Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,879 members, 7,824,669 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos (26598 Views)

Lady Sets Her Only Son Ablaze For Stealing MP3 Player In Abia (Graphic Photo) / Man Sets Neighbour Ablaze For Chasing His Fiancée / Robber Set On Fire In Emede, Delta (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by janzguy: 1:28am On Feb 28, 2016
A mob on Saturday set ablaze a. suspected robber at Funmilayo junction, Agege, Lagos State, for allegedly stealing a plasma television.

SUNDAY PUNCH learnt that the suspect, identified as One Mopol, was leaving Sura Odumakin Street, where he had allegedly stolen the TV set when he was caught around 6am by a resident.

The resident was said to have raised the alarm, drawing the angry crowd to the scene. He was almost lynched when policemen from the Elere division arrived to rescue him.

As the operatives were taking him away, he reportedly vowed to go after his assailants when he left the police
custody.

His statement was said to have drawn the ire of the mob that snatched him from the police.

Our correspondent learnt that the mob stabbed him several times, tied him with a rope and dragged him to the junction where he was set ablaze.

An eyewitness, Diran Oderinde, said the police later came in a van and took away his corpse, adding that the deceased was notorious for robbery in the community.

Oderinde said, “I was woken up around 6.30am by the commotion caused by his arrest. One Mopol was a known robber in this community and he robbed with confidence.

He stole the plasma television at Sura Odumakin in the Papa area but was caught by a resident when he was about to escape.”

Another resident, who identified himself only as Taofiq, said One Mopol derived his name from his mode of operation.

He said he raped a woman last week after dispossessing her of N30, 000.

“He robbed alone with a cutlass. Last Saturday night, he robbed a woman selling food on Abiba Street and raped her. When One Mopol was caught this morning (Saturday), the woman came to the scene and discovered that he was the one who actually attacked her.”

A mechanic, Tolu Ibrahim, said One Mopol’s death was a relief to residents, adding that hardly a week went by that he would not rob someone in the community.

The Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, Dolapo Badmos, said his corpse had been deposited in a morgue for autopsy and urged the public to shun jungle justice.

She said, “A robber who allegedly stole a plasma TV was burnt to death at Funmilayo area, Agege. Police got the information and moved to the scene but unfortunately the man had died.

Investigation is on to unravel what actually transpired. The command will not tolerate jungle justice in any case, members of the public should endeavour to report such and normal procedure will be followed to get justice done.”

www.punchng.com/robber-set-ablaze-for-stealing-plasma-tv/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by osemoses1234(m): 7:48am On Feb 28, 2016
My guy Nero flo I greet yu. yu nah boss

1 Like

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by Jabioro: 8:32am On Feb 28, 2016
It is better that way than let the police take him away ,when he return ,he cause more havoc.I love the courage from the mob..Atorun do run

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by Motherfucker2: 8:43am On Feb 28, 2016
I wish all the Nigerians do live in a law abiding country like the USA.
Driving without a driver's license will get you locked up in jail.
Do you know what would happen to you if you kill someone, even if he stole $900 billion from you ??Death penalty in Texas or life in prison in some wack states like Pennsylvania, New York, Kentucky, Ohio and Arkansas.

In Nigeria you can kill 500 people and no one gives a fucckk

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by Motherfucker2: 8:43am On Feb 28, 2016
Jabioro:
It is better that way than let the police take him away ,when he return ,he cause more havoc.I love the courage from the mob..Atorun do run

This is why you should remain in Nigeria forever.
If a someone breaks into your house in Texas USA and steals your $100 million , 70 Ferrari and $900 billion worth of gold, what would you do if you catch him ?? Set him ablaze ??
Under the Texas law, you will be getting the death penalty.
You can only kill people in Nigeria and no one will question you because Nigeria is a third world country

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by brunofarad(m): 8:44am On Feb 28, 2016
shocked
Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by GodpunishBuhari: 8:44am On Feb 28, 2016
Just plasma? That's not cool hand them to police after beating Nawa oo
Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by RoyalBlak007: 8:45am On Feb 28, 2016
too bad..

every day for the......., one day for the...... undecided
Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by Lasgidy1(m): 8:45am On Feb 28, 2016
So what happens to our politicians who steal billions in USD. I feel sorry for this country

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by Gracito(f): 8:45am On Feb 28, 2016
G
Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by adorablepepple(f): 8:45am On Feb 28, 2016
undecided
Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by NinaArsenal(f): 8:45am On Feb 28, 2016
Say no to jungle justice. *modified
Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by orijintv(m): 8:46am On Feb 28, 2016
Pls I Need Likes kiss grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by loomer: 8:46am On Feb 28, 2016
People still dey steal TV?

