Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki (33662 Views)

"I Won’t Resign Over Abuja Airport Closure" - Amaechi / PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos) / I Won’t Resign Even If I Don’t Defeat Boko Haram By December, Says Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by bamite(m): 6:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
LesbianBoy:

Same way I can't understand how certificateless, gworo-chewing, burukutu sipping bastard buhari who was rejected by nigerians in 2003, 2007 and 2011 elections is suddenly now the one to bring "change" to our dear country! It shall not be well with all zombies and their families angry

These APC government will go down in history as the worst government of all time in nigeria! I repeat OF ALL TIME IN NIGERIAN! Quote me anywhere!
You can't even properly spell nigeria and you're here vomiting bile from that stinking cesspit you call a mouthangry shame on you guy
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by tsephanyah(f): 6:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
because you are African and we are first on earth, according to Darwin
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by iretiland: 6:51pm On Feb 26, 2016
EasternActivist:

Both of then should resign. No sentiments.
But is the woman so clueless that she can't spot or talk against such unfavourable policies if truly there is one? May be she is disabled too.....
Anyway I don't care. Both should resign.
While the clueless kemi is giving the highest priority for her mumuism

Like I said earlier, you need to get a functional education. In a human society, the Central Bank and Finance Ministry perform different functions and one does not need to agree or otherwise with the other. If Kemi speaks about the CBN's policy roundabout, whatever she says carries the same weight in the ears of the CBN gov with whatever and uneducated mind like yourself says. Those whose words carry any weight with the CBN gov are referred to as the Monetary Policy Committee. Therefore, next time it is announced that this committee will be meeting, hire someone with to explain to you what their decision(s) is(are). You have no right to say someone is dull, because you don't even KNOW anything..... therefore you should use that adjective for yourself. People like you can't hardly identify intelligent people because you are full of hate and also lacks basic education, irrespective of whatever educational certificate you may claim to hold. Sadly, many Nigerians are like you and that explains where this country find herself today.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by EasternActivist: 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
[s]
iretiland:

Like I said earlier, you need to get a functional education. In a human society, the Central Bank and Finance Ministry perform different functions and one does not need to agree or otherwise with the other. If Kemi speaks about the CBN's policy roundabout, whatever she says carries the same weight in the ears of the CBN gov with whatever and uneducated mind like yourself says. Those whose words carry any weight with the CBN gov are referred to as the Monetary Policy Committee. Therefore, next time it is announced that this committee will be meeting, hire someone with to explain to you what their decision(s) is(are). You have no right to say someone is dull, because you don't even KNOW anything..... therefore you should use that adjective for yourself. People like you can't hardly identify intelligent people because you are full of hate and also lacks basic education, irrespective of whatever educational certificate you may claim to hold. Sadly, many Nigerians are like you and that explains where this country find herself today.
[/s]

Balderdash.... I don't need an economist to tell me when an economy is crumbling.
Kemi is the one that ought to be held responsible and should also be the one to pay for the consequences.

I support her resignation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by nijanigga: 6:57pm On Feb 26, 2016
This senate president with "malu" head went to court to block his trail when he has no hiding place to stop his trial he's now resorted to, him being persecuted; cheap blackmail, I wondered this guy had medical doctor's brain. Go face your trail mumu.
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by HARDDON: 6:58pm On Feb 26, 2016
EasternActivist:

What are you insinuating??

angry

Now he wants to make it obvious....

If u can't decode that....

Op, Where r d proceeds so far from d kwaruption fights?
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by HARDDON: 7:01pm On Feb 26, 2016
iretiland:

...can hardly.....
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 7:08pm On Feb 26, 2016
Akaujaa:

Don't you think you should rather speak for yourself or are you by implication saying you are a thief? Its a pity and shameful to see a young man talk this way. Its only a criminal that will not believe that as corrupt as this country is, there are people who are clean. Nobody is forcing Saraki to resign, that's why the issue is in court. Resigning willingly is a thing of the conscience and its more honourable that's if he has a conscience, anyway. A child who antagonises his father, should not expect a rollercoaster relationship with his father. How can you murder sleep and still want have a sound sleep? Saraki betrayed his party for his selfish interest. Now is payback time.

Stop the holier than thou pontification. the governments we have are a reflection of us, all our government officials are just as corrupt as we are collectively. A handfull of leaders cannot ruin a nation, what ruins nations are the people. You think any govt can bring change without the people changing? The difference between Nigeria and most countries that work is not the absence of corrupt leadership, but the absence of corruption in society. I am not justifying it, but we had corrupt leaders under Gowon but society wasn't corrupt and the country was prosperous for all rich and poor. We had corrupt leaders under Shagari but society wasnt corrupt, so the broader society functioned and prospered. Even the way politicians loot is a reflection of society, In Shagari's time, you "borrowed" $2.8B put in in an account for 6 months, collect the interest and returned the money to govt, that was corruption, now you carry the whole $2.8B with impunity. The problem we have now is that society itself is now corrupt so even an incorruptible leadership will struggle to navigate the ship. This is why I always harp on about Babangida because he infused the culture of corruption into the fabric of society.

