Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

#IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad - Politics (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad (58576 Views)

PDP Suspends Ifeanyi Ubah Over His "Disparaging & Unfounded Allegations" / Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) / Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by paschu: 1:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
For heavens ssake all thsse shit u post. Here re all campaign promises!

Okay, in your own definition of honesty, dishonest campaign promises are normal, right? But by the way, did you actually read ALL those materials? If you did, and actually had the courage to dismiss EACH of the lies as a mere campaign promise, then your conscience is definitely a lost case already.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Litmus: 1:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
Topeakintola:

Superior parenting that makes their cities the most violent in the world

Superior parenting that has led to increase in gun crimes

we don hear u

Seems you missuderstood the point.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by AbaGuyMan(m): 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ebukaobi:

Bro I have noticed that you are very very defensive

Get rid of that chip on your shoulder and stop assuming everyone is after the Igbos

Why will the British condemn their citizens when they have an institution that limits the excesses of human behavior. You claim to live in the UK, I am sure you are fully aware that UK politicians can not get away with a hundredth of what Nigerian politicians get away with

Your comparison is a bit off. The UK has centuries of ethos and they have built an institution that will not permit mass unlawful behavior

Obasanjo and Jonathan went to the UK during their tenure and said the same as Buhari- it is part of the Nigerian foreign policy

Obasanjo's statement was even worse. He advised the UK govt to deport all Nigerian asylum claimants

Have you read the speech? Point out the exact parts that you disagree with

I never laid any claim as to where i live so stop assuming and also I never talked about the British condemning their citizens. All I ask is that you mention to me any president who goes to Britain to condemn his country people, just one please.

So now Nigeria's foreign policy is about the president going abroad to spew trash about the citizens?
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by plaetton: 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ebukaobi:

Your hatred and disdain for PMB is crystal clear. You are entitled to it

Did you read his speech? Tell us the specific parts of the speech that formed your negative opinion of him

Obasanjo and Jonathan said similar things when they visited the UK. It is part of Nigerian foreign policy to discourage false asylum claims

Yes other nations use false claims but no where as much as Nigerians

Go and read the speech and stop hating bro. He will rule this country for the next 7 years and there is nothing you can do about it

False asylum claims, you say?
Britain , US and nearly all Western nations have embassies in Nigeria.
They do not need the public pronouncements of Nigeria's president to determine their immigration policies.

They know that nearly all refugee claims are false, yet they still understand why people run away from their homelands to seek opportunitied elsewhere.

As a black man and Nigerian, you have showed that you wouldn't give fellow Nigerians the chance if the immigration decisions were yours to make .

As per Buhari, the success of his administration is the success of all Nigerians.

But, but, his leadership credentials, his pretended credentials to tackle the complex and simple problems of Nigeria's development is unravelling at breathtaking speed.
That is so obvious, and very worrisome.
Just 8 months into his leadership and it's feeling like déjà vu all over again.

The budget proposal exposed their na.kedness.

A budget is a carefully and meticulously prepared working document of a government, their economic blueprint for progress and development.

It is suppose to encapsulate their grand vision , philosophy and ideology.

The budget so presented is a photocopy, cut, paste and inflate budget. This is the fact.

The budget is high on profligacy , short on vision, high in hail Mary economics, short on prudence.

Did Buhari sit in the planning of this budget? I doubt.
Did he understand the figures on the budget? I doubt.
Is he defending the details of his budget ?
He can't because he doesn't understand what's in it.
That's a fact.

BTW, I would be happy to debate the budget with you , the blueprint of Buhari's leadership, if you are not ashamed to defend it.

3 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Topeakintola: 1:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
Litmus:

Seems you missuderstood the point.

