Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,868 members, 7,813,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? (40809 Views)

The Question Of Age Difference In Marriage. / What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? / Just For Fun....what Is The Age Difference Between You And Your Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by above2811(m): 7:44am On Feb 10, 2016
Age to me, is just a number. But inasmuch there is love between the spouse , other factors like age difference are irrelevant to me. Presently am 38 while my wife is 36+.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 8:29am On Feb 10, 2016
Lezzlie:
This is probably as subjective as one's own preference for food or sense of clothing, but if we could pretend to present it in the guise of objectivity and a common general expediency for the overall good of marriage, I will ask what then is the ideal age difference for spousal spacing?

Given the fact that women --the vast majority-- do not wear age with the same grace as men tend to do, it is a fact to be looked at with painful and _naked reality. The bilogical pendulum swings and the physical conditioning of women tend to move even faster than the strokes of the clock of time dictates.

Then perhaps, a ten year difference will balance this out? Or Seven , maybe eight. Where the couples blend with time into a uniform exterior. As the man crowds his 50's and the woman nudges nearer 45-ish the uniformity in looks blends into a seamless match.

Modern Educational system has conditioned most couple of same age group as probable marriage suitors. Often the woman ages faster physically, damping the flames of heated passion and animated desires somewhere along the winding path of marriage.

Of course loves is fundamental, but a nice, healthy and smooth body outline ignites the flames of desire and passion that love is rekindled in marriage to a new height.

On the side note, it behoves women should spare some time for physical activities and tone their skin more with exercises than with chemical properties and fast foods with telemundo as dessert. grin grin grin

Nigerian women ,especially, have an abhorrence for physical exercise. There's an unspoken belief that once a woman is secured in the grips of matrimony, her physical outlook takes an ephemeral value. They can't be more wrong. Men still feel reassured that their wives take an extra care to keep fit and in shape for them.

An age difference of 10 years strikes the balance in favour of both men and women.

At least her heart won't do the double that hubby is chasing down the younger lass down the street. wink

Like you said it is rather subjective.

I have seen couples where the wife is 10 years younger than the husband, yet as time goes on she looked 5 years older.

The effect of age is not something you determine by age gap. Individuals have it different. There are people who look 10 years older immediately after their first child. And there are couples where the wife is older but you can never tell in their advanced ages.

Besides, age does not determine when heated passion subsides. Heated passion is not what holds a relationship. I've seen couples in their late 70's still having seex.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Gkemz: 8:32am On Feb 10, 2016
Clap for yourself. Celebrating your inefficiency
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Missmossy(f): 8:50am On Feb 10, 2016
What a thread!!!!

As for me there is really nothing like an ideal spousal age difference instead whatever rocks your boat grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by mzvyne(f): 9:00am On Feb 10, 2016
AreaFada2:

My dear, Bill Clinton cheated, John Major Cheated.

King David & Solomon had loads of wives & concubines.

The day I found out that one very decent & gentle guy was cheating for years with a lady near my house, I gave up.

He has two kids with his very pretty wife. She's a very good friend of many years too. She never knew till day. I bet she'd swear he doesn't cheat.

You can accuse me of normalising it but fact is......while some men may not cheat, any man, poor, rich, famous or average can cheat.

By the way statistically:

50% of first born kids actually belong to another man outside.
30% of all kids belong to another man outside.

So women too are cheating with a "face-me-I-face you" neighbour, colleague/boss at work, old flame or sugar daddy, old course mate, old lecturer, NYSC mate, etc.

Social media has suddenly given housewives access to loads of men from far and near. Same for men. grin cheesy
Toh, let the cheating continue!
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 9:08am On Feb 10, 2016
lifeisabitch:
maybe if you didn't mention Nubian113, is she your e crush? Did he efuck her like he did so many others? Perhaps he did and ur hurting.
Nigerian mentality what? Arent t u Nigerian?

@bolded...Hell no. That's very ludicrous grin grin
She's way older than me. We are more like frenemies(something like Drake & Josh or Harvey Specter & Louis Litt) Pay no mind to what that befuddled over-aged lunatic expectorates. He's the one always chasing virtual internet chicks - I on the other hand have a large number of girlfriends offline - there's a huge difference between us. He's the sex-starved tool, not me.

I mentioned her because she wouldn't mind, and also because he derailed the conversation first by including a bunch of unrelated things - I merely reciprocated the gesture.

