Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,929 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons (25523 Views)

Sudden One Month Quit Notice: Please We Need Advice On Solution / Two Nigerians In Dublin Fight Their Landlord Who Wanted To Evict Them (Video) / Does My Landlord Has The Right To Ask Me To Quit Without Notice? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by haykay2005: 8:03am On Feb 11, 2016
enygmababe:

Since she is owing rent for a year, she is only entitled to seven (7) days notice of owners intention to recover possession of premises. Once that notice is served, upon expiration or even before expiration, you need to file a process in court to evict her legally. The court will not take it lightly with her that she is in default of rent for that length of time
thank you
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by stellajoseph(f): 8:12am On Feb 11, 2016
Odi egwu o
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by MrDoGood(m): 8:12am On Feb 11, 2016
menix:

Good u paid into his account but next time endeavor to get ur receipts cous he could still deny the payment as ur rent.

Go plead with ur landlord(which in my case I won't do), if he refuses don't fret about it.
When the 1 month elapses, he will certainly come again then tell him u ve not got a place yet nd u need extra 5month to complete the mandatory 6month.

Sure with this he would get where u re driving to, if u like [s]when it's 6month take him court, this will give u another 6month to 1yr free accommodation.
[/s]
Just start making arrangements for funds to move cous the above ain't going to be easy, the landlord will find every way to make ur living there Hell...

One thing most people don't know is when a court gives you quick notice, let's say 6months. You are bound to pay for those months. They ain't free oh.....
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by fromnigeria(m): 8:16am On Feb 11, 2016
missingrib:
eyaah....Pele dear
This all you could say, smh
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Lexusgs430: 8:17am On Feb 11, 2016
sexysegggs:
I rented a house where a friend solicit on my behalf through a woman called mama Mary. My friend met this woman to beg since we heard that the landlady doesn't want single tenant.

The struggle started as to who take bath in the bathroom. She compete with me for the bathroom just like waking up all her four kids as early as 4:00am, taking their bath one after the other for hours. But she and her kids works and school at three buildings distance from our compound. This woman (mama Mary) is a fellow tenant as I do. In fact, just a wall separates my room from hers. There was a time I went to meet her explaining reasons why she need to allow me take my bath first since where I work is far. Surprisingly, my plead finally cause enmity between us.

She finally succeed in helping the landlord to quit me from the room through her lies and others. My rent expired last month and I was called last night that I should quit the room in the next one month. Please what should I do? I'm in state of confusion now and depression. Right now, I couldn't afford to rent another room.

You for just siddon jeje, wake much earlier to bath or use flannel, soap, warm water and bowl.
You see wetin bathroom palaver dey cause?
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by fromnigeria(m): 8:17am On Feb 11, 2016
Cutehector:
Face me I punch u
How does this provide a solution. Smh

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by missKiffy(f): 8:22am On Feb 11, 2016
opalu:
6 months is the standard. I have some guy and his family living free in my duplex for the past 5 months now. Because he has a lawyer friend advising him. I do not like involving my company lawyers because they are like wounded ' Tigreses'. So I just want them to pack out at the fulness of time at least for the sake of their children (I love children). But the parents are too proud and obstinate.

I advise you to use wisdom mixed with humility except you don't dream of owning houses that people will live in some years from now
Were they paying rent yearly? Cos a lot of pple are getting it wrong, you only give six months notice wen the person pay rent yearly as in, the person pays for a year, if he pays rent every six months then he is only entitled to 3 months notice, if the rent is paid monthly, one month notice. The notices go hand in hand with the duration d tenant pays for, it's not in every case they are entitled to 6 months notice.
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Dinocarex(m): 8:22am On Feb 11, 2016
menix:

Then litigation will settle us..
Best of Luck with that
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by amzy4real(f): 8:31am On Feb 11, 2016
Quit nah u can't do anything but beg d man if he refuses den pack out to avoid further problems. Pastor ekwuzzy
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by AreaFada2: 8:46am On Feb 11, 2016
TOEZOFFICIAL:

lmfao...make sure no stays n ur house for 3months without paying rent. Most Nigerians ain't worth the stress...They take your kindness and weakness. I manage more close to a hundred flats, I talk frm experience. Try and notify d person 2months before his rent expires...if he no serious, gv erm extra one month atleast.
You know when something involves church relatives attend, e get as e be. Going many kilometres all the way to see dad and begging with my neighbours of over 10 years made it more difficult. You know those people that you cannot refuse things easily. Chronic debtors are very shameless and crafty people. grin cheesy
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Nobody: 8:48am On Feb 11, 2016
sexysegggs:

But we are just four tenants
. You wouldn't have replied dear,I pray you get a better accomodation.
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by MyMentor: 9:06am On Feb 11, 2016
My bro,
dis is wot d law said;
1. Yearly tenant wil b given 6 month notice.
2. 6mnth tenant, 3mnth notice.
3. Quaterly tenant, 3mnths.
4. Monthly tenant 1month.
So, u legaly hv 3mnth if u can prove ur last payment.
If she refused, meet government Lawyer without or little cost (depending on d person u met) at near-by L.g.a.
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by mrkings84(m): 9:17am On Feb 11, 2016
My dear, get another apartment as fast as possible to avoid been hunted by that ur witchy landlord. They are everywhere. Recently my landlord brought a notice that we were gonna pay for phcn bill, which is normal. There was no specific time for d payment, last week I just returned from work only to find out that I didn't have light. I checked around, change switch etc nothing worked, later that night my younger one told me she found that it's d landlord that disconnected my light. So i phoned him in d morning to find out what went wrong, it was then he told me that since I didn't respond for the bill that he went and paid so it's phcn that disconnected me. I wasn't happy with him tho cos he didn't remind me of that bill after the first awareness. Later that evening I went and we sorted out things, I paid him my quota and he asked me to go and connect my light back.
the reason I brought this story is, on getting to d ceiling, men, i discovered that all the electric wiring in my apartment were disconnected, as in the wires were cut in pieces. I will not only need an electrician but i have to buy new wires to rewire. Can u see how some landlords are? Wickedness is in their blood. Dear, run for ur dear life!
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by temmybuhnmy(f): 9:30am On Feb 11, 2016
Face me I face u
A place full of hatred backbiting
Jealousy
Dear sowie
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Jefhans: 9:39am On Feb 11, 2016
sexysegggs:

Thanks, I will start making preparation even in three to four months time.

You have to go and plead with your landlady because you paid 3 month rent and that means you are a monthly tenant and if she know the law well she suppose to give you 7 days and not 1 month. If you had paid a year then your notice would have been 6 month notice. Please move fast.
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by ronaldbecky(m): 10:23am On Feb 11, 2016
sexysegggs:

Yes, I packed in there not up to two years now. My first rent receipt expired last year October. I paid him three months after my first rent expired but no receipt for this. This three months rent was paid in his account.
sorry,there is noting u can do.no receipt
u are no choice,either u beg her or look out for some place
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 11, 2016
God punish poverty. If you were rich enough to build your own house, would you have witness this sort of embarrassment?

This is why i always pray God should favour me big time. Once that happens, my dear, na to build my own house sure pass.
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by vickylala239: 11:46am On Feb 11, 2016
menix:

Good u paid into his account but next time endeavor to get ur receipts cous he could still deny the payment as ur rent.

Go plead with ur landlord(which in my case I won't do), if he refuses don't fret about it.
When the 1 month elapses, he will certainly come again then tell him u ve not got a place yet nd u need extra 5month to complete the mandatory 6month.

Sure with this he would get where u re driving to, if u like when it's 6month take him court, this will give u another 6month to 1yr free accommodation.

Just start making arrangements for funds to move cous the above ain't going to be easy, the landlord will find every way to make ur living there Hell...

U Ppl shuld stop giving wrong advice...

Who told u if they gv u 6mnths notice that ur suppose to stay free without paying..

The guy Jst said he paid 3mnths n had no receipts.....

Lik u Dnt knw Dat he has no prove of yearly tenant...

Someone said he Dnt Hv money ur now telling him abt lawyer...do they get lawyers for free...

The money he shuld Hv used for lawyer...Why not use it to get anoda house....

U guys shuld stop bad advice....like u Dnt knw mst landlord nw use juju to remove tenants,, as court delay alot.....

Dnt advice tenants to Hv issues wit landlords....Cuz d landlord use his supposed flexing money to build house....while other use their money to flex...

