Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,165 members, 7,821,953 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me (31734 Views)

Boy Friend Proposed With Her Nurse Friend(video) / Man Proposed To A Curvy Lady And Was Blasted For That. Photos / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by 989900: 11:12am On Feb 15, 2016
obiorathesubtle:
well well well.. What do we have here.. angry

-- T-Bag. (rubs palm) smiley
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Abbex4(m): 11:12am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
I'll try and make this as brief as possible. Have been dating this guy for almost a year now. Things were going smoothly till he travelled(outside the country)early this year, I got to find out he is married but the wife stays outside and he has relocated to go be with her. After he left, his best friend started calling me often, sending me messages, tryna check on me and all that. I didn't really take it serious till few days ago, he called me and was like since we both didn't av a date for val, let him take me out. I obliged. He took me to a fancy restaurant and was telling me how much he has always loved me and had wanted to tell me about his friend but didn't wanna betray him. I was shocked outta ma senses when he brought out a ring and proposed in front of everyone. Now my question is, can u marry ur ex's best friend, can I really trust this guy, isn't he like his friend. He's a nice guy really but I dnt know if i can marry him. Your advice'll really be appreciated.

I can marry him if he loves u and if u loves him too
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by kunle75(m): 11:17am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
I'll try and make this as brief as possible. Have been dating this guy for almost a year now. Things were going smoothly till he travelled(outside the country)early this year, I got to find out he is married but the wife stays outside and he has relocated to go be with her. After he left, his best friend started calling me often, sending me messages, tryna check on me and all that. I didn't really take it serious till few days ago, he called me and was like since we both didn't av a date for val, let him take me out. I obliged. He took me to a fancy restaurant and was telling me how much he has always loved me and had wanted to tell me about his friend but didn't wanna betray him. I was shocked outta ma senses when he brought out a ring and proposed in front of everyone. Now my question is, can u marry ur ex's best friend, can I really trust this guy, isn't he like his friend. He's a nice guy really but I dnt know if i can marry him. Your advice'll really be appreciated.

If its take shim that long before he can come out to tell you how unreliable his friend is,then himself is not far far from been same as his friend.

He is a wolf in sheep clothing.......... and put your self in his friends shoe.................look elsewhere for you own hubby not your ex best friend.....its morally wrong.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 11:19am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
What's your nationality?
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by KELECHUKWU89: 11:20am On Feb 15, 2016
Somewhere in aba

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by miomio(f): 11:21am On Feb 15, 2016
AfroKnight:
I can never date my friend's ex no matter how beautiful she is. This guy had to date his friend's ex. Who does that? It is sad that you even agreed to date him. Instead of you to run far from such guys.

Well, maybe you don't value loyalty. A man that cannot let his friend's ex be is a man without loyalties.

my dear thats ur personal opinion. provided they hav ended d relationship nothing is wrong in dating d ex's best friend. he was even loyal in covering up for his friend who he knew was married,even though he might have been in love with d girl all along. what d op needs is time to check d compatibility level and other things. my opinion though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by blackboy(m): 11:21am On Feb 15, 2016
From my observation you are giving it a serious thought. You seem okay with him. Youve known him for as long as you known your ex.
1. What happened to his gf or ex gf or he is a virgin/rev father?
2. Seriously he could have had a crush on you since and your ex could have told him gr8 things bout you in bed or financially or family wise. For your ex bf's friend to come for you you are special or he has heard wonderful things bout you from the guy or out of pity. But to marry out of pity is not good . You must rily get ro be in love with anyone you want to marry.
3. Ask this guy serious questions about his ex y he brokeup n about himself.
4. The killer- send a mail to your ex about the recent development and see the reaction and tell the other guy you have told your ex. Lets see how things will go.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 11:22am On Feb 15, 2016
It's a super story!
Remember, we are pencils in the hand of the Creator.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by mart2k(m): 11:25am On Feb 15, 2016
Sharp guy, d guy wan collect his share. Dnt worry, he wl use n dump u d same way ur ex did. Ur ex must v told him 1 or 2 things abt u n daz what he try to confirm or put into pracice. Dnt worry, ur eyes wl soon clear.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by egopersonified(f): 11:25am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

Babe, don't mind all those bashing you. Just see this as the beginning of a relationship, just like any other relationship. But try to hold back on sex for as long as possible, in case he wants to chop and clean mouth.

A male friend once told me about a girl he was dating while he was married. One of his single friends told him he liked his girlfriend and wanted to marry her. He arranged for three of them to meet somewhere and right there he told his girlfriend that his friend was interested in her and handed the girl over to his friend. The girl started crying that he betrayed her (girl wey dey date married man ooo). They are married now with kids.

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by kennysteve77: 11:32am On Feb 15, 2016
RoyalBlak007:
Is he financially stable

You are very wrong to have asked that question. What has that got to do with marrying an ex's best friend? Think of more sensible questions and ask again...
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by tana4gud(f): 11:32am On Feb 15, 2016
How well do u know d guy? U didn't even mention dat u guys are dating n he propose....hmmmm.

How far did u collect d ring?
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by mart2k(m): 11:33am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

Had to hug him to save him the embarrassment but I didn't take the ring.told him I needed time
Do u really knw hw men think? To him,dat hug has jst confirmed it dat u v fallen whether u collect d akpako ring or not. Next meeting, na sexx e go introduce to u
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by nkemdi89(f): 11:36am On Feb 15, 2016
AfroKnight:
I can never date my friend's ex no matter how beautiful she is. This guy had to date his friend's ex. Who does that? It is sad that you even agreed to date him. Instead of you to run far from such guys.

