Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? (40826 Views)

The Question Of Age Difference In Marriage. / What Should Be The Ideal Age Difference Between Intending Couples? / Just For Fun....what Is The Age Difference Between You And Your Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Lezzlie(m): 12:26am On Feb 10, 2016
Sunnypar:

10 years is perfect.
That's what I think. A guy of , say, 35 marries a lady of 25, in the next 10 years, they are both looking the same age.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by harsysky(m): 12:27am On Feb 10, 2016
I didn't go through your long epistle. Trust me questions as this have no answers, but if you ask me I will go with 20 and give my own reasons which are baseless.

Marry who you are compartible with and who makes the family a family and not a mess.

6 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by coolaustyne(m): 12:28am On Feb 10, 2016
for me; 10 years difference is cradle snatching.... Can't just imagine it abeg.
And d looks we seem to b concerned about depends on d woman's morph, personal hygiene and how well she maintains are physique; through proper exercising.
I know lots of them that look far younger than their age: are married, with kids and yet look good & kinda younger than their man. my 3 elder sisters are classical examples.
U no need c their pictures.... lol

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by 9jatatafo(m): 12:51am On Feb 10, 2016
Between 4-8

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Elxandre(m): 1:03am On Feb 10, 2016
Toks2008:
Any age difference that falls within same generation is ok so any age of 20years or less is ok but when you marry outside your generation then there could be issues bothering on ethics,beliefs and outlook..

BTW a generation is about 20 to 25years

These are the things people tell themselves that they them in trouble.

Do you really think a 35 years old woman will be comfortable and utterly contented with a 55-60 years old man?

Generation indeed!

Anything above 10 years, you are asking for trouble!
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Elxandre(m): 1:08am On Feb 10, 2016
OP is not serious though.

Were you out to seek opinion or to impress with your literary skill?

Wasting valuable time trying to vanquish each other online.
Lol.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 1:36am On Feb 10, 2016
tomdon:

extremely temporary!
sign juvenile stage
hahaha
Lol yes yes thats what people tell me but idky I get the feeling this will last. Some people just have different preferences na, it happens.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by piagetskinner(m): 1:37am On Feb 10, 2016
I dunno sef

Let me Get the girl first na
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 2:36am On Feb 10, 2016
Lezzlie:

But what is the difference in ratio to men's death?

How do you tell if he's going to cheat? Further, when a woman is crowding 35 to 50 -- the menopausal realm, depression, self-doubt and failing self-confidence creep in. That's a horrible time for hubby to cheat especially with a younger lady. It matters alot. That's the time for hubby-validation and a lot of rumpled sheet as testimony cheesy

personal, but I think a guy 3/4 years older than you is more likely to be far less equipped with worldly-knowledge and exposure than you. Except his background is far more dissimilar to yours.
I dunno the ratio o, all I know is that it is well observed in science and in just day to day life. Men generally die earlier.

Depression for who? What kind of woman is this? What I'm saying is that a man that will cheat will cheat, you cant tell me that it feels better if he cheats on you when you're 25..... Nah, age doesn't matter. Even if your dude is as old as 75 sef and he married you when you were 19. but the time you hit 30 what if he starts cheating.... All the age gaps in the world can't stop that.
And @bolded I have my ways of knowing grin

I agree that that is usually true, but u know what they say; the heart wants what it wants grin i dont really control what I like, I just like it. It may change sha tho....
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by charlemon: 2:51am On Feb 10, 2016
The age doesn't matter. Age has nothing to do with respect. In respect to most comments here, you can clearly see how NIGERIAN men have totally made the women believe they are tools for them to use. NIGERIAN men have been cheating since time immemorial and most got married to young women. So kindly tell me how the age helped or averted this. The keyword is DISCIPLINE. Most nigerian men do not really care for their women. Instead they stress her with house chores while they watch football with friends and gallivant.....

