Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake - Celebrities (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake (80341 Views)

Orezi Threatens To Disgrace A Male Celebrity Owing Him Over Dud Cheque / Duncan Mighty: "My Sister Has Mental Illness, Not A Thief, It's Fake News" / See This Hilarious Meme Of Linda Ikeji's Birkins Bag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by tpiar: 3:03am On Feb 17, 2016
sukkot:

. let me tell you how i think the story went. she most definitely never heard about a BIRKINS in her entire life ( i havent ). she goes bag shopping, goes to a high end store in west end. the guy tells her she needs to buy this bag called a BIRKIN which is the most luxurious bag in the world and it is made by hermes. he pulls out a magazine with some celebs using it. tells her in hermes its like 18,000 dollars but i will give it to you for 14,000. then she buys it. returns home.

I dont think so.

an American celebrity (very rich) who spent $5000 in one shopping spree some years ago, still considered that extravagant.

Who in Nigeria drops $14000 cash on a bag? Only rich Arabs do such.

1 Like

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by tpiar: 3:06am On Feb 17, 2016
sukkot:
not in nigeria. keep it real playa

how do i define luxurious ? bruv, luxurious is universal. that banana island mansion will be considered luxurious in any part of the world. it looks like it belongs on MTV cribs ( not emphatically saying she owns it lol ) and she has a range rover ( which every celeb in the world owns ). thats luxurious. keep it real playa. even though i know linda ikeji is an arrogant pompous prick, i am righteous enough to admit that she knows her luxury. wink grin

nah. It's not luxurious, just maybe high end, if not basic (assuming Nigeria had infrastructural amenities and development).

If you want to see luxurious dwellings, check the houses of the really rich folks in Nigeria, I mean old or quantifiable money, not blogging alleged income.

Luxurious means just one art work alone can buy an entire house elsewhere (or even a linda ikeji mansion would equal the cost of just one or two art pieces). And a luxurious mansion will have so many of those.

an example:

http://ameboofafrika..com/2014/03/rasaq-okoyas-mansion-photo.html

2 Likes

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by sukkot: 3:07am On Feb 17, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lmao. It shows you don't know much.

Don't compare nyggahs to other, especially white folks and Asians. White folks have money, don't sleep on them. I've met some crazy white guy at a pub that looks like a yob, and I swear on my mum's life, this guy had almost a million pounds in his account. I saw it with my eyes. Come to Essex and see the C-class benz a lot of these young white yobs drive speeding everywhere. And Asians have cars for days. Even black boys in London aren't playing these days. grin

That's why everyday, you'll see at least 20 Range Rovers, even in the poorest parts of the UK. That's a fact.
brah, the average briton lives from paycheck to paycheck and they are all in debt. why cant you just learn to deal in reality instead of these fantasies you are conjuring up ? the average wage in britain is like 20,000 and bills will finish it all off. almost everybody is struggling in britain. this is a known fact. why are you here pulling out falsities just to make a point ? britain is a paycheck to paycheck society. i have been all over britain when i had this job that posted me to every city and county in britain and i am telling you i have seen it all. i have been to the most expensive towns in oxford, cambridge, st ives, wales etc etc --and i am telling you that a range is considered a luxurious car in these places. you need to be a top earner before they give you a range on hire purchase..and like you said if you have a huge deposit then the payments are smaller but who has 10,000 to 20,000 pounds saved up in britain ? come on dawg. now you just fakin the funk . tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:07am On Feb 17, 2016
AdaNri1:
you have never been dragged through mud then.

When some people go out of their way like witches on a broom to disgrace you because they're filled with jealousy, you shouldn't let them win.
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by sukkot: 3:09am On Feb 17, 2016
tpiar:

nah. It's not luxurious, just maybe high end, if not basic (assuming Nigeria had infrastructural amenities and development).

If you want to see luxurious dwellings, check the houses of the really rich folks in Nigeria, I mean old or quantifiable money, not blogging alleged income.
ahhh i see we are getting our wires crossed. yes there are rich houses, but as far as apartments go, this is a luxury apartment. we are not talking about houses. stick to apartments and condos

1 Like

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:10am On Feb 17, 2016
repogirl:
She is doing this all WRONG angry

Now I understand why she is single, how many men can afford this kind of lifestyle or tolerate her braggadocios and very vocal mouth? Maybe some Princ will marry her sha because as she dey do now, e be like sey her level don too high for normal human beings.