Incase u Dnt knw d landlord has right to gv u notice to pack out..Evn if u paid that same the....

As a yearly tenant if u break by paying 3mnths..u r entitled to one month notice.....

I knw of a house that d landlord use juju to remove all this tenant...worms was seen everywhere in the house..pot ohh everywhere....

Many landlord do diz.....

Is very bad for someone to use his sweat and build house for a living only for tenant..to b heartless.... the house is not ur own the landlord has every right to get rid of u...some Ppl complain of bad landlord...Yes There are...Why not gv urself tym n pack out....

I Hv live as a tenant in many areas...1st I cnt live with landlord in the same compound rule one....

Two I check gate closing and opening procedures.

If d landlord Dnt Lik visitors I cnt say There...

No water I Dnt stay..water control by landlord Nt tenant I Dnt stay...

Nepa bill collected by landlord I Dnt stay..... etc..

U mst Hv standard before u pack in n pay...

U cnt stay in face mi I kill u..and complain of some issues..

If d woman Lik he said wakes by 4am to bath..y cnt he wake by 2,3am.....it u get anoda place....

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by cosmicrayboi(m): 11:57am On Feb 11, 2016
park comot nah, abi u build house for baba?? abi u never tyr to Bleep yetunde her first daughter, baba just leave you, nw na her second daughter way she send school way cm bk I.T. brother abeg find anoda place.

if i be baba, to give u quit notice small..cheesy
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by menix(m): 2:01pm On Feb 11, 2016
vickylala239:

U Ppl shuld stop giving wrong advice...

Who told u if they gv u 6mnths notice that ur suppose to stay free without paying..

The guy Jst said he paid 3mnths n had no receipts.....

Lik u Dnt knw Dat he has no prove of yearly tenant...

Someone said he Dnt Hv money ur now telling him abt lawyer...do they get lawyers for free...

The money he shuld Hv used for lawyer...Why not use it to get anoda house....

U guys shuld stop bad advice....like u Dnt knw mst landlord nw use juju to remove tenants,, as court delay alot.....

Dnt advice tenants to Hv issues wit landlords....Cuz d landlord use his supposed flexing money to build house....while other use their money to flex...

Incase u Dnt knw d landlord has right to gv u notice to pack out..Evn if u paid that same the....

As a yearly tenant if u break by paying 3mnths..u r entitled to one month notice.....

I knw of a house that d landlord use juju to remove all this tenant...worms was seen everywhere in the house..pot ohh everywhere....

Many landlord do diz.....

Is very bad for someone to use his sweat and build house for a living only for tenant..to b heartless.... the house is not ur own the landlord has every right to get rid of u...some Ppl complain of bad landlord...Yes There are...Why not gv urself tym n pack out....

I Hv live as a tenant in many areas...1st I cnt live with landlord in the same compound rule one....

Two I check gate closing and opening procedures.

If d landlord Dnt Lik visitors I cnt say There...

No water I Dnt stay..water control by landlord Nt tenant I Dnt stay...

Nepa bill collected by landlord I Dnt stay..... etc..

U mst Hv standard before u pack in n pay...

U cnt stay in face mi I kill u..and complain of some issues..

If d woman Lik he said wakes by 4am to bath..y cnt he wake by 2,3am.....it u get anoda place....

Can u summarize the above, hate reading novel.
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by sexysegggs: 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
ronaldbecky:
sorry,there is noting u can do.no receipt
u are no choice,either u beg her or look out for some place

There is receipt I paid before this recent three months payment.
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by sexysegggs: 5:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
Unikbeau:
. You wouldn't have replied dear,I pray you get a better accomodation.
Is staying in face you and face me crime? Saying it's four means the house was built like a flat. Two tenants to one toilet and bathroom. I should pretend that I'm staying in flat?
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Rixy007(m): 8:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
menix:

My friend, did u read what u wrote

Ur grammar alone is a quit notice.
nd I couldn't find wat was wrong.. Just a nigga wit a little guilt nd nothing reasonable to say...
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by lonzo(m): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
Hello House, Sorry for derailing but I need urgent advice

My mother just informed of one of her tenants who has refused to pay his last year rent. When he moved in 2014 he didn't complete his rent, he owed 30k and the rent of 2015 he hasn't paid which made his total rent owed to be 280k as at now. The Major issue now is the 2015 rent is due March and by April he is suppose to pay for 2016. And she explained to me that this man has made no attempt to pay. She has spoken with him and sent letters or reminder. Mind you my Mother said she was considering the man's plight as a family man . Please should she serve the Quit notice to this tenant. And the 6months Notice I want to ask is it free or the tenant pays for the 6months used. Please advice as she wants me to come and intervene. I really don't know much on Property/Tenancy issues.

