Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m (11922 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Buys Gulfstream Jet, Starts Luxury Airline (Photo) / Pastor Adeboye Says God Is Not Omnipotent And That Satan Can Change God's Plans. / Pastor Adeboye Says Satan Planned 49 Plane Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by bhumeeus: 12:53pm On Jul 02, 2009
I got it as well, Everyone in my office is dozing as I speak cos they all stayed up praying from 11pm to 1am, As for me, I slept quite late and I said my normal prayer including what was said in the text.Even Nigerians abroad got this text oo, U can imagine how many ppl got that text yesterday.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by javalove(m): 1:02pm On Jul 02, 2009
ANOTHER REASON WHY I'M HAPPY TO BE A MUSLIM !

NO ONE TELLS ME WHEN TO PRAY . . . WE ALL KNOW WHEN . . .

NO ONE NEEDS TO TELL WHEN TO RISE UP IN THE NIGHT AND PRAY, WE ALL KNOW WHEN TO . . .

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by tboy1(m): 1:08pm On Jul 02, 2009
javalove:

NO ONE NEEDS TO TELL WHEN TO RISE UP IN THE NIGHT AND PRAY, WE ALL KNOW WHEN TO . . .

I predict $osisi and david will reply to this ur post soon . . . grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by tpiah: 1:35pm On Jul 02, 2009
seyenko:

1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth? 10 I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life. 13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God. 14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. 15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

16 And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there. 17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work. 18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts. 19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity. 20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again. 21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth? 22 Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

God bless you.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by lekanjohn(m): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2009
Either the voice of God or not,I think its better to pray as i did to be on the saver side.remember Pharaoh and Moses ! except u re an atheist. Be wise and don't ague spiritualism cos u re but an ordinary mortal being.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by tpiah: 1:38pm On Jul 02, 2009
okokomeji:

This reminds me of one (SU) "Su-e-gbe union" that I bordered a Greyhound bus with in Atlanta. I guess he just got here from Nigeria. You could still tell by his thick accent. Then, he started speaking in tongue, he says evil spirit is in this bus and he wants to cause accident. He says we need strong prayer to chase the demon off. Then, a crackhead sitting behind me stood up with typical black American's English. He says "you ain't shit, you ain't, we ain't buyin' your lie, you took it; we don't believe in all of those mumbo jumbo craps in 21 century.

Before we knew it someone had already called cops on his ass. After cops took him away, my Jamaican's friend says when there are clear roads with no potholes and speed limit signposts are everywhere on highways, then you have cops on highways too, to write tickets for speed limit’s offenders; we don’t have to think about accident. Then, I thought about that if this happened in Nigeria, this guy would have been rich now, because at the end of the journey, he would have given out his phone number to many people who are looking for urgent miracles.

@ bolded

na for overseas Nigerians dey learn the basics of at least outwardly obeying the law.

abroad people no dey delay call police if you wan disturb them.

on the other hand, I've heard a Spanish guy (I think) preach on a US bus before, though he waited until he was off the bus before yelling his message: Jesus is coming: Repent!!

long time ago. And he didnt make it a sermon. He just shouted that one line.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by omar22(m): 1:39pm On Jul 02, 2009
I got this message yesterday,

is it for today or yesterday
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by just1(m): 1:42pm On Jul 02, 2009
received the sms 4rm ma gal, jst read it n slept jare, had 2wake up by 4:30 to get set 4work, b4 i 4get,i'd prayed 4ma loved ones b4 i even receivd d sms
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by tpiah: 1:43pm On Jul 02, 2009
@ topic

I lost my phone anyway and just found it last night, so I dont know if I got any such message though i highly doubt it.

In any case, arent we supposed to pray for our relatives at other times and not just certain hours of the day.

imo, that kind of thing should be a personal, not general thing unless a consensual group agrees on it for whatever reason. Like prayer partners, prayer cells, etc.

Though with the high rate of random deaths these days I understand people may be getting jittery.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by identified(m): 1:55pm On Jul 02, 2009
this is just another case of the normal 'send this to 50 people and see what happens' sms/emails we get everyday, by the way did the Pastor come out to say he sent txt messages around or did he speak to any journalists? we should be careful the way we talk about preachers whether we believe 'em or not(or we go to their church or not), FEAR GOD cos He's real!, this is not an issue worth discussing on nairaland (moderators pls)
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by oludashmi(f): 2:00pm On Jul 02, 2009
javalove:

I hiss strongly in Islam angry

Imagine this ignorant? Who told you that Christians don't pray or who told you we are being forced to do so? From your post alone, I have concluded you are not a devoted muslim cos devoted ones (ask your Alfas and Imams) go beyond the 5 times a day prayer and that is why they can see things before it happens and know more than you do.