See how she is bragging..... anyway, it doesn't change the fact that she bought a fake and its not a very good fake sef. She should better ask for a refund and also remember that Pride goes before a fall.
Imagine what this one is saying against her fellow lady, so having a husband is your life ambition? undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by sukkot: 3:11am On Feb 17, 2016
tpiar:

I dont think so.

an American celebrity (very rich) who spent $5000 in one shopping spree some years ago, still considered that extravagant.

Who in Nigeria drops $14000 cash on a bag? Only rich Arabs do such.
are you for real ? in chicago i have seen nigerians drop 100,000 dollars to buy the whole king louis the 8th champagne they have in the club and gave the whole club one bottle each. this yoruba legend in chicago when i was there. 14,000 is nothing for a bag. nigerians are wasteful

4 Likes

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by sundoj08(m): 3:12am On Feb 17, 2016
doveda:

You need to start paying attentionundecided

Nah you should report what you know. undecided
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by tpiar: 3:13am On Feb 17, 2016
sukkot:
ahhh i see we are getting our wires crossed. yes there are rich houses, but as far as apartments go, this is a luxury apartment. we are not talking about houses. stick to apartments and condos

No, we are not getting any wires crossed.

I'm simply pointing out Linda's house is not considered as luxurious as you imagine.

You might feel it's luxurious because it's in Nigeria, but it wouldnt be so elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by tpiar: 3:14am On Feb 17, 2016
sukkot:
are you for real ? in chicago i have seen nigerians drop 100,000 dollars to buy the whole king louis the 8th champagne they have in the club and gave the whole club one bottle each. this yoruba legend in chicago when i was there. 14,000 is nothing for a bag. nigerians are wasteful

I said who in Nigeria, not who outside Nigeria.

and, you may have been scammed, did you count the money or you just assumed it was 100,000?

1 Like

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by cococandy(f): 3:16am On Feb 17, 2016
BTW I've a problem believing that response was from Hermes.
Seems like some parody account.

2 Likes

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by SirShymexx: 3:20am On Feb 17, 2016
sukkot:
brah, the average briton lives from paycheck to paycheck and they are all in debt. why cant you just learn to deal in reality instead of these fantasies you are conjuring up ? the average wage in britain is like 20,000 and bills will finish it all off. almost everybody is struggling in britain. this is a known fact. why are you here pulling out falsities just to make a point ? britain is a paycheck to paycheck society. i have been all over britain when i had this job that posted me to every city and county in britain and i am telling you i have seen it all. i have been to the most expensive towns in oxford, cambridge, st ives, wales etc etc --and i am telling you that a range is considered a luxurious car in these places. you need to be a top earner before they give you a range on hire purchase..and like you said if you have a huge deposit then the payments are smaller but who has 10,000 to 20,000 pounds saved up in britain ? come on dawg. now you just fakin the funk . tongue

Lmao. That's why I always tell you to go out more for fresh air. Apart from locking yourself in a basement in manny, studying stars and constellation - you obviously don't know much. grin

Living paycheck to paycheck doesn't negate the fact that the overwhelming majority of the cars on the street are less than 6 years old. Even in today's UK, most folks don't even consider porsche and Jaguar to be luxurious. And Range Rover is one of the most common cars on the street.

The fact that you put Wales in ya list of expensive places in the UK shows you don't know anything. Wales is like the poorest place in the UK. And Oxford and Cambridge aren't even that posh. You don't know what "posh" is, do you? And you obviously don't know the poshest places in the UK. grin

Anyway, I need to hit the sheets now. Don't sleep on white folks in the UK - they're rich as fvck and a lot of them have old money and inheritance. Coupled with white privilege. And Asians get money via the ring they run and they've got cars for days. Even a lot of car finance companies are owned by them and they can always get you a sweet/easy deal on a range rover, if you understand the game. wink

2 Likes

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by sukkot: 3:23am On Feb 17, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lmao. That's why I always tell you to go out more for fresh air. Apart from locking yourself in a basement in manny, studying stars and constellation - you obviously don't know much. grin

Living paycheck to paycheck doesn't negate the fact that the overwhelming majority of the cars on the street are less than 6 years old. Even in today's UK, most folks don't even consider porsche and Jaguar to be luxurious. And Range Rover is one of the most common cars on the street.

