Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,161 members, 7,821,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me (31733 Views)

Boy Friend Proposed With Her Nurse Friend(video) / Man Proposed To A Curvy Lady And Was Blasted For That. Photos / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by AfroKnight: 12:04am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

Who said am dating him, kindly read d story before commenting

Oh, so what do you call the situation in which he "proposed"?

Are You a bit slow?

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by AfroKnight: 12:07am On Feb 15, 2016
Zceesneh:
kindly hashtag ur opinion though

Propriety... There should be boundaries you should never cross as a friend. There must be honour among friends.

So out of the over 2 billion young ladies in this world you just had to pick your friend's ex? Really?!
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 12:07am On Feb 15, 2016
AfroKnight:

Oh, so what do you call the situation in which he "proposed"?

Are You a bit slow?
It's very obvious as to who the slow one is.

5 Likes

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by AfroKnight: 12:09am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

It's very obvious as to who the slow one is.

So it wasn't a date? What was it? House fellowship??

Really.... You can't be this slow... Well, maybe that explains why you would even go out with your ex-boyfriend's buddy.

Never mind, one more friend is still coming... when this one is done with you.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 12:15am On Feb 15, 2016
AfroKnight:

So it wasn't a date? What was it? House fellowship??

Really.... You can't be this slow... Well, maybe that explains why you would even go out with your ex-boyfriend's buddy.

Never mind, one more friend is still coming... when this one is done with you.
Whats with you,the fact that we went out together automatically makes it. Date, is that what u were taught in school. Young man goggle the meaning of date nd stop making silly assumptions.

4 Likes

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 12:17am On Feb 15, 2016
AfroKnight:

Propriety... There should be boundaries you should never cross as a friend. There must be honour among friends.

So out of the over 2 billion young ladies in this world you just had to pick your friend's ex? Really?!
my choice not urx
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by akike: 12:35am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
I'll try and make this as brief as possible. Have been dating this guy for almost a year now. Things were going smoothly till he travelled(outside the country)early this year, I got to find out he is married but the wife stays outside and he has relocated to go be with her. After he left, his best friend started calling me often, sending me messages, tryna check on me and all that. I didn't really take it serious till few days ago, he called me and was like since we both didn't av a date for val, let him take me out. I obliged. He took me to a fancy restaurant and was telling me how much he has always loved me and had wanted to tell me about his friend but didn't wanna betray him. I was shocked outta ma senses when he brought out a ring and proposed in front of everyone. Now my question is, can u marry ur ex's best friend, can I really trust this guy, isn't he like his friend. He's a nice guy really but I dnt know if i can marry him. Your advice'll really be appreciated.

Ignore the foo.lguidance

Seek your parent's guidance

I don't see the big deal here unless you still have feelings for the other friend.

Sit him form and have a very long chat with him including his aims, marriage plans etc

If possible, try to maintain a no-sex relationship

3 Likes

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by AfroKnight: 12:36am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

Whats with you,the fact that we went out together automatically makes it. Date, is that what u were taught in school. Young man goggle the meaning of date nd stop making silly assumptions.

Take your own advice, young lady. English language is perhaps not your forte.

Nonsense.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 6:03am On Feb 15, 2016
Think very hard about this
What do you derive from posting this? Is this what you call a problem in this 21st century?
What if someone was to say "yes, marry him" and gave you a very comprehensive, manipulative but intelligent reason
Would you go ahead and marry him because of that one poster? Well i fvcking hope not.

My advise: Common sense, apply it.

2 Likes

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by ipledge10(m): 6:21am On Feb 15, 2016
Yoruba say ese ni n saju ijo, but when ijo comes before ese it becomes abnormal. ...gal engagement is not the first thing in a relationship

My 5million Zimbabwe dollars
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 6:41am On Feb 15, 2016
Babe, we can find love anywhere. Follow your heart. Don't mind those hypocrites

2 Likes

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by TheAziz: 9:08am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

Had to hug him to save him the embarrassment but I didn't take the ring.told him I needed time
at least that's good
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 9:21am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
I'll try and make this as brief as possible. Have been dating this guy for almost a year now. Things were going smoothly till he travelled(outside the country)early this year, I got to find out he is married but the wife stays outside and he has relocated to go be with her. After he left, his best friend started calling me often, sending me messages, tryna check on me and all that. I didn't really take it serious till few days ago, he called me and was like since we both didn't av a date for val, let him take me out. I obliged. He took me to a fancy restaurant and was telling me how much he has always loved me and had wanted to tell me about his friend but didn't wanna betray him. I was shocked outta ma senses when he brought out a ring and proposed in front of everyone. Now my question is, can u marry ur ex's best friend, can I really trust this guy, isn't he like his friend. He's a nice guy really but I dnt know if i can marry him. Your advice'll really be appreciated.
so, how does this increase the value of nairagrin

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by OlayinkaFawaz(m): 9:22am On Feb 15, 2016
are you not the type that like long dic.k?

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by helphelp: 10:01am On Feb 15, 2016
Na yes or no you talk when im propose...