The information is just to tell you that the pastor saw something and want people to go beyond their normal praying time in praying for or against a coming occurrence.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by tpiah: 2:05pm On Jul 02, 2009

some Muslims do special prayers above and beyond the mandatory five times a day.

Likewise the prayer request being discussed here, is for a specific reason- it doesnt mean nobody ever prays.

I've often told my mum she prays too much as if heaven wants to fall down, and she's not muslim.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by oludashmi(f): 2:12pm On Jul 02, 2009
Well, whether the text is real or fake, have it in mind that NO PRAYER IS WASTE. You have it stored/saved for the sake of a loved one in the nearest future.

At least you prayed and the hours/mins you deprived yourself of sleep cannot be compared with the hours of sleepless nights or the trauma of loosing someone. For those who think telecom companies made money with it, I say, its better oo cos what you spend to inform people that a loved one just kicked the bucket is far off compared to that.

Anyway, the msg achieved its goal cos we have always been informed in the church to pray at night but we all give excuses, so, the message wasn't a bad one REAL or FAKE.

Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by TOPE20001(f): 2:16pm On Jul 02, 2009
I heard this too
And i prayed . . . . u can never pray too much anyhoo undecided
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Gaminechic: 3:22pm On Jul 02, 2009
Saw it on twitter.

Between 11pm and 1am. .if this doesnt sound fetish, ,i dunno wat does

i would pray 24hrs for the person that sent the text instead.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by brotherly: 3:30pm On Jul 02, 2009
I got the text msg at 10.35pm, and immediately showed it to my brother and at 11 we both started praying. I also used the opportunity to pray about other areas of my life. prayer no dey kill.

In spiritual things logic does not count as much but only christians try to use logic to analysis spiritual things. The mesg  might not have come from pastor Adeboye but I prayed and better for it.

Make everybody do him  own , all these people wey dey talk logic for yankee you may go ahead. If you guys are ok without praying we survive here by the grace of God.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by calyx: 3:49pm On Jul 02, 2009
I ignored it because I know that no matter what we do, people will always die in Nigeria, and they are some people's dear ones.
Take the last 24 hours for instance, in Nigeria, thousands of children would have died from various illnesses, scores of women would have died from pregnancy-related causes, tens of young people would have been lost to road traffic accidents, several others to the conflict in the Niger Delta and hundreds more to other common causes of death like stroke, sickle cell disease, HIV/AIDS, heart failure, tuberculosis etc. And no matter what we do, some of them will be close to some people, including us. It is an equilibrium and nature needs it to ensure balance.
Now imagine a scenario where God decides to answer all the prayers being offered to prevent the death of loved ones, then will people  start living up to 300 years and we won't record deaths worldwide again? How will the world cope with the exploding population? Ladies and gentlemen, death is inevitable.

Last shot: Life expectancy in Nigeria is about 45 years, so don't worry yourself. Those you know, and you, and even Adeboye himself will die sooner or later anyway.
Will someone tell me what is peculiar about 11 pm to 1 am? Is that the exact period when the angel of death strikes?

Very thoughtful
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by debosky(m): 4:11pm On Jul 02, 2009
TOPE2000!:

I heard this too
And i prayed . . . . u can never pray too much anyhoo undecided
Was that before or after the koboko session with Sarong? grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by TOPE20001(f): 4:12pm On Jul 02, 2009
debosky:

Was that before or after the koboko session with Sarong? grin

During a break cool
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Goshen360(m): 4:20pm On Jul 02, 2009
Either ways, its good to pray at all times.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by debosky(m): 4:23pm On Jul 02, 2009
TOPE2000!:

During a break cool
Two hour break? shocked shocked shocked So how long was the session proper? cheesy

Granted innocents die daily and are someone or the other's loved one, it doesn't mean you shouldn't pray for your own loved ones. It's like saying since people die on the roads daily I won't be careful and drive safely.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Iyara(m): 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2009
It seems the opinions prevalent among those who saw the text message and prayed is that;

1. It doesn’t matter whether or not the SMS is a hoax. As far as it makes us pray more, some good can come out of a lie or trick.
2. All prayer is good so therefore;
   a) You can't have too much prayer.
   b) No prayer is wasted.

I beg to differ. You can pray too much, just like you can eat too much, sleep too much or work too much. Too much of EVERYTHING is bad. I also disagree with the statement that no prayer is wasted. If you’re praying against the inevitable, then what is that? No amount of prayer will stop the sun from rising or setting. I think that no 1 above is best left to each individual’s conscience/spirit/what have you.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Skywalker5(m): 4:30pm On Jul 02, 2009
i got the text in UK. Was scared.had to pray for a while.since i was doing a night job.i just kept praying in my mind.