The fact that you put Wales in ya list of expensive places in the UK shows you don't know anything. Wales is like the poorest place in the UK. And Oxford and Cambridge aren't even that posh. You don't know what "posh" is, do you? And you obviously don't know the poshest places in the UK. grin

Anyway, I need to hit the sheets now. Don't sleep on white folks in the UK - they're rich as fvck and a lot of them have old money and inheritance. Coupled with white privilege. And Asians get money via the ring they run and they've got cars for days. Even a lot of car finance companies are owned by them and they can always get you a sweet/easy deal on a range rover, if you understand the game. wink
like i said, you are faking the funk. this is the most expensive and luxurious car rental in england and they only deal with range rovers. coincidence ? i think not http://www.seasoncars.com/fleet/range-rover-car-hire

case closed wink grin
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by SirShymexx: 3:28am On Feb 17, 2016
sukkot:
like i said, you are faking the funk. this is the most expensive and luxurious car rental in england and they only deal with range rovers. coincidence ? i think not http://www.seasoncars.com/fleet/range-rover-car-hire

case closed wink grin

Lmao...list of cars they rent out:

- Volvo XC60
- Volvo V60 Estate
- Audi A8

^^^Are those luxury cars to you? grin
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by sukkot: 3:28am On Feb 17, 2016
tpiar:

I said who in Nigeria, not who outside Nigeria.

and, you may have been scammed, did you count the money or you just assumed it was 100,000?
really ? 14,000 is small money to many. this the kind of money some people spend on a weekend. you need to find out about what big boys are doing in nigeria. ebele bought 1000 ipads and gold plated it and gave it for free to anyone who attended his daughters wedding. cost of each ipad ? 5000 dollars. cost of the 1000 ipads ? 5 million dollars. what is 14 k ? lmao. make i no laugh ooo tpia

1 Like

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by Wyttcat: 3:29am On Feb 17, 2016
Anyone who has been around Hermes would know her bags are fake. I almost said something about it yesterday, but knew she will eventually be disgraced right there in Nigeria there cos there are people with the real thing, (I live less than 1 mile from Phipps plaza/Buckhead ave, Georgia headquarters of Birkin and other finest boutiques, and see Nigerians snagg them like it's cheap) unless she doesn't hang out with the movers and shakers. These people hate the truth and always feel someone is out to get them and jealous of their fake success

EgunMogaji:
I called it yesterday. The bags are fake.

Only a Nigerian will argue when even the manufacturer has said that they are fake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by sukkot: 3:30am On Feb 17, 2016
SirShymexx:

Lmao...list of cars they rent out:

- Volvo XC60
- Volvo V60 Estate
- Audi A8

^^^Are those luxury cars to you? grin
it is specified that the range is the luxurious ride. and i am sure the people who own the outfit know more than you do cuz they own a multimillion pound business while you dont. wink
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by tpiar: 3:30am On Feb 17, 2016
examples of luxurious interiors:

panels on walls, etc, these all contribute to the high cost and maintenance of such housing, hence the term luxury.

3 Likes

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by sukkot: 3:32am On Feb 17, 2016
tpiar:

No, we are not getting any wires crossed.

I'm simply pointing out Linda's house is not considered as luxurious as you imagine.

You might feel it's luxurious because it's in Nigeria, but it wouldnt be so elsewhere.
you are speaking to someone who has seen luxurious cribs all over the world and her crib is universally luxurious. trust me. i have been to luxurious condos downtown chicago that dont look as good as that . ok. trust me. when i was in uni i was doing a side job delivering to luxury condos downtown chicago. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY SHE HAS A WORLD CLASS LUXURIOUS CONDO. OK
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by SirShymexx: 3:33am On Feb 17, 2016
sukkot:
it is specified that the range is the luxurious ride. and i am sure the people who own the outfit know more than you do cuz they own a multimillion dollar business while you dont. wink

But the Audi and Volvo were also put there. And ya point is?

You just love arguing for the sake of it, despite being clueless. Same way you know better about the source of the bags than the owner who said she bought her bags from Hermes shop on Sloane street. grin

You done lost ya mind. grin

1 Like

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by sukkot: 3:36am On Feb 17, 2016
SirShymexx:

But the Audi and Volvo were also put there. And ya point is?

You just love arguing for the sake of it, despite being clueless. Same way you know better about the source of the bags than the owner who said she bought her bags from Hermes shop on Sloane street. grin

You done lost ya mind. grin
like i said, the range is specified as a luxury rental by a world class rental company in england. i am sure they are more qualified than you cuz they own a million pound business while you are just a keyboard armchair speculator with no business wink
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by Missy89(f): 3:39am On Feb 17, 2016
All I see is someone getting a dose of her own medicine.

She made her money posting unverified copy and paste crap like most niaja bloggers. Some off which have ruined the reputations of decent but careless people.