Personally, I think age mates are the best couples. However, age doesn't matter if both of you genuinely love and have respect for each other. I do not respect people because of their age. If an adult behaves like a child, I treat him or her like one. Most of you will even respect Don jazzy than your 100 years old granny. I have seen a woman give birth and become more beautiful. In fact that used to be the anthem in the past. Women were known to develop more features and beauty after birth but now we are talking bout ageing or becoming ugly after birth. What you believe works for you. If you prefer, marry a man 15 years older than you and later seek solace in your young gateman when he cannot perform again

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by oyinbogirl(f): 3:22am On Feb 10, 2016
Men tend to not take care of themselves the way women do, so dont know if I agree completely about women aging faster. Ive seen some young guys look double their age. Women tend to take a lot more care of themself physically. As for age difference everyone has their own ideal. Sometimes too if a person is right for you , age factor may be overlooked

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 4:03am On Feb 10, 2016
You dey watch them too? Lol. That's what you get when you buy smartphones for kids who are not really smart...

Chidoks:
So a question as simple as this could cause all this unnecessary squabbles and rants.na wa o...
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Luckygurl(f): 4:15am On Feb 10, 2016
AyamBlaze:
Curiousity, I guess!

The two digits add up to a "2"
on multiplying you get a "0"
Go figure it out yourself
and NO I"m ain't married

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by toprealman: 4:15am On Feb 10, 2016
ask Sani Ahmed and ask Sani Ahmed and ask Sani Ahmed and Sanusi
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 4:19am On Feb 10, 2016
Damn, you did that nigga bad...lol

Luckygurl:

The two digits add up to a "2"
on multiplying you get a "0"
Go figure it out yourself
and NO I"m ain't married
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 4:23am On Feb 10, 2016
Na ur type of guy dey make women dey flex on men. If you wan set P, hit her up in the dm....Abegi

AyamBlaze:
Curiousity, I guess!
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by seaga: 5:02am On Feb 10, 2016
Age shouldn't be a barrier to love or marriage, that been said,babysitting should not be an alternative.There isn't a particular age difference, because we individuals are different, some ages faster some doesn't.We as individuals reach intellectual maturity at different age,it is possible you meet a lady mentally fit and matured for marriage than a lady 5 years older.Some people are younger at heart and facially, they can easily date or marry a woman decade apart, without outsiders noticing the age gap. Generally, women tend to be ripe for marriage before men,as such women desire to be married between the ages of 24 and 28, at that age men are still trying to get on their feet, some are still living with their parents, even the ones that are financially buoyant are still not ripe, ideal age for men is in their 30's.I guess that signifies a reasonable age difference should exist

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 5:04am On Feb 10, 2016
lifeisabitch:
maybe if you didn't mention Nubian, is she your e crush? Did he efuck her like he did so many others? Perhaps he did and ur hurting.

Nigerian mentality what? Arent t u Nigerian?

Hi do we know each other I'm sorry that your life's abitch but I beg go bark somewhere else. This comment was cowardly and a lil insulting. angry
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by iamclime(m): 5:06am On Feb 10, 2016
Lezzlie:
Sanctimonious, judgemental and prudish!!! You only commented after I pointed you to your hypocrisy. But take a trip down the paths of my threads in all my monikers. I create topics on all spheres of human experience. Take your condescendence and shove it up your holy ass. I don't need your validation in whatever guise on my authorship.
Redundantly repetitive of the first paragraph of the OP. You have done me the favour of unfollowing my monikers, do grant me another: _fuck out of my hemisphere and quit shadowing me.
OP, WAS THIS REALLY NECESSARY? AFTER THE ERUDITION AND SOPHISTICATION YOU JUST DISPLAYED IN YOUR POST? ONE GOOD QUALITY OF A WRITER IS TO LEARN TO ACCEPT CRITICISM, SARCASM, AND CYNICISM, IN WHATEVER FORM THEY COME!

