Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,569 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

#IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad (58605 Views)

PDP Suspends Ifeanyi Ubah Over His "Disparaging & Unfounded Allegations" / Nigerians Respond To Buhari's 1-Year In Office On BBC With Placards (pics) / Jonatthan Response To Buhari's Disparaging Remark On Nigerian's Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by adaxxy: 9:37am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
Keep quiet there. What do you know? Where have you been? The bitter truth is,Nigeria has a bad image in many western countries.
you too keep quiet does that mean that he should paint everybody black,
Mr President sir you're a big fool.

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by blackjack21(m): 9:40am On Feb 07, 2016
dragonking2:
When you seek visa abroad, ensure that you tell them that you are a criminal or else God will punish you for lies and deceit.

You completely didn't get my point.
Leaving with a criminal can make you s suspect criminal or worse.
what I meant by owning oud problemd is so that we may solve them not broadcast them proudly.

Look deep into yourself and around you and tell me that what Mr. President said is a lie. I know you know it's the truth. but, you may "it's un-diplomatic for a president to say such about his people". I understand that majority of us here, on Nl, are Christians, what I don't understand is do we truly believe that "the truth shall set us free" or in addition to being criminal we are also hypocrites?
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by omoasero(m): 9:43am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
Keep quiet there. What do you know? Where have you been? The bitter truth is,Nigeria has a bad image in many western countries.
I want to believe u've not been a leader in any way. why would a leader be destroying the reputations of its followers in the international media? go and do ur reasearch well Sir, crime level in the U.S. is more than that of any country.

A leader without a follower is just taking a stroll.
Naturalle:

And who set the standard for professionalism? If his actions will yield any positive results, then by all mean let him redefine professionalism.
Bro, if a wife is a bad cook and her husband doesn't tell people jokingly, then friends and family that taste her food will broadcast it seriously for him and that ridicule he was ultimately avoiding will happen.
#nomorecoverups.
sameer1212:
I want to believe u've not been a leader in any way. why would a leader be destroying the reputations of its followers in the international media? go and do ur reasearch well Sir, crime level in the U.S. is more than that of any country.

A leader without a follower is just taking a stroll.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by olami100(m): 9:46am On Feb 07, 2016
Mr man what are u saying self.........keep quiet there
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by ZombieNation: 9:54am On Feb 07, 2016
wristbangle:

Baba leave them oo!

The truth will remain bitter. Him advise don turn to bile 4 wailers stomach o!.

I checked his statement several times and was confused becos there is no word in his statement were he stated that Nigerians are criminals.

I agree with you on this.

Virtually all Nigerians in Italy and Spain who happen to come from Edo are involved in Pr0stitution, human trafficking, petty drug dealing and general vagrancy.

I agree with you and the President

[img]http://i.onthe.io/vllkytaHR0cDovL2kuY2RubmFpai5jb20vby9yck1CZk5NVnQ0N1FHMXFVWUNvY3RxNXMuanBn.prx.r800x600.04b44e43.jpg[/img]
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by ZombieNation: 9:56am On Feb 07, 2016
Mamatee07:

Backstabbing for what making our choice You guys throw words around without understanding the meaning. Most of the SW had been in opposition way before GEJ yet we still voted the same GEJ the first time while we didn't even vote our our Obasanjo. You can only backstab someone you have a deal with and we never made a deal with anyone

So Edo is now SW?

Guy never ever put your yoruba nose into Niger Delta affairs

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mployer(m): 10:24am On Feb 07, 2016
ellacute45:
Deportation ti take over grin

my dear grin grin grin

u gat the picture well....
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Shymm3x: 10:24am On Feb 07, 2016
abbey621:

Broda my experience in Nigeria has taken me to heights here in the U.S, heights that many can only dream of, I don't know where you live and frankly I could care less, if you deny the Nigerian in you then you are even more delusional than it seems. In response to your question, the only backlash Obama got was from the opposition and a few others who held little opinion of him anyways! Majority of democrats and people of ethnic backgrounds supported him. How about you look at this scenario, Obama after the shooting death of Trayvon Martin making a statement that he fears the mere thought of his daughters or one of their friends walking by in a neighborhood and being harassed by a cop just because of their skin color or the type of garments they wore. The president's statement clearly stirred up issue of racial profiling and race generally in America, he was attacked by the opposition but majority of people clearly understood what he was saying. My point is this, a president does not have to be politically correct all the time, the greatest presidents in the history of the world have always been surrounded by controversies and it takes guts to be able to say what you mean and mean what you say!

