Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,481 members, 7,816,135 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Rejecting Valentine Gifts - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Rejecting Valentine Gifts (2058 Views)

Secondary School Students Buying Valentine Gifts At A Shop (Photo) / Man Kills Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Offer After Training Her In Uni / Nigerian Guy Shares N*ked Photos Of His Girlfriend For Rejecting His Marriage Pr (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 8:24pm On Feb 11, 2016
I and some girls who ushered in a wedding last Saturday became good friends, and as val is coming we decided to get each other gifts, since val is not only for lovers.
I had just been paid for a work I did, so I thought why not, since I have the money now.
On Tuesday, we wrote our names in piece of papers, folded them and shuffled, then we all picked one each. we're supposed to buy gifts for the person we pick.
I picked this girl, and she told me dat she'll be traveling on Saturday or Sunday, so I decided to give her a gift bfor she travels.

I bought dark red gladiator heels worth N3300, and an eye shadow palette for N900. I packaged it beautifully.

Fast forward to today, I met up with her to give her the gift. But I was disappointed to see the disgust on her face when she opened it.
She said "ermm they are fine o, its just that I don't really like red, and gladiators aren't exactly my thing. I only use matte eye shadow"
I was shocked, buh kept my cool, and all I could think abt in my mind was BITCHHH angry

I just smiled and told her no problem. she asked if I'm angry, and I told her no, I mean, why should I be angry?
I left and decided to give them to my cousin.

My question now is... Is it right or wrong to reject a gift given to u on val? I spent a lot on that. if I had known she was gonna act that way, I wouldn't av spent that money. angry

lalasticlala, farano, ishilove
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by zyzxx(m): 8:32pm On Feb 11, 2016
That attitude is bad from my own side
There is a special way she can do reject it
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Eyepencil: 8:32pm On Feb 11, 2016

You should be happy she didn't give you a hot slap. You're too accustom in buying cheap things.
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 8:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
MCHEEW NONSENSE CRAP, JUST 4K AND URE CRYING U SPENT A LOT, MCHEEW SHE SHOULD HAVE THREW IT BACK AT U. "TEAM FOREIGN LADIES

1 Like

Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by bukason212(m): 8:35pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sorry
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 8:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
grin
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 8:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
estharfabian Wats ur take on dis...,.if I was a girl I would think u are a lez ....am not saying u are one o #thots
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
Eyaaa! Kpele, so you have no boyfriend after all. cry
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Tallesty1(m): 8:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
Maybe she knows you here, and y'know, no lady that knows you here will like to be your friend because you will surely snatch her man.

Even your moniker sef no be am.
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Tallesty1(m): 9:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
rawswag:
estharfabian Wats ur take on dis...,.if I was a girl I would think u are a lez ....am not saying u are one o #thots
It is ok to crush on people but please take it slow.
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 11, 2016
zyzxx:
That attitude is bad from my own side There is a special way she can do reject it
thank you

1 Like

Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
brandnew3:
Eyaaa! Kpele, so you have no boyfriend after all. cry

wat does boyfriend have to do with this pls
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 9:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
saintloveren:
MCHEEW NONSENSE CRAP, JUST 4K AND URE CRYING U SPENT A LOT, MCHEEW SHE SHOULD HAVE THREW IT BACK AT U. "TEAM FOREIGN LADIES

*thrown not threw, oga undecided

a gift is a gift, whether it be expensive or cheap. instead of u to accept it with love, u are checking the price.
not cool undecided

1 Like

Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 9:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
Pinshure of d red gladiator heel,i wanna buy it!!i will rock it on val day cheesy
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by chigoizie7(m): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
EroticAngelina:
I and some girls who ushered in a wedding last Saturday became good friends, and as val is coming we decided to get each other gifts, since val is not only for lovers.
I had just been paid for a work I did, so I thought why not, since I have the money now.
On Tuesday, we wrote our names in piece of papers, folded them and shuffled, then we all picked one each. we're supposed to buy gifts for the person we pick.
I picked this girl, and she told me dat she'll be traveling on Saturday or Sunday, so I decided to give her a gift bfor she travels.

I bought dark red gladiator heels worth N3300, and an eye shadow palette for N900. I packaged it beautifully.

Fast forward to today, I met up with her to give her the gift. But I was disappointed to see the disgust on her face when she opened it.
She said "ermm they are fine o, its just that I don't really like red, and gladiators aren't exactly my thing. I only use matte eye shadow"
I was shocked, buh kept my cool, and all I could think abt in my mind was BITCHHH angry

I just smiled and told her no problem. she asked if I'm angry, and I told her no, I mean, why should I be angry?

My question now is... Is it right or wrong to reject a gift given to u on val? I spent a lot on that. if I had known she was gonna act that way, I wouldn't av spent that money. angry

@least u now know how it feels when ur bf buys "plastic flowers" for you on vals day and u frown
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 11, 2016
Tallesty1:
Maybe she knows you here, and y'know, no lady that knows you here will like to be your friend because you will surely snatch her man.

