Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,175 members, 7,821,984 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me (31736 Views)

Boy Friend Proposed With Her Nurse Friend(video) / Man Proposed To A Curvy Lady And Was Blasted For That. Photos / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by ceejay80s(m): 10:16am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
I'll try and make this as brief as possible. Have been dating this guy for almost a year now. Things were going smoothly till he travelled(outside the country)early this year, I got to find out he is married but the wife stays outside and he has relocated to go be with her. After he left, his best friend started calling me often, sending me messages, tryna check on me and all that. I didn't really take it serious till few days ago, he called me and was like since we both didn't av a date for val, let him take me out. I obliged. He took me to a fancy restaurant and was telling me how much he has always loved me and had wanted to tell me about his friend but didn't wanna betray him. I was shocked outta ma senses when he brought out a ring and proposed in front of everyone. Now my question is, can u marry ur ex's best friend, can I really trust this guy, isn't he like his friend. He's a nice guy really but I dnt know if i can marry him. Your advice'll really be appreciated.
What if after a few years, ur ex returns and wants to visit his friend ur husband, which eye Ana wan take look Ana self?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by chigoizie7(m): 10:17am On Feb 15, 2016
Are u 100% sure that your ex is truly married? If yes, den, ride on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by tritt(m): 10:19am On Feb 15, 2016
You better go and collect that ring before your parents put you OLX.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Hardebaryo: 10:20am On Feb 15, 2016
Follow your heart
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by deathmen12: 10:22am On Feb 15, 2016
Girli no... Even though he marry u 2day dat memory wil neva leav him or u... Imagn my best frnd has fucckk my wife 4 1yr, he wil nt respect u o. Men av dis jealous atitude. they wre best frnds and they wil remaid frnds... Dnt put urself in dat mess
mizzkweenbee:
I'll try and make this as brief as possible. Have been dating this guy for almost a year now. Things were going smoothly till he travelled(outside the country)early this year, I got to find out he is married but the wife stays outside and he has relocated to go be with her. After he left, his best friend started calling me often, sending me messages, tryna check on me and all that. I didn't really take it serious till few days ago, he called me and was like since we both didn't av a date for val, let him take me out. I obliged. He took me to a fancy restaurant and was telling me how much he has always loved me and had wanted to tell me about his friend but didn't wanna betray him. I was shocked outta ma senses when he brought out a ring and proposed in front of everyone. Now my question is, can u marry ur ex's best friend, can I really trust this guy, isn't he like his friend. He's a nice guy really but I dnt know if i can marry him. Your advice'll really be appreciated.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by mrBLAYD(m): 10:24am On Feb 15, 2016
Just one single day To reveal his feelings to u and end up presenting a ring is Quite not convincing Tagging it with love,being a good friend for the whole lifetimes has nothing doing with engaging in a such no going back decision,Do not say yes yet, its too early and moreover u r not running away, give it a time to draw conclusion .................as per weda frieNd of ex or whatever believe,That's nothing to even give it a second thought,if I break up with u,it means I don't know u and we have never met,I have no Ex and am nobody's Ex's ..............if u like him den go with him but do not jump into bed with him,if he's not plnning to settle down within few month ten becareful.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by get2habbay(m): 10:24am On Feb 15, 2016
AfroKnight:
I can never date my friend's ex no matter how beautiful she is. This guy had to date his friend's ex. Who does that? It is sad that you even agreed to date him. Instead of you to run far from such guys.

Well, maybe you don't value loyalty. A man that cannot let his friend's ex be is a man without loyalties.
Dis happen sometimes btw frnds.. Soo,,i see dating ur ex gf as notin provided you can handle d thought of thier past s**xual deals..
@op,, i av witness such case were 2 of my frnds place a bet on who to catch d babe first, soo unfortunate for d loser,he happen to av fallen for d babe but d winner was just dier to play..
If you can relate dis to ur situation, i tink i shared my own advice. Beat of luck

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 10:26am On Feb 15, 2016
Don't o, they're trying to pass you around; one of the greatest no no for men is to know their girl has been smashed before, not to now talk of if the smashing was done by a close friend....a word is enough for the wise...but see the kine level that desperado carry attack...truly desperate times calls for desperate measures shocked
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Kingsron(m): 10:26am On Feb 15, 2016
Kindly look elsewhere, since he is your ex best friend and they are still friends.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Dirkcoyt: 10:27am On Feb 15, 2016
You all should not preach the guy is not loyal.
If the guy want to betray his friend, he would have done that while he was around by blackmailing him to her face, what the guy did was respecting his friend, I guess he knew he will be leaving soon.

