrsealed
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by FFA: 11:37am On Jul 02, 2009
I PRAYED O, SCAM OR NO SCAM.MEN OF GOD SHOULD BE HONOURED, MAY GOD PROTECT US ALL FROM UNTIMELY DEATH, PLANE CRASH 2 WITHIN A MONTH. NO BE SMALL THING OOOOOOOOOOOOO
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by igbalajobi: 11:39am On Jul 02, 2009
God, the Almighty creates us, takes care of us and protects us everytime, everyday, everywhere without limit; must we therefore set aside a particular time before remebering him. My opinion is that we must always, at all time, second, minutes, and hours of the day commune with Him and not a particular time or day or until someone sees a vision.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by igbalajobi: 11:41am On Jul 02, 2009
what even it's a marketing strategy to generate revenue for the telecoms operators wink
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by toyosiwemi(f): 11:50am On Jul 02, 2009
Extract from Open Heavens group on Facebook,

Good evening Ladies and Gents,

Im sure by now you have received a text message saying that Pastor E A Adeboye said you should pray from 1am to 3am so that someone close to you wont die or something like that,

well this is to let you know this text message is NOT FROM PASTOR E A ADEBOYE. but however He did say there is nothing wrong with praying at night,

if anything do pray for yourself, your family, RCCG as a whole, for Pastor Adeboye himself and his family,

Happy New Month and GOD be with us all,

Shalom.

Leke Adeboye.

PA to Pastor E.A Adeboye
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by sley4life(m): 11:54am On Jul 02, 2009
Iyara:

1.) Obeyed
2.) Ignored

I read the text on my phone and went to sleep,  immediately

ROFLMAO grin grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by omooloye1(f): 11:56am On Jul 02, 2009
I got it too.I prayed, though not for 2 hrs,afterall prayer no dey kill.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by jaybee3(m): 12:01pm On Jul 02, 2009
My question is what if the event y'all are supposed to pray against occurs because it was destined to would you then start feeling sorry for yourself because you didn't pray enough or simply disobeyed your pastor by not praying at all?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by stevico: 12:04pm On Jul 02, 2009
I suspected it is a hoax, just wonder what people's intentions are with stuff like this. Folks would have spent money they dont have passing fake texts all over. Know people who got half a dozen of that text!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by tkb417(m): 12:05pm On Jul 02, 2009

Im sure by now you have received a text message saying that Pastor E A Adeboye said you should pray from 1am to 3am so that someone close to you wont die or something like that,  

well this is to let you know this text message is NOT FROM PASTOR E A ADEBOYE. but however He did say there is nothing wrong with praying at night,  

if anything do pray for yourself, your family, RCCG as a whole, for Pastor Adeboye himself and his family,

Shalom.

Leke Adeboye.

PA to Pastor E.A Adeboye
shocked shocked shocked
Oh Jesus of Nazareth!!

i prayed for my family sha. nothin spoils
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by sirt1(m): 12:08pm On Jul 02, 2009
Nlanders don come again. Somebody said you should pray for yourself and  your loned ones and you are complaining. Haba, is he asking for money or publicity? If you pray, to whose benefit, Adeboye or yourself? In fact, I'm tired of all this "I too know syndrome" that is killing us in naija.

Pls, leave this man alone and follow ur heart, it is not compulsory.

@tkb417,

How u dey? Abeg leave this pple to their problems. Aja to ba fe sonu, ki gbo fere olode. Bye.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by pek(m): 12:11pm On Jul 02, 2009
i wonder the amount how te\lecom operators wud have made. knowing how religious Nigerians are and how fearful they are, i know the likes of Mtn, glo etc will be smiling now.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by dayokanu(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2009
Stupidity of the highest order!!!!!

Imagine I got the message in the US trust me auto-delete and sender placed on ignore list

There is no way people wont die in the whole world every hour or minute and the people that die have relatives

Eunuch Adejale Adeboye should be more concerned about the people who die in motor accidents caused by his monthly jamboree on Lagos Ibadan expressway , the number of people his friends like OBJ has killed indirectly through his eight years of misrule. People who die in road crashes due to bad roads or People who die because OBJ ate the money for NEPA

NONSENSE!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by sirt1(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2009
[i]Extract from Open Heavens group on Facebook,

Shalom.

Leke Adeboye.

PA to Pastor E.A Adeboye

[b]tkb417:

Oh Jesus of Nazareth!!

i prayed for my family sha. nothin spoils[/i][/b]

shai, naija pple h'd started again. Anyway, nothing spoil.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by debosky(m): 12:20pm On Jul 02, 2009
I got the message from TWO people and I prayed. Nothing wrong with praying anyways, so nothing lost. cool

To all the people foaming at the mouth, did he ask you for money? Asking you to pray for your loved ones is no crime, even if the text didn't originate from him. As far as I'm concerned, I prayed for my family members and that is a good thing, regardless of what initiated it. cool
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by nigeriaon(f): 12:21pm On Jul 02, 2009
well i will say that this issue is very critical and would like to know if any one has any information from the PASTOR ADEBOYE OF THE RCCG

either laiying claim or rejecting responsibilities to this sms reportedly sent nationwide even some people actually sent it to relatives abroad so this sms actually crossed the shore's of AFRICA

what a landslide sms it was>>>>>>>>>>>>>

shocked
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by otokx(m): 12:22pm On Jul 02, 2009
some people sef
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by nigeriaon(f): 12:34pm On Jul 02, 2009
ok i see a response as been posted up therre from the facebook group

at least that clears the hoax,

so scamming is now going national

EFCC, should be invited
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Wilfem(m): 12:49pm On Jul 02, 2009
toyosiwemi:

Shalom.

Leke Adeboye.

PA to Pastor E.A Adeboye

How are you sure of this?
Please kindly post the facebook link here for us to see 'cos I've searched the facebook for the Open Heaven group and could not find a relative one from the list of those that were there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Holy Order / Dream Interpretation Center. (tell Ur Dream & I'll Uncover It) / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.