3 Likes

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by MummyTehillah(f): 8:46am On Feb 28, 2016
And Dasuki is still alive blabbing. SMH
Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by hungryboy(m): 8:47am On Feb 28, 2016
One Mopol name come change to One dead robber

4 Likes

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by franconian: 8:48am On Feb 28, 2016
One Mopol is an alleged thief who I feel like every other elleged thief, deserves a trial.
For people saying no need to give him up to the police for fear of being released without trail, you should know that the mobs could have used the energy they used in killing him to make sure the police do the right if they sense foul play.

But if we all agree that jungle justice should be the fate of alleged criminals (which is quite barbaric), then we should do away with the rule of law, hand the dasukis to our "able" mobs to do the needful. The rule of law shouldn't be for the rich and jungle justice for the poor. what's good for the goose is good for the gander!

I'm not defending alleged thieves and I don't feel sorry for One Mopol (may his ashes RIP grin) I'm only saying they should all get equal treatment. The alleged political thieves (the stealthy killers, the major weapons of mass destruction) should even get a crueler treatment.

8 Likes

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by Sunnypa11(m): 8:48am On Feb 28, 2016
A local thief.he sabi steal my Agege bread....Jungle Justice bad ooo
Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by chelseabmw(m): 8:48am On Feb 28, 2016
Happy Sunday Guys

1 Like

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by mrlaw93(m): 8:48am On Feb 28, 2016
Instead of make the werey keep quite, he still dey brag. That serves him right. A lesson to those nairalander that can type nonsense forming dope.

6 Likes

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by bisola99: 8:48am On Feb 28, 2016
Rip to d dead, but good for him! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by Nobody: 8:49am On Feb 28, 2016
The same people who are campaigning 'bring back corruption' are murdering TV thieves. Same people who shout witch-hunt are hunting down and killing poor thieves. Life is sacred.

1 Like

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by Olaosebikan1: 8:49am On Feb 28, 2016
Dats nice
Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by Nobody: 8:50am On Feb 28, 2016
Motherfucker2:

This is why you should remain in Nigeria forever.
If a someone breaks into your house in Texas USA and steals your $100 million naira, 70 Ferrari and $900 billion worth of gold, what would you do if you catch him ?? Set him ablaze ??
Under the Texas law, you will be getting the death penalty.
You can only kill people in Nigeria and no one will question you because Nigeria is a third world country

And given the mindset of the average Nigerian youth, it will forever remain a Third World nation. While this same youths applaud mega thieves, they will never delay to burn alive petty thieves.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by martineverest(m): 8:50am On Feb 28, 2016
Same way they set politicians ablaze for stealing their billions..
Nigerians remain world biggest hypocrites

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by Gabaleve(m): 8:50am On Feb 28, 2016
I was there....i personally had to slam a plank on his head. I thought he had guts bt he was begging lyk a baby

5 Likes

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by CaroLyner(f): 8:50am On Feb 28, 2016
Jabioro:
Gabaleve:
I was there....i personally had to slam a plank on his head. I thought he had guts bt he was begging lyk a baby
Jabioro:
Mumus.you both should have been swallowed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by Ekii(f): 8:51am On Feb 28, 2016
Why do they need to carry out an autopsy? Is the cause of death not clear enough? Lol

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Robber Set Ablaze For Stealing Plasma TV In Lagos by amunkita(m): 8:51am On Feb 28, 2016
Omo see sunday meat

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Stabbed To Death By Customs Officer Along Enugu Expressway. Photos / Brisk Investment Says Repayments Won't Be Made As Long As CEO Is Detained / Fulani Herdsmen Invade Enugu Communities, Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.