I get u wella

You cannot condition the minds of some Nigerians with praise

We need the hard truth

Praising them will only encourage them to behave negatively

You cannot compare like for like

Nigerians defy most psychological theories and concepts

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Litmus: 1:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
The point is, Buhari should stop denigrating Nigerians abroad for the reward of a pat on the back as if he is a house slave. And also that in this media world there are largely no universall truths, the truth is what you make it.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by 9jaBloke: 1:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
TippyTop:
Nairaland comments featured heavily, even Lasticlala's name appeared outside Nairaland today....hehehehe

#IAmANigerianNotACriminal

Yes o. Nairaland is breaking boundaries. Lalasticlala is going places. Even though he was saying the truth, the platform was very wrong. You should admonish an erring child in the confines of ur house not in public glare.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by drebaba12(m): 1:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
lol truth of life please read this
A recruitment programme has been started by the British Metropolitan Police Service to admit new officers who can speak Yoruba and other languages. British police officers As Nigerians of the South-Western region gain more prominence numerically in the United Kingdom, British Metropolitan Police Service has kickstarted a recruitment exercise to employ new officers with an understanding of the Nigerian native language, Yoruba and other languages. A total of 14 languages which have a high prevalence in London’s communities have been chosen for what the Met called a month-long pilot recruitment which started on Monday. This move was initiated by the British Metropolitan Police Service in order to set up a standing team that will perfectly relate with the individuals in the diverse communities where they operate. The statement said in part, “It follows the introduction last year of a London Residency criteria to ensure candidates have a strong link to the capital and an understanding of its diversity and cultures. Candidates who apply to be police constables will be tested in the second language as part of our rigorous selection process. “The chosen languages are Yoruba (Nigeria), Hebrew, Arabic, Hindi, Punjabi, Italian, German, Turkish, Greek, Spanish, Polish, Portuguese, Sinhala (Sri Lanka) and Bengali.” The Commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, Bernard Howe, noted that more than 300 languages were spoken in London, the capital of Britain. “I am committed to providing a police service which looks and feels more like London. We need to recruit and deploy officers with second languages in areas where those languages are spoken. I believe it will help boost confidence, help to solve crime more effectively and support victims and witnesses,” Howe said. This is a massive boast to Nigerians who are already neflecting local languages for the official language which is English
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by marklew: 1:37pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ur little daughter get sense pass you?
sameer1212:
I am not responsible for your parents to be wretch and useless in life. Go sort your self out. Thank me later.

Anyway,My little daughter can help you with food cause you look hungry. Check my DP and thank her first. Cheers!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Shymm3x: 1:51pm On Feb 07, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
I get ur point! I like Buahri as a person but am not a gullibly bigoted fan of his! I denounced him when he erred about d 97% and 5% vote issue! However, we must knw that he is not a perfect being! And I do feel that he does deserves time! About the other issues u raised, am 100% sure that considering d current financial mess we re in, Nigeria is not going to make any monetary contribution to that coalition. 2nd am also 100%sure we re not sending our troops out to that dangerous and perilous battle ground! But we might cooperate with them in d area of sharing intelligence! Thanks!

Keep doing you and don't let bigotry and detrimental partisanship that has turned a lot of these nauseating illiterates into useful idiots get in ya way of being objective. No one is infallible and Buhari has shown over and over again thus far that he lacks the cerebral capacity to govern a country like naij. And folks need to start telling the truth cos the country needs results - not medieval personality worship that's synonymous with feudalism.

A lot of these clowns don't even understand race relations in the UK in context on Nigerians. Nigerians are the new Jamaicans in the UK and I'm sure some of you have seen videos of a few white folks accusing just any random black person of being Nigerians. And in London, Nigerians get targeted from time to time. So if Buhari had proper handlers, they would have told him to watch his mouth.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by stephnduk(f): 2:09pm On Feb 07, 2016
Nd av u sat to think of d reason bhind d bad image we av
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
@op, Just say Igbos/WAILERS ranting nonsense on social media. The president didn't lie,he just spoke the bitter truth.

God bless Nigeria.

*Before you quote me,make sure you've ever crossed your village*

Of our he spoke the truth... you're a criminal.... #IamANigeriannotacriminal
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Bigprozzie: 2:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
Shymm3x:

Keep doing you and don't let bigotry and detrimental partisanship that has turned a lot of these nauseating illiterates into useful idiots get in ya way of being objective. No one is infallible and Buhari has shown over and over again thus far that he lacks the cerebral capacity to govern a country like naij. And folks need to start telling the truth cos the country needs results - not medieval personality worship that's synonymous with feudalism.