Our society is corrupt let's stop fooling ourselves that it's government that is corrupt, you only have to look at the Budget fiasco. It's not the government that padded the budget, it's ordinary citizens like you and I working for the civil service.
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by menxer: 7:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
EasternActivist:
[s][/s]

Misappropriated priority. And mischanneled contribution.

You should be addressing that to the finance minister by name kemi who in her foolishness and unprofessionalism is trying to ground this economy to a halt.

The boldened is an apt description of your comment.
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by EasternActivist: 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
menxer:

Yes of course, I showed him where those words would have been fitted so nicely grin

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
menxer:

all these illiterates!
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by Tony1208: 7:22pm On Feb 26, 2016
The s.prsdnt is far more reasonable than the nija president so y wil he leave?

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 7:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
Assets declaration info must be updated regularly by the declarant. The last time Saraki did it, according to him, was in 2011. In 2015, did you declare all that you have or you concealed some? That you declared previously, and the security agencies picked no holes in it could only mean that the then administration didn't emphasize assets declaration as a key government policy, for example, Jonathan wasn't interested in the exercise. The security agencies could also have overlooked the strict assessment and implementation of that constitutional requirement, even in circumstances of falsehood, because Jona didn't support the policy. In this circumstance, could not being questioned at that time of a corrupt government mean that you were clean? I am certain that the security agencies have a strong case against you. Once the trials commence and they unfold their charges against you, those who are shouting 'persecution' will be begging for leniency. Besides, criminal charges can be activated at any time no matter how long apart it took place, as they are not time barred.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by menxer: 7:42pm On Feb 26, 2016
lookandlaff:

all these illiterates!

You that answered an illiterate in his illiteracy, what does that make you, a Solomon?
I doubt.
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by Nobody: 7:50pm On Feb 26, 2016
Okonikott:
Assets declaration info must be updated regularly by the declarant. The last time Saraki did it, according to him, was in 2011. In 2015, did you declare all that you have or you concealed some? That you declared previously, and the security agencies picked no holes in it could only mean that the then administration didn't emphasize assets declaration as a key government policy, for example, Jonathan wasn't interested in the exercise. The security agencies could also have overlooked the strict assessment and implementation of that constitutional requirement, even in circumstances of falsehood, because Jona didn't support the policy. In this circumstance, could not being questioned at that time of a corrupt government mean that you were clean? I am certain that the security agencies have a strong case against you. Once the trials commence and they unfold their charges against you, those who are shouting 'persecution' will be begging for leniency. Besides, criminal charges can be activated at any time no matter how long apart it took place, as they are not time barred.

read this: why Saraki's CCt case will fail.

https://www.nairaland.com/2613333/why-ccb-cct-wrong-sarakis
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by orakao8: 8:02pm On Feb 26, 2016
HOW MUCH DID TINUBU PAY YOU FOR THIS?
seunmsg:
He either resigns honourably or get thrown out by the court in shame. It's his choice to make.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by orakao8: 8:04pm On Feb 26, 2016
GBAM
brainpower:
Some people are just scared that they won't return to Aso Rock by 2019 of people like this are not brought down. Next will be Atiku cos they know that if the elections were left to them alone, they wouldn't win. They had better start working cos propaganda and media trials won't stand as campaign points in the next 4years, sorry I mean 3years.

You can't persecute everyone. This man tries to reach the common man in the street, he knows what we really need in this 21st century unlike those that stayed behind in this 20th century.

In as much as I support the fight against corruption like in the case of the former minister of interior, Bala Mohammed, I urge those that are just being persecuted now to hold on. 2019 is around the corner. They will come to beg you to help them win

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by orakao8: 8:10pm On Feb 26, 2016
HE HAS ALREADY PASSED JAGABAN'S LEAGUE grin grin grin
LegatusGlaber:
Make no mistake, win or loose, Saraki will come out one of the most dogged politician of his time, in the same league as Jagaban.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by orakao8: 8:13pm On Feb 26, 2016
YOUR PROBLEM
mu2sa2:
This man is a bloody liar. His is not denying making false declaration in violation of the law. He is only saying, so what! Why prosecute me? I know he and his crooked lawyers are only playing for time, hoping to use money on the judges. But they will fail.Surely, Saraki is paying for the massive looting of depositors money in the defunct societe general bank and plunder of kwara state treasury, which is still continuing through his surrogates. If this certified crook is not convicted on the charges against him, nobody should ever be convicted for corruption.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by orakao8: 8:24pm On Feb 26, 2016
WHICH IS EXACTLY SARAKI'S POINT.............WITCHUNTING
Akaujaa:

Don't you think you should rather speak for yourself or are you by implication saying you are a thief? Its a pity and shameful to see a young man talk this way. Its only a criminal that will not believe that as corrupt as this country is, there are people who are clean. Nobody is forcing Saraki to resign, that's why the issue is in court. Resigning willingly is a thing of the conscience and its more honourable that's if he has a conscience, anyway. A child who antagonises his father, should not expect a rollercoaster relationship with his father. How can you murder sleep and still want have a sound sleep? Saraki betrayed his party for his selfish interest. Now is payback time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by wealth123: 8:25pm On Feb 26, 2016
Brainpower, please increase the use of your brain. How can you say Saraki tries to reach the common man? Saraki is the exact opposite. Senators are walking home with almost 15 million monthly while some states cannot pay N18000 minimum wage and you are here spewing thrash. Please wise up or are you benefiting from their impunity? Go and ask the role Saraki played in the collapse of Societte Generale Bank (SGBN). Remember also that he was stoned by the people at Ilorin after muslim prayers because they realised how he has impoverished them for good 8 years as Governor of Kwara state.

