Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m (11920 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. / Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by naijacutee(f): 1:50pm On Jul 05, 2009
The Bible asks us to pray without ceasing. Does a text from a "pastor" asking us to pray at a certain time deserve more attention than the Bible itself?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by REALTRUTH1: 1:58pm On Jul 05, 2009
Nigerian christians are just messed up mentally,,their thinking capacity has been disformed and discomfitted,,,
Its so amazing some people re now saying Pastor Adeboye denounced the text message sent across,,My question is this: Why did the pastor swiftly responded to this text issue and up till this moment,no response has been made as regards the Jet issue,,,to me this leaves more questions than the answers given.
I remembered some RCCG spoke persons(people) said the pastor is too busy and does not respond to issues like the jet questions,,,between the jet and the text,,,which is more scandalous,,,
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Tudor6(f): 2:01pm On Jul 05, 2009
REAL TRUTH, what'd you expect from a criminal pastor? ??
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by redsun(m): 2:28pm On Jul 05, 2009
The greatest problem of religious people is good old fear.What does it matter if people die?We are born to die anyway.

Cowards die many times before their death but true soldeirs die only but onces.

Living in fear is living dead.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Tudor6(f): 2:47pm On Jul 05, 2009
^^^
You are a genius!
The FEAR of God is the begining of wisdom
What kind of a loving god requires that his servants fear him?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by timmy7(m): 3:42pm On Jul 05, 2009
To d atheist asking why d pastor swiftly responded to d text, why should he not let his pple know the text msg was never from him? The txt msg must av come from mischievous pple like u who wanted to prove a point maybe abt how nigerian xtians rever their pastors more than anything And does he owe anybody especially atheist like u any explanation on the jet in d church's kitty? Oh, u want him to come out in media to say i did not buy any jet with church money abi grin or that he should av told d pple dat got d jet to sow d money into d life of hungry pple lyk u in d name of charity abi grin ode If u r nt a member of his church,he doesnt owe u any explanation on how d jet was acquired afterall his members should know better. He did not denounced d false txt msg on national tv stations,he did in his church and to d pple concerned.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Tudor6(f): 3:53pm On Jul 05, 2009
Timmy take am easy!
Na fight?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Theblessed(f): 5:57pm On Jul 05, 2009
[b]PLEASE, IGNORE THESE PURISTS!!!

Ignore them and worship God the way you see fit and just.  I just don't understand what these so called Pastors, Bishops, Layreaders etc are trying to prove.  Some are even behaving as if they are supernatural - more closer to God than Jesus Christ himself. 
People, please understand that we all are sinners before the Almighty God and no one, would come to God if not through Jesus Christ including your so called Pastors and Bishops.  What upset me more about these lot is, the status some of them accord themselves.  Some regard themselves as the Holy men of God yet have worldly ambitions and lack humbleness.  Imagine some calling themselves Bishops!  Who ordained them Bishops??  It's always the empty barrels that makes the most noise.  What's wrong with calling yourself PASTOR?  If you look deep, you would see that those with Doctorate Degrees simply call themselves Pastors only the ILLITRATES and HALF EDUCATED among them raises their stakes to BISHOPS thus, showing their hiden motives and WORLDLY nature.  To me, this meant, DON'T TRUST THEM.  What's wrong with being HUMBLE 

So, don't let them fool you as if they are holier than anyone else and nearer heaven than you are because, they are not.  For we are all SINNERS and short of the glory of God until we repent, believe in Jesus Christ, confess our sins and ask for forgiveness that way, the Kingdom of God would be ours.

In a nutshell, Pastor or Bishop is no better than you. [/b]
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Fredique(m): 7:03pm On Jul 05, 2009
Theblessed:

what's wrong with calling yourself PASTOR? If you look deep, you would see that those with Doctorate Degrees simply call themselves Pastors only the ILLITRATES and HALF EDUCATED among them raises their stakes to BISHOPS thus, showing their hiden motives and WORLDLY nature.

The thing is that the craze for titles is another dimension of 'Nigerian madness'. It is a problem in the system and not just among pastors. Maybe this is a topic for another thread, but have you ever wondered why it is only Nigerian moslems that use 'Alhaji' as titles. Are they the only moslems in the world that visit Mecca? 'Alhaji' by the way means 'visitor' to Hajj, For someone to want to use that as a title and feel insulted when he is not addressed as such is an example of our low mentality.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by REALTRUTH1: 7:16pm On Jul 05, 2009
timmy7:

To d atheist asking why d pastor swiftly responded to d text, why should he not let his pple know the text msg was never from him? The txt msg must av come from mischievous pple like u who wanted to prove a point maybe abt how nigerian xtians rever their pastors more than anything And does he owe anybody especially atheist like u any explanation on the jet in d church's kitty? Oh, u want him to come out in media to say i did not buy any jet with church money abi grin or that he should av told d pple dat got d jet to sow d money into d life of hungry pple lyk u in d name of charity abi grin ode If u r nt a member of his church,he doesnt owe u any explanation on how d jet was acquired afterall his members should know better. He did not denounced d false txt msg on national tv stations,he did in his church and to d pple concerned.
 I hope U re not referring to me? For one,,am not an atheist,,am christian and exhibits the features and traits of a christian.your response have shown the kind of christian that you re,,why would you be insulting someone because he holds a different view with U and ur pastors??Don't the Berean Christians in the Bible question their teachers because of the false teaching going on in christiandom in their days?
My prayer for you is that God opens ur eyes of understand so U don't make God out of men,,,Now know this,,Joel Olstein is popular pastor in the US and the world,,,he recently made a mistake in his speech/uterance,,,do you know what happened next? His members demanded he should go to the public and refrain the statement he made,,and he did just that,,thats the humility am talking about.
 More than the above, just last year,,Revd Wright who happens to be Obama's pastor for 20 years,,,made a statement that boils down to racisms which ultimately would have affected Obama's bid for presidency,,the Revd Wright for that singular mistake was fired(sacked) from the church and Obama eventually resigned from attending that church,,,
Now my question is this,,can both scenerio ever happened in Nigeria?the answer is NO !! Reason being that Nigerians have been so badly boxed into RELIGION,,,,U MUST NOT QUESTION UR PASTOR,BISHOP,GO etc,,,to me that is arrant nonesense and unscriptural
 Again,,I ask the question,,,why have we not heard Pastor Adeboye making statement concerning the Jet? One thing am trying 2 prove is that as human beings,,we re all prone to mistakes,,,and what we should do is to apologise appropriate when we make such mistakes,,,ur Pastor,Bishop,GO,,etc are all fallible and prone to mistakes,,,That is why the WHITES would always be ahead of the BLACKS in almost everything,,,In US,,U would see politicians,pastors apologising publicly when they make any mistakes,,,and they re eventually forgiven,,,
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by timmy7(m): 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2009
@tudor
nothing do u jare,me i no dey fight jst dat d obsession of dis guy who claims to be a xtian on d jet issue is more than urs an atheist,can u beat that grin grin
@realtruth, u av openly insulted virtually evry pastors in diff threads in here in d name of questioning ur pastors and u call urself a xtian,thank God u mention berean xtians questioning ''their'' teachers in d bible,did u consider these pastors ur teacher in d first place (considering ur phrase '', u and ur pastors'') when all u think abt them is that they r cheats nt even a single benefits of doubts or putting urself in their shoes,if u r nt a member of Adeboye's church or other pastors u enjoy attacking, why do u expect to be given answers to issues going in their churches making caustic remark against them when u r nt even a part of the tithe and offering contributor-one of ur issues with pastors- grin take a look at d instances u gave they r members of d pastors churches dat question d pastors,why nt leave redeemer 2 question Adeboye
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by BJ3: 9:06pm On Jul 05, 2009
I prayed oooo. u don't take the words of a prophet for granted. whether it was tru or not, it didn't hurt to do it
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by timmy7(m): 9:28pm On Jul 05, 2009
Btw i just saw d comment abt insult,i wish i could dish out more than i did sef angry
take a look at ur own insultive comment ''Nigerians christians are just messed up mentally,,their thinking capacity has been disformed and discomfitted, '' now tell me what is more insultive than this My simple interpretation based on the following comment: ''I remembered some RCCG spoke persons(people) said the pastor is too busy, '' in tandem with the above is that RCCG people and other xtians aside from ur own church-if u attend one- are ''just messed up mentally,their thinking capacity has been disformed and discomfited'' grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Fredique(m): 9:30pm On Jul 05, 2009
B.J.:

I prayed oooo. u don't take the words of a prophet for granted. whether it was tru or not, it didn't hurt to do it

1 John 4:1
"Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world"

Rev.2:2
"I know your deeds, your hard work and your perseverance. I know that you cannot tolerate wicked men, that you have tested those who claim to be apostles but are not, and have found them false".

The point I'm trying to make is that there is a place for testing prophesy. If you are allowed to test, that means you can choose to reject what any man of God says depending on the criteria for your test, I got the text message and it did not make sense. I deleted it. There is no scriptural basis to pray at a particular time in the day. Thank God he has refuted it.

Meanwhile, what does 'B.J' mean? wink
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Sonye(f): 11:32pm On Jul 05, 2009
Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.