A lot of these clowns don't even understand race relations in the UK in context on Nigerians. Nigerians are the new Jamaicans in the UK and I'm sure some of you have seen videos of a few white folks accusing just any random black person of being Nigerians. And in London, Nigerians get targeted from time to time. So if Buhari had proper handlers, they would have told him to watch his mouth.

Have you read his speech?

Stop the exaggeration pls

5 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by abbey621(m): 2:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
AbaGuyMan:

Before I reply your comment, I'll like to plead with you never again to refer to my opinion as 'rubbish' and don't tell me to keep quiet on a public forum cos you don't feed me. Be civil when making comments here and don't insult anyone, you don't know me and i don't know you.

Now to your comment.....Firstly, I don't care about your Obama's 40% rating, he's not my idol and I don't live in the US. I only picked a statement from his speech to drive home my point that a president should seek peace and development for those who voted him and those who did not!

About two months ago, I was walking past a chanonry on a Sunday afternoon when a British man coming opposite me stopped me to ask if I am a Nigerian, I answered in the affirmative and he started saying all sorts of things about Nigeria in the form of mockery. I didn't want to insult him or act in a way that will confirm that we are really bad people, i just kept my cool. Now tell me if I was committing any crime at that point that will make this man say something ill about my country to my very face. It's true that Nigeria to some extent has a bad image but our goal should not be to further dent our image and if anybody should speak of Nigeria in a bad light, it shouldn't be the president of Nigeria!
My problem with you guys is never admitting that PMB is wrong!! Like you see him as a saint or whatever.

Tell me any president who has ever gone abroad to speak bad of his country??

My own sha, is for Nigeria to get better, whether na PMB , ABC or XYZ sidon there as president!

If you're not answering my last question, you may as well not quote me.

This is a public forum and as such everyone is entitled to their opinions but how I choose to respond to those opinion rests solely with me and me alone. So I still maintain what you wrote is rubbish or at best composed out of ignorance and you would be better off leaving the discussion for those better suited! Now let me back up my point with what you've clearly chosen to ignore. The president answered a question about the plight of Nigerians abroad, many of whom were complaining that life abroad is very tough. The president's response explained that life is tough for some of them due to what other Nigerians have done to their host abroad. The president mentioned drug trafficking, prostitution, 419 and other vices. He then went on to offer a way out. He advised those who can't take it anymore abroad to come back home and help rebuild but some of you miscreants have turned it into a statement accusing all Nigerians abroad of criminality. Is it that you and others here have a problem with interpretation or do you all derive pleasure in creating a problem where there's none? If the president's statement has made life for you and others you know abroad harder then I'm sorry to say the problem lies with you all and not the president. I don't know about you and others but it takes more than a statement to decrease my self worth, don't take it personal all that I've written for it's only an opinion!

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by abbey621(m): 2:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
foriz4u:

I am greatly astonished at ur racial analogy and view. I make no sense to me.

Could it be that the astonishment was brought on by your inability to comprehend? Perhaps try reading it slowly maybe it would make more sense cheesy cheesy
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by pimpo: 2:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
My problem with you and your likes is, you know nothing about western countries. Dude if you don't know,there are many Nigerians in western countries prisons. BTW,why am I even wasting my time with some who's life is full of sadness

Ur idiocy is beyond comprehension. U should b ashamed of urslf.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
paschu:

Okay, in your own definition of honesty, dishonest campaign promises are normal, right? But by the way, did you actually read ALL those materials? If you did, and actually had the courage to dismiss EACH of the lies as a mere campaign promise, then your conscience is definitely a lost case already.
There is a diff betw campaign promises and making declarations in ones day to day life!I for one ve alws known that Buhari cannot do magic as he is no magician!secondly, Buhari had no inkling that the price of oil wud take this kind of sharp downward trend! Buhari is not infallible, plus I prefare him GEJ since I know Buahri won't steal or allow pple to steal our money!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mummydirect(f): 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
Keep quiet there. What do you know? Where have you been? The bitter truth is,Nigeria has a bad image in many western countries.
Whose duty is it then to repair it, if I may ask? Wisdow profiteth much.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 3:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
He spoke the truth,but what can I say,truth hurts bad.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 3:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
#NigeriansAreNotCriminals.
Sometime ago I read a Novel where a Scam Mail was described as a 'Nigerian Letter' irrespective of the country it came from. I believe you all know what that mean..
You Don't support PMB doesn't mean you should not know the #Truth when you hear one.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by dcambition(m): 4:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
Keep quiet there. What do you know? Where have you been? The bitter truth is,Nigeria has a bad image in many western countries.