3 Likes

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by Nobody: 3:39am On Feb 17, 2016
princeisah26:
When you realise Linda Ikeji spends your entire tuition on designer bags
Lmao grin grin grin grin
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by tpiar: 3:40am On Feb 17, 2016
sukkot:
you are speaking to someone who has seen luxurious cribs all over the world and her crib is universally luxurious.

It is not, even in Nigeria.

it might be universally basic or have universal infrastructure, if you are not considering the size (it seems to have a lot of space from the outside, but she's only shown about 3 or 4 rooms there so far- her bedroom, her living room, her office room, and her kitchen. Not sure what's going on with the other rooms in the two buildings that make up the house. I'd have thought there'd be at least 8 to 10 rooms there.

trust me. i have been to luxurious condos downtown chicago that dont look as good as that . ok. trust me. when i was in uni i was doing a side job delivering to luxury condos downtown chicago. TRUST ME WHEN I SAY SHE HAS A WORLD CLASS LUXURIOUS CONDO. OK

nah, not even the developer would say this.

Mind you, I'm not saying her house is not fine, it is, but not as luxurious as you're portraying.

2 Likes

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by tpiar: 3:45am On Feb 17, 2016
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by SirShymexx: 3:47am On Feb 17, 2016
sukkot:
like i said, the range is specified as a luxury rental by a world class rental company in england. i am sure they are more qualified than you cuz they own a million pound business while you are just a keyboard armchair speculator with no business wink

It's obvious that the English language is ya forte and you just exist in ya own little world you created in ya head, in a basement in Manny, mate. grin

For the fact that the same company use "luxury" for Volvo and Audi A8, shows that it's in a different context, hence they put the real luxurious cars in their inventory under the "super car" and "prestige car" category.

So what's the correlation between how the company used the word "luxury", and the context in which we're talking about "luxurious" here? You always talk for the sake of it, without an understanding of what the hell you're yapping about.

Is range rover luxurious in the context of wealth/riches? It isn't cos even those who don't fall into the rich/wealthy category can afford it and they drive range rover everywhere. Period. Case closed. Open ya mind and stop being thick in the head when you're clueless. For the fact that you argued that you know about the source of the bags better than the owner just shows you done lost ya cotton picking mind. grin

I'm out. grin

1 Like

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by Nobody: 3:49am On Feb 17, 2016
Missy89:
All I see is someone getting a dose of her own medicine.

She made her money posting unverified copy and paste crap like most niaja bloggers. Some off which have ruined the reputations of decent but careless people.
But her spending $28,000 on two handbags is quite ridiculous. That's nearly half the annual median income of a middle-class American.

I doubt that the bags are fake, unless she's lying
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by sukkot: 3:57am On Feb 17, 2016
tpiar:

It is not, even in Nigeria.

it might be universally basic or have universal infrastructure, if you are not considering the size (it seems to have a lot of space from the outside, but she's only shown about 3 or 4 rooms there so far- her bedroom, her living room, her office room, and her kitchen. Not sure what's going on with the other rooms in the two buildings that make up the house. I'd have thought there'd be at least 8 to 10 rooms there.

nah, not even the developer would say this.

Mind you, I'm not saying her house is not fine, it is, but not as luxurious as you're portraying.
which world class condo in the world has 8 to 10 rooms ? now you are just hating. no condo has 10 rooms.
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by Ndipe(m): 3:59am On Feb 17, 2016
vanity.
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by tpiar: 4:00am On Feb 17, 2016
from the size, it shouldnt have less than 10 rooms.

Check the photos and stop being emotional over frivolities when some Nigerians are still believing God for many things you are taking for granted, such as food.
Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by sukkot: 4:01am On Feb 17, 2016
[quote author=tpiar post=42991215][/quote] if you dont think this is world class luxurious, something is seriously wrong with you lol. if this structure was located in california you would pay 10 million dollars for it. if in miami you will pay like 5 million dollars for something that looks like this

Re: They Want To Disgrace Me - Linda Defends Birkins After Hermes Confirms It's Fake by ChappyChase: 4:04am On Feb 17, 2016
naijaboiy:
So na bag we wan dey discuss upandan for NL now?

And this linda is being too immature talking about her wealth and what she has. Let her fans do the talking and not her.

i'll like to see where this will end. I hope it pays my bills though. undecided
Baba you scarce pass dollars oo, where you chook head?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Actor Olaiya Igwe Prostrates After MC Oluomo Gifts Him A Benz (Photos, Video) / I Go Dye Builds A House For His Mother (Photo) / Skolopad Wore Sausage Outfit To South African Feather Awards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.