Await your replies.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by Nobody: 10:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
sexysegggs:

Is staying in face you and face me crime? Saying it's four means the house was built like a flat. Two tenants to one toilet and bathroom. I should pretend that I'm staying in flat?
My gosh! The more reason I stated that,no offense meant.
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by lonzo(m): 1:16am On Feb 12, 2016
lonzo:

My mother just informed of one of her tenants who has refused to pay his last year rent. When he moved in 2014 he didn't complete his rent, he owed 30k and the rent of 2015 he hasn't paid which made his total rent owed to be 280k as at now. The Major issue now is the 2015 rent is due March and by April he is suppose to pay for 2016. And she explained to me that this man has made no attempt to pay. She has spoken with him and sent letters or reminder. Mind you my Mother said she was considering the man's plight as a family man . Please should she serve the Quit notice to this tenant. And the 6months Notice I want to ask is it free or the tenant pays for the 6months used. Please advice as she wants me to come and intervene. I really don't know much on Property/Tenancy issues.

Await your replies.

Thanks
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by missingrib(f): 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2016
fromnigeria:
This all you could say, smh
abeg which one be your own ...
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by sexysegggs: 10:52am On Feb 13, 2016
Thanks everyone! I am happy that I'm member of nairaland family. I appreciate your advice. Your points was wisely selected.

I went to meet the lady to ask what I did to her. She said mama Mary told her I don't do something in the compound. I told her that these things are lies against me. I gave her evidence and witnesses in the compound. Thereafter, I begged her and knelt down close to 1 hour begging her to take back her quit notice. She finally agreed to my plight but said I should write LETTER OF UNDERTAKEN. What did I do wrong that will be in the content of the letter? Just thinking how to write this letter!!!
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by enygmababe: 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
lol at letter of undertaking.

sexysegggs:
Thanks everyone! I am happy that I'm member of nairaland family. I appreciate your advice. Your points was wisely selected.
I went to meet the lady to ask what I did to her. She said mama Mary told her I don't do something in the compound. I told her that these things are lies against me. I gave her evidence and witnesses in the compound. Thereafter, I begged her and knelt down close to 1 hour begging her to take back her quit notice. She finally agreed to my plight but said I should write LETTER OF UNDERTAKEN. What did I do wrong that will be in the content of the letter? Just thinking how to write this letter!!!

Just pledge to be a good tenant, respect and honor your landlord/landlady (this will make her head swell up) and promise to keep your surroundings neat in keeping with the tenents of tenancy in Lagos state. Biko please do not pledge to pay your rent on any particular day. the undertaking is actually unenforceable but what the heck...you get a breather.

lonzo:
Await your replies.
Thanks

Such a tenant is only entitled to seven (7) days notice of Owners Intention to Recover Premises. Look for the nearest Area Customary Court and meet the registrar, they will draft a claim in your mothers name summoning the tenant to court. They can also help you with that notice before the claim. Your mother is entitled to be paid all of her unpaid rent. when a notice is served whether for six (6) months or even one year, the tenant MUST still pay the rent due within the period of the notice.
Re: Help!!! Landlord Gave Me A Month Quit without reasons by dapmovement0215: 9:25pm On Jul 17, 2016
Cheap 1 Bedroom Apartment and 2 bedroom apartment to Rent in Maitama Abuja.
With Kitchen, Toilet & Security.
1 bedroom Flat N1 million
2 bedroom Flat N2 million

All prices are negotiable.

Contant Opaque Homes for viewing.
Email: Opaquemulticoncept@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Construction Of Luxurious 4 Bedroom Raised Bungalow (with Pictures) / Premium Lifestyle Loewe: Best Of German Electronics Now In Victoria Island Lagos / Ibadan Building Collapse: Evacuation Underway As Victims Are Been Rescued

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.