And so are other countries too, but thats doesnt classify Nigerians of more than 170m populations as criminals just cos of a few bad eggs.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Litmus: 4:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
It really is an exercise in futility trying to defend Buhari's comments. Nigeria is a democracy, i cannot imagine the ruler of any democratic nation outside of Africa that would get away with utterances that denigrated the citizens of the Nations they lead. Such an act by any European or American leader would lead to resignation.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Billygee2u: 4:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
BenBruce4Presdt:
PMB, do you have a criminal reputation?
Because for me and my family, we don't, we are honest hard working Nigerians and not criminals.

#IAmANigeriaNotACriminal
allowing Buhari to beNigeria president this time is the worstmistake Nigerians have ever made
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Billygee2u: 4:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
chxe:
when an idiot is incharge
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Litmus: 4:41pm On Feb 07, 2016
Imagine Obama, on a visit to China, before the Worlds media, stating that American travelers abroad only have themselves to blame for the fact that the world is hostile to Americans generally and in some parts people want to kidnap and murder them. Asked why, Obama replies, 'Americans are pompous and don't respect people abroad and back at home in America people lawlessly gun down Innocent schoolchildren and don't respect gun laws.' ' American people most learn to change their ways'.

There would be such outcry Obama would be out.

Obama even placed himself above the American people as if he is not one of them.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by multicolored(f): 5:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
Now I know the real "clueless one".....
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by blackjack21(m): 5:33pm On Feb 07, 2016
BushidoBlue:

You and the president have been dividing the nation with the 95% statement.
Instead of going ahead to break barriers you are creating more barriers and disunity....

Sorry. you took that 95% thingy seriously.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by avogunoh: 7:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
Crime is everywhere in the world. Even in the so called western world. It is everywhere just as terrorism. I stil believe that there r oda ways he shld av explained himself dan using such statement on the Nigerians. Look at politicians like Amaechi and Tinubu, do u mean to tell me dat pple like such are saints we av in Nigeria? And these r thesame caliba of pple dat aided the election dat got PMB into power as a president. I bet u dat even the president of somalia or sudan cannot say such abt his own ppl.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by TolaniLuv: 11:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
Topeakintola:

Is it the illiterate that is stopping you from having a nose job?

Do I need to have a nose job?? And why? I'm sure you are one ugly looking nigga!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by drebaba12(m): 1:08am On Feb 08, 2016
its a shame that Nigrians dont understand simple english.

Some Nigerians claim is that life is too difficult
back home, but they have also made it difficult
for Europeans and Americans to accept them
because of the number of Nigerians in prisons
all
over the world accused of drug trafficking or
human trafficking,” he told The Telegraph.
“I don’t think Nigerians have anybody to blame.
They can remain at home, where their services
are required to rebuild the country

he said it all when nigeria youth are busy doing yahoo yahoo they dint think about the country imageits a shame that Nigrians dont understand simple english.

all

he said it all when nigeria youth are busy doing yahoo yahoo they dint think about the country image
its a shame that Nigrians dont understand simple english.

all

he said it all when nigeria youth are busy doing yahoo yahoo they dint think about the country image
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 1:33am On Feb 08, 2016
Sweetlemon:
Thank God the post says "a section of the citizenry" so we know it's not Nigerians as a whole.
Your days of tribal bigotry are over. I will personally invoke the mods if you dare break any rules
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by 1after: 1:43am On Feb 08, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
Your days of tribal bigotry are over. I will personally invoke the mods if you dare break any rules

Tribal bigot calling others bigot, you better go find work.instead of wasting your life on nairaland. Time dey go

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Lagos Food Relief Distributes Food In Parts Of Lagos (Pictures) / Ayodele Fayose Asks Atiku To Accept Defeat, Return To Dubai / Asari Dokubo Disassociates Self From Tweet Attributed To Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.