E-fück her? Nah. Even if he did, it's none of my darn business.
He was àss-licking & acting too subservient in his interactions with her. I didn't feel comfortable with him demeaning the male specie by acting like an obsequious Uriah heep. And I quoted him to express my displeasure, not in an inveighing manner of course.
Nubian saw it and she didn't do nowt. We've quoted each other after then many times, so your friend is either high on cow dung or hallucinating.
I don't know about you but from where I come from, women like to be manhandled a little bit, not have a toadying foöl worship them all day.

He also said Nubian or Creamish didn't follow me. When in fact Nubian was the one that followed me first.
I wonder how creamish even came into the frame of discussion. He probably likes her and only used that as a subtle way of getting her attention as he does to every single monicker carry the (f) tag grin

I woke up to only 4 mentions. I'm disappointed. I thought he would have mentioned me like 600 times. Or posted 65 fake photos to claim they belong to me.
We on the other hand have seen what he really looks like, not photos stolen off another person's Facebook account .
Sweetorgasm/saintloveren, kindly post the photos of that 34 year old fat-lipped orangutan here again. The one who calls himself Lesbian. Sorry, I meant Lezzlié, or whatever his ugly name is grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 9:12am On Feb 10, 2016
Ganoderma:

Like you said it is rather subjective.

I have seen couples where the wife is 10 years younger than the husband, yet as time goes on she looked 5 years older.

The effect of age is not something you determine by age gap. Individuals have it different. There are people who look 10 years older immediately after their first child. And there are couples where the wife is older but you can never tell in their advanced ages.

Besides, age does not determine when heated passion subsides. Heated passion is not what holds a relationship. I've seen couples in their late 70's still having seex.

Yes, you're right almost entirely. Couples actually spend less than one fourth in bed for the entire duration of their lives. But heated passion is also subjective too.

Nigerian women are wont to neglecting their physical appeal once they are safely married, and I have also seen couples in their 90's still holding hands . The husband died first and the wife followed in a week's time.

That was one experience that defined my view of marriage and love forever.

But physical appeal matters too. I have seen husbands who want there wives to dress seductively sharp. If such wives end up being slovenly draped , it will surely dampen the enthusiasm of passion in the marriage.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by grandlexuz(m): 9:22am On Feb 10, 2016
G
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 10, 2016
Nubian113:

Hi do we know each other I'm sorry that your life's abitch but I beg go bark somewhere else. This comment was cowardly and a lil insulting. angry

She's a dick-rider.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by ikwubaba: 9:41am On Feb 10, 2016
Every other thing remaining the same, a regression analysis drawn for seemingly perfect couples indicated a formula simplify as below.

X/2 + 7 = Y

X being the man's age and Y is the woman's age.

Mind you, this assumes every other factor considered of importance are taken care of.

Implication is that a guy of 14 will relate perfectly with a girl of 14 (no evil intended). Buy a man of 70 should be looking at a woman of 42. Not of age 60 as the 10 yrs gap theorist will like to propound.

At the normal marrying age in Nigeria between 30-35 for guys, the babes should be between 22 and 24 yrs.

Conversely, when a lady hits 30, she should be eyeing guys around 46 yrs old.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Chidoks(f): 9:46am On Feb 10, 2016
Snipes009:
You dey watch them too? Lol. That's what you get when you buy smartphones for kids who are not really smart...

LOL!! I dey watch o. The surprising thing is the depth of bitterness, arrogance and callousness! Shebi na our future leaders be dat? Make I siddon dey look dem...
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 10:15am On Feb 10, 2016
Shebi na our future leaders be dat? Take this Chidoks kiss I always tell people that if we are to judge by the comments our youth makes on social media platforms (which is perhaps, the only avenue for them to voice their opinions), then Nigeria's future is somewhat dim unless there's a mutation somewhere or we are lucky to have the sane 0.1% make it to the top.

Chidoks:

LOL!! I dey watch o. The surprising thing is the depth of bitterness, arrogance and callousness! Shebi na our future leaders be dat? Make I siddon dey look dem...
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Chidoks(f): 10:27am On Feb 10, 2016
Snipes009:
Shebi na our future leaders be dat? Take this Chidoks kiss I always tell people that if we are to judge by the comments our youth makes on social media platforms (which is perhaps, the only avenue for them to voice their opinions), then Nigeria's future is somewhat dim unless there's a mutation somewhere or we are lucky to have the sane 0.1% make it to the top.