We find love anywhere, no harm in trying him out, infact belive me he will be a caring and loving man, he thinks he doesn't worth you, he might even be the one that first noticed you before your ex sef, now I think inexperience made him bring out a ring thinking he can catch you young before another guy comes around, give him a trial, afterall your ex is a liar?

Just don't rush to marry him, court eachother,if he suits your type of man then engage him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by abiolert(m): 10:27am On Feb 15, 2016
Emac34:
Run and get that ringgrin befor u forget u ganna be thirty tomorrowundecided
That's if she is not even above 30 already!
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by seenter84: 10:30am On Feb 15, 2016
D guy won knack knack u. Just won use d ring thing put u for work.

No sex relationship can work for now but sista look else where jor. Free them guys of d same click

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by ifeomaekol(f): 10:32am On Feb 15, 2016
My dear, wat do u really want? Cn u consider going ahead to marry him? Yes he proposed early, bt maybe he doesn't wnt to lose dt oppourtunity again. Search ur hrt, n kw if he's got wat u really wnt in a man n if u cn ova look d fact dt he's ur ex best frd. Again, I believe he wuld hv told u all along dt ur frd then had a wife,bt come to think of it- if we start tellin our frds dt dia husbands r cheats then, we wuld indirectly brk homes(and mayb dt was wat he tried to avoid). But if u kw dt looking @him in d future u wuld always rem ur ex n d hurt pls leave him, bt if u feel dt u cn go ahead then d ball is in ur court. Dias ds song by boys ll men- 'all along, he was busy looking for love outside, bt he didn't kw dt love was rite beside him in form of he's best frd.' So it culd still be d two of u r meant to be, bt wateva happens, before u make dt final decision pls pray abt it, talk to ur spiritual mentor or mother n hear wat they hv to say. Its good u hugged him n told him to wait for awhile, use ds period to study him, make sure d little things dt ordinarly u wuldnt take notice of dt u do take notice of it nw. God ll give u wisdom on hw to handle this.

2 Likes

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 10:32am On Feb 15, 2016
Sweetheart, there are no hard and fast rules regarding dating and relationships with people related in one way or the other to your previous partners.

My candid advice is that you should be careful and tread with caution. Take your time and think it through before making a decision. Marriage is not something to be rushed into.

Consider this: if he was friends with your ex, is it not possible that he was aware that your ex was already married?

Give it time, baby. Think.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by jaelz(m): 10:40am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
If your boyfriend cheated on you and he kept mute about it then i don't think you could trust him
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by poseidon12: 10:40am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

Had to hug him to save him the embarrassment but I didn't take the ring.told him I needed time

You did well. No need to rush. Learn from your mistake with his best friend and try to know more about him. Once bitten twice shy. If he is a responsible man, he will understand. If you find out he is really not married, and he is a nice person you can get along with, I don't see anything wrong in you getting married to him.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Analysiscorner: 10:42am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
If your story is true, then let him know your fears. Your ex may not like it for his friend to date his ex, especially if you both have been intimate.
Still you don't need to worry about your ex if he was actually married and toying with your heart. Your main worry is the one that has proposed. Is he genuine or not?
Now, minus the insincerity of your ex regarding his being married without letting you know, it is not right for your friends ex to date you - dating here, is only applicable when you get intimate with him. You can only be ordinary friends.
I hope you get my message clearly. If the man is genuine go on with him. You don't owe the insincere man any explanation.
But my fear is what if the allegation against your ex is false, and he only said it to 'tap his friend's wine ' at his absence? So confirm his allegations against your ex b4 taking your decision.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 10:42am On Feb 15, 2016
jnrbayano:

Following ones heart isn't the best piece of advice to give.

Using ones head is.
undecided undecided
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by blazetitov: 10:43am On Feb 15, 2016
Lovetinz:

Perfect Compliment.

Your Ass has been pummeled for a whole year.
That was Infantry.

Now, another Invader is at the gate.
This time, Its heavy artillery.