Answer the above first

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by adedayourt(m): 10:03am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

ders nothing rong if u both av mutual feelings bout each oda but d prt i dnt get is d prt where u avnt been dating nd he jumped to d ring part. . . cept ders more to it dou

cheers
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by afroditte(f): 10:04am On Feb 15, 2016
Hmm....

You have to be careful that he isn't also up to funny games like his friend.

Then how can a guy propose out of the blue? Makes me think there must be something fishy going on.

Then, lastly, do you want to be with him,do you even know him well enough to be with him? If you like him and you can handle the fact that he is best friends with your lying and deceitful ex, I guess you could agree to courtship but be very watchful.

Make him work for it. He should keep his ring on hold for now, till you're sure.

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 15, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
well well well.. What do we have here.. angry

I have an answer but if I say it I'll be banned to smithereens grin
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by HopeAtHand: 10:06am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

Had to hug him to save him the embarrassment but I didn't take the ring.told him I needed time

Why is he in a hurry.. When things are so fast something might be wrong. Take your time and study him carefully. Frustrate him purposely and study his reactions.

And why would you even consider you ex's friend? I anit saying its illegal but it comes across as quite immoral. Instead of dating him, date me. kiss grin

2 Likes

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by supereagle(m): 10:06am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
You know what you want, I will not leave with you.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:08am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
GO ON AND MARRY HIM, BUT BE DON'T FORGET THAT HE WILL REMIND YOU OF YOUR EX WHEN THERE IS QUARREL. THERE IS NO HOW YOUR EX WON'T HAVE TOLD HIM ABOUT HIS SEXUAL EXPLOIT WITH YOU, HOW YOU USED TO SCREAM, HOW HE USED TO HANG YOUR LEGS ON THE TV ETC. WISHING YOU SUCCESS, AT LEAST HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN NONE.

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by pabjo: 10:08am On Feb 15, 2016
your destiny is in his hand I will advice you take it in good fate and take away the jiltting of you betrayal. my advice tho
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Onegai(f): 10:09am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

Tell him you'd like to get to know him better and keep your pants on throughout this stage. And for goodness' sake do your due diligence (put up couple pictures of you on his fb so you can find out his status etc). Don't go trusting until he's proven himself to you.

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by just2okworld(f): 10:10am On Feb 15, 2016
Congratulations
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by jnrbayano(m): 10:11am On Feb 15, 2016
Refusing the ring and hugging him to save him the embarrassment is commendable. Thats humane but that should be as far as you can go with him.

There's something you have that he has been eyeing right from your time with his friend and that to me is lust otherwise, why the rushy marriage proposal?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by ibibaba181: 10:11am On Feb 15, 2016
AfroKnight:
I can never date my friend's ex no matter how beautiful she is. This guy had to date his friend's ex. Who does that? It is sad that you even agreed to date him. Instead of you to run far from such guys.

Well, maybe you don't value loyalty. A man that cannot let his friend's ex be is a man without loyalties.

U dnt knw may be her ex friend is the right husband from God

2 Likes

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by pabjo: 10:12am On Feb 15, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

GO ON AND MARRY HIM, BUT BE DON'T FORGET THAT HE WILL REMIND YOU OF YOUR EX WHEN THERE IS QUARREL. THERE IS NO HOW YOUR EX WON'T HAVE TOLD HIM ABOUT HIS SEXUAL EXPLOIT WITH YOU, HOW YOU USED TO SCREAM, HOW HE USED TO HANG YOUR LEGS ON THE TV ETC. WISHING YOU SUCCESS, AT LEAST HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN NONE.[

op this your advice e get as e be oo she tell you say she have sex with the x ni
/quote][quote author=supereagle post=42935778]
You know what you want, I will not leave with you.
OZAOEKPE:

GO ON AND MARRY HIM, BUT BE DON'T FORGET THAT HE WILL REMIND YOU OF YOUR EX WHEN THERE IS QUARREL. THERE IS NO HOW YOUR EX WON'T HAVE TOLD HIM ABOUT HIS SEXUAL EXPLOIT WITH YOU, HOW YOU USED TO SCREAM, HOW HE USED TO HANG YOUR LEGS ON THE TV ETC. WISHING YOU SUCCESS, AT LEAST HALF BREAD IS BETTER THAN NONE.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by OZAOEKPE(f): 10:14am On Feb 15, 2016
[quote author=pabjo post=42935939][/quote]
SMH
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by layinks60: 10:14am On Feb 15, 2016
This is a Dilemma of which the wise will tell you marry him and the wise will still tell you not to.. Use your discretion

Just make sure you do what your mind tells you and what you thought its right.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 10:14am On Feb 15, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
Is he financially stable
u r a gold digger! Retired runz geh, c question. U urself r u financially stable?

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by jnrbayano(m): 10:16am On Feb 15, 2016
Nikita1:
Babe, we can find love anywhere. Follow your heart. Don't mind those hypocrites

Following ones heart isn't the best piece of advice to give.

Using ones head is.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Urgent: How To Deal With An Unrequited Love ? / My Girlfriend Is Hiding Her Finance From Me / Boyfriend Is Finding Out Details About Me From An Unknown Source. Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.