Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:31 PM

Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard (39799 Views)

BREAKING!!! More Photos Of IPOB Members Shot Dead In Ekwulobia (happening Now) / Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net. PICTURES. / Share/Tsaragi clash: 4 feared killed,30 injured,50 houses burnt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by godoluwa(m): 7:32am On Feb 10, 2016
iroh88, i want you to come & tell us that vanguard is a liar too.
Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 10, 2016
BiafranPrince:
10 pro-Biafra protesters ‘die’ in Aba

We won’t be cowed by killing’

Ten persons were killed and another 20 injured in yesterday’s protest by the Independent People of Biafra (IPOB) in Aba, Abia State, when the security agencies fired at protesters.

Unconfirmed reports said over 30 members are receiving treatment in various hospitals in the city while another 20 are in detention.

A source said the protesters gathered at Ibo National High School for prayers before their plan was aborted. “In the morning, we gathered at Ibo National High School for prayers and address by the Aba coordinator

“While the prayers were on, we noticed police patrol vans and because we locked the gate, they could not enter. They attempted to scale the fence, but could not. Shortly after, soldiers came in Hilux vans and scaled the fence.

“When they entered, they asked for our coordinator but we resisted them. The next thing we heard was gunshot. I can’t say how many died because there was a stampede as people tried to escape.”

He added that no amount of killings or intimidation would discourage the group from pursuing its cause as the protest would continue on Friday.

Commissioner of Police Joshak Habila could not be reached for comments.

Police spokesman Ezekiel Udeviotu Onyeke was also yet to comment as at press time.

Spokesman of the Ohafia 14 Brigade Army, Major Mbaneme Sidney could also not be reached but a source at the 144 Battalion at Ukwa West denied the allegation that soldiers shot the protesters. He said the arrested members had been handed over to the police for further investigation.

http://thenationonlineng.net/10-dead-20-injured-in-pro-biafra-protest/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

you are forgetting pressing issues and trying to distract with a baseless plan that is totally unrealistic and at best a beer palour strategists dream?
You guys are giving all Igbos a bad name!! honestly i wish every one of you can just be disappear so the rest of us and focus on repairing this damaged country.
You are a disgrace to all Igbos everywhere, you and your drunkard leader

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by Sunnypa11(m): 7:33am On Feb 10, 2016
Selfishness kills just like lagoon
Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by ElFenomeno1: 7:34am On Feb 10, 2016
Smh. IPOB members can't just get into their thick thickum skulls!
Nigeria won't tolerate Biafra. It is dead and gone, anyone waving or trying to bring back Biafra will be crushed and blown into smithereens
Be warned!

5 Likes

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:35am On Feb 10, 2016
This IPod members are comedians. They call their protest a mother of protest and they are blaming police for the killings because their leader emphasized it were going to be peaceful.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by lastmessenger: 7:35am On Feb 10, 2016
Killed because they were about to protest. I dont blame KANU. This place is a real jungle without the respect for rule of law
Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by Ijaya123: 7:35am On Feb 10, 2016
What with all these senseless protest that will not achieve anything. While the sensible ones are in Abuja showcasing their made in aba products, the senseless are engaged in a useless protest. Kanu will be dealt with and nothing will happen.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by Greg2015(m): 7:36am On Feb 10, 2016
More Lord
Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by Holyman3(m): 7:37am On Feb 10, 2016
Freedom is never free.
Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by Nobody: 7:37am On Feb 10, 2016
my people perish for lack of understanding cry

God help us

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by bennywise30(m): 7:38am On Feb 10, 2016
franchizy:
Im igbo and i support this action of the military and police.
We the well meaning igbos will never support the Biafra agitation.
we remain Nigerians forever.
your not an igbo person,go and ask your mother who your father is because no full blood igbo person will support the killing of his brothers no matter what,igbo dont wash their hands in public, blood is thicker then water, your from the north ewu

9 Likes

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by BaddieKay(f): 7:39am On Feb 10, 2016
Believe me that's exactly what they want.
fillmeup200:

They will soon make those harmless protesters to start carrying guns. When that happens, the whole situation will become difficult to manage. Nigerian government has never been wise...

1 Like

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by cocu25(m): 7:40am On Feb 10, 2016
franchizy:
Hmmm. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by fisaylab: 7:41am On Feb 10, 2016
Stupid statement,they were in prayer session,to whose gods.stay there dey fool ur people dey go.

1 Like

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by godoluwa(m): 7:41am On Feb 10, 2016
ajayi01ibrahim:

Mayb you re igbo or not.
You don't have any justification for taking innocent lives.Am Yoruba and I don't give a shit about IPOB or MASSOB I don't care at all.But I care about the future of certain young guys who happen to be frm that region and you all shld reason with me too ,the ones least talked about are the most endangered here.
God bless

1 Like

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by tonynickson(m): 7:42am On Feb 10, 2016
franchizy:
you are not a real igboman. Ur utterance above is Wrong what if any of ur siblings are mistakenly shot in the process Get to think aright

4 Likes

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by BayLord01(m): 7:43am On Feb 10, 2016
BiafranPrince:

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/biafra-6-ipob-members-shot-dead-in-aba-30-injured-45-in-police-net/
Peaceful protest that will blocked Nigeria road for hours, but the security are very wrong for shoooting unarmed men. Wake up Nigerians and fight injustice.
Rip to Ipob members killed
Lesson to others
Its One Nigeria.
Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by Edijana2015(m): 7:44am On Feb 10, 2016
I wonder what this people are thinking, you guys are agitating for biafra republic I don't know if you guys have sat down to answer these questions.

1. Do we have the resources to sustain everyone that will migrate back home?

2. Can we accommodate all of them?

3. Do we have enough jobs for them?

4. Why are the poor dieing and the rich are not?

5. Do we have food reserve that can sustain everyone?

6. Are they measures in place before agitating for biafra republic?

7. If we should win this battle, are we going to live well in peace?

8. Please feel free to add yours

Please you guys should know that it is not wise to go to a war when victory is sure.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by jstriker442(m): 7:44am On Feb 10, 2016
franchizy:
The military should please shoot on sight next. time. more death will be appreviated and celebrated.
can u hear ur heart ??
Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by Justinah4real(f): 7:45am On Feb 10, 2016
omogin:
Killing biafrans, buharis best hobby
what right do they have to harass them.can this be happenin in this twitter age. All this bc of Oil.
Re: Biafra: 6 IPOB Members Shot Dead In Aba, 30 Injured, 45 In Police Net - Vanguard by danot1030: 7:45am On Feb 10, 2016
Mumu IPOB youth wasting their lives over unrealistic ambition.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Edo Governorship Election: Unofficial Results - Vanguard / Sit-At-Home: Armed Autopiloters Threaten Residents Of Anambra This Evening / 2023: Atiku Considers Ihedioha As Running Mate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.