God help us
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by solajacobs(m): 4:34pm On Jul 02, 2009
IT IS A LIE. THE MAN NEVER SAID THAT.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by dapsycool(m): 4:36pm On Jul 02, 2009
If I was in Nigeria, I'll overdose myself with sleeping tablets and sleep well well at that particular time  grin grin grin grin grin. Bush people  tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
I believe in God, but aint stupid  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy (it means ya'll  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed )

There was killer call, killer beans, killer indomie, killer moin moin  grin grin grin grin Now it's death roaming about, so you must PRAY at a particular time because that's when God is awake! I tell you, una stupid  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy . Now I know an average Nigerian is a complete mugu, I need to think of a business to start in 9ja quick  grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by junijustin: 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2009
Guys,
I got the text message three times and all of them were from my Nigerian friends in the UK. I replied the first one and ignored the other two.

My reply: "I'm not in his church, thanks. And I already pray for my family members everyday"

This is an aside, but I'm wondering whether the G.O of redeemed would have done more to prevent nigerians from dying prematurely (since that was what the fear inspiring text message was about) by confronting the irresponsible nigerian leaders, both past and present, that he has access to and often associated with.

Afterall many Nigerians who would die will die from road accidents, inadequate and unresponsive health care, and lack of security -all symptoms of bad leadership

Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by debosky(m): 4:43pm On Jul 02, 2009
Iyara:

It seems the opinions prevalent among those who saw the text message and prayed is that;

1. It doesn’t matter whether or not the SMS is a hoax. As far as it makes us pray more, some good can come out of a lie or trick.
2. All prayer is good so therefore;
   a) You can't have too much prayer.
   b) No prayer is wasted.

I beg to differ. You can pray too much, just like you can eat too much, sleep too much or work too much. Too much of EVERYTHING is bad. I also disagree with the statement that no prayer is wasted. If you’re praying against the inevitable, then what is that? No amount of prayer will stop the sun from rising or setting. I think that no 1 above is best left to each individual’s conscience/spirit/what have you.

You can't pray too much - the bible says 'pray without ceasing' wink

Again, I'm glad you said it's your personal opinion wink
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by 1honeybee: 4:44pm On Jul 02, 2009
I got the message last nite actually, but my first impression was----- shocked shocked shocked WHAT DA F**K. I don't believe in praying for the inevitable and plus i believe if it is not one's time to die, nothing will happen to the person.  Anyway, goodluck to those who prayed sha, hopefully someone that loves me prayed for moi grin
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Nobody: 4:55pm On Jul 02, 2009
I got the text yesterday, from an unknown person (Nigerian number).

I promptly deleted it.
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by dapsycool(m): 5:01pm On Jul 02, 2009
Siena:

I got the text yesterday, from an unknown person (Nigerian number).

I promptly deleted it.

God bless you smiley cool
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by MeGaStReEt: 5:04pm On Jul 02, 2009
I GOT THE SAME TEXT FROM A GIRL FRIEND YESTERDAY, AFTER SENDING IT TO SOME OTHER PIPO AS THE LAST LINE IN THE TEXT COMMANDED, I DECIDED TO CALL HER, THEN SHE TOLD ME SHE RECEIVED D TEXT MSG FROM A FRIEND SO SHE DECIDES TO SEND OUT TO EVERYONE, MY SISTER CALLED ME IMMDIATELY I SENT HER THE TEST AND WAS LIKE, WHATS HAPPENING LOL

I PRAYED THOUGH, BUT NOT FROM 11-1 JUST FOR ABOUT  a few minute, GOD HAVE MERCY

NOBODY WILL DIE IN OUR FAMILIES IN JESUS NAME!!!!!!!!!

WE WILL NOT DIE IN JESUS NAME!!!

WE ARE ALL COVERED WITH THE SPECIAL BLOOD OF JESUS

NOTHING SHALL BY ANY MEANS HARM US, EITHER IN THE SPIRITUAL OR PHYSICAL,

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Pastor Adeboye Says Pray Btw 11p.m To 1 A.m by Infoseye(m): 5:37pm On Jul 02, 2009
I was making luv when I got the text @ 10pm, I said to myself i've an hour more to enjoy myself. By 11:50pm I had 12 text messages from pple,friends and families I had end the fun and Pray, resumed luv making immediately after prayers.
Personal I think d text message was a prank played on us all!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Holy Order / Dream Interpretation Center. (tell Ur Dream & I'll Uncover It) / Incubus And Succubus – Sex Demons Of The Night

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.