Good for you. However, that doesn't everything wrong with the mentality and it's a mentality that's very difficult to shake off. Err, you're the delusional one for trying to all get defensive about ya experience. My experience is different and regardless of what anyone feels about it, I align with my experience all the time. I'm a realist - I don't run from who I'm and everything that shaped my existence.

Anyway, why didn't naij give you the opportunities the US gave you? And shouldn't Buhari be doing the same in naij by giving those in naij the same opportunities to get to whatever height they want to get to, rather than spouting tripe everywhere?

With Obama, it wasn't only the opposition - there was a backlash all over the US. Why do you think he apologised and organised a beer summit to defuse everything? You think complaints from only the opposition would've made him do that?

He was diplomatic in what he said about Trayvon Martin, especially with the way he used his daughters to tell the narrative. That's how a president should talk - not Buhari's way of opening his mouth before thinking.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Nobody: 10:27am On Feb 07, 2016
Lol yea grin
mployer:

my dear grin grin grin

u gat the picture well....
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by mikki123(m): 10:28am On Feb 07, 2016
As a President of a country, your primary assignment is to protect the integrity of you country, if you cannot then you are not fit to be the President..

If you agree click like

1 Like 1 Share

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by MrGerald(m): 10:32am On Feb 07, 2016
Bubu disgracing Nigeria and Nigerians since 1759 Guinness time
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Shymm3x: 10:32am On Feb 07, 2016
babafirst:
Please,Prof Gates case is not a perfect example to cite here,it involved racism (tribalism if it happened in Nigeria) and Obama had to be cautious(and all Nigerians are cautious too when it comes to tribalism and in 'real life' they pretend to love each other but on Nairaland where they are 'faceless' they show their true colours) but PMB mentioned a problem that involves all tribes not representing Nigeria well abroad and not the hardworking ones like Odion Ighalo,Emenike,Obafemi Martin's or my elder brother who is a 'first class' medical doctor in the UK today. Ofcourse that comment has not reduced my brother's clients/patients one bit.

I'd say I was citing the Prof. Gates saga out of context and I only cited it to buttress my point that being "blunt and cold" when dealing with certain issues isn't how you show leadership.

Do you live in the UK?

If you do, I'd like to use MP David Lammy's case during the London Riots as an example. David Lammy threw Tottenham, his constituent, under the bus during the riots. There was a lot of backlash cos he's black, from Tottenham, and he represents Tottenham in the house of commons. The only folks who supported him were racist white people. Heck, even some went as far as saying David Lammy is the type of black person white people like - a house nyggah.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Jesusloveyou: 10:33am On Feb 07, 2016
luvinhubby:
I am not a criminal, i am an honest, sincere, hardworking Nigerian. Check my signature.

Buhari did not represent me.

#AmaNigerianNotaCriminal.
if u are notcriminal and sincere, why are u supporting d clueless corrupt buffoon and his cronies?

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Zellie: 10:37am On Feb 07, 2016
Is he lying? No he's not. But it was very wrong to have said it , abroad shocked , on the media shocked .. When your own president dey cast you, e don finish now grin

Buhari has an IQ in negative numbers, very dumb president sad

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Jesusloveyou: 10:37am On Feb 07, 2016
adaxxy:
you too keep quiet does that mean that he should paint everybody black,
Mr President sir you're a big fool.
u are more than a big fo.ol, u support criminals and corruption, and u looking for who to paint u white fo.ol
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by aprokomania(m): 10:40am On Feb 07, 2016
TippyTop:
Nairaland comments featured heavily, even Lasticlala's name appeared outside Nairaland today....hehehehe

#IAmANigerianNotACriminal
mumu copy and paste bloggers. no mind them o
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by babajero(m): 10:40am On Feb 07, 2016
tsdarkside:

from my view,buhari did nothing wrong...are the nigerians abroad,not nigerians too??...

your father is telling you to stop your bad habits,and you are abusing your father back...

na koboko whips you will get.....
So if your father wants to tell you to stop your bad habit it must be in a village square?
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by dokiOloye(m): 10:46am On Feb 07, 2016
sameer1212:
If what Mr president said pain you,tell your brothers to desist from embarrassing us and stop doing drug trafficking.
one of Ur suicide bomber brothers is worse than 10,000 drug traffickers.
At least,nobody forces d other to take drugs.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by kendyk: 10:59am On Feb 07, 2016
But Nigeria means nigga(neega) area. Dont you know who a nigga is. With all these things happening in this country, who will deny what Buhari said. I cant stand pretenders. Nnamdi Kanu was saying exactly the same thing and they said he should be killed. If you remember Thomas Sankara from Burkinafaso, he noticed the name(Upper Volta) the white people called them was not good and he changed it to Burkinafaso( Men of upright character) but here everybody is jumping up shouting one Nigeria. Hypocrites everywhere
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by uvalued(m): 11:08am On Feb 07, 2016
Elosky20:
am yet to see where he called all nigerians abroad criminals.
people trying to make a mountain from a mole hill.

