Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit (53175 Views)

GTB Releases Official Statement On Innoson And EFCC / Everything In My Account: Hilarious Bank Teller / Help Gtb Excessive Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by bigtt76(f): 12:21pm On Feb 29, 2016
GTBank office far from where you dey live? Or you nor get den phone number or email address? SMH undecided people shaaa wait until e enter 1 million your eye go open. Take note that with BVN ...no escaping to another bank grin

Timileyin:
I heard 30k in that account but now negative.... Help now it's -77k in my salary account

4 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Holyman3(m): 12:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
ZN2:
Hide your account number on that screenshot. You're exposing yourself there.

Who would be interested in account number with minus -28000?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by ifyalways(f): 12:22pm On Feb 29, 2016
lightheart:

At the bolded, I was surprised too when they charged me N199 to a dollar on a transaction I did over the weekend.
You are owning them ni oo and they will come for the balance, if they've not already. Check your account balance.

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Leopantro: 12:23pm On Feb 29, 2016
stagger:
OP,

You were simply trying to be smart. You know what Nigerian banks have been charging since this whole Naira fall of a thing started. No bank has charged anything below N290 to $1. Somebody even issued a warning about this is another thread and said that the bank may later come back to withdraw the excess.

It is unfortunate you are now a victim. Get ready to pay the excess X $500. Just pray the Naira does not slide more by the time the transaction is fully settled.

According to CBN directive, all banks MUST make public the rate of currency exchange to a customer BEFORE he makes an online transaction. Did the bank follow that directive? If no and he was charged at N 199 then later at N299, how is it a fault of the customer?
H

13 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by mradjoy(m): 12:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
GTBank has bitten more than they can chew! Charging exorbitantly compared to what is obtainable in other banks.

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by prowlG: 12:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
The banks are really taking advantage of this present situation and cbn is doing nothing about it. They won't let you know how much they will charge before charging. You can always check abokifx.com to have idea of daily rates.

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 12:24pm On Feb 29, 2016
Nkan ti o le. Close the account once u get what you ordered for. BTW why didn't you buy #made in Naija to grow the naira?

6 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by bigtt76(f): 12:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
Did you get a response? Emails to that department always bounces grin

andymofia:
same thing happened to me. I wrote to CBN Consumer Protection Department

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by ifyalways(f): 12:25pm On Feb 29, 2016
Teejava:
Sorry OP.
Reason why i call GTB cuatomer care for their official rate for the day, i record the call, before proceeding with my transaction. BTW GTB has the highest $ to # exchange rate in naija. That #200 to $1 no possible at all. Mayb you should explain more to us.
Not GTB trust me, Access and UBA are the worst.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by bigtt76(f): 12:26pm On Feb 29, 2016
grin

Holyman3:

Who would be interested in account number with minus -28000?

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by otitokoroleti: 12:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
Sezuo:
Nkan ti o le. Close the account once u get what you ordered for. BTW why didn't you buy #made in Naija to grow the naira?
no answer until u tell me y buhari prefer bmw & nt innoson

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by rosalieene(f): 12:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
Consumer Advocacy Foundation of Nigeria (CAFON), a consumer advocacy group in Nigeria declares Tuesday March 1st as #NoBankingDay, in protest of excessive bank charges which include:
N65 charge on every 3rd withdrawal from other banks.
N1000 for Debit card issuance and renewals (which is free in many countries).
N100 annual Debit card maintenance fee.
N105 charge on every online transfer.
Monthly account maintenance charge of N1 per mille.
Various deductions from Savings Accounts.
A new Stamp Duty charge of N50 on every credit over N1000. And many more...
pls pass on and share. Enough is Enough!!!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by AleAirHub(m): 12:27pm On Feb 29, 2016
This total digital robbing must stop...

GTBANK get ready for the heat and fire that will come out from this your total mess that has been incur on your client nationwide and other banks will not be left out also.....

E- Fight Has Just Started.....

Cc winetapper

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by lightheart(m): 12:28pm On Feb 29, 2016
ifyalways:

You are owning them ni oo and they will come for the balance, if they've not already. Check your account balance.

Lol. Balance still intact.
Dem go jump and pass my account. Biko helep me say ameeen o

They'll get it hot this time. I trust Nigerians.
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by wrongnumber: 12:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
Timileyin:
I made an online payment with my ATM to via my master card, and I was charged at the rate of 199usd to a naira and I felt it was the rate for the day cause there is no. Unofficial way in which they relate the charges to us. I made a transaction worth 500usd and now 24hours later my account is on debit, they keep removing my money and my accounts is suspended. They should relate this to us . Nigerian banks are really stupid

Online transaction dey fear me like

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 12:29pm On Feb 29, 2016
Serious
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 12:30pm On Feb 29, 2016
GTBank is the 2nd most fraudulent bank in Nigeria after UBA.

7 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by shocker007(m): 12:34pm On Feb 29, 2016
Una never see chun chin grin
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by jesse515: 12:35pm On Feb 29, 2016
toluxa1:
This was a deliberate deceit and ploy by GTB to steal from their customers. After a steep decline in people using their card, they deliberately targeted a weekend to make this stunt, knowing that full deduction will not be made till the next business day and by then word will spread and more people will use their cards. I have a recording of the call I put through to GTBank customer care and the later said their current rate is 199. We should not let this go! About two of my friends in the UK made ATM withdrawals at $278/£, this morning they have cleared their accounts too.

Cc lalasticlala

The only advice I will give u as regards "WE" is to get ur PVC ready n continue to vote for "CHANGE"

Sheybi wen una de run una mouth de shout change una no knw? Yeye de smell

4 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by mavinc4u(f): 12:35pm On Feb 29, 2016
Teejava:
Sorry OP.
Reason why i call GTB cuatomer care for their official rate for the day, i record the call, before proceeding with my transaction. BTW GTB has the highest $ to # exchange rate in naija. That #200 to $1 no possible at all. Mayb you should explain more to us.

you recorded their call. guy keep it that is our evidence. it will soon enter youtube.

This is a front page material.

Say No to Bank robbery. Banks are to protect their customers and not to rob them.

6 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Nobody: 12:35pm On Feb 29, 2016
Confess your Banking Sins now !!! And stop accusing GTB of wrong debiting ! grin grin grin
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by leuelliot(m): 12:36pm On Feb 29, 2016
And I was feeling funky on Friday with my 199/$. Forwarded details to my lawyer
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by adimoh99(m): 12:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
This is seriously becoming rampant among some financial institutions. I had a likened issue where I had a negative balance once in my salary account with Diamond and when I logged in my complaint, I was told that I did a withdrawal from first Bank atm and later a separate person said it was Skye bank atm and when I demanded for my acount statement I couldn't find any transaction as they claimed. till date it has remained unresolved. I really do not know what these banks take customers for. Recently a charge of about 3000 naira was made in my account and when I complained again they said it was for accumulated sms charges. I hope someday CBN wakes up to properly address these incessant acts of these banks.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by olajoseph22(m): 12:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
Let's look at the images clearly, I can see the use of brush tool in photoshop on the images. It has been edited. I wouldn't saying he's not right but my conclusion is that I'm not sure of those images he has posted. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by emzila(m): 12:37pm On Feb 29, 2016
if you want to know how coperate thieves operate, open Gtbank account and watch them syphone your account without explanation. my money is still missing since Dec last year.

1 Like

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by LordAdam: 12:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
If one regulatory agency get sense now, na to use diz opportunity dash GTB beta fine.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by topeorekoy(m): 12:38pm On Feb 29, 2016
jesse515:

The only advice I will give u as regards "WE" is to get ur PVC ready n continue to vote for "CHANGE"
Sheybi wen una de run una mouth de shout change una no knw? Yeye de smell

I hardly comment on Nairaland but I must say, this post's sense no too plenty.

10 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by ifyalways(f): 12:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
lightheart:

Lol. Balance still intact.
Dem go jump and pass my account. Biko helep me say ameeen o

They'll get it hot this time. I trust Nigerians.

Amen ooo.

Join me in prayers too in regards GBP. I need it to come down to 370 -380 NGN ASAP. cheesy
Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by emamos: 12:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
[s]
Brytawon:
How on earth can a Retired General buy Okada for the Army to fight insurgencies in this 21st Century? # WhereIsTheChange
[/s]off topic.

6 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by JDhotral4: 12:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
Jibiti bank don start again.

2 Likes

Re: Help GTB Cleared My Account And My Account Balance Is Now In Debit by Brytawon(m): 12:41pm On Feb 29, 2016
emamos:
[s][/s]off topic.

It is a cry too painful to ignore.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How To Write A Business Proposal? / List Of Profitable Businesses For Small Capital Owners. / Scammers New Tactics (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.