brainpower:
Some people are just scared that they won't return to Aso Rock by 2019 of people like this are not brought down. Next will be Atiku cos they know that if the elections were left to them alone, they wouldn't win. They had better start working cos propaganda and media trials won't stand as campaign points in the next 4years, sorry I mean 3years.

You can't persecute everyone. This man tries to reach the common man in the street, he knows what we really need in this 21st century unlike those that stayed behind in this 20th century.

In as much as I support the fight against corruption like in the case of the former minister of interior, Bala Mohammed, I urge those that are just being persecuted now to hold on. 2019 is around the corner. They will come to beg you to help them win
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by iretiland: 8:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
EasternActivist:
[s][/s]

Balderdash.... I don't need an economist to tell me when an economy is crumbling.
Kemi is the one that ought to be held responsible and should also be the one to pay for the consequences.

I support her resignation.

As you can see, you lack the brain to understand all these stuff, and that's why I have continued to advise you to get a good functional education. Your level of knowledge is not good enough for explaining issues to humans. People like you use boldface to explain what they have no clue about thereby affecting the society negatively. You deserve a fully funded scholarship to get some quality education else you will destroy yourself.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by Akaujaa(m): 8:30pm On Feb 26, 2016
lookandlaff:

Stop the holier than thou pontification. the governments we have are a reflection of us, all our government officials are just as corrupt as we are collectively. A handfull of leaders cannot ruin a nation, what ruins nations are the people. You think any govt can bring change without the people changing? The difference between Nigeria and most countries that work is not the absence of corrupt leadership, but the absence of corruption in society. I am not justifying it, but we had corrupt leaders under Gowon but society wasn't corrupt and the country was prosperous for all rich and poor. We had corrupt leaders under Shagari but society wasnt corrupt, so the broader society functioned and prospered. Even the way politicians loot is a reflection of society, In Shagari's time, you "borrowed" $2.8B put in in an account for 6 months, collect the interest and returned the money to govt, that was corruption, now you carry the whole $2.8B with impunity. The problem we have now is that society itself is now corrupt so even an incorruptible leadership will struggle to navigate the ship. This is why I always harp on about Babangida because he infused the culture of corruption into the fabric of society.

Our society is corrupt let's stop fooling ourselves that it's government that is corrupt, you only have to look at the Budget fiasco. It's not the government that padded the budget, it's ordinary citizens like you and I working for the civil service.

Your analysis by implication posit that you don't believe in goodness but only have faith in evil; that's why you generalise that everyone in the Nigerian society is enshrined in the act of corruption. I'm not saying that am righteous or holier than thou as you put it but my point is that in any corrupt ridden society, there are people whose lives are not under the dictates of societal vices. Our political landscape has remained the same over the years because of the bad culture of succession and godfatherism and not that the society is enmeshed with only but corrupt elements.
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by orakao8: 8:31pm On Feb 26, 2016
STORY STORY.....HE WILL BE PROVEN INNOCENT BY GOD'S GRACE AND TINUBU WILL BE ASHAMED
Okonikott:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by Pavarottii(m): 8:39pm On Feb 26, 2016
seunmsg:

You ipob clowns can't do without talking about Kemi Adeosun. Do you see her in your dreams? This thread is about Saraki, stick to topic and stop derailing with your unnecessary obsession with the finance minister.
Did u urself read the post b4 commenting. Cos ur first comment shows u didn't read the post at all.
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by precious1967(m): 8:43pm On Feb 26, 2016
dont step down but take note that short nicker has been sewn for u anytime u quit dt position.
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by nakamora: 8:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
chukwudi44:

No dear,he will be senate president till 2019.Live with that

Igbo love corruption the way monkey like banana. Saraki & Tinubu are both Yoruba,why taken panadol for another man's headache.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by surey: 9:29pm On Feb 26, 2016
When falsehood is on the run for 20 years the truth will catch up with it within a twinkling of the eye. God will fight on behalf of kwara masses...
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by rhymesnoni(m): 10:45pm On Feb 26, 2016
Diz guy z jst 2 korrupt, me no 4 1nce like m.
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by rhymesnoni(m): 10:47pm On Feb 26, 2016
chukwudi44:

No dear,he will be senate president till 2019.Live with that
Rubbish
Re: Why I Won’t Resign As Senate President’ – Bukola Saraki by SenJoe(m): 10:54pm On Feb 26, 2016
I don't like this guy but I love his sense of humor. He is a sharp guy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Jonathan’s Achievements In Infographics / Graphic Photo Murdered Christopher Hobobo, Ex PDP Chairman In Bayelsa / Kings Visit Nnamdi Kanu In Umuahia (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.