This was the word of the lord. This is for all'ya speaking negatively about a man of God. Even if it were him that asked us to pray, so what? All i know is that whoever composed that text got a lot of people on their knees btw 11-1 which is not a bad thing. Besides the text, who knows the plan of the evil one that was shattered in your life that day??
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by samparian(m): 4:00am On Jul 06, 2009
Sonye:

Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm.

This was the word of the lord. This is for all'ya speaking negatively about a man of God. Even if it were him that asked us to pray, so what? All i know is that whoever composed that text got a lot of people on their knees btw 11-1 which is not a bad thing. Besides the text, who knows the plan of the evil one that was shattered in your life that day??

i didnt get any text, but the truth remains that Nigerians are so gullible when i t comes to religion, and revernce for our pastors and priests. Most of us are more scared of the pastor than we are scared of God.
I'm not saying that Adeboye is a fake pastor. No. i dont know him, but there are many false pastors in Nigeria today.
I know of "pastors" who use diabolical means

Pastors who sleep with people's wives

Pastors who pray for and collect thithes from Drug traffickers and 419 kingpins

Pastors who "see" fake visions and send our youths abroad just because He(pastor) has access to a visa racketeering group.

Test every spirit. even without the text message, we as christians know we should pray without ceasing, especially around that specified time.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by lekanjohn(m): 10:42am On Jul 06, 2009
It largely beat my imagination that condemnable comments are being passed to men of God.The wise will keep mute on this matter while those are heading 4 doom will surely spit venom.Its a pity that generations of men will never learn their lessons.Just like the days of Noah,
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by bawomolo(m): 8:06pm On Jul 06, 2009
my mum called me about this. it went into one ear and came out the other ear.

wetin concern me
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by IGWEUSA(m): 5:52am On Jul 07, 2009
naijacutee:

The Bible asks us to pray without ceasing. Does a text from a "pastor" asking us to pray at a certain time deserve more attention than the Bible itself?

Dont mind all these lip service christians.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 07, 2009
Who says we should not examine and question our pastors? Jesus and His Apostles told us to do just that.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by timmy7(m): 10:50am On Jul 07, 2009
No mind d yeye boy jare,i wonda whc church he attended whey they said he must not question his pastor, self righteous xtian. sad
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by MENA247(f): 9:23am On Jul 09, 2009
[color=#990000][/color][b][/b]some 1 was joking that what i think
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by radiation(m): 11:20pm On Jul 09, 2009
it was a scam.it was confrimed from his P.A. and his wife. he did not send any message
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Krayola(m): 12:38am On Jul 10, 2009
wow!!!  Pastor Adeboye might as well be emperor. The guy has lots of people wrapped around his finger. Damn!! This "pastor" business is startin to look very appealing to me. . I know bible well well o. . .
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by timmy7(m): 7:12am On Jul 10, 2009
E easy If u think say e easy u sabi bible wella so go start ur own church make we see nw grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by ukpeters: 4:00pm On Jul 14, 2009
Guys,
Got a message from Leke Adeboye (PA to Pastor Adeboye) same night on facebook. The txt msg was a scam and did not originate from Daddy GO eventhough he did acknowledge that there is nothing wrong in praying at night. One now begins to wonder why somebody would use Daddy GO's name to propagate such lies. Hmmm, shocked
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Tudor6(f): 4:19pm On Jul 14, 2009
ukpeters:

Guys,
Got a message from Leke Adeboye (PA to Pastor Adeboye) same night on facebook. The txt msg was a scam and did not originate from Daddy GO eventhough he did acknowledge that there is nothing wrong in praying at night. One now begins to wonder why somebody would use Daddy GO's name to propagate such lies. Hmmm,  shocked
Well because Daddy G.O is also a liar and a thief!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by sheboi(m): 10:52am On Jul 16, 2009
Tudor are u alright angry
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Tudor6(f): 11:13am On Jul 16, 2009
sheboi:

Tudor are u alright angry
perfectly fine!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by sheboi(m): 12:54pm On Jul 16, 2009
if he lied or stole from u or anyone u know speak up or else shut up!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Tudor6(f): 1:01pm On Jul 16, 2009
sheboi:

if he lied or stole from u or anyone u know speak up or else shut up!
O.K lets start here. . .
He lied he drove 300 miles without fuel and his car jumped like a monkey over a trailer!
He was and is still best pals with OBJ and a friend of a thief is a THIEF!
You want more?
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by sheboi(m): 1:18pm On Jul 16, 2009
hv u ever heard of supernatural acts by a supernatural supreme being (God in this case), his acts defie common sense or human explanation. It is said in his word that his 'foolishness' outweighes our greatest sense of intelligence, and secondly the question you should ask is what his relationship with OBJ is based on. Think and , think before speaking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Holy Order / Dream Interpretation Center. (tell Ur Dream & I'll Uncover It) / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.