Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? (51167 Views)

My Boss' Relationship With A Co-Worker Is Affecting Our Productivity / I Caught My Boss Pants Down With The Organization's Secretary / I Got This For Asking My Boss My February Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by 2scorehigh(m): 6:47am On Feb 12, 2016
OP, please don't listen to them. This is how so many people end up in effed up and loveless marriages because they think relationship is all about physical attraction and material gains.

The fact is that our brains know more than we think. On the subconscious level, when there's no attraction; there's no attraction. And there's nothing you can do about that! You might try to justify or rationalize it as much as you can but the truth will always stare you in the face.

You don't need to say it but I think the feeling of being trapped financially and emotionally—forever—cannot be compared to the material gains whatsoever therein and you already know this, hence your doubts.

My advice for you: follow your heart.

2 Likes

Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by umehmj(m): 7:13am On Feb 12, 2016
Blackheritage:
Bro na ladies give 81 likes no be men....
ok noted
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by uzolexis(f): 7:16am On Feb 12, 2016
Shame on all the guys advising him to go ahead and marry her even when he says he doesnt love her. These are the same guys that would call girls gold digger if the roles were reversed. Big shame and that is over 90% of guys that commented on this thread.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by Nicepoker(m): 7:23am On Feb 12, 2016
Cutehector:
Chei.. shocked why do people like to dull in dis life na
he said he is not in love with her. Gold digger
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by Cutehector(m): 7:25am On Feb 12, 2016
Nicepoker:
he said he is not in love with her. Gold digger
go and sit down

1 Like

Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by Nicepoker(m): 7:45am On Feb 12, 2016
Cutehector:
go and sit down
if it's u I know u won't think twice. Tomorrow ur post will make FP on how u were mislead by ur boss.
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by gbogboija: 8:41am On Feb 12, 2016
Try to know what your boss has in his mind. Be ready to quit the job if you're not interested in the lady. Remeber, no pain no gain.
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by zheroes(m): 9:09am On Feb 12, 2016
I don't know whether to say am dissapointed at most peoples responses, but it goes to show how poverty has eaten deep into our mentality. People still don't know that all that glitters isn't really gold.
If truly what you said is true that you don't love her then I see absolutely no reason why the boss will be carrying face after all you have a life of your own!!!

Then another issue is this should you follow the advice of the many gold diggers I see here chances are that you will become a puppet in no time. You won't have a life and a voice of your own. Am not saying if you love her you can't go after her and have a great marriage but I already smell problem if you do, do you know what it means when someone feels he provides your daily bread? You dare not Bleep up!! , and fucking up is in the life of a man, so in the end you will still be denied the bread.

My advice: if you love her enough to be your wife go ahead, and work towards working in another company unless its a bluechip, and if you are not in love please don't smell what you don't intend to eat, be a responsible man, and protect the relationship you have with your boss, there are so many guys out there.

3 Likes

Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by Nobody: 9:12am On Feb 12, 2016
Kekazu abeg call me 08078992647 I need your type as friend
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by snthesis(m): 9:18am On Feb 12, 2016
kekakuz:
Some 7 months ago I was transfered to our directors office and my life changed for the better. I noticed my boss is very friendly especially towards me and trust me with key responsibilities. He gives me audience during board meetings which am not even qualified to attend. He recently approved an official car for me of which is not meant for staff on my grade level. Over time. I got used to him and I did not know how I unconsciously called him daddy. He smiled and kept his cool. We hang out a lot and he advices me on investment and wealth. Something g I cherish and put to good use.
2 weeks ago he said we need to go pick his daughter from the airport. He dropped his car and I carried him to the airport.
I meet his gorgeous daughter and the meeting was electric.
For the next week he directed me to take her around town shopping and saloon. I asked of my office duties and he said someone else has been assigned to cover for me.
We shop and club regularly but problem arises whenever I told her am going home. She wants me to always be around and am avoiding such offers to avoid doing anything g that will spoil my relationship with her father.
I resume work and the father has began to ignoring me and avoid me, when I ask him what the problem was he reply that
I make him unhappy because am avoiding his daughter.
Then I got the message clear. Now am confused because the girl sweet and cuddly but am not in love with her but her father who is my hero wants us together.
Friends what would you rather me do?
dis dude writes like me grin grin grin
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by fxstory(m): 9:53am On Feb 12, 2016
mmmmm
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by Kenturkey048(m): 10:30am On Feb 12, 2016
ronald4lif:

Lol. Dude is presently experiencing oneirism. He would soon wake up to reality. Akuko iwo.
Oneirism
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by Kenturkey048(m): 10:46am On Feb 12, 2016
CaptPlanet:
Tfuck u mean by "what should u do?"

ummm, resign, sell your stuff and move to swaziland. I hope u take my advice. undecided
Funny u.
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by ancashy(f): 10:55am On Feb 12, 2016
Spend more time with her in order to keep ur job at least for now, only that you spend time with her in the company of your friends or other people.Who knows she might end up loving some one else and thanking you later.
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by Koinzino(m): 11:14am On Feb 12, 2016
look, I know its a rare opportunity to grab.. another thing u would have to consider is the family background of yr boss.. u can only know much about the family background through the young lady... try to know her blood group, genotype and see if there any ailment they re suffering from. if none of these are there, u can go ahead with the relationship ... sometimes its not all about the money... u have to weigh the situations from both side... and try to make yr boss happy in any way u can... u can also be like Ghost in the Power series...
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by olubl: 11:44am On Feb 12, 2016
bro my advice to you is that just keep on wit d girl.nd try to pray over it cus God is the final decision.there is nothing God cannot do.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by omotonyx(f): 12:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
Oga u get problem o. U dnt love her, what do u know about love. U want d girl dat u'll die for?

2 Likes

Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by classicdude1(m): 12:45pm On Feb 12, 2016
noblemails:
As soon as that girl hooks up to another guy, just expect your sack letter the next day. Marrying his only daughter is part of the investments and wealth he preaches to you.

I concur
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by chachanga: 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
"JOHN BULL MY SON
I SENT YOU TO SCHOOL
YOU DONT KNOW HOW TO SPELL YOUR NAME angry"

OP, u be real mumu, walahi!

Haven't you ever heard of the saying that
"some men are born great,
some men achieve greatness,
while some other men have greatness "thrust" upon them wink"

You better marry ur oga's daughter and start "thrusting" your way to utopia grin!
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by abimbawealth(f): 1:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
kunle75:

i pity your next place of duty work place cos by the time you are transfered you will come back and tell us how suffer head don catch u......Eni iya ni e
Eni iya ke....lmao cheesy
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by exentric(m): 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2016
Cutehector:
Chei.. shocked why do people like to dull in dis life na
help me and see oh grin grin grin grin
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by Nobody: 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
kekakuz:
Some 7 months ago I was transfered to our directors office and my life changed for the better. I noticed my boss is very friendly especially towards me and trust me with key responsibilities. He gives me audience during board meetings which am not even qualified to attend. He recently approved an official car for me of which is not meant for staff on my grade level. Over time. I got used to him and I did not know how I unconsciously called him daddy. He smiled and kept his cool. We hang out a lot and he advices me on investment and wealth. Something g I cherish and put to good use.
2 weeks ago he said we need to go pick his daughter from the airport. He dropped his car and I carried him to the airport.
I meet his gorgeous daughter and the meeting was electric.
For the next week he directed me to take her around town shopping and saloon. I asked of my office duties and he said someone else has been assigned to cover for me.
We shop and club regularly but problem arises whenever I told her am going home. She wants me to always be around and am avoiding such offers to avoid doing anything g that will spoil my relationship with her father.
I resume work and the father has began to ignoring me and avoid me, when I ask him what the problem was he reply that
I make him unhappy because am avoiding his daughter.
Then I got the message clear. Now am confused because the girl sweet and cuddly but am not in love with her but her father who is my hero wants us together.
Friends what would you rather me do?

You bloody liar
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by charlsoo1(m): 11:40pm On Feb 12, 2016
Stories for the gods! Your brain need cleansingshocked grin

Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by isalegan2: 10:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
merxi55:
dearie dont go for wealth,it can vanish,dont go for looks,it fades, go for someone you love and follow your heart,cos at the end its about you not them. your ego is more important,tomorrow you'll be priced low. use your head!

What does this mean? Seriously, it goes one way and then another. Ego? Priced low? undecided No offense!
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by isalegan2: 10:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
smithsydny:
if thunder no fire ehhhhh Idiot op.. gerarahere menh fool forever

grin cheesy grin LOL. Boys are not smiling oh! It seems like sufferhead and record-level unemployment has cynicalised many Naija folks. Only some of the female, and a few of the male, monikers seem to be advising against following the "easy money" with the potential father-in-law.

From the First-to-Comment, thread is humourous, but I think the guy knows what he wants and doesn't want. At least, he THINKS he does. Come back in 2 years time, OP. Grazie! grin

Goldenboy007:
Mr Nollywoood , as at Jan 23, 2016 you were unemployed and wanted to go for a marketing job interview(your previous post). So when did you get the fantastic job you are talking about ? Except you wanna prove to us how there are 7 months between Jan 23 and Feb

shocked shocked shocked cheesy
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 14, 2016
isalegan2:

grin cheesy grin LOL. Boys are not smiling oh! It seems like sufferhead and record-level unemployment has cynicalised many Naija folks. Only some of the female, and a few of the male, monikers seem to be advising against following the "easy money" with the potential father-in-law.

From the First-to-Comment, thread is humourous, but I think the guy knows what he wants and doesn't want. At least, he THINKS he does. Come back in 2 years time, OP. Grazie! grin

shocked shocked shocked cheesy
my broda God know as e dey Bois. as time goes on I will get to know her in two weeks she would have shown her true colour
Re: Is My Boss Forcing Me To Marry His Only Daughter? by yongg: 2:15pm On Feb 14, 2016
hashtag goldplater

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mass Sack In Ecobank, Sacked Workers Protest (Photos) / Fidelity Bank, Best Bank To Work For In Nigeria – Survey / Gal Pissetzky: 5 Things To Know About Hushpuppi's Lawyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.