Double fuckgratulations. grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by chineloSA(f): 10:47am On Feb 15, 2016
If you had sex with your ex, consider his friend a no go zone.

If you didn't have sex with your ex you can consider his friend.

Personally, I don't see anything wrong if there was no sex. smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by paschu: 10:47am On Feb 15, 2016
AfroKnight:

So it wasn't a date? What was it? House fellowship??

Really.... You can't be this slow... Well, maybe that explains why you would even go out with your ex-boyfriend's buddy.

Never mind, one more friend is still coming... when this one is done with you.

@mizzkweenbee with all due respect I urge you to pay some attention to what the dude I qouted above is saying.

From all indication, I seriously think you never stopped to think deeply about what exactly you were doung with that guy before he flashed the ring.

If I must be blunt, I'd put it to you that you FLIRTED with this guy and never thought anything about it. That does not make you bad though, it simply shines light on the fact that you are living in denial about the fact that you had a date with your ex's best friend. Probably you should imagine a bit if you could (innocently) have done the same thing had it been that your ex was still around. I guess that would help you put things in perspective.

NOTE: I must also say that your hugging him without accepting the ring shows that you are a pretty-practical and experienced woman. Kudos to you on that.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Analysiscorner: 10:48am On Feb 15, 2016
jaelz:
If your boyfriend cheated on you and he kept mute about it then i don't think you could trust him
I can understand you, dear. But the new man was the boyfriend's friend, and she got to know him through the ex.
It may not be appropriate for him to go to the girlfriend directly and disclose the ex's affair. Rather, she should ask him whether he told his friend who is now the ex about the inappropriateness of his actions.

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by kaimeraone: 10:49am On Feb 15, 2016
So............the guy is still on his knees with the ring at the fancy restaurant waiting for your answer ? undecided

On behalf of this house, please biko, run back there and say something. grin
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Godsgal(f): 10:49am On Feb 15, 2016
Dearest. Pls don't be decieved. Marriage proposals dnt come dat cheaply. Men use proposals these dayz 2 get beneath one's pants. He obviously knws dat it wil be a lil' bit dificult 2 convince u 2 sleep with him after what his friend did to u; hence, the proposal. A guy who claims 2 av loved u frm d onset wudn't av kept such delicate news frm u & savd u frm such heartbrk. As for him being nice, Sweetie, evryone is an angel at first, just lyk ur ex. Gracias#

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by jattshaf(m): 10:53am On Feb 15, 2016
Thanks God its monday. To copy this tune. Press one
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Jacko1(m): 10:55am On Feb 15, 2016
Are you stil in d restaurant with him on his knees.... Cos i believ youv obviously taken an action.... Wah u want frm nairaland again
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by ogbonnajude507: 10:55am On Feb 15, 2016
There is nothing wrong with dating or marrying him if his intension are ok,but for him to propose to you on a first date hmmmmm,babe use your head we men are tricky and we have different strategy of getting what we want.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by freshareaboi(m): 10:58am On Feb 15, 2016
Zceesneh:
u are my kind of woman, not all this girls looking for dangota son
u see... Y will dey not look for DANGOTA son
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by clickwtB(m): 11:02am On Feb 15, 2016
Check him out and if he is honest,why not give him a chance.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by hrpvl: 11:04am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
Think it through dear and ask God to direct you! contact us for job in Dubai and US visa with Zero deposit
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by kenmaro: 11:09am On Feb 15, 2016
Just be careful and be smart wisely. Don't commit yourself fully into the relationship yet. And if you could work this out, try as much as possible to make the courtship period sex free(including any form of romance) until after marriage rites have been completed properly. If he refuses, back out from the relationship. But, i expect that if he truly loves you as he has professed, he should be able to accept such condition and hasten the marriage proper so as to have you. If eventually, he accepts this condition? You too must be sure not to cheat on him. Most importantly, pray to God for wisdom & His guidance. Goodluck!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 15, 2016
op the guy jst wana shine ur congo shikena, ow will a guy propose to a girl without first being friends, then dating b4 getting her a ring. op run fast

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Urgent: How To Deal With An Unrequited Love ? / My Girlfriend Is Hiding Her Finance From Me / Boyfriend Is Finding Out Details About Me From An Unknown Source. Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.