"Which is perhaps, the only avenue for them to voice their opinions"
I'm deeply concerned about this opinion of theirs. Opinions that are deeply rooted in bitterness and malice, characterized by vulgarism and disrespect. Isn't that their true nature? Won't they corrupt others by their free outburst at the slightest provocation??
Often times I think they just do it for fun but what fun is there in verbal abuse? Isn't it true that out of the abundance of the heart,the mouth speaketh?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by mzvyne(f): 10:38am On Feb 10, 2016
thespokenword:
Abraham and Sarah are my ideal example-that is 10 years.if you are 23,you are invited

Surely age isnt all there is to it.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Dlorv(f): 10:38am On Feb 10, 2016
It depends wel 5 to 6 years 4 me
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by illicit(m): 10:40am On Feb 10, 2016
issues such as age in a relationship are relative to individuals psychology and orientation. if the purpose of the relationship is based on looks then age matters particularly in this area of the world where people age disgracefully and quickly. some people simply have relationships with their best friends and in such cases age doesnt matter
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by sparkleRed(f): 10:42am On Feb 10, 2016
Mine 10 yrs is enough undecided

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by franzis(m): 11:23am On Feb 10, 2016
I prefer we both being the same age ..just months difference

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by herboshedhe(f): 11:30am On Feb 10, 2016
franzis:
I prefer we both being the same age ..just months difference
Your reasons sir?
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 11:31am On Feb 10, 2016
You're a fvckin idiot. You just can't help yourself. Attention seeking male Mitch hoe? I won't quote your business on here but SON you have issues. Drop my moniker.

darkenedrebel:

She's way older than me. We are more like frenemies(something like Drake & Josh or Harvey Specter & Louis Litt)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Coolgent(m): 11:35am On Feb 10, 2016
To me ages doesnt matter what matter is LOVE!
Anyway am 8yrs older than my spouse
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by kumbalo(m): 11:48am On Feb 10, 2016
Something I have come to understand is that the older the man get, the more the age difference is likely to be. My Uncle 40 married a 23 year old lady. They are both doing fine. Another friend 35 married a 22 year old lady. Men seems to be going for the younger ladies these days. Like i tell people. Whatever rocks your boat. there is a 12 year difference between me and my fiancee. Something i got to know after many month in the relationship. I don't like older ladies. they seem "tired" and often time the relationship lack the spice cos there seem not to be anything left to be explored.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by kumbalo(m): 11:50am On Feb 10, 2016
ikwubaba:
Every other thing remaining the same, a regression analysis drawn for seemingly perfect couples indicated a formula simplify as below.

X/2 + 7 = Y

X being the man's age and Y is the woman's age.

Mind you, this assumes every other factor considered of importance are taken care of.

Implication is that a guy of 14 will relate perfectly with a girl of 14 (no evil intended). Buy a man of 70 should be looking at a woman of 42. Not of age 60 as the 10 yrs gap theorist will like to propound.

At the normal marrying age in Nigeria between 30-35 for guys, the babes should be between 22 and 24 yrs.

Conversely, when a lady hits 30, she should be eyeing guys around 46 yrs old.

Logically correct!
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by dollyjoy(f): 12:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
I miss drama embarassed
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by steph2sweet(f): 12:28pm On Feb 10, 2016
I will want my future hubby to be 7 ~9 years older than me, anything less than 7,is not in my taste.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Creamish(f): 12:35pm On Feb 10, 2016
Lezzlie:
Then you have agreed by implication that it takes more than love in marriage.

I think no woman will settle for a man she can't look up to -- except desperation creeps in. And age difference is one chief factor that sets the tone for respect and love to follow.

@bold.ed ..Very true..atleast for me. It's a 5 year difference between us and for me it's very much ideal. I wouldn't mind a 4-8yrs difference.

I know women who look 10 years younger than they actually are (e.g me). So the men end up aging faster tongue. I'm also in support of a good exercise/workout or sports ..the latter is more fun for me. It helps delay aging/sagging bodies and a generally unattractive appearance.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 12:50pm On Feb 10, 2016
Creamish:

@bold.ed ..Very true..atleast for me. It's a 5 year difference between us and for me it's very much ideal. I wouldn't mind a 4-8yrs difference.