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by seaga: 5:09am On Feb 10, 2016
Nubian113:

Hi do we know each other I'm sorry that your life's abitch but I beg go bark somewhere else. This comment was cowardly and a lil insulting. angry

Finally she's here, you most be some sort of a lady to ve caused some sort of viking saga on this thread.No offense
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 5:09am On Feb 10, 2016
angry angry angry
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 5:26am On Feb 10, 2016
seaga:

Finally she's here, you most be some sort of a lady to ve caused some sort of viking saga on this thread.No offense

Lalasticlala cry major derailment rules and privacy and... tongue

Its FP worthy but the bs rants ruin it.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by megabyte2(f): 5:35am On Feb 10, 2016
I feel attracted to someone that's 4-5years older than me.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Shakyroh320(f): 5:39am On Feb 10, 2016
God has worked all things Himself.Spousal age gap should not be more than five years considering the fact that men usually die before the women and that the women grow older than the men,as u ve said earlier.The men too should be given thr preveledge to enjoy their stay on earth as a matrimonial man,therefore if both of them cant be of thesame age, the gap should not be more than five years.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by seaga: 5:53am On Feb 10, 2016
Nubian113:

Lalasticlala cry major derailment rules and privacy and... tongue

Its FP worthy but the bs rants ruin it.

Tell me, you must be drop dead gorgeous ...but then I ve to be careful, so they don't come for me grin
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by seaga: 5:59am On Feb 10, 2016
Shakyroh320:
God has worked all things Himself.Spousal age gap should not be more than five years considering the fact that men usually die before the women and that the women grow older than the men,as u ve said earlier.The men too should be given thr preveledge to enjoy their stay on earth as a matrimonial man,therefore if both of them cant be of thesame age, the gap should not be more than five years.

You can't place a limit, it's relative.Besides did you consider menopause, some women attain at 44, so tell me what you expect a 45 or 49 year old man to do, some men even marry at that age.If we want to go by God's work the gap will be more

1 Like

Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by lezz(m): 6:34am On Feb 10, 2016
Nubian113:
When I'm 40 my man will be 27 so you tell me grin women age bad my soft ass ha! Egotistical le.zz at work lipsrsealed
Egotistical? You possibly cannot conceive of me in that fashion.

Why did you call lalastic to my thread? It isn't my fault or that of lifesabitch! Your foppish sleazebag, darkenedmoron,who has been making sheep's eyes at you dragged you into it.

Kindly edit it if it hasn't been quoted.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by Nobody: 6:39am On Feb 10, 2016
lezz:
Egotistical? You possibly cannot conceive of me in that fashion.

Why did you call lalastic to my thread? It isn't my fault or that of lifesabitch! Your foppish sleazebag, darkenedmoron,who has been making sheep's eyes at you dragged you into it.

Kindly edit it if it hasn't been quoted.

It's been quoted...
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by sisisioge: 6:43am On Feb 10, 2016
I'm confused o.

I used to want older guys, dated one that was almost eight Years older. Then , I dated one that was younger, I thought It was 1yrs but found out afterwards that its about 2yrs. Whew, I think age is only numbers...

I think 0-10yrs is fine where the guy is of course, the older.
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by 989900: 7:14am On Feb 10, 2016
BS
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by thespokenword: 7:21am On Feb 10, 2016
Abraham and Sarah are my ideal example-that is 10 years.if you are 23,you are invited
Re: What Is The Ideal Spousal Age Difference? by NemzySeries(m): 7:42am On Feb 10, 2016
men are unwilling to settle dwn maritally, women are more concerned wit d financial security of any man coming close to dem but d truth is dat marriage is a crious business which I'm willing & fully ready once I successfully take ma future wife(dunno her yet) to d alter but 1 tin I'm certain is to play ma part & responsibilities as d man but in terms of age I feel I shd not b more dan 5yrs older........dos of u saying d man must b 7or 10yrs older dunt 4get dat age is not an assurance 4 maturity infact av seen more older mumu men as in real mumu men dat bkom weak & chicken hearted in wateva phase of life D're going tru & I cud as well marry an older lady if shez ready to joins hands wit me & make d our future & dat of our kids to cum a sparkling 1 @least 2 or 3yrs older aint bad provided she respects me as her man & shez ready to do d bedroom yoga grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

My Husband And His Mother!!! / Nigerian Lady Gives Birth To Triplets After 14 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / My Husband Kicked Me Out After A DNA Test Revealed He Wasn’t My Daughter Dad

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.