read here http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/nigeria/12143510/Nigerians-reputation-for-crime-has-made-them-unwelcome-in-Britain-says-countrys-president.html
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by luvinhubby(m): 11:09am On Feb 07, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
if u are notcriminal and sincere, why are u supporting d clueless corrupt buffoon and his cronies?

Hypocrite .
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:18am On Feb 07, 2016
Shymm3x:

Okay, you live in America. However, that doesn't negate the fact that you can take a naij person out of naij, but can't take the residual effects of naij experience and the mentality out of the person. And it's very evident in ya posts.

In as much as the US isn't a shinning example to define refinement cos the average yank is a brawn. I'd like to cite a similar example from America of the president of a country being supposedly "blunt and cold" unnecessarily in a different context and I'll like to know what you think. During the Harvard Professor, Henry Gates, and the police saga of racial profiling and forceful arrest in his home. I'm sure you remember Obama, as the POTUS, was "blunt and cold" when he gave his opinion on the issue. But what backlash did he get for being unpresidential in his approach, despite the fact that everything he said was right on the money? Once you can answer this, you'll understand why Buhari's wrong.
Bros,on many occasions I admire ur views on issue but I beg to differ on this! I ve been lamenting for ages about the natural propensity for an average Nija to be evil, deadly and criminally minded sometimes! Do u knw the terribly unspeakable and unbelievable crimes our brothers comit in foreign countries! Nigerians single-handedly destroyed the integrity of d black race in Libya. It was sooooo bad that Libyans started to spit on any black person seen on the streets. Nigerians are soooooo unimaginably terrible that even other Nigerians run away when they see their fellow Nigerians in foreign countries! Nigerians are jus too bad! And what is bad is simply bad! As a matter of urgency we need to own-up and get honest wit the trut that our pple, home and abroad, need a change of attitude! Imagine what these two Nigerian did to their generous chinese employer in Benin City, in this post; www.nairaland.com/2917841/employees-set-fire-house-chinese! this is a very small crime when compared to others! Thanks
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Ebukaobi: 11:22am On Feb 07, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Bros,on many occasions I admire ur views on issue but I beg to differ on this! I ve been lamenting for ages about the natural propensity for an average Nija to be criminally minded sometimes! Do u knw the terrible unspeakable and unbelievable crimes our brothers comit in foreign countries! Nigerians single-handedly destroyed the integrity of d black race in Libya. It was sooooo bad that Libyans started to spit on any black person seen on the streets.Nigerians are soooooo unimaginably terrible that even other Nigerians run away when they see their fellow Nigerians in foreign countries! Nigerians are jus too bad! And what is bad is simply bad! As a matter of urgency we need to own-up and get honest wit the trut that our pple, home and abroad, need a change of attitude! Imagine what these two Nigerian did to their generous chinese employers in Benin City in this post; www.nairaland.com/2917841/employees-set-fire-house-chinese! this is a very small crime when compared to others!

Bros let them continue to deceive themselves

The funny part of it all is 90% of those commenting have not read his speech

Funny peops

5 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:24am On Feb 07, 2016
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by AbaGuyMan(m): 11:25am On Feb 07, 2016
abbey621:

I'm sorry but what you wrote is plain rubbish! I'm a Nigerian living abroad and I see no way in which the president's statements makes life more difficult for Nigerians abroad unless the ones engaging in criminal activities. It's funny you make reference to Obama when his approval rating is less than 40% among U.S residents. If Obama is your measuring stick for unity then my friend you have failed! What exactly are you angry about or displeased with? Did you actually read or watched the interview? If you did, I challenge you to show me exactly what the president said that's false or damaging to Nigerians living abroad? I'm sure you are educated and not a media zombie, show me exactly where the president called Nigerians abroad criminals,if you can't then please be quiet!

Before I reply your comment, I'll like to plead with you never again to refer to my opinion as 'rubbish' and don't tell me to keep quiet on a public forum cos you don't feed me. Be civil when making comments here and don't insult anyone, you don't know me and i don't know you.

Now to your comment.....Firstly, I don't care about your Obama's 40% rating, he's not my idol and I don't live in the US. I only picked a statement from his speech to drive home my point that a president should seek peace and development for those who voted him and those who did not!

About two months ago, I was walking past a chanonry on a Sunday afternoon when a British man coming opposite me stopped me to ask if I was a Nigerian, I answered in the affirmative and he started saying all sorts of things about Nigeria in the form of mockery. I didn't want to insult him or act in a way that will confirm that we are really bad people, i just kept my cool. Now tell me if I was committing any crime at that point that will make this man say something ill about my country to my very face. It's true that Nigeria to some extent has a bad image but our goal should not be to further dent our image and if anybody should speak of Nigeria in a bad light, it shouldn't be the president of Nigeria!
My problem with you guys is never admitting that PMB is wrong!! Like you see him as a saint or whatever.

Tell me any president who has ever gone abroad to speak bad of his country??

My own sha, is for Nigeria to get better, whether na PMB , ABC or XYZ sidon there as president!

If you're not answering my last question, you may as well not quote me.

1 Like

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by AbaGuyMan(m): 11:29am On Feb 07, 2016
abbey621:

I'm sorry but what you wrote is plain rubbish! I'm a Nigerian living abroad and I see no way in which the president's statements makes life more difficult for Nigerians abroad unless the ones engaging in criminal activities. It's funny you make reference to Obama when his approval rating is less than 40% among U.S residents. If Obama is your measuring stick for unity then my friend you have failed! What exactly are you angry about or displeased with? Did you actually read or watched the interview? If you did, I challenge you to show me exactly what the president said that's false or damaging to Nigerians living abroad? I'm sure you are educated and not a media zombie, show me exactly where the president called Nigerians abroad criminals,if you can't then please be quiet!

Before I reply your comment, I'll like to plead with you never again to refer to my opinion as 'rubbish' and don't tell me to keep quiet on a public forum cos you don't feed me. Be civil when making comments here and don't insult anyone, you don't know me and i don't know you.

Now to your comment.....Firstly, I don't care about your Obama's 40% rating, he's not my idol and I don't live in the US. I only picked a statement from his speech to drive home my point that a president should seek peace and development for those who voted him and those who did not!

About two months ago, I was walking past a chanonry on a Sunday afternoon when a British man coming opposite me stopped me to ask if I am a Nigerian, I answered in the affirmative and he started saying all sorts of things about Nigeria in the form of mockery. I didn't want to insult him or act in a way that will confirm that we are really bad people, i just kept my cool. Now tell me if I was committing any crime at that point that will make this man say something ill about my country to my very face. It's true that Nigeria to some extent has a bad image but our goal should not be to further dent our image and if anybody should speak of Nigeria in a bad light, it shouldn't be the president of Nigeria!
My problem with you guys is never admitting that PMB is wrong!! Like you see him as a saint or whatever.

My own sha, is for Nigeria to get better, whether na PMB , ABC or XYZ sidon there as president!

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by babafirst(m): 11:29am On Feb 07, 2016
Shymm3x:

I'd say I was citing the Prof. Gates saga out of context and I only cited it to buttress my point that being "blunt and cold" when dealing with certain issues isn't how you show leadership.

Do you live in the UK?

If you do, I'd like to use MP David Lammy's case during the London Riots as an example. David Lammy threw Tottenham, his constituent, under the bus during the riots. There was a lot of backlash cos he's black, from Tottenham, and he represents Tottenham in the house of commons. The only folks who supported him were racist white people. Heck, even some went as far as saying David Lammy is the type of black person white people like - a house nyggah.
I don't live in the UK .And I am not too familiar with the David Lammy case but will Google it to better understand your context.
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by Shymm3x: 11:33am On Feb 07, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
Bros,on many occasions I admire ur views on issue but I beg to differ on this! I ve been lamenting for ages about the natural propensity for an average Nija to be criminally minded sometimes! Do u knw the terrible unspeakable and unbelievable crimes our brothers comit in foreign countries! Nigerians single-handedly destroyed the integrity of d black race in Libya. It was sooooo bad that Libyans started to spit on any black person seen on the streets.Nigerians are soooooo unimaginably terrible that even other Nigerians run away when they see their fellow Nigerians in foreign countries! Nigerians are jus too bad! And what is bad is simply bad! As a matter of urgency we need to own-up and get honest wit the trut that our pple, home and abroad, need a change of attitude! Imagine what these two Nigerian did to their generous chinese employers in Benin City in this post; www.nairaland.com/2917841/employees-set-fire-house-chinese! this is a very small crime when compared to others!

@ bold - I'm not disputing. Actually, I was probably the first person to posit on this forum that the average Nigerian is criminal minded and he/she thrives on cutting corners. I'd get a lot of flack for that.

However, in this context, you just can't say that openly as the leader of a country. With what he said, he has given the UK the lee-way to start treating Nigerians a certain way and no one would be able to question that cos the president of Nigeria created the avenue for it with his loose talks. That's basically the point I'm trying to make.

Let me digress a bit: how come no one has a problem with all the misguided soundbites from everything Buhari said yesterday, from this one, to what he said about his personal doctors being in the UK, to his claims that there's no evidence to prosecute Diezani despite all the noise from his government and Sanusi, to his excuse about being the president at the wrong time? Isn't his honeymoon over? Why are folks giving him a pass, despite his lack of achievements since he took over?

Then when you look at his travels and the foreign policy of his government - you would see how much of a failure he has been thus far. He travelled to Iran, came back, and decided to get entangled with the shiites, thus making his travel to Iran a wasteful thing. Then decided to join an unnecessary coalition with Saudi Arabia and Qatar to fight an ISIS both countries created and funded. The Syrian war is about to take a new twist after the combined forces of Russia, Syria, Iran, Shiites, and Hezbollah encircled Aleppo a few days ago and there might be a showdown between those on the Russian bloc vs. those on the US/Saudi/Turkey bloc. So since Nigeria is in coalition with the latter - is he also going to send Nigerian troops there at the mercy of Russian bombs and their special forces? Why's Nigeria involved in something that has absolutely nothing to do with Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by NOETHNICITY(m): 11:36am On Feb 07, 2016
AbaGuyMan:

About two months ago, I was walking past a chanonry on a Sunday afternoon when a British man coming opposite me stopped me to ask if I was a Nigerian, I answered in the affirmative and he started saying all sorts of things about Nigeria in the form of mockery. I didn't want to insult him or act in a way that will confirm that we are really bad people, i just kept my cool. Now tell me if I was committing any crime at that point that will make this man say something ill about my country to my very face. It's true that Nigeria to some extent has a bad image but our goal should not be to further dent our image and if anybody should speak of Nigeria in a bad light, it shouldn't be the president of Nigeria!

How is d President wrong here when he is honestly seeking a change in d character of Nigerians? Now, that Briton treated u like that simply because of d terrible antecedents of ur brothers abroad! An ibo friend of mine deported from Libya in 2010 personally told me how terrible our pple are in abroad! He told me that it was the unspeakable crimes of our pple in Libya that sparked the massive deportation of BLACKS from Libya some years back! We need to tell ourselves the. Plain trut this time pls!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by AbaGuyMan(m): 11:38am On Feb 07, 2016
Shymm3x:

Good for you. However, that doesn't everything wrong with the mentality and it's a mentality that's very difficult to shake off. Err, you're the delusional one for trying to all get defensive about ya experience. My experience is different and regardless of what anyone feels about it, I align with my experience all the time. I'm a realist - I don't run from who I'm and everything that shaped my existence.

Anyway, why didn't naij give you the opportunities the US gave you? And shouldn't Buhari be doing the same in naij by giving those in naij the same opportunities to get to whatever height they want to get to, rather than spouting tripe everywhere?

With Obama, it wasn't only the opposition - there was a backlash all over the US. Why do you think he apologised and organised a beer summit to defuse everything? You think complaints from only the opposition would've made him do that?

He was diplomatic in what he said about Trayvon Martin, especially with the way he used his daughters to tell the narrative. That's how a president should talk - not Buhari's way of opening his mouth before thinking.

Thank you my brother!
You don't speak carelessly as a president. You mind what you say and always paint your country in a good light, no matter what!
Re: #IAmANigerianNotACriminal: Nigerians Respond To Buhari Disparaging Remark Abroad by AbaGuyMan(m): 11:40am On Feb 07, 2016
NOETHNICITY:
How is d President wrong here when he is honestly seeking a change in d character of Nigerians? Now, that Briton treated u like that simply because of d terrible antecedents of ur brothers abroad! An ibo friend of mine deported from Libya in 2010 personally told me how terrible our pple are in abroad! He told me that it was the unspeakable crimes of our pple in Libya that sparked the massive deportation of BLACKS from Libya some years back! We need to tell ourselves the. Plain trut this time pls!

You were making a little sense, before you brought up ethnicity. I can't waste my time on you!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Peter Obi Walking Home On Lagos Bridge After Church Service (Photos) / Ernest Shonekan Buried In ₦30 Million Vault, ₦8 Million Casket / DG Of The NTDC, Folorunsho Coker Smoking A Cigar (Video, Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.