Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:28 AM

What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? (40812 Views)

The Question Of Age Difference In Marriage. / What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? / Just For Fun....what Is The Age Difference Between You And Your Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Luckygurl(f): 11:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
I'm attracted to older guys.
I prefer them been much older than me, 8-12 year age difference is the perfect range for me.

The preference is a mutual one though cos so far so good, the older ones seems close and their younger counterpart miles away.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 11:21pm On Feb 09, 2016
Kachisbarbie:

Those men with stomachs like mortar, are their wives allowed to cheat too? Since they have refused to look like Treysongz?

The only things that keeps a man is a man that wants to be kept, not good looks, sex, food...anything.
Beautiful, you're brilliant. Yes only principles and a sense of morality can stop a man from cheating. But, a woman who looks after her body will dampen the desires than calls from without.

If I have for a wife a waist like yours, no amount of hip-swinging or butty-shaking will lure me away from her cheesy wink
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by AyamBlaze: 11:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lezzlie:
Thanks for admitting you don't read posts to their conclusion before rushing to react. What's the matter? The penchant for being seen and read got the better of your sense of objectivity and thoroughness? This is the 3rd time you have rocked up to my virtual hemisphere in a negative light and I don't care what spurs you. Be objective. You reek of a haunting,hanging overflow of emotions.
u and the other guy ain't making any sense. All this ur grammar won't get u a Grammy nomination, much less a Headies award. U only end up being a clown! #MyOpinion

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
egedege1:
Once they drop one, they go out of shape.
So true, my brother.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
Chidoks:
So a question as simple as this could cause all this unnecessary squabbles and rants.na wa o...

At least we learn some English.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by egedege1(m): 11:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
Lezzlie:
I have counted 3 things we have in common, babe. This being the most important and striking. And if your age coincidentally fits into the mix, expect me to take that final plunge into your life kiss
Instant toasting

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 11:24pm On Feb 09, 2016
OneManLegion:
I have a problem with the Post's verbiages: they're too grandiloquent. I really hate ostentation.
my broda walahi... the grammar is a very pompous one
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by amacastel: 11:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
I prefer 10yrs - 20yrs older is my ideal may be cos I mingle with ladies far older than me as my besties. I see see my mates as younger I don't take a 30yr old man serious.that's my spec
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by AyamBlaze: 11:25pm On Feb 09, 2016
Luckygurl:
I'm attracted to older guys.
I prefer them been much older than me, 8-12 year age difference is the perfect range for me.

The preference is a mutual one though cos so far so good, the older ones seems close and their younger counterpart miles away.
how old re u?
Re u married?
I need answers.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by malachytochukwu(m): 11:26pm On Feb 09, 2016
Personalize your comment please. I presume you meant that he should come down to your level. Back to the topic, personally I feel that 3 to 8 years age difference isn't bad.
Pineapp:
grin
Please help Nigerians to help you.
Come down to our level.
Because after the days heat and scourging sun,we tend to understand the simpler Englishes better.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
AyamBlaze:
u and the other guy ain't making any sense. All this ur grammar won't get u a Grammy nomination, much less a Headies award. U only end up being a clown! #MyOpinion
Yes we aren't. My apologies! He had it coming. I couldn't ignore. One jibe too many.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by babyfaceafrica: 11:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
Derailed topic

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by SURElee(f): 11:29pm On Feb 09, 2016
Pineapp:
grin
Please help Nigerians to help you.
Come down to our level.
Because after the days heat and scourging sun,we tend to understand the simpler Englishes better.

God bless you. I come dey wonder whether Chris Okotie or patrick Obahiagbon brother don dey NL
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Jamean(f): 11:30pm On Feb 09, 2016
Emasel:

you're a smallie afterall tongue

yaf come again o.. ya finding my trouble now o! angry

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Codyt(m): 11:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
Jamean:

NO!

I believe I'm not one of the people it will work for.. besides marrying a younger man will imply that I have to wait for quite a number of years before getting married. Again I don't see that happening.
Hmmmm... You don't say. Let's Assume 2years gap, you still won't go ahead?

Just felt to know your opinion. No hard feelings
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Jamean(f): 11:35pm On Feb 09, 2016
Codyt:
Hmmmm... You don't say. Let's Assume 2years gap, you still won't go ahead?
Just felt to know your opinion. No hard feelings
No baby
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Mzdivacious(f): 11:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
AyamBlaze:
how old re u? Re u married? I need answers.
lol why d questions tho
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Codyt(m): 11:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
Jamean:

No baby
Pls may I know the Reason?
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Luckygurl(f): 11:43pm On Feb 09, 2016
AyamBlaze:
how old re u?
Re u married?
I need answers.

Whyyyyy
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by professore(m): 11:45pm On Feb 09, 2016
I like your write up,by the way I like 3 to 7 years,but I can still accept 2 years younger woman due to love.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
lifeisabitch:
And who cares if I look older or younger? My husband, period. So many stupid posts on NL nowadays. Apart from the grammatical composition of the op, the message itself is bull crap.
Marry who you love, love covers all.

no it doesn't

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by ceecee0703(m): 11:49pm On Feb 09, 2016
lifeisabitch:
And who cares if I look older or younger? My husband, period. So many stupid posts on NL nowadays. Apart from the grammatical composition of the op, the message itself is bull crap. Marry who you love, love covers all.

The bible said love covers a multitude (alot )of sins but not all. The OP considered alot of factors moreso he mirrored it down to Nigeria.

The major reason why most men marry younger ladies is becos most Nigerian women work themselves into shape and maintain it but immediately after wedding that changes. They unnecessarilly start getting fat and unkept. so to avoid this they marry younger ladies.

furthermore this action has disadvantages but can be curbed if the mentality of the lady is high and if love is in place. for me any r/ship more than 10yr gap becomes world/generations apart

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Babyphinas(f): 11:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by tomdon(m): 11:53pm On Feb 09, 2016
MrsPhyno:

U think so? I was even over exaggerating.... it's like from my age mates to 2 yrs older. Meanwhile most of my friends say at least age 29.... Iono what's wrong with me, my mum said it's temporary grin

extremely temporary!
sign juvenile stage
hahaha
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by AyamBlaze: 11:54pm On Feb 09, 2016
Luckygurl:

Whyyyyy
Curiousity, I guess!
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by AyamBlaze: 11:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
Mzdivacious:
lol why d questions tho
I'm a very nosy person
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by AyamBlaze: 12:01am On Feb 10, 2016
Lezzlie:
Yes we aren't. My apologies! He had it coming. I couldn't ignore. One jibe too many.
none required, sire! BTW, I had to open my Merriam Webster dictionary all because of ur big big oyinbo grin
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by tomdon(m): 12:02am On Feb 10, 2016
postmann:
It's good to see the op engaging in a completely healthy topic of interest for all of humanity.
Giving his literal capacity, many stand to gain if he decides to choose his posts and topics on a healthy standing.

Ok, now about the spousal age difference, well different stroke for different folks. But I think the ideal age space for spouse or intended couple should be a minimum of maybe 4-5. But not exceeding 6 or 8

But I must admit marriage is very dynamic and so are the players and their characters. There isn't any standard preference when it comes to age spacing for couples. What works for a couple will not work for others.
So let each take his preference as is suitable for him.
Even the op who is Abrahamic in preference.

OP, abeg no quote me o or refer to me indirectly. I just say make I yarn small for your topic.

you could have minded your business and stayed dafuk away from his topic than type all this nonsenc tongue in cheek talk that even makes no sense.
why not just go ahead and drop your comment, I wonder why cast aspersion on the writer.
your self righteousness is irritating

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by postmann: 12:08am On Feb 10, 2016
tomdon:

you could have minded your business and stayed dafuk away from his topic than type all this nonsenc tongue in cheek talk that even makes no sense
your self righteousness is irritating

And if you had minded your business or investigated properly, you wouldn't find yourself walking right into a f.o.o.l's trap, meddling in a family feud.

Then you wouldn't have to
look _stupid later.

#rashstranger
undecided

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Chidoks(f): 12:11am On Feb 10, 2016
sarzy:

At least we learn some English.
The English no trip person joor!
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Sunnypar(m): 12:20am On Feb 10, 2016
Lezzlie:
This is probably as subjective as one's own preference for food or sense of clothing, but if we could pretend to present it in the guise of objectivity and a common general expediency for the overall good of marriage, I will ask what then is the ideal age difference for spousal spacing?

Given the fact that women --the vast majority-- do not wear age with the same grace as men tend to do, it is a fact to be looked at with painful and _naked reality. The bilogical pendulum swings and the physical conditioning of women tend to move even faster than the strokes of the clock of time dictates.

Then perhaps, a ten year difference will balance this out? Or Seven , maybe eight. Where the couples blend with time into a uniform exterior. As the man crowds his 50's and the woman nudges nearer 45-ish the uniformity in looks blends into a seamless match.

Modern Educational system has conditioned most couple of same age group as probable marriage suitors. Often the woman ages faster physically, damping the flames of heated passion and animated desires somewhere along the winding path of marriage.

Of course loves is fundamental, but a nice, healthy and smooth body outline ignites the flames of desire and passion that love is rekindled in marriage to a new height.

On the side note, it behoves women should spare some time for physical activities and tone their skin more with exercises than with chemical properties and fast foods with telemundo as dessert. grin grin grin

Nigerian women ,especially, have an abhorrence for physical exercise. There's an unspoken belief that once a woman is secured in the grips of matrimony, her physical outlook takes an ephemeral value. They can't be more wrong. Men still feel reassured that their wives take an extra care to keep fit and in shape for them.

An age difference of 10 years strikes the balance in favour of both men and women.

At least her heart won't do the double that hubby is chasing down the younger lass down the street. wink
10 years is perfect.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lordstarks(m): 12:20am On Feb 10, 2016
Yawns tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Expecting A New Baby , Need Shopping List / Beautiful Pictures Of A Nairalander And His Family / My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.