I know women who look 10 years younger than they actually are (e.g me). So the men end up aging faster tongue. I'm also in support of a good exercise/workout or sports ..the latter is more fun for me. It helps delay aging/sagging bodies and a generally unattractive appearance.
Seems my attraction to you stems from many sources. Lord help me.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Creamish(f): 12:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
Lezzlie:
Seems my attraction to you stems from many sources. Lord help me.

Are you into sports? I get bored with men who aren't.. grin
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

She's way older than me. We are more like frenemies(something like Drake & Josh or Harvey Specter & Louis Litt) Pay no mind to what that befuddled over-aged lunatic expectorates. He's the one always chasing virtual internet chicks - I on the other hand have a large number of girlfriends offline - there's a huge difference between us. He's the sex-starved tool, not me.

I mentioned her because she wouldn't mind, and also because he derailed the conversation first by including a bunch of unrelated things - I merely reciprocated the gesture.

He was àss-licking & acting too subservient in his interactions with her. I didn't feel comfortable with him demeaning the male specie by acting like an obsequious Uriah heep. And I quoted him to express my displeasure, not in an inveighing manner of course.
Nubian saw it and she didn't do nowt. We've quoted each other after then many times, so your friend is either high on cow dung or hallucinating.
I don't know about you but from where I come from, women like to be manhandled a little bit, not have a toadying foöl worship them all day.

He also said Nubian or Creamish didn't follow me. When in fact Nubian was the one that followed me first.
I wonder how creamish even came into the frame of discussion. He probably likes her and only used that as a subtle way of getting her attention as he does to every single monicker carry the (f) tag grin

I woke up to only 4 mentions. I'm disappointed. I thought he would have mentioned me like 600 times. Or posted 65 fake photos to claim they belong to me.
We on the other hand have seen what he really looks like, not photos stolen off another person's Facebook account .
Sweetorgasm/saintloveren, kindly post the photos of that 34 year old fat-lipped orangutan here again. The one who calls himself Lesbian. Sorry, I meant Lezzlié, or whatever his ugly name is grin

i really dont give a flying fuuuuuuck, u guys can fight all i care, it's a brand new day. and i hope the biiiitch in question is worth it. bye
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Jayboot(m): 1:17pm On Feb 10, 2016
Now see tu face... He's right though.. 10 years difference

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 1:20pm On Feb 10, 2016
darkenedrebel:

[s]

We on the other hand have seen what he really look
[/s]
Rejection pains you to your bones I feel you crack. You claimed you dissed my thread just for jokes only for you to contradict yourself by claiming you did it out of scorn. You claimed you never knew me, yet you're pained to call Nubian into the matter when it doesn't relate to her.
That's why internet isn't cool for kids with attention deficit syndrome and high dementia. Half the girls you drool over and follow don't follow you back. You're hurting.
But who wants to follow an insecure, poverty-overridden destitute who creates fake female monikers to woo himself on nairaland? To mislead unsuspecting females that he is wanted.

Who wants to be interested in an attention seeking diminutive mentally starved glory-craver who creates fake monikers to give himself cheap "likes" ?

Aren't you the guttersnipe who claimed his mother is white and that his dad is from a royal peerage? Yet you're as black as a burnt offering, as unsightly as a moonless night. With wide gaping nostrils befitting a chacma, mandrillus baboon grin

A poverty beaten frog who couldn't get funds to support his fine artistry work. A failed rapper who screams "you know who this is", when you have no single solo in your name. How do we know you? Did you attend same school with us?
Rantings of a virtually rejected ape.

Ever since your pictures surfaced in NL you've been acting out of desperate to stay relevant. Rap is dead kid as dead as your dreams. You always fail in all aspect humanity has no use for.

I would have travelled back in time and advice your father to _ejaculate on your mother's wrinkled laps if I knew humanity will be burdened by a raving, delusional lunatic who couldn't face the swing of events.

Rejected ape of desperation grin grin grin
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Feb 10, 2016
Nubian113:

Hi do we know each other I'm sorry that your life's abitch but I beg go bark somewhere else. This comment was cowardly and a lil insulting. angry
tell me you arn't enjoying the attention.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Expecting A New Baby , Need Shopping List / My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad / Beautiful Pictures Of A Nairalander And His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.