Well, maybe you don't value loyalty. A man that cannot let his friend's ex be is a man without loyalties.
There is room for flexibility in life, a colleague of mine the lady the brother married was his best friend girl that usually comes visiting them in same flat, the guy proposed to her despite she was still dating his friend, she agreed on the ground that her main guy hasn't proposed. Today they are happily married with kids.

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by iykedare(m): 11:38am On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:

Can't marry a poor man but equally cannot marry a guy cos of his money

Aren't you poor too? If you don't have more than 500k in your account,you are poor.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by EOOJ(m): 11:45am On Feb 15, 2016
STFUareyouGod:
Are you related to Gollum Smeagol?
hahaha, bros grin Smeagol of al people cheesy
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Nobody: 11:48am On Feb 15, 2016
EOOJ:
hahaha, bros grin Smeagol of al people cheesy
seems she's also obsessed with rings. Lol

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by emzila(m): 11:52am On Feb 15, 2016
if truly your ex is married, give this guy a chance. reasons, he knew his guy was married yet he remained loyal to their friendship despite his desire for you. some other guys would have place their emotion, secondly, you have to understand that he had take his time to study you both at your good and bad moments and finally I think you already love him in return you are only trying to be sure you are not wrong in your decision. if your heart says yes, pls hit the green button and move on. success.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by FrenchyL(m): 11:55am On Feb 15, 2016
Hi. Please do yourself a favour and #RUNAWAYFAST

It is a very fishy arrangement. I mean does he think that you are desperate to marry. My guess is that if he has his way with you, he would quickly move on with his life. Be wise.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by zubinike(m): 12:02pm On Feb 15, 2016
I totally disagree....the dude is a bad guy, so all the while you were dating his friend him eyes dey your body....I pity am, he will someday love to date your friends if u travel even for a short walk....go find another suitor and leave their circle, single men full outside like me..
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by SilvanusII(m): 12:04pm On Feb 15, 2016
Well, I do understand the 'bro code' ish where he wouldn't wanna cast on his friend but in my honest opinion, if he really liked you whilst u were in a relationship with that crook, he will av dropped signs. Constant unexplainable fights with his friend, withdrawn and moody disposition when u three were together, and other subtle hints. So my dear, you have to do ur soul searching. Its up to you to know if he has always loved u or he just wants a taste of d pie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Easynk: 12:05pm On Feb 15, 2016
What can happen only in the zoo!
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Blade21: 12:06pm On Feb 15, 2016
mizzkweenbee:
nothing is wrong with marrying him just get to know him better that's all after no one knows were a person's husband will come from and besides your ex is married so move on I wish you de best
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by silvaedge(m): 12:07pm On Feb 15, 2016
you won't get answers here,just go and talk to God in prayers,he will tell u wat to do.cheers
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by virginchaser(m): 12:08pm On Feb 15, 2016
What is the big deal my room mate married my ex girlfriend.

1 Like

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Teeskye(m): 12:12pm On Feb 15, 2016
My dear sister twins born on same day are not of d same character, ur boyfriend betrayed u doesn't mean d friend is going to do the same thing. moreover if u r a Christian or Muslim go before God and ask for the right thing. remember in marriage if ones rush in he/she runs out. Pls marriage is for life be very careful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Originalsly: 12:13pm On Feb 15, 2016
Hmmm....your ex travelled earlier this year.....but we're only halfway in February!... he recently travelled. Mr Proposal and your ex are two beans in a pod....birds of a feather... loyal to each other. He knew your ex was married.... was going to abandon you.... but never said a word until he left. If truth be told... your ex is fully aware of all this happenings. He is finished with you... and has given his buddy permission and advice on how to get between your legs before a stranger. No man goes after his friend's ex.... at least in such a rush and with a proposal. If he can rush after you..he can rush after your sister or even mother... such a man is unpredictable and capable of anything. This is like incest....shut him down....clear your head...move on.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by DONFASZY(m): 12:26pm On Feb 15, 2016
u cant marry hr ex best friend....u live ur life regreting it
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Analysiscorner: 12:29pm On Feb 15, 2016
ceejay80s:

What if after a few years, ur ex returns and wants to visit his friend ur husband, which eye Ana wan take look Ana self?
That's why she needs to confirm first whether the said ex was actually married why dating her as a single man.
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by justmenoni: 12:31pm On Feb 15, 2016
Op..remember mehn sabi jealous pass woman...imagine the said ex comes around for vacation, u wouldn't stop him from visiting his friend! Would u? Now imagine ur husby needs to get something urgently and u are left alone with ur ex..blv me once he comes back might hv d idea dat u guyz just knack something..

What we don't know is better than what we know..hv u slept with ur ex? If no then u might consider d offer but if yes then free am abeg, how are u sure he's not only looking to service ur Congo?
Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by Missmossy(f): 12:41pm On Feb 15, 2016
Sounds somehow. There are other guys out there. Your ex's best friend sounds awkward to date not to talk of marrying. Its a big no for me.

Besides you shouldn't be in a rush to marry,marriage isn't a one day event. You need time to figure things out.

2 Likes

Re: My Ex's Best Friend Proposed To Me by ceejay80s(m): 12:45pm On Feb 15, 2016
Analysiscorner:

That's why she needs to confirm first whether the said ex was actually married why dating her as a single man.
Husband and wife must surely quarrel, u know Wetin go come out for the man mouth when una dey quarrel?
"after sleeping with my friend and all the street boys, I manage marry u" talk must plenty for the marriage

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Urgent: How To Deal With An Unrequited Love ? / My Girlfriend Is Hiding Her Finance From Me / Boyfriend Is Finding Out Details About Me From An Unknown Source. Help!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.