Even your moniker sef no be am.

Still, she shouldnt have rejected it that way.
wat I usually do if I receive a val gift I don't want or like, is to accept it and give it out as val gift to someone else, sell it or dash them out. not to flat out reject it, well, except its a bomb.
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by chimerase2: 9:37pm On Feb 11, 2016
Morale lesson undecided
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Tallesty1(m): 9:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
EroticAngelina:

Still, she shouldnt have rejected it that way.
wat I usually do if I receive a val gift I don't want or like, is to accept it and give it out as val gift to someone else, sell it or dash them out. not to flat out reject it, well, except its a bomb.
Yea, that's true but you shouldn't let it get to you, ok? Just 4get it.

She could be one of those people with terrible manners so cheer up and let it go, don't allow her to soil your val for you, Feb 14th is almost here.
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by marvelous000: 10:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
chimerase2:
Morale lesson undecided
[size=13pt]
Moral lesson you say?

Ok, here is the moral lesson; no matter how unimportant or irrelevant a gift is to you. Never show ungratefulness or make demeaning remark about the gift before the giver, cos you don't know what the person went through to get the gift or if he/she is boxed up or not.

As a dude, If you happen to have such a babe and she exibit such gold digging trait. the only apt thing to do is show her the exist door to fvck off for good.

I remember one period I wanted to give an uncle a gift.
After thinking and soliciting for advice on what to give to him, cos he is already boxed up and nothing I can buy for him that he can't get.
I decided to get him a canvas for his road walk. To my surprise, he appreciated it lyk I bought him a car. That's how non-crass peeps appreciate gift, even tho they may not be pleased with the gift.
[/size]
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
Tallesty1:
I can say with all confidence my ass has been exposed like that of a chicken in a wilderness wind storm ..........am I pardoned now cc:estharfabian
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by ovokonado(m): 10:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
EroticAngelina:

*thrown not threw, oga undecided

a gift is a gift, whether it be expensive or cheap. instead of u to accept it with love, u are checking the price.
not cool undecided
threw? Lol. The way some of u THREW English here on NL ehn
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
rawswag:
Lol!grin

I don't know what to say o!lipsrsealed
And errm...biko! ! I'm Straight!wink

Tallesty1:
He never said he was?sad

Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
rawswag:
I can say with all confidence my ass has been exposed like that of a chicken in a wilderness wind storm ..........am I pardoned now cc:estharfabian
O.o
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by MrWhaley: 11:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
Lols! grin

Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 12, 2016
EroticAngelina:

wat does boyfriend have to do with this pls
Oh sorry, it's a girlfriend thingy! cheesy
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by tk4rd: 6:46am On Feb 12, 2016
EroticAngelina:

Ladies are well known for rejecting gifts.. Any time, any day. The flimsy reason being that "they don't like that particular colour or make or warrever small reason"..
That's why we ask lots of questions long before the periods so as to know the likes and dislikes...
A guy would not reject a gift, so as for him not to hurt the lady. It's not a law that you must utilise a gift item. You can keep it for memories sake..
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by firstking01(m): 7:01am On Feb 12, 2016
This is one thing that disgust me about girLs undecided, cos there's erri possiblty that you woulda done the same if the reverse was to be the case.
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 7:24am On Feb 12, 2016
It can be painful when ur efforts are not appreciated. Even if she wouldn't use them, she would have shown appreciation by collecting from u and putting then on for u to see. Afterwards she could give them or keep them and never use them. A lot of people don't know how to be tactful, they mistake being rude for being truthful.

One more thing, I hope u now see how it feels when a guys gift is rejected on flimsy excuses, no matter how cheap the gift is.
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 12, 2016
chigoizie7:

@least u now know how it feels when ur bf buys "plastic flowers" for you on vals day and u frown

Are we now venting our frustrations at OP........ .... Lame
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 8:21am On Feb 12, 2016
tk4rd:
Ladies are well known for rejecting gifts.. Any time, any day. The flimsy reason being that "they don't like that particular colour or make or warrever small reason"..
That's why we ask lots of questions long before the periods so as to know the likes and dislikes...
A guy would not reject a gift, so as for him not to hurt the lady. It's not a law that you must utilise a gift item. You can keep it for memories sake..

yeah.

1 Like

Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by chigoizie7(m): 8:25am On Feb 12, 2016
pcguru1:

Are we now venting our frustrations at OP........ .... Lame

Who is venting? Abeg use the exit key
Re: Rejecting Valentine Gifts by Nobody: 8:31am On Feb 12, 2016
firstking01:
This is one thing that disgust me about girLs undecided, cos there's erri possiblty that you woulda done the same if the reverse was to be the case.

don't behave lyk an a-hole. u don't know me.
I would never reject a gift given to me, even if I hate the gift.

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Nairalanders That Are Shy In Real Life / I Am Now Officially A Member Of #teamforeigngirls / How Long